m3dic

Spinning Reels

39 minutes ago, SleepieMercie said:

I have seen or been asked this question a few times now and would like just some clarification about it. I have been asked if it's true about using 2x line test of whatever reel's capacity one is using. e.i if my reel test capacity is 10kg I should be ok using about 2x this capacity for my line test, say somewhere around 19-20kg , is this true, is it not, can we get some explanation on this please?  could I give you this  set up  as an example : a rod w/ 22kg + 10kg reel test. Thank you so much for the assistance ,the help and clarification in advance :)

Hi Sleepiemercie and thanks for bringing this up. 

This is not Russian Roulette. This is Russian Fishing!

The method you are refering to, will only end up in disaster. And disaster will strike and often more sooner than later. That's why we strongly advice against it and promote the formula of having your rod being the strongest, your reel the second strongest, and your line the weakest link. In particular when you're using low level gear, because they are of lesser quality and will wear/break faster.

Taking your example:
The cheapest 10kg costs roughly 900 silver.
22kg line, depending on the brand, will cost you around 125 silver
A rod to hold at least more than 10kg, and preferably being able to hold 22kg+ will cost you 900 silver for the cheapest feeder rod (match rods are double/triple that value).
That makes the total amount of money spend close to 2.000 silver for the cheapest setup and without having caught a single fish.

Now you start fishing and trying to get that money back. Yet at the same time you need to keep your setup in pristine condition and repair it as much as possible. Because if not, the weaker reel will break. Meaning it takes twice the amount of time and it drains even more money out of your pocket, before you've made break even. One moment of slacking on the repair, means insta break. One moment of tugging too hard on a snag, means insta break. One moment of hooking that monster fish that exceeds the 22kg of your line, means insta break. And gone is your 2000+ silver. Not to mention your real life money as well if you used that to purchase this setup.

So, to everyone that wants to use this method: use it at your OWN risk. You decide to play with fire, you accept the consequences of getting burned. Anyone that breaks their gear through this method and comes to us, will not get their gear replaced or be handed a refund. Consider yourselves warned!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Melethon said:

Have there been balance changes to the reels? My saberia sabre 60s can now only hold 85m of my 0.48 line. I am sure I used to be able to put 170-200m or something close to that on it. Currently it has the same exact same capacity as my old Express fishing adriatica 5000s. Makes the upgrade from a 298s reel to a 719s  reel feel quite useless.

There was an update with line diameter coming into the game, saying that when you click on your reel or hover over the "i" it shows how much line it holds of which diameter.

11 minutes ago, boomtime said:

hire is a quested on repair time is it in game time to real time 

Hey boomtime, 

it is ingame time

Just now, boomtime said:

ok thank you for the help u know there is 3 workshops i have 3 reels that need fixing can i put one in old burg lank and thn in winding river and than the other in mosquito lank as well all that the same time or just one a time

You can put them all in one shop or each in a different how you like to do it.

3 hours ago, insixdays said:

The braided line on my spinning reel is down to 70%. When is the right time to replace it with a new line?

Also when should I put my rod and reel in for repairs in order to save on cost?

Thanks.

Hey insixdays,

depending on your setup and your line (Manufacturer and Type) ,you should change the line either, when you feel you can't handle the fish you caught before anymore, or at roughly 50%. I myself change most of my setup Lines at around 30ish%.

3 hours ago, alecolos92 said:

I am very disappointed about braid lines..i mean, i know they wear out faster even in real life... but fishing with a 50 silver braider line of 7 kgs test with a 7,5 test rod and reel, fighting with fishes maximum 4 kgs, my line with 30 40 fish is wore out of 20%... how can i save my money for better gear if every 2 days i have to spend 50 silver for new line?! Come on...

Hey alecolos92,

we have different types of Braid in this game. Your 50 silver line isn't the best quality. Either you try using even more expensive lines, in terms of braid, what i would not suggest on a feeder, since there are multiple scenarios where a mono is just a tad better at float/bottom fishing, or you switch towards Mono line which won't wear off as fast as Braid cause of elasticity and flex.

2 hours ago, sb farmer said:

hi everyone,

why are we fishing left handed, i have always cast with the right hand then put the rod into the left and wound the reel with the right hand ?

Hey sb farmer, 

we are actually fishing right handed in the game, on the most setups, there are left handed ones. Right handed people reel with their left hand, cause their stronger arm is their right arm and they need it to hold the Rod, for left handed People its the other way around.

Left Handed:

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8668_20171104_150248.thumb.png.8a355d2708806fe8db623147457b35bb.png

Right Handed:

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8668_20171104_150258.thumb.png.055ba1c326b24c8ac50ddc093ccbe562.png

3 hours ago, Badger5678 said:

Can anyone tell me how much the Siberia Ignition 30s (purple) costs please. It's always out of stock where I can fish. It might be available at the level 18 lake though. 

