LadyofGames

Baits Q&A

25 minutes ago, DufferDave said:

Need information as to exactly what materials are needed for each crafting item.

Every bait that you currently can craft has information on what you need. Just open crafting menu, choose the bait you want to make and you will see the components needed to make it. 

Don't forget to check out the Players guide

29 minutes ago, Strings said:

I was looking at the skill tree's and was wondering what it means to increase the quality of lets say sweet dough. I know i can make more of a certain bait when my skill increases, is quality then something like it will attract bigger fish? thanks

Bigger and more of it.

18 minutes ago, beehans said:

what bait that i can harvest beside a worm and what tools do i need to harvest them thanks. 

Hey beehans,

when you take a carefull look at our User Guide there is everything explained to you. 

3 minutes ago, Seregedhel said:

Hi, do anyone knows where i find butter?

Hi. Butter is actually meant to be sunflower oil which can be found in the store. This is a known problem which will actually going to be fixed in the near near future. Sorry for any inconvenience & any confusion caused due to this error.

21 minutes ago, DMasterCerberus said:

I was wondering were to find cottage cheese to make the cottage cheese dough with?

Hey DMasterCerberus,

cottage cheese you can only get at the diary on Kuori Lake (Level 16).

3 hours ago, krokenosterfant2 said:

Hi guys. It's been 3 real life days now that I have been unable to buy cheese or potatoes at mosquito, winding and old burg. I know they get replenished when the servers restart or something. Is there a time for restarts? so that I can stock up on bait

Hey krokenosterfant2,

the shops restock on random intervals. When you want to know when there are server restarts or patches you just need to check the Announcement topic on the forum here.

2 minutes ago, Strings said:

Are you sure about this RF4mod? I respect my skill points and now i make the best sweet dough out there and i seem to catch smaller fish now a days. Just bad luck or something else happening?

Strings: @RF4mod is one of the devs. You can trust he speaks the truth.

8 hours ago, MikeB20 said:

My question is: My Harvesting baits skill was 43% about two hours ago...I have since used my shovel to collect worms; my skill has risen once in about 200 attempts to 43.1%.  At this rate I'll be doing this for days. Is there a faster way to get to 45% when I can buy the Bloodworm harvesting tool?

That would be in this section ;). As Fast already replied: you can level it up faster if you start crafting the baits. Since you're at 43%, I would advice to craft Cottage Cheese Dough as that's the last one you've unlocked. Or Garlic Dough (unlocked at 35%) if you don't want to travel to Kuori to purchase the ingredients needed for making Cottage Cheese Dough.

4 minutes ago, krokenosterfant2 said:

Morning everyone, imagine my excitement for this update we just got... I thought I could finally get some cheese if I'm quick enough. I was wrong. Wasted a bunch of silver traveling to all the locations I have unlocked (lvl 17) and cheese is still out of stock. This really needs to be sorted out I have not been able to purchase diced cheese once, and I highly doubt it's low level players buying all the stocks because most current players don't have the silver to stock up and travel to each location. This game mechanic needs some tweaking. Otherwise this game is an absolute gem

krokenosterfant2, This is a common misconception that the stores are restocked when there is an update or when the server gets reset this is not true the stores at all locations get restocked at random intervals you will need to keep an eye out, as they will get restocked at some point!

9 minutes ago, Marcoz said:

Hi guys...

I'am at 32.1% in harvesting baits. 

Reveal hidden contents

Now:

Crafting bread: 3 attempts all succesful - no xp increase...I understand that 

Crafting pearl bearly: 4 attempts 3 succesful - no xp increase....hmmmm

Crafting sweet dough: 2 sttempts - 2 succesful - no xp increase...really ????

Crafting semolina: 3 attempts - 3 succesful - ) - 0.2% xp increase...seriously guys ?? 

Look how much silver I spent to earn 0.2% ?? 

not nice :(

Marcoz, You state that your 32.1%in harvesting baits. My question to you is how many skill points have you got invested in harvesting baits in your skill tree? This will help gain % a bit but as in most games as your skill goes up it's going to get a bit more difficult to achieve an increase with the lower level unlocked baits.

47 minutes ago, Marcoz said:

But I'm talking about harvesting baits not groundbait where you can invest skill points. In harvesting baits you can only invest skill points in harvesting wroms and redworms and that has nothing to do with me not getting xp for crafting semolina or sweet dough right ?

This is right, but also the higher quality baits will give you a higher chance at % gain than the lower quality baits.

On 2017-11-30 at 10:59 PM, Klawdette said:

Please add a description to Mayfly Larvae that show what fish would be interested in it.

... btw, what fish are interested in Mayfly Larvae?  :)

Hello Klawdette,

Your post was moved to topic "Baits" so we could answer your question, sorry for the inconvenience, but you will need to re post your suggestion without the question.
As for your question. You can catch char, arctic char, vendace, ruffe, trout, sevan trout, breams.

