RF4mod

Skill tree discussions

Skill trees are very important in the game. Share your point allocation and why you chose it.

2 minutes ago, hyper7331 said:

why i need 75% bottom fishing skill to use leader ?

Because it's the game and player progression design.

after the latest patch I cannot use my spoons anymore. They are blocked because I have to little skills on spinning. This is not nice. 

Guys, when I catch a fish I get some xp, which increase my skills. It is OK. But when I release a fish I can get some extra XP. My question is if this extra xp also increase my skills or only increase my level?

Thanks,

Z.

45 minutes ago, Zed895 said:
Spoiler

Guys, when I catch a fish I get some xp, which increase my skills. It is OK. But when I release a fish I can get some extra XP.

My question is if this extra xp also increase my skills or only increase my level?

Thanks,

Z.

There are two types of points you get with your catch XP points, that go to your level and skill points:
(please see the picture below)

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9342_20180228_160410.thumb.png.86c27589a596acc2d4cb66e56e1d4a1b.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RF4mod said:

There are two types of points you get with your catch XP points, that go to your level and skill points:
(please see the picture below)

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9342_20180228_160410.thumb.png.86c27589a596acc2d4cb66e56e1d4a1b.png

So based on this picture when I choose 'release' thus I get extra XP it will increase my level but NOT the skill levels. Thanks.

Just now, Zed895 said:

So based on this picture when I choose 'release' thus I get extra XP it will increase my level but NOT the skill levels. Thanks.

Yes. That's correct.

On 14/03/2018 at 10:21 AM, RF4mod said:

Because it's the game and player progression design.

But we use leader when e.g. we want to catch a pike. And for pike we don't use bottom fishing but spinning or livebait method. It does not make sense for me.

18 minutes ago, Zed895 said:

But we use leader when e.g. we want to catch a pike. And for pike we don't use bottom fishing but spinning or livebait method. It does not make sense for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, it seems that you just started playing the game?
Spinning has no skill for using a leader. It is open by default.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RF4mod said:

Correct me if I'm wrong please, it seems that you just started playing the game?
Spinning has no skill for using a leader. It is open by default.

Yep, I am on lvl7. I just refered to another guy's question. He wrote that ' why i need 75% bottom fishing skill to use leader ? '. And it was strange for me as well, but since you confirmed that leader is open by default for spinning then it is OK for me. Thanks.

Will there be level cap increases? most games fail boat their most dedicated players and only focus on content for lower levels. also what is the current level cap.

2 hours ago, Wolf Digital said:

Will there be level cap increases? most games fail boat their most dedicated players and only focus on content for lower levels. also what is the current level cap.

there is not a level cap and no plans to introduce one either. future content will not be for lower levels only, but also for higher levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello - does anyone know if level and/or skill points affects the size of fish that you can catch? I'm just wondering if one of the reasons I don't get many big fish biting is that I'm only 49% in spinning.

Grateful to anyone who can answer!

2 hours ago, Superfishial said:

Hello - does anyone know if level and/or skill points affects the size of fish that you can catch? I'm just wondering if one of the reasons I don't get many big fish biting is that I'm only 49% in spinning.

Grateful to anyone who can answer!

Superfishial, The short answer is yes it all affects the size of the fish or how many fish you get. For instance the better you are at a skill the easier it will be to perform and attract bigger fish.

• Thanks 1

I got a question, some rods give skill bonuses. I was wondering if these bonuses would exceed the skill cap of lets say using a slider rig. So if i have 3 points in it and use that rod would i have 4 points in using a slider rig or will it stay at 3 points. thanks

1 hour ago, Strings said:

I got a question, some rods give skill bonuses. I was wondering if these bonuses would exceed the skill cap of lets say using a slider rig. So if i have 3 points in it and use that rod would i have 4 points in using a slider rig or will it stay at 3 points. thanks

Yes from what I have learned you will gain an addition point to using that specific rod only 

• Thanks 1

I am currently level 16 and 46.3% in float fishing. I'm fishing with bolognese rod and rig and my skill progress is super slow. Is there any way/trick to speed up this levelling or do I need to grind it? When levelling bait crafting you can get more point toward your skill by crafting newly discovered bait but it doesn't look like it's the case with levelling fishing skills... or I am wrong?