A little over 1000 Silver or close to 11 gold depending on which lake you are. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stumpy said:

been an expensive day today 3 reels broken 1 rod broken and two lines 24lb broken  :(

If you provide your set up we should be able to tell you what you have out of harmony. Broken rods and reels are usually the result of setting up in an unbalanced way.

4 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

just had a reel break on connecting to a fish.instantly break not even a turn of the handle. it was a Lercerti 4000s.been fishing same spot all week not one issue with same rod reel line set up.put on the more expensive reel cast out rod goes round isnt unrepairable reel break.i was using 16.5lb line but put this in perspective ive caught probably close to a 1000 fish this week hardly any issues at all even on the cheapest reels. of 9 silver.put on a 100 plus silver instant break.without turning the handle.this cant happen shouldnt happen.regardless of line strength or rod.

Spoiler

at this point in time i don't see any point in having high end gear.at all.you might as well use the 9 silver reel and lose odd one now and then and get 99 percent of the fish in that spend hundreds on reels only to break sometimes first fish or after only a couple of goes.

i get there is game mechanics but it isnt realistic at all.it is frustrating especially on expensive items.that reel for example and im lvl 15 now will take me best part of today to earn back.from a single bite and i didn't even reel the handle once.the funny thing is where im fishing with what im fishing on the max size of fish would be 1-3kg max.so the equipment wouldn't break ever on fish of that size.

you have to remember people are pretty new in this game i will grumble about it and play on but many new will get something like that and just think screw that.stop playing. when you think i have saved up especially at low levels for that reel rod combo buy it and its instantly broken beyond repair first cast or first bite and its probably took a day all day or days to get why would you enjoy that ? or continue to play ?

there needs to be adjustments.there needs to be clear indicators on what items can be used together. blah blah guide CLEAR instructions on what can be used together at what level with no damage. in the tackle store there is no clear indications on what rod reel line or hooks should be used with each other. it isnt clear. many ask many dont know.i know there is a guide it should be more clear and simple in the tackle shop.

so for eg.

reel 9 silver is for lvl 1-5 can be used with whatever rods list of them.can be used with whatever lines list of them.hooks recommended.

rods.price.what lvl can be used . what reel can be used with it.what lines .

reels / rods should also have a warning clear before breaking.not instant break.

the game is great but some very basic core parts of the game need to be explained better IN-GAME.it needs to be more precise so this doesnt keep happening to many people. the more it happens the less people will play its pretty that simple.

Greetings Dgeesio
We completely understand the point you are trying to make. You want this game to be as close to real life fishing as it can be. Yet, we've explained on numerous occassions to you that:

1. This is a game, this isn't real life fishing. Some real life things cannot be coded. And some things are there for gaming purposes.
  2. You should follow the game mechanics in order to keep your gear in tact.

You continue to put line on a reel, that isn't meant to be put on that reel because it exceeds the limits of the reel. Because you do, you break your reel again. And you will continue to break more reels in the future if you keep on doing this. That is why we have explained to you previously to stick to the game mechanics and respect them. That way you wouldn't break more reels and you would save yourself a whole lot of silver in trying to replace them.

3 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

how does that make any sense ? i get you could have to strong line for the reel.so its worn.but it was one cast instant broke.

Spoiler

but changing the reel onto a rod set up which the 9 silver reel has been fine with caught nearly 1000 fish on and the rod breaks instantly.sorry there is no excuse for that.makes no sense in any way. if so the rod would of broke with the cheaper reel wouldn't it but it didn't it broke with the more expensive reel.line hook set up same as the cheap set up.happened instantly after swapping.that is not right especially when i caught fish all week on them fine.

We could go over your setup again, if you like. If you do, please provide us with screenshots of it. And please bear in mind: though you might want for something to work in a way you deem best, if it doesn't correspond with how the game works, it simply won't work. 

4 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

just cant get why a stronger reel with the same set up as a cheaper reel brakes the rod.

Spoiler

makes no sense.the rod has been fine with the set up as the other instance its not even playing the fish its just instantly snapped the rod.the fish we are talking about are 2/3kg max.yet smashing reels and rods like great white sharks.

i will provide a screenshot if you want later. you cant say if your a sim type realistic game it doesn't matter .it does matter.that's why many will play the game because its realistic.

imagine 2 ledger feeder rod set ups with strong line and reels both got snapped and broke by small fish.instantly.it doesnt matter how you market the game or say game mechanics that is not a good system when a small fish instantly breaks your gear.it would take a large catfish of probably 60-80lbs to smash the gear.yet a 2lb carp is doing it.

Please provide us with the screenshots. And please, realize that you are sharing your opinion. Which is perfectly fine. Yet, opinions are not facts. So please take that into consideration.

