RF4mod

Live and Baitfish

1) you only try 2 types of baitfish out of 8. Do you try 10 out of 100 spoons and then say spoons are broken. Larger baitfish (Perch and Carp) have lower bite rate than the others.

2) What was the weather like at each lake you tried during the test. I have gone to kuori at same spot and caught nonstop char then burbot all night long on multiple occasions. I have also seen Asp caught nonstop if you are in the right spot and weather at sura, and using the correct baitfish (bleak, gudgeon, ruffe)

3)Kp already been proven wrong by lots of people being successful with baitfish. The people that reported it doesnt work are expecting it to work despite all the other factors involved in catching fish. Baitfish is not an exception to weather/spot/correct type of bait.

when i tried at kuori, others ppl with feeder+NC non stop caught burbot, me with frog, wich is the best biterate live bait for burbot, nothing, time was really good for burbots.

here the result in Volkhov with frogs

fish time :  6h30

bait : frog

fish caught : 27 catifsh up to 28kg, 57 burbot, 1 vimba trophy that cost 50 silver, rest is little fishs

Spoiler

Ashampoo_Snap_2018.08.08_22h30m34s_006_.png

2 hours ago, chey said:

when i tried at kuori, others ppl with feeder+NC non stop caught burbot, me with frog, wich is the best biterate live bait for burbot, nothing, time was really good for burbots.

fish caught : 27 catifsh up to 28kg, 57 burbot, 1 vimba trophy that cost 50 silver, rest is little fishs

Spoiler

You are assuming alot, you are assuming that right now frogs are the preferred live bait for burbot at kuori. In my experience it changes often. At one time it was ruffe, sometimes its frogs, and sometimes they wont touch frogs and its something else. Just like how sometimes fish piece is best and sometimes NC is.  I am at kuori now and just saw someone catch 2 trophy burbot in 10 minutes on ruffe, he was also catching more burbot than the other 12 people at the spot. It also seems like you are assuming the spots and baits preferred are set in stone, and you can always go back and do the same thing with the same results. In my experience this is far from reality in rf4

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chey said:

Reveal hidden contents

I went to kuori today with 3 dead Perch, around 800 silver in 2h... trophy char and trophy burbot.

Posted (edited)

i go test again kuori with perch i'm sure i will dont get anything in the 15m hole :)

Edited by chey
edit

47 minutes ago, Pindobinha said:

I went to kuori today with 3 dead Perch, around 800 silver in 2h... trophy char and trophy burbot.

can you post screen of your rod setup i think it can be usefull for lot of players that try to use live bait at kuori

thx

1 hour ago, chey said:

can you post screen of your rod setup i think it can be usefull for lot of players that try to use live bait at kuori

thx

Large 1 hook, 45kg steel leader, I was trying pikes on deep holes, was cold those days.

Decided to kill some baitfish at Volk but I went for pike. Had a few perch and white bream and 2 ruffe. 2 9kg+ pike in an hour (both just short of trophy)  and quite a few other keepers. Throwing at the grass/bank from the pier in town. Some of those in the first net were off topwater and not baitfish while I was bream fishin. Turned out pretty well tho, for 1 hour with some spare baitfish. (no tryhard)

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180810_040640.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180810_042818.png

• Like 2

On 8/7/2018 at 4:45 AM, xgagalx said:

So I feel like the only thing that needs to be tweaked a bit is the size of the fish that can actually go for a baitfish.

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10473_20180807_013922.png

^^ I',m with this guy. 

i got a 56g perch with a 77g roach live bait. I got 3 points on this skill and i needed all 3 to land this perch.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180812_091114.png

• Haha 1

On 08/08/2018 at 6:58 PM, chey said:

thx

Just caught that casting from the quay, 90%, had to chase it.

Spoiler

kuori.png.b40f3595513b56dba3dfae71f2d1c0bb.pngsetup.thumb.png.334ef046e0ff76b59a3179181e473b60.png

• Like 2

On 8/15/2018 at 2:52 PM, Pindobinha said:

Just caught that casting from the quay, 90%, had to chase it.

Reveal hidden contents

kuori.png.b40f3595513b56dba3dfae71f2d1c0bb.pngsetup.thumb.png.334ef046e0ff76b59a3179181e473b60.png

Nice!  Quick question though:  why is your leader so much larger than your line?

10 hours ago, Fig Ripley said:

Nice!  Quick question though:  why is your leader so much larger than your line?

My thought when using steel is that I don't want that the fish bite and cut my line... So, use the biggest that I can to prevent it. If I get spooled, the line will break first and my equipment will be safe.