RF4mod

Farming silver

im lvl 11 now.. ive thrown 2 fish back i think total. lol. so my 'way to get silver' has been to keep *everything*! even so i still am grinding silver for my next item. what ive managed to buy so far is 2 of the basic feeder poles, 2 basic reels and leaders, a shovel and a fish net. saving up for the 100 silver lacerti reel atm. have about 50 silver at present time. this is with having premium if your curious. silver has been a bit rough to me. i still stay on mosquito lake, as i dont beleive the setup im using can handle anything more than what im already catching now, so no point to leave till i get an 'upgraded' rig. also i know where to fish on this lake now so i wont be wasting my time so to speak. the other thing is i do not make any ground baits, i dont make any drinks, and i rarely ever buy any bread. i *still* get the free worms and use them from the first lake each day, and i use as sasquatch likes to call, the 'goulash truck' for my daily food. i use the cheapest hooks. i just been going pure cheap as best i can to conserve for gear. i also learned my lesson with bigger hooks and went back to smaller ones due to losing tirn lines and having to replace things. i also exit my game when i get snags so i dont have to pay for a new setup. im done risking things. it means i have to walk back again from the start, but that doesnt cost me anything but some time. repairs are a necessary evil. dont like it, but its how it is.

btw just to note.. i broke *tons* of lines when i first played. took a while to learn what not to use.

eventually you will need to spend money to make money. The bigger fish (more valuable fish) require expensive hooks to land. You might need to have the best rod and reel right away but you definitely will need a quality hook or else you will lose fish during fights.

Old Burg Lake is my best silver farming place so far. There are many easy orders rolling out every few hours. Crucian/prussian, roach, perch and other small/medium sized fish are easy to find and catch, plus occasional low weight common carp, burbot and trench. I find the other waterways more "fun" oriented because they require specialized and expensive equipment like high quality spinning gear or very heavy feeder and are a lot more risky (i.e. I recently lost a 300+ silver tackle thanks to a train-like catfish in volkhov River) . So when I need serious bucks I grab my ticket for Old Burg Lake, when I want to enjoy the fishing and the exploration every place is good.

PS: for low level players, Mosquito Lake can be very efficient for silver farming, just avoid those 1.5kg+ common carps on maggots and corn. Always use weak line on your telescopic to not break the rod.

2 minutes ago, MarshallMaz said:

Morning all , not sure where to ask this. Is there somewhere via website that I can see the interface that shows you how many silver you can convert from gold. I am at work and can't go into the game to see. I bought some gold and want to check how many silver I can get from it. Or if a kind soul can post the screenshot of that in-game machine that shows the conversions I will be grateful. Or if it is already here somewhere point me to it.

Thank you

Hello MarshallMaz,

Gold conversion to silver is: 0.49 gold = 50 silver,  0.99 gold = 100 silver, 2.95 gold = 300 silver, 9.70 gold = 1000 silver, 45.50 gold = 5000 silver.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gytautelis said:

Hello MarshallMaz,

Gold conversion to silver is: 0.49 gold = 50 silver,  0.99 gold = 100 silver, 2.95 gold = 300 silver, 9.70 gold = 1000 silver, 45.50 gold = 5000 silver.

Thank you , appreciate it.
Wow I made a bit of a mistake and are gonna have a lot of silver I see hehehehe.

EDIT: Another question , one can only convert gold to silver, one can't convert gold to premium yes ? Premium is only sold separately ?

Edited by MarshallMaz

1 hour ago, MarshallMaz said:

Thank you , appreciate it.
Wow I made a bit of a mistake and are gonna have a lot of silver I see hehehehe.

EDIT: Another question , one can only convert gold to silver, one can't convert gold to premium yes ? Premium is only sold separately ?

Hi Marshall, 

premium is only sold separately iirc. So yes you can either purchase things directly with gold (which I typically do as it seems to work out slightly cheaper in my opinion) or convert it to silver.

10 minutes ago, Oroles said:

Hello.

Guess i picked the bad straw. I invested all my points into spinning, i am lvl 16 now and progress is almost imposible. Spin fishing are so low xp / silver - repairs are way too expensive and with the silver i make i must buy the new lines... cant get any good equipment. Can you please balance this ? Or what i am doing wrong ? Spin fishing is on lvl 3 lake and Kuori where i need better equipment.

Hello @Oroles,

Spinning is indeed the "hard way to start" because you can use 1 rod at time on the ground, more on the boat. I suggest you to start using 2 float setups or 2 feeder setups at same time. 