8 minutes ago, Marcoz said:

Hi. Few days ago I bought nightcrawlers. Since I don't have gold I must have bought it for silver. 

Today I checked Mosquito Lake, Windling Rivulet, Old Burge and Kuori Lake ( the only 4 locations I've ever visited) and everywhere nightcrawlers were only for gold. 

Has anything changed in the past few days and now nightcrawlers wiil be available to buy only with gold ??? Or what's going on ?

It's the economy.... everyone want's the same as you.... when it restock, people buy fast... then it's gone until next restock...

Volkhov now:

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8860_20171204_215548.thumb.png.45506a2c9482f5d222496f93cf5ca85f.png

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcoz said:

Cool but I'm level19, can't access Volkhov yet.

But the thing is that I bought them with silver in one of these locations: Mosquito Lake, Windling Rivulet, Old Burge and Kuori Lake and now everywhere they are only for gold. Is it a standard thing ? From now on they will always be only for gold or after next restock for silver or how should I understand that ?

Marcoz, It's because they were all sold out right now so you can only get them for gold until the next restock then you should be able to find them in stock for silver once again but for how long is going to be determined by how fast folks buy them out.

4 minutes ago, Klawdette said:

I think i'm level 14 and my harvesting bait skill is 60... anyhow, my shovel and scoop don't seem to be adding skill at this point.  Anyone have any known skill increases over 60?

Hey Klawdette,

you tried making filet or baitfish?

14 hours ago, Klawdette said:

I can't do baitfish until 65, and i have skilled 2 times in 12 filets.  Is that my path?  :(

I finally gained .1 with the scoop for 60.1, so I will see where that leads along with the pieces of fish.

Yeah it slows down when you get to the higher %. Scooping making filet and frogs or baitfish helped me the most in gaining % gain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slatkus said:

Hi. Is it possible to harvest roe? Checked skill tree and didn't find anything. Or is it gold only bait?

Hello Slatkus,

Right now roe is only for gold. In the future roe will be a harvestable bait.

1 hour ago, JunkyJuke said:

I don't know it is a coinidence or what, but when fileting, chances to fail increase dramatically when you try to filet the last available filetable fish in the keepnet. It's happening so many times it seems to be some kind of but (I almost never fail when there is more than one over 500g  fish in the keepnet). 

Hello JunkyJuke,

It's just a coincidence. Chance to succeed or fail doesn't change with the amount of fish you have. You can have 100 fish that are good for making pieces of fish and you would still have the same chance as if you had 1 fish that is good for making pieces of fish.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DeYork said:

Hello everyone, I'd like to ask if anyone knows the difference between the cheap fiskarna fillet knife and the professional one, thanks.

At the moment there is no difference but differences between the two knives will be implemented in the future. Please bare in mind that RF4 is still only 40% complete with many more things to come.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JunkyJuke said:

Do I need to unlock  livebait rigs to be able to use frogs as bait? I recently hit 60% in harvesting. 

Hello JunkyJuke,

Yes you need to unlock live bait rigs to use live bait and frogs are considered live bait. So that means you need to have 90% float fishing skill or 85% bottom fishing skill to use them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thunderstick said:

where do i buy shovel dont have one in inventory?

At the repair shop, click on the second tab.

6 minutes ago, hawker764 said:

I finally got to level 45 in harvesting baits, I bought the scoop and I have started to grind away on algea and bloodworms.  But after 12 bloodworms and 2 algea, i have only received 0.1% towards harvesting baits.  Did I make a mistake here?  I thought performing actions at the highest level of the skill was the easiest/fastest way to get points in that skill?  I don't need any more cottage cheese balls :( 

Welcome to World of Diggers :D

From 45% to 50% i filled Old Burg with holes 

1 hour ago, JunkyJuke said:

Welcome to World of Diggers :D

From 45% to 50% i filled Old Burg with holes 

That's what I was hoping to avoid...  :S

21 hours ago, Marcoz said:

Ok...now I'm super angry...repair cost, fish migration, out of stock....I can understand, I complain but I accept....but this I don't accept.

My latest available bait harvest is cottage cheese. I bought 15pcs of cheese, sugar, flour and milk. I spent over 50silver for that. 

And what do I get in exchange ?? increase in my sklill of....0.6% !!!!!! 0.6% ?????? Are you kidding me ? 4 out of 15 tries gave me xp increase ( 2x0.2% and 2x0.1% ) So to get 5% I need to spend 400silver ? Do you think it's funny ? You're making everything you can to keep us standing in one place instead of progressing. Getting 0.6% for 50 silver is like slap in the face....>:(

Marcoz, 50 silver is not really that much to spend on crafting. The reason that it only gives you a small amount increase is you should not be able to get to 100% in a flash, The game is not yet close to completion so there maybe more to come that will help advance your skills.

I spent much more than even 400 silver to get my lure crafting up you just need to keep working at it a little at a time and digging with the shovel adds to that skill as well and cost only the shovel and time!