LadyofGames

Groundbait Q&A

You will need to add some skill points in bait crafting so that you will not fail as often. The more skill % you have in this area, the less you will fail and the better quality groundbait you will create.

7 hours ago, blute2 said:

hmm i dont think its that .where do i had these points  its all ways fail same thing happen again 4 times in a row fail 25 coins lost mite not be a lot but over time it is my tree https://ibb.co/dZvMqm

Blute, The 5 points you have invested in ground bait will increase the Quality of the final result, but will not make you noticeably more likely to succeed. An increased chance of success come as your skill percentage rises via successful completion of the bait creation. I see by your photo that you are at 35% you should begin to see greater success rates. Also you can make bait balls using just a base, it will gain you 0.1 skill increase and save you a lot of coins.

18 minutes ago, blute2 said:

thx for reply but 

Spoiler

if i only use 1 base bait this happens no skill increase

https://streamable.com/fti7j

it started after i reset my skill tree

Yeah, at 35% it will do you no good. I should have clarified that I was speaking of beginning bait crafting.

On 26-10-2017 at 10:56 AM, bugs80 said:

Thanks lady able to get fish now but still some times bells wont ring even fish is hooked but getting more fish by using ground bait than not using it

Groundbait, if made correctly, will attract more fish. Whether you can catch more, depends on your angling skills ;) 

31 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

Is character "energy" only thing which can affect how far we can throw ground bait? I'm kinda bumped how close those balls are landing ;/

No. It also matters where you character looks. If you just look down, you'll not be able to cast as far as when you're looking up and towards the sky. 

46 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

Any ideas on how much ground bait per spot is enough and if it's possible to overfeed fish so it won't be taking your bait (is it even possible)???

You should start with 8 to 10 at first and about half-way through the time your bait balls are going to dissolve, at that point you should add 2 to 5 more in that same area. Yes it is possible to overfeed the fish.

9 hours ago, jmf said:

Can someone at RF4 please explain the types of fishing? Like what is groundbait, what is feeder fishing etc. In the Southern Hemisphere, you wouldn't be seen dead using a float unless it's for kids, catching live bait or using really really big baits (think of 500g+ fish as bait). In Australia for instance, there is not really anything like "feeder" fishing. Most people use a rod and reel with a sinker or a spinner setup. That's about it.

Also, for the life of me, I cannot work at what line goes with what reel and rod. Again most rods and Reels in Australia will tell you the range of line it can handle i.e 3-6kg. Is this possible to implement in RF4?

Greetings JMF

You can find all the information about groundbait, feeder fishing and so forth in the User Guide: rf4game.com/userguide/ and on the forums here. 
As for the line, please check the Load Capacity of the Rod, the Max Drag of the Reel and the Load Capacity of the Line. Make sure that the number of the rod is the highest, the number on the reel is the second highest and the number of the line the lowest. For float and bottom fishing, use mono or fluoro, for spin fishing use braid.

3 hours ago, alecolos92 said:

Anyone can suggest me a mix to put in my mesh feeder to decently attract tench even if it's not the tench mix? because i don't have tench ingredients unlocked yet

crackers - corn - sunflowewr oil which can be bought in the Tackle store for ground bait & can be crafted from the beginning.

6 minutes ago, cns180784 said:

Another question, this one on groundbait. When you successfully make groundbait, where it has duration does this refer to how long the groundbait lasts for in the water? or is it how long you to use it before its no good? cheers.

Hi cns180784, The duration refers to how long it lasts in the water, it does not have an expiration time in your backpack

7 hours ago, blute2 said:

making groundbait
each upgrade increases the quality of groundnait.. hmm why do i get bad carp mix..look at the  quality of the portions..mixing a groundbait as got all 5 skill

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

Reveal hidden contents

2.png

Reveal hidden contents

3.png

The patch of today should fix that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RockMic said:

I wanted to know the duration parameter, what exactly is it about.

Hey RockMic,

it tells you the duration of your groundbait. For example, when you have a 12h groundbait and put it into a mesh feeder, it will stay there for 12h, after this time the effect of the groundbait is going to disappear. Same when you throw it in.

1 minute ago, fastd said:

Question on groundbait %. 

Spoiler

I have just hit the 60% crafting on groundbaits and this opened new items. But these are for crafting ground baits at 80%. A new set off ingredients opens at 70% but am I supposed to keep crafting tench  mix to get from 60% to get 70% ? ... I already have 130  x 10 balls of this!! And the new ingredients at 70% are for Barbel mix...it seems the ingredients for the ide mix dont open up until 80%

I have found that crafting the lower skill groundbaits does not seem to give any increase in % . i.e. The roach mix. Is this the case as the roach mix is far cheeper to make and  I really do not want any more tenchmix.