6 hours ago, fishinbuddy said:

I am not sure if this topic has been brought up anywhere or at all but after the experience i had in the game this evening I have to bring this up. I have been searching for several days in a row now for a better rod/reel combo for fighting the pike at mosquito lake.

Spoiler

I now have a 5+ Kg pike on record with my current 6Kg combo setup. However, i lost 4 in a row ( probably 4+ Kg or larger ) to the infamous " FISH GOT AWAY ". So, i went to the tackle store to see about buying a better rod and reel. I am currently at Level 12 and to my surprise i have the ability and the money to buy 20 different models of spinning rods  that are capable of a max drag of between 8 Kg - 31 Kg ; however the reels up to level 12 stop at 7.5 Kg max drag.

I was pouring over all the spinning reels and there are none to match any of the rods at level 7,10, or 12.

The only reels capable of being used with a level 10 rod is a level 20 reel ???????????? what happened to the max drag reels to match the Express Fishing Heavy rods for example.

I also noticed the same thing occurring with feeder rods. I saw a feeder rod ( level 12 ) that has a max drag of 14.5 Kg and i cannot find a single reel that comes close till much higher levels. Something just isn't adding up here. Maybe i have missed something.

Don't worry about matching rod weight capabilities with reel, i have 19.5kg rod and 10kg reel later on in the game you will be able to match them and the game is still at 30-35% so i think they will add more reels to choose from :)

16 minutes ago, Lucaschevy said:

Hello!. The Trident Everest reel, will it be back in stock?

Regards!

Lucaschevy, The Trident Everest has been discontinued, The Trident Everest II replaced it and if it is out of stock somewhere check other lakes shops!

11 minutes ago, uBu said:

The repair costs on the reels seem out of balance to me. Repairing 2% damage on a 300 silver reel shouldn't cost one third of the initial price. It just seems way too punishing. I get that you are trying to incentivize the players to take care of their gear, but it shouldn't feel like buying your old reel twice over while you are in the process to actually upgrading to a better one.

uBu, You should not need to repair at 2% damage of you reel! you should take a minute to read through the uses guide here is a link to the repair section.

http://rf4game.com/userguide/#tips_repair

If you repair your gear to often you will go broke!

5 minutes ago, gunkevie said:

so i was wondering again.

if i have a real that has a max drag of 10kg, does my line strenght need to be lower than that ? or does the drag doesn't matter just the max load capacity on the rod, and then on the line needs to be lower and the leader, so if something breaks its the leader first then the line then the rod ... in a matter of speaking ? 

Hey gunkevie,

depending on the quality of the reel it won't break up to 15 kg line, saying that, you need to watch your repairs a bit more careful(10-15% wear repair). When you have a 15 kg line now and a 19,5 kg rod with the 10 kg reel your line will brake, if you put a leader under 15 kg on it your leader will break. Hope this helps you clarifying it.

7 minutes ago, Todlesstod said:

Why is Dragon 30s reel so expensive to repair? Brake + Grease = 49 silver. The reel is 265 to buy at Old Burg right now. There's nothing in the description to suggest this cost...

Hello Todlesstod,

It depends on which lake you are trying to repair it and what % wear you have on those parts. The more wear you have on your parts the more expensive it gets and prices change on different lakes.

3 minutes ago, pacman28 said:

I had the same thing happen to me using the same reel. I had three of these reels set up on feeder rods which was the lacerti 4000s reels only using 11 lb line or 16 lb and had all three reels brake right after the latest patch was put out. I never had no other issues with these  reels before other then fixing them at times.. now all three where trashes to I believe it was handle was broken right in the middle of fight.  i did not exceed the line for the reel or the rod that I had these on.  all three  gone for no reason at all...

Please provide us with screenshots of your setups and a screenshot of your skills.

1 minute ago, pacman28 said:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171129_163008.thumb.png.4b60e42807479347034d35c9cb1e4b57.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171129_163039.png

The wear on your reel is 13,4%, while your line is only at 3,7%. So your line is stronger than your reel, that's why it breaks. Make sure you repair your reel in time.

58 minutes ago, Granitor said:

Hello everyone
First off i'd like to say this game is great, best fishing game on the market in my opinion. I have a question in regards to the repair system though.

Spoiler

I have been at kuori lake for the last 50+ in game days bank fishing and trolling and have caught 500+ fish, many of these fish were 5 to 9kg's, including a few 8+ kg kouri char and many 6+kg pike. They were all landed with the setup in the links i provided without problems and very minimal wear on my reel. My friction break on my reel held up pretty darn well over those 50+ in game days. Today I repaired it after it reached 50% damage.

