Sign in to follow this  
RF4mod

Wobblers

Share your knowledge, experience and technique with fellow anglers.  

my  funky minnow are at 20% wear does it loose 20% attraction when i use it to get a trophy for ex or that does not matter.in the game ? 

16 hours ago, Eagle1 said:

my  funky minnow are at 20% wear does it loose 20% attraction when i use it to get a trophy for ex or that does not matter.in the game ? 

Egale1, 20% wear does not mean 20% loss of attraction but there will be some loss as for how much i do not know that right now i will try to find a better answer to that question.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CycleDave said:

One of my minnows is at 33.6% wear. Still catching fish like it was new :)

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9342_20180305_094515.png

good to know , thanks

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hey guys I finally unlocked wobblers and seeing how purple s15 has been great for kuori char. I got one, and a green one. 

Im curious.. haven’t had to much luck on them and much more luck on my hunters while trolling. Do you guys troll with wobblers, and if so when seems to be a good time to use them? Rain, sun, cloudy etc. 

I really want to catch some big fish in kuori especially a big kuori char. My best is only a 4.4kg. 

Oh also how to wobblers S15 Minnow thing work exactly? Do I let it sink and then troll at specific depth and it will troll at that depth? I’m finding it strange that I don’t get any hits at all while trolling but once I stop boat I’ll get strikes on them like 5 seconds later. Why is this?

Edited by Enzo Matrix

On 3/8/2018 at 2:30 PM, Enzo Matrix said:
Spoiler

Hey guys I finally unlocked wobblers and seeing how purple s15 has been great for kuori char. I got one, and a green one. 

Im curious.. haven’t had to much luck on them and much more luck on my hunters while trolling. Do you guys troll with wobblers, and if so when seems to be a good time to use them? Rain, sun, cloudy etc. 

I really want to catch some big fish in kuori especially a big kuori char. My best is only a 4.4kg. 

Oh also how to wobblers S15 Minnow thing work exactly? Do I let it sink and then troll at specific depth and it will troll at that depth? I’m finding it strange that I don’t get any hits at all while trolling but once I stop boat I’ll get strikes on them like 5 seconds later. Why is this?

The fish are hitting it while it sinks, I usually don't troll wobblers but a troll and stop cycle can be a killer for fish taking it on the drop /sink when you stop the boat. I troll until the line goes taunt do a long 10 count then cut power and let it sink until it touches bottom, repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kache said:

The fish are hitting it while it sinks, I usually don't troll wobblers but a troll and stop cycle can be a killer for fish taking it on the drop /sink when you stop the boat. I troll until the line goes taunt do a long 10 count then cut power and let it sink until it touches bottom, repeat.

Cool I was a bit confused from a YouTube video saying the s11/15 wobblers would just stay on bottom if I let it sink. But as I troll they do come back up right? I seen the biggest records were by wobblers so I’m trying to master their technique lol

On 3/13/2018 at 5:11 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Cool I was a bit confused from a YouTube video saying the s11/15 wobblers would just stay on bottom if I let it sink. But as I troll they do come back up right? I seen the biggest records were by wobblers so I’m trying to master their technique lol

It's a very simple technique. Just troll, stop for like 5-10 seconds, troll again. The weather conditions are crucial for good fishing in general. I have had my best luck when  the weather is in single digits (below 10 degrees C) and cloudy or partly cloudy. I just unlocked wobblers so i'm expecting to catch some significantly bigger fish now. My hunters have been doing me good though. My biggest fish being a 7 kg kuori char.

31 minutes ago, Nawrly17 said:

It's a very simple technique. Just troll, stop for like 5-10 seconds, troll again. The weather conditions are crucial for good fishing in general. I have had my best luck when  the weather is in single digits (below 10 degrees C) and cloudy or partly cloudy. I just unlocked wobblers so i'm expecting to catch some significantly bigger fish now. My hunters have been doing me good though. My biggest fish being a 7 kg kuori char.

Oh, I forgot to ask the question I came into this forum for lol.

What do I need to do for a solid twitching retrieve? Time between twitches, reel speed, etc. ?

44 minutes ago, Nawrly17 said:

Oh, I forgot to ask the question I came into this forum for lol.

