LadyofGames

Groundbait Q&A

Posted (edited)

Hi,

here is my experience with Groundbait. It is easy to skill up  until around 35%, take Groundcrackers only and go for it (i only realized that when i allready was far in the 20s). Im desperate to get to 40 to get Peas unlocked for Carp Groundbait. From that Point on i found it near impossible to increase further.

I wasted now roundabout 80 Bucks, (tried different things: only Mixture, 3 of the highest Star Ingredients available to me  etc...) now i am at 36,5. Thats a lot of "stupid" GBs you dont need or even put to use.  To say that this is a big dissapointment for me would be an Euphemism.

Im starting to ask myself if there is really a Point in making GB  -  if i wouldnt,  i would have better Equipment by now.

On  a side note Harvesting Baits is also hard to level up. You end up with Hundreds of Baits that you´ll never get to use all.

Edited by BarbaPapa
Edit: I have skilled making GB to 5 (max.)

1 hour ago, BarbaPapa said:

Hi,

here is my experience with Groundbait. It is easy to skill up  until around 35%, take Groundcrackers only and go for it (i only realized that when i allready was far in the 20s). Im desperate to get to 40 to get Peas unlocked for Carp Groundbait. From that Point on i found it near impossible to increase further.

I wasted now roundabout 80 Bucks, (tried different things: only Mixture, 3 of the highest Star Ingredients available to me  etc...) now i am at 36,5. Thats a lot of "stupid" GBs you dont need or even put to use.  To say that this is a big dissapointment for me would be an Euphemism.

Im starting to ask myself if there is really a Point in making GB  -  if i wouldnt,  i would have better Equipment by now.

On  a side note Harvesting Baits is also hard to level up. You end up with Hundreds of Baits that you´ll never get to use all.

Hi BarbaPapa

Try making the latest discover groundbait for example Carp mix - you not wasting any silver because you will use it in the future, once you discover next one keep making it, this is how you level groundbait up and not wasting a silver because you are using groundbait when fishing. Take your time and do it a bit day by day. Please remember that levelling skills up especially higher levels will take time but once done is very satisfying and results are great. It is like in real life you won't become expert fisherman in 1 day or become expert in mixing groundbait in 1 week -  it does take time.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Levo said:

Hi BarbaPapa

Try making the latest discover groundbait for example Carp mix

Levo

Thats what i wish i could do. But you need 40 to be able to use Pea. And THATS why i try to push it to 40.  And crafting the latest available GB, in this Case Bream, dont give Points anymore, or at least very slow if at all.

I wanna try Carp  Fishing at Mosquito Lake because im tired of Crucians there or Breams at Old Burg, the Carps at Old Burg are to  stong for my Equipment. I tried it, not sure if it was a Carp but pulled of all my line and escaped.

Think i might take a little Break as well :-).

Why have I stopped getting points in GB ? I keep mixing them up and making different mixes. I'm also just using the highest base to max my GB skill up but nothing seems to be working any more?

5 hours ago, CycleDave said:

Why have I stopped getting points in GB ? I keep mixing them up and making different mixes. I'm also just using the highest base to max my GB skill up but nothing seems to be working any more?

Same here...

Trying to get from 45 to 50

I managed to increase skill by 0.4% in about 40 tries.....and that's with premium....that's just stupid and annoying.

• Like 1

I found that if you make the latest one that you can make in the skill tree - it helps and at some point i got stuck and started to make the top one where you can mix your own

ingredients and that also made skill % go faster.

4 hours ago, Marcoz said:

Same here...

I managed to increase skill by 0.4% in about 40 tries.....and that's with premium....that's just stupid and annoying.

Its diminishing returns for skill points. @40-50% is where it starts to be a challenge and requires a good investment of silver to continue if you want to skill up quickly. Using just the plain base (most recently unlocked 2) will get decent results. If you got skillpoints often at the higher levels it wouldnt be much of an accomplishment to get to 100%.

Leveled today during my reels where repairing Groundbait from 75% to 90% to Unlock Flaxseed.

Maybe someone is intrested in those numbers, but remember it is RNG and this is just 1 sample.

75-80% with Sunflower Seeds worth 265 Silver (~160 tries)

80-85% with Wheatbran worth 345 silver (~185 tries)

85-90% with Wheatbran worth 650 silver (~350 tries)

Crafting was done with Premium and I neither felt really lucky noa unlucky.

Have a nice Sunday

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes.

I had no usage for the bases I had to use, so I just crafted them alone.

Just make sure that you always use something from the latest unlocked level.

At 85% you could for instance also go for a combination of Ground Crackers + Linseed Oil (together 3,25 but has a slightly higher chance than Wheatbran from 85-90 due it being unlocked later)

Also make sure to empty you inventory from prior selfmade Groundbaits because they get shuffled all over the place then (put them in the cottage pond shack). 

This makes Discarding the newly crafted Groundbait way easier.