After repairing i decided to head out to do some trolling, The second fish I landed this morning was another 8kg kuori char, but this time around this one single fish damaged my friction break 17% shortly after i fully repaired it. I have caught quite a few of them that size in the 50+ in game days i fished there, along with many 5+kg pike, and many other 5-9kg fish. Just wondering why this one single char did this much damage to my reel? Doesn't really make all that much sense after how my reel preformed prior to this one char on steroids :)

In the second screenshot you can see that 17.7% dmg is taken off, This is from only 4 fish, and the 8kg kuori char did 17% of that. Was it because my ''grease'' was at 10%? I thought i could wait until 25+% to repair the ''grease'' and ''mechanism''. Did my reel take 17% damage from one fish because i didn't repair my mechanism(7%dmg taken) or grease(11% damage taken)?

I would really love some clarification as to why this happen, and if it was my fault how it would be best to avoid this in the future. If it was in fact a glitch in the game which i have reason to believe it was, considering how well my reel held up over the 50 in game days, and how many large fish it reeled in before it hit 50% dmg. It would be really nice if the devs/admins could add 1 gold to my account to repair my reel again, if this doesn't make sense to you guys either.

Thanks for your time!

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171210_114817.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171210_114828.png

Greetings Granitor,
I'm sorry to hear you experienced that. We had a look at our logs, but there wasn't a fish that did that much damage to your friction brake. Are you sure you selected friction brake when you brought the reel in for repair?

12 minutes ago, Granitor said:

Hey lady, Thanks for your fast responce!

Spoiler

First I would like to say that your videos helped me out so much when i played the russian version, without your help i wouldn't have played the russian version as long as i did, so thank you for all your hard work making those videos!

Yes I absolutely picked friction break, i also used 1 gold to repair it. It was at 51% damage and the ''!'' mark was showing on my tension meter and i could barely land a 2.5kg pike in a decent amount of time, therefore I decided it was time to repair!

I would also like to add, you can check the chat log for 2-3 hours ago on lake kouri..I mentioned to a person named ''BaronGuy'' that the 8kg kouri char did 17% dmg. He was suprised that happen as well.

Hi Granitor
Thanks for your fast response as well. We'll look into the matter and our apologies for the inconvenience this caused you.

In the mean time, I can point you to one thing which might cause you to get more damage than prior to your repair. I noticed that you didn't change your line. I would advice you to do that after you repaired your rod/reel. Having a weaker line on your setup will cause more stress on the other parts of your rod/reel and increase the damage there. Not as much as happened in your case, but definitely more than if you were to fish with a setup that has 0% wear and tear.

Also thanks for the compliments! I lack time these days to make vids every other day, but I try to make a new batch at least once a week and upload those. 

1 hour ago, Wanpug said:

why cant i repair my friction brake on my Sabre 60s for silver, while other reels i can repair it.

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9128_20171220_144849.thumb.png.fc5f61bfb996e5f1c616ae086a823e75.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9128_20171220_144900.thumb.png.8d3f2649189e6ce161c7995e54fedb3e.png

Wanpug,The reason that it is showing for gold only right now is that the shop you are trying to repair at does not have the parts in stock for silver you should try another shop!

On 22-12-2017 at 3:24 PM, Azorees said:

The Gold 80s I find is an excellent reelbut I have a question and I think it may have been asked already but if it hasn't I think it will be.

Spoiler

If I buy a reel for Gold will that reel be able to get repaired if it takes 100% damage.

Reason why i'm asking is because I bought the Gold 80s for gold which in real money cost me £30 .

If that reel gets broken by a fish which can happen quite easy in this game , and if I lose the reel I would be pretty miffed off as I spent real money to get the reel.

I do honestly think that if you buy an item for Gold then no matter how much damage it gets it should be able to be repaired for silver, then at least people who do support the devs buy buying the very expensive gold won't get upset and leave the game if the item got broken 100%.

At the moment, no. If you break your reel (or any other equipment) 100% then no matter whether how you bought it, you can't fix it. However in the future we will be implimenting replacing parts so do NOT discard any broken tackle as in the future you will be able to swap & change parts.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, puma7076 said:

Hi, I recently got a reel ZEIMAN Z-SERIES 20S in which destroyed the mechanism, I am very disappointed with the quality of the reel for over 4000 thousand, somewhere I read the strength of the mechanism is 2 x the brake force is it true here is the configuration of the Assembly or not should first break the rig

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20171229_214748.png

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20171229_214800.png

Greetings
I'm sorry to hear you broke your reel. However, if you look at your setup, you see that you put on line that is much stronger than your reel. Also, you're using a leader that is stronger than your reel. When your setup is under great stress, the weakest link will break first. In this case, that was your reel. 

I suggest you use lighter line next time and use a leader that is of lesser weight than the reel's max drag. In that situation, if the stress is too high, you'll only rip the leader or tear the line. Not your expensive rod and reel.