What do I need to do for a solid twitching retrieve? Time between twitches, reel speed, etc. ?

you need the correct rod, the stats should be short, fast, and stiff. the time between twitches depends on the reel. experimenting with the time between twitches is recommended

• Thanks 2

I've been spinning fishing for around 20 years and I have never seen lip wobblers to sink on their own especially if it 1-2m depth version. Can you guys stop making inaccurate lures which don't make sense both from engineering and fishing point of view... pretty please? :ph34r: 

Ps. I have 15cm 1.5m wobbler in my collection and the last thing it does is sinking.... because of buoyancy. Lip wobblers DO NOT sink ;) 

13 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

I've been spinning fishing for around 20 years and I have never seen lip wobblers to sink on their own especially if it 1-2m depth version. Can you guys stop making inaccurate lures which don't make sense both from engineering and fishing point of view... pretty please? :ph34r: 

Ps. I have 15cm 1.5m wobbler in my collection and the last thing it does is sinking.... because of buoyancy. Lip wobblers DO NOT sink ;) 

Hey Jinxter,

as you probably can see we have multiple wobblers / crankbaits of the "same" type in the store. Let's take the funky minnow as an example: There is a F7 and a S7, the F7 is a floating type, since it's designed to float it most of the times dives a bit shallower and is lighter, because of the material used in it, the S7 on the other side is a sinking type, it's mostly a bit heavier than there floating counterpart and is going to sink after hitting the water, without being retrieved or something else. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, m3dic said:

Hey Jinxter,

as you probably can see we have multiple wobblers / crankbaits of the "same" type in the store. Let's take the funky minnow as an example: There is a F7 and a S7, the F7 is a floating type, since it's designed to float it most of the times dives a bit shallower and is lighter, because of the material used in it, the S7 on the other side is a sinking type, it's mostly a bit heavier than there floating counterpart and is going to sink after hitting the water, without being retrieved or something else. 

Cool but there is no such thing as shallow wobblers with a lip which also sink on their own because this type of lure is fundamentally broken and just dumb from an engineering point of view. 
Take for example Funky Minnow S15 which dives to around 1.5m.
What is the point of making it sink on its own if it's relatively shallow lure which already dives to 1.5m thanks to its lip?
There is none because if you were using this kind of lure in real life it would be useless because the weight would pull it to the bottom and then lip would cause it to dig into the bottom. It's useless in real life and it's useless in the game.
Lip is there for a reason because it's size and angle is dictating how fast and how deep lure will dive. I can somehow understand deep water (4m+) sinking diving wobbler used from a boat but not 1-3m cmon....
Also, there is no description saying clearly if the lure is diving or sinking diving which causes people to spend money on wrong lures.

4 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

Cool but there is no such thing as shallow wobblers with a lip which also sink on their own because this type of lure is fundamentally broken and just dumb from an engineering point of view. 
Take for example Funky Minnow S15 which dives to around 1.5m.
What is the point of making it sink on its own if it's relatively shallow lure which already dives to 1.5m thanks to its lip?
There is none because if you were using this kind of lure in real life it would be useless because the weight would pull it to the bottom and then lip would cause it to dig into the bottom. It's useless in real life and it's useless in the game.
Lip is there for a reason because it's size and angle is dictating how fast and how deep lure will dive. I can somehow understand deep water (4m+) sinking diving wobbler used from a boat but not 1-3m cmon....
Also, there is no description saying clearly if the lure is diving or sinking diving which causes people to spend money on wrong lures.

There you go
sinking_countdown_crankbaits.jpg.a98187375caabfb05de87952cb869dac.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, m3dic said:

There you go
sinking_countdown_crankbaits.jpg.a98187375caabfb05de87952cb869dac.jpg

That's a deep water one, not 1-2m one. Lip wobblers don't have problem diving to 3m using a lip. 

Two decades and I haven't seen even one spinning fisherman using diving sinking wobbler... you know why? Because we have lipless wobblers.

Just because someone is making a lure it doesn't mean people use it or that it's a good design. The market is full of lures which no one wants to touch with a 6-foot pole.

Edited by Jinxter