Hello Fastd,

Premade groundbaits on crafting window are there to help players with crafting specific groundbait. You can mix different components to create ready-made groundbait that will have similar or even better effect of attracting fish, that way you can use components that you unlocked at 60% to get skill % increase. 

When making ready-made groundbait you don't need to fill all 7 spots. Just add 1 base, 1 additive and 1 attractant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CycleDave said:

What's the best way to level Ground baiting up? Keep on making it?

Hello CycleDave,

Yes you need to keep on making it, there is no other way to level it up. 

2 minutes ago, atc86 said:

I'm trying to make the 2nd ground bait for the carp. How can I find /craft the millet porridge? Also when I select additive it says nothing in my back pack although I have 4 sunflower oil when I check my inventory.

Hello act86,

All groundbait components are bought in tackle shop in "Groundbait" tab. There you will find bases, additives and attractants. 

Just now, jimgem said:

Iv'e spent hundreds of silver over the last few days making groundbaits to get me to over 50% and had a ton of carp/crucian-Gibel/tench/white bream/bream and now it's all gone.I decided to get my crafting up instead of buying some new gear and now all that silver has been wasted as i have lost hundreds of groundabait..Thank you ...

5 hours ago, sirfishalot said:

I don't like any mechanic that causes expense to go up and return to stay static as in fail to make groundbait?

Spoiler

How can you fail did it magically turn in to concrete? and to not get any level up exp is just as bad. I cannot even make the next groundbait or bait . I need to use pearl barley and that is a gold item so that is my bait making skills ended right there

1 hour ago, Klawdette said:

You can just use  base crackers in the custom groundbait to gain skill, no additives, or attractants.

Spoiler

So far, it has yielded .2 gain every successful craft, and I am now just over 15%.  I know you guys are much deeper into it than I am, but what I am trying to illustrate is an alternative to the expensive recipes.  I did the same with baitcrafting where I just used the shovel and scoop to level.  In other words, I only made bait from recipes when I needed it and not to intentionally gain skill points.  Just something to consider if you have not already.  I am pretty certain the automatic gains from the crackers will end and it will become periodic, and I don't know at which point it will stop giving skill completely, if ever, but if the recipes are the same poor gains then at least you are saving on materials.  I am hoping it's the same as bait crafting where making bread dough still skills me at 60% once in a while, but it's very very infrequent at that point.

I agree that the skill gains should be more consistent on higher level recipes, but just offering you a suggestion of an alternative method until, or if, they address this issue specifically.

Sirfishalot, perhaps you are looking at the pearl barley in the bait section, and not the groundbait section?

16 minutes ago, Bellyrubs said:

Wouldn't matter either way. The grocery pearl barley is available for 1.46 silver too :D

Hello Sirfishalot, Klawdette and Bellyrubs,

For groundbait you use pearl barley that is bought at tackle shop in groundbait section. As for bait crafting you use pearl barley that is bought in grocery store.

5 hours ago, jmf said:

Since the update, I can only add 1 base instead of 2 whilst making groundbait

Moved to correct topic.
This isn't a bug. We adjusted the making and working of groundbaits a bit. Please read the patch notes for further info.

Anyone doing groundbait for salmonids experiments so far? I know cheese, anice oil and garlic are used as attractant for trout fishing. What's your experience with groundbait for trout, char and so on?

Why is it that when you look at how many ingredients you have, let's say for Fly Maggots,  you only have one more lot?

But when I click on the X (see image), and go back to select that ingredient, it shows more?

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180121_112748.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180121_112931.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180121_113143.png

13 minutes ago, CycleDave said:

Why is it that when you look at how many ingredients you have, let's say for Fly Maggots,  you only have one more lot?

But when I click on the X (see image), and go back to select that ingredient, it shows more?

Because it's automatic the selection of ingredients for known recipes (Like Carp), no need to select.

If you go to the "Groundbait", the first choice, you can see all ingredients and choose any of them.

25 minutes ago, CycleDave said:

Why does the tench mix attract everything but tench?

Because there is no trench around? :| 

The game advises me to stay quiet otherwise the big fish are getting away. Does that mean I cant run or craft or use the shovel for worms while I wait fore the fish to bite ?

1 minute ago, Yllian said:

The game advises me to stay quiet otherwise the big fish are getting away. Does that mean I cant run or craft or use the shovel for worms while I wait fore the fish to bite ?

Yllian, just try not to splash in the waters edge as you can scare the fish but as for other crafting or digging you are fine.

Hello , been experimenting with ground baits and when you trow the balls in shallow water they dissapear in a matter of secondes.  How can This lure fish in the spot ?