On 4/16/2018 at 10:53 PM, Jinxter said:

I am currently level 16 and 46.3% in float fishing. I'm fishing with bolognese rod and rig and my skill progress is super slow. Is there any way/trick to speed up this levelling or do I need to grind it? When levelling bait crafting you can get more point toward your skill by crafting newly discovered bait but it doesn't look like it's the case with levelling fishing skills... or I am wrong?

Hello Jinxter,

Sorry for the delay on answering your question. It's a grind when it comes to increasing your fishing skills. The higher your percentage is the harder it is to get skill increase, but changing your rigs to the newest unlocked rigs, baits, locations help to increase your skill. Since you will be catching different fish when you change your baits and locations and catching different species and different size fish helps with increasing your skills.

@Jinxter When my float fishing hit the same % you are at, same happened for me, think I was hitting Winding Rivulette at that time on a daily basis, and then percentage increase dried up. What I did was go back to Mosquito on lighter setups and it started rising again, past 50% and I went back to Rivulette and on to Old Burgh and it continued to rise. In the high 70's now and it's still slowly levelling. Only jump in game a couple times a week at last 10% of level 21, but so far still climbing with my visits to the higher lakes. (I just chill fish to wind down from work and am not chasing levels or anything but relaxing to the ambience ...:)....)

At the time I just needed to catch different fish on different gear, and dropping down to lighter gear and smaller fish worked well to kickstart the % climb again.

Give it a try, may work for you, but you have nothing to lose trying, and it's cheap fishing on Mosquito.

Good luck

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Djindaar said:

@Jinxter When my float fishing hit the same % you are at, same happened for me, think I was hitting Winding Rivulette at that time on a daily basis, and then percentage increase dried up. What I did was go back to Mosquito on lighter setups and it started rising again, past 50% and I went back to Rivulette and on to Old Burgh and it continued to rise. In the high 70's now and it's still slowly levelling. Only jump in game a couple times a week at last 10% of level 21, but so far still climbing with my visits to the higher lakes. (I just chill fish to wind down from work and am not chasing levels or anything but relaxing to the ambience ...:)....)

At the time I just needed to catch different fish on different gear, and dropping down to lighter gear and smaller fish worked well to kickstart the % climb again.

Give it a try, may work for you, but you have nothing to lose trying, and it's cheap fishing on Mosquito.

Good luck

Excellent advice!!!

@Gytautelis  @Djindaar 

Thx for answers and ideas ;) Ill try mixing up the gear when fishing and see what will happen. I also got myself premium for a month which is pricey considering it only boosts exp. So far got 2% of float fishing so it's going up even tho I didn't change gear xD

Posted (edited)

We are using same spinning reels for float,  ground or spinning fishing so what is the point to have separate skill points in each group for exactly same gear? It not only feels redundant but strongly forced idea which doesn't make sense. If I can use e.g. spinning reel I should add points to this skill set only once no matter which type of fishing I'm doing.

Do anyone makes different driving licence when driving a different brand car of the same class? Nope ;)

Edited by Jinxter

36 minutes ago, Jinxter said:

We are using same spinning reels for float,  ground or spinning fishing so what is the point to have separate skill points in each group for exactly same gear? It not only feels redundant but strongly forced idea which doesn't make sense. If I can use e.g. spinning reel I should add points to this skill set only once no matter which type of fishing I'm doing.

Do anyone makes different driving licence when driving a different brand car of the same class? Nope ;)

@jinxter, i moved your post here to skill tree discussions. the skill points you put into fishing with a spinning reel go's across float, bottom feeder, and spin fishing. that way you only have to put points in it once. other skills will increase when you add points to them whether it is multiple skills or not. bait casting skill i have noticed that when i added points to the skill fishing with a bait caster the points did go to two skills at the time. i also suggest that you look at what you do more for fishing whether it is bottom feeder, float, or spin fishing and try to focus on the skill in that tree. i hope that helps you with some of the skill trees.

1 minute ago, irishman said:

@jinxter, i moved your post here to skill tree discussions. the skill points you put into fishing with a spinning reel go's across float, bottom feeder, and spin fishing. that way you only have to put points in it once. other skills will increase when you add points to them whether it is multiple skills or not. bait casting skill i have noticed that when i added points to the skill fishing with a bait caster the points did go to two skills at the time. i also suggest that you look at what you do more for fishing whether it is bottom feeder, float, or spin fishing and try to focus on the skill in that tree. i hope that helps you with some of the skill trees.

Wouldn't it be simpler and less misleading to have reels in a separate group? Anyway, thx for clarification. Cheers! ;)