If you are getting high maintenance cost, you are probably using a small setup and getting big fish, causing too much wear. Try to use smaller lures to get smaller fish and use 2 other rod setups to help get more fish too, use the cheap line for now until you can afford bigger setup. You can also reset your skill points 1 time for free if you want to focus another type of fishing technique.

Also, send a screenshot of your setup, it will help people suggest things to do.

Ok here is the setup i use :

1. Spin 

Spoiler

Russian Fishing 4 1_7_2018 12_16_47 PM.png

2. Feeder

Spoiler

Russian Fishing 4 1_7_2018 12_17_02 PM.png

3. Float / bolognese

Spoiler

Russian Fishing 4 1_7_2018 12_17_20 PM.png

4. and skills

Spoiler

Russian Fishing 4 1_7_2018 12_17_28 PM.png

Spoiler

Russian Fishing 4 1_7_2018 12_17_40 PM.png

44 minutes ago, Oroles said:

Ok here is the setup i use :

From what I can see, all you have is unbalanced (some dangerous like spinning, 6kg leader will brake all your setup) or not optimized setup for reel use.

With reel, you can use a little bigger line/rod than reel max drag (that way you can max you reel brake to 29 without getting to red bar or at the start of red bar - that's the optimal but not always needed and could be dangerous if using too big line size, I normally use around 16-25 the brake setting for less wear). You use 5.5/6kg reel, I suggest to use 30-50% higher rod/line for cheap reels (around 7-9kg) and if possible buy the middle line size (350 or 450m, so you can get bigger fish without getting out of line easily and get bonus of less wear of bigger line size). Better buy a bigger test rod first, later a bigger line (little smaller test than your rod).

For your skills, I suggest start putting some on the feeder or float (try to focus on one first), start with the one that gives control of the fish, it make easier to land a fish, so less wear, less trouble.

30 minutes ago, Oroles said:

Thank you for your answer. So let me see if i understood. I need to find a way now to get another rod. I see next one costs me about 400 silver. I cant get enough for repairs but i must gather 400...

2nd thing is that i dont know why you say a 6kg leader will brake my setup. After a hard fight 15 - 20 minutes RL time, i managed to get out a 7.9kg catfish worth 900xp :(( Cant remeber how much silver was worth , anyway was a white one. Maybe i dont undestand very well the mechanic of the game. My rod was 5.5kg / my line was 5.4kg , reel was 6kg. So i thought at that time that in worst case scenario the line will break (not rod / not reel)

Hello @Oroles,

If you are having too much repair cost, you should try to catch smaller fish with other types of lures/baits, you will not wear that much and still make more money. Use cheap lures/hooks/lines until you can afford bigger gear.

Your reel is 6kg and your Leader is 6kg, your reel has wear, so it's less than 6kg, if you get a big fish, lose all the line on the spool, you potentially can break rod or reel or both.

What you need for the 6kg reel is (example): max 9kg rod, 8.5 line, 8kg leader leader, 6 reel. You can assemble a little less then max to be safe for that reel.

Go for bream and roach on mosquito lake while doing some spinning on the side. Great way to get bites all day, level skills, and get 100s a day.

The Pier at Volkhov is the way I make most of my money nowdays. My target fish is Bream, Ide, Roach, Burbot, Catfish and big Perch all caught on feeder and match rods (two feeders + one match). That spot is comfortable and rich of fish, expecially when the weather is rainy or cloudy. Also it is close to the cafe' so I can constantly check for the orders for extra bucks. If you know what you're doing, you can make a lot of money there. 

• Like 1

my best way to farming silver :

HONEY DOUGHT HONEY DOUGHT and........ HONEY DOUGHT :)

(5 real hours)

Spoiler

1450 keepnet.png

• Like 2

I have been making good silver at kuori. As a general tip, if you are fishing your normal spots and the fish arent biting, try a new spot or a different fishing method to catch what IS biting. Some small fish is better than no fish at all!

Farming silver is one thing..

But how do we farm gold?
Im looking at so many baits now all require gold, but i have yet to find out how to make gold ingame.

I know i can buy it but thats easy mode (p2w)

3 minutes ago, Sshadow said:

Farming silver is one thing..

But how do we farm gold?
Im looking at so many baits now all require gold, but i have yet to find out how to make gold ingame.

I know i can buy it but thats easy mode (p2w)

For one you don't farm gold in game you have to be purchase it and the baits that you see for gold you can harvest or crafted in game.

• Thanks 1