Edited by Setup
  • Like 4

On 08.07.2018 at 12:55 PM, Setup said:

Leveled today during my reels where repairing Groundbait from 75% to 90% to Unlock Flaxseed.

Maybe someone is intrested in those numbers, but remember it is RNG and this is just 1 sample.

75-80% with Sunflower Seeds worth 265 Silver (~160 tries)

80-85% with Wheatbran worth 345 silver (~185 tries)

85-90% with Wheatbran worth 650 silver (~350 tries)

Crafting was done with Premium and I neither felt really lucky noa unlucky.

Have a nice Sunday

love your post, again.

to 50-75% what i should do ? ty 

When you buy cornflour  in the shop at mosquito it has no purpose in the game! You can not use it to make tench mix despite the description saying great for making baits and it does not appear as an edible item when you press T. I cant find a use for it in game and would like a refund.

On the subject of tench mix...you can not buy the ingredients untill you get to volkov as they are always out of stock. That is why i bought the stuff from the shop at mosquito but that did not work. That makes the best groundbait  at old berg unattainable untill you can buy the ingredients at volkov.

Cheers

Dave

22 minutes ago, fastd said:

When you buy cornflour  in the shop at mosquito it has no purpose in the game! You can not use it to make tench mix despite the description saying great for making baits and it does not appear as an edible item when you press T. I cant find a use for it in game and would like a refund.

On the subject of tench mix...you can not buy the ingredients untill you get to volkov as they are always out of stock. That is why i bought the stuff from the shop at mosquito but that did not work. That makes the best groundbait  at old berg unattainable untill you can buy the ingredients at volkov.

Cheers

Dave

@fastd The cornflour in the grocery is used for making polenta, a cornmeal based bait. It is not used for ground baits.

17 hours ago, fastd said:

Cheers

Dave

I have gotten 6 Tench trophies on basic gb base, Fly Maggots, Corn, and Vanilla attractant in a week of casual fishing. No doubt Tench mix is better but it is not required. Regardless, yes, stock is a problem and needs to be addressed.

Posted (edited)
On 7.07.2018 at 11:18 PM, Marcoz said:

Same here...

I have that same problem.

when i doing groundbaits about 50 balls, i got 0.4% completely. silver issued over 600. from what I know, not only I have this problem. because I asked in the chat in the game and a dozen people said that he has a problem alone. i write message to support  and nothing, they stated that everything is ok and it depends on the time in which I am doing it. what time ???. Once there was no dependence on what time. the strangest thing is that I was crafting together with a fellow mate, he gets 0.2% each time. and I for 10 balls 0.1%. so he's now over 80% and I'm still 64. I also have a premium account.

Edited by k2swirus

the question is if I use GB on my fishing spot and for a moment lose the connection to the server when I return then I will lose the effect?

19 minutes ago, brian80 said:

the question is if I use GB on my fishing spot and for a moment lose the connection to the server when I return then I will lose the effect?

Hi brian80

No, when you used GB on the spot even when you change the map or got disconnected the GB effect will stay on that spot.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello!  I’m about to unlock PVA sticks, and have a couple of questions in regards to groundbait + PVA:

1.) Should we be utilizing both at the same time (on the same rig), or does the PVA stick effectively replace normal groundbait usage?

2.) If using both together, would duplicating ingredients create a stronger affect?  Or is it better to utilize the additional slots for additional flavors instead?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 19/08/2018 at 3:50 AM, Fig Ripley said:

Hello!  I’m about to unlock PVA sticks, and have a couple of questions in regards to groundbait + PVA:

1.) Should we be utilizing both at the same time (on the same rig), or does the PVA stick effectively replace normal groundbait usage?

2.) If using both together, would duplicating ingredients create a stronger affect?  Or is it better to utilize the additional slots for additional flavors instead?

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Fig Ripley

1. Using PVA sticks as extra will definitely give you a better chance for a bite. If you can I would use both GB + PVA. 

2. Using both PVA + GB with the same ingredients will create a stronger effect, but it might be better to use PVA with different ingredients as extra flavours - you need to test it out and see what is working better for you :).

I hope I helped a bit

Regards

Levo

• Thanks 1

On 31/05/2018 at 12:40, Elwoodiath2 said:

Como sugestão, dar cevada de pérola gratuita a novos jogadores no Lago Mosquito é muito divertido. Eles adoram, e você tira isso do seu inventário depois de triturá-lo. Se você tem premium time, é uma maneira divertida de dar um pouco de volta para a comunidade.:)

If you can give it to me, I thank you, because I am without any.
My nickname in the game is: SepaEuPego

On 31/05/2018 at 13:50, DaffyPwnz said:

Já fiz isso, entrei no stream do Levo e do Spasma e ofereci lá, mas também vou acessar novatos e dar para eles .... obrigado pela idéia

PS eu amo este jogo haha

If you can give it to me, I thank you, because I am without any.
My nickname in the game is: SepaEuPego