2 hours ago, daggabull said:

I see the test for ultra light rod is 1-5g. But weekly records show ppl catching with hunter-3 which is 7g +. What rod are they using or is it not a problem.

Want to buy ultra light setup and need advice.

I think there is an Ultra Light rod which allows 2-6g and its the armada series for baitcasting. You are relatively safe going over by 0.5 - 1.g extra weight, the KG icon shows as grey and not yellow so this would make sense for the 2-6g rod. Not sure if that is a bug or not so perhaps it might be prudent to keep the weight on the rod as specified and not line yourself up for huge costs if the rod breaks. 

Not had time to check the different rods myself today, can't log in as guests are coming over and I would hate to lose my happy hour. Will check for you later though.

On 19/08/2018 at 10:00 AM, daggabull said:

I see the test for ultra light rod is 1-5g. But weekly records show ppl catching with hunter-3 which is 7g +. What rod are they using or is it not a problem.

Want to buy ultra light setup and need advice.

Hi daggabull

Hi you are right the UL setups are designed for light lures and once your lure is heavier than your rod test you will get a warning on the icon bar. A yellow warning means that you extended your rod test a bit, red means your lure is a lot heavier than your rod test. Using heavier lures is causing your rod to wear off much much faster than when keeping it with the boundaries for your rod test.

Regards

Levo

• Thanks 1

Just unlock jigging rig and setup jig head with heavens creek maggot. 

Havent got a clue how i retrieve this 😯 What the method i use please etc. Sorry again o dont fish in real life. 

2 hours ago, FasTy said:

Just unlock jigging rig and setup jig head with heavens creek maggot. 

Havent got a clue how i retrieve this 😯 What the method i use please etc. Sorry again o dont fish in real life. 

Jig step it, I use 25 speed, if you're fishing at rivers, it will be harder. Work around your reel in speed.

6 hours ago, Pindobinha said:

Jig step it, I use 25 speed, if you're fishing at rivers, it will be harder. Work around your reel in speed.

Hi. Yeah im fishing on river and havent managed to jig step it yet. Been trying different speeds but nowt works yet. 😅. 

if you are spin fishing at a river try casting up stream the lure will drop faster than the line, all so increase the height of your rod when reeling in, it will increase the height of the drop of the lure, as your lure gets closer to you, lower your rod to allow for the drop difference,  you can  drag your rod back then put it back to the original position allowing slack line to develop (there is load's of way's if you think what you are doing) hoped this helped increase your catch rate . have many happy hours spinning with RF4 :0)

• Like 1

Also FasTy, when reeling in, it may initialy take say 3 cranks of the handle to get the Jig Step notification, as you continue to reel the lure closer, you may have to lower the number of turns.

An example of that from one of my alt accounts (SpinDjin) yesterday or may have been day before. I was on Winding Rivulet near the camp there. They have widened the river in that area and the run up to it. I cast as far as my little rod and reel will allow, I had retrieve set to 24/25, and drag set to 21. Was pulling a small Hypnotic. On starting retrieve I had to turn crank three times on that setup to get the notification initial. As it got a little closer I had to drop to 2.5 turns to keep getting notification, and so on as it got closer, lowering half a turn at intervals till I was on one turn as it got to me. The need to alter crank turns is due to change of depth, length of line and altered angle of rod as it gets closer.

All waterways will have different depths and contour profiles, so you have to change and adapt the technique to suit each one. For example Mosquito on the NW corner where the small collapsed wooden jetty is (not spun there in a while), I used to cast left and right from that position for  Perch and Pike.  I used to lower the retrieve a little from the winding Rivulet setup, and alter my crank turning count to suit that shallower depth. Size and weight of lure will have an affect too, so keep records. :) You just need to experiment, even smaller lures can be jig stepped if you can get the speed and crank rate correct for the depth you are fishing in, and sometimes depending on the lure it will give you speed up and or step and go too. But I only find this every now and again, I also need more practice for those other techniques. :P

• Like 1

Forgot to also add, that if you fish the same area on a different setup, the gear ratio may differ and you will need to compensate with fewer or more turns to get the result you want. ;)

• Like 1