Crucian

Float Fishing Q&A

33 minutes ago, Strings said:

So i was wondering what the benefits are for bolo fishing. I find it hard to hook fish with my bolo set up and the bolo bobber doesn't really give me any benefits in rivers (i think the italians used the bolo rig mainly for this) Maybe someone can give me some pointers. Thanks   

The bolo is primarily a river rod, while you can use it in still water, casting is difficult and there is little benefit to be gained other than some casting distance and a small weight increase. The correct method for fishing the bolo in the river is as follows: Cast the line UPSTEAM, allow the float to move towards you as you reel up the slack (you should see a message that it is floating with the current). Once the float is directly in front of you press [ENTER] to open the bail. This will allow the float to continue on down stream. The period of time that you have the 'Floating with the current' message has an increaded chance to catch fish. Once you get a bite or you reach the point where it is hard to see the float, close the bail by pushing [ENTER] again or starting to reel. 

22 minutes ago, nihues said:

"Touching Bottom" increase the chance too? 

Not on its own. I will just say that anytime you get a technique message it is good. Touching bottom is not a technique like 'jig step'.

1 hour ago, Yoman2822 said:

Also I need help, always when fighting fish for a longer time it unhooks and goes away,

Spoiler

what am I doing wrong? Do I need to buy better quality hooks or? I'm using bigger hooks so size is not a problem but whenever I fight a fish for a longer time it goes away. Any tips?

Thanks!

There are several factors that come into play. Better quality hooks can help. As does putting skill points into the skill tree. Another thing that might help is to make sure you keep your rod at an angle and don't point straight towards the fish. And then there is your energy bar, if that one gets low you have less strength left to fight the fish which could result in losing the fish.

19 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

just had a fatal damage on a new float rod i just brought.only casted it 20 times and it snapped on a snag. 70 credits down the drain . :(

cant believe cant fix it was only on a bush one yank snapped.

usually this is the result of too heavy line or a reel with a max drag rated higher than the rod or set to full drag. What was your set up? Rod, line, reel?

51 minutes ago, dgeesio said:

16lb line basic float rod and first reel.i get it could maybe cause damage but when only 20 casts in and ruined that is 70 credits gone.if you just starting out thats a huge thing and there is no mention of any damage or anything in game to warn you.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot?

31 minutes ago, DufferDave said:

Two questions. Where do you find the "Hair Rig"?  I am level 12 and the option is in the skill tree but I cannot put a point into it.

Also, I see comments as to "gifting" but is this actually working at this time?  I've tried it and it tells me that this will be implemented later.

Good day Dave.  The hair rig is actually used automatically.  Also, only members with a premium status can gift.  If you are a premium member, to gift you need to use the + button.  Please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything else :).

3 minutes ago, nihues said:

And never ever got any bite using that... is that normal Lady? tried more than 3h real time with 4 different boilie type from store (red, brown, yellow, gree) on different locations (Old Burg Lake)

Hi Nihues
In my experience it was the wrong time of day/wrong time of weather/wrong spot for a particular color of boilie. They work, but you've got to figure out which one works when and make sure the fish are active as well on that spot. What I do myself is get a feeler or two with maggots, see if I can catch any carp. When I do, I take out the boilies and switch to those. Brown, Red and Yellow is what I use the most myself.

1 minute ago, dgeesio said:

sorry i would of but i deleted the set up as it was all broke.so don't have the real or rod now.

Sorry to hear that dgeesio.  In the future if you find some sort of bug or have a problem be sure and take screenshots if you can.  They help us better solve problems and fix bugs.

1 hour ago, dgeesio said:

16lb line basic float rod and first reel.i get it could maybe cause damage but when only 20 casts in and ruined that is 70 credits gone.if you just starting out thats a huge thing and there is no mention of any damage or anything in game to warn you.

16 lb line is almost double the weight for the starter reel and 2 to 3 times the weight rating for every starter rod that uses a reel.  Sorry but such blatant disregard for the tolerances of the gear is going to get you a broken rod or worse a stripped reel. Another factor in this is that all gear has a star rating that shows its quality. a 1.5 or 2 star rod is starter quality Kmart / Walmart special....  you put double  to triple the load on a low quality rod and got the expected result. I strongly suggest you read the user guide and stick within gear tolerances until you get in to 3.5 to 4 star gear.  I am sorry for your loss in gear but you have been compensated in wisdom. User Guide: https://rf4game.com/userguide/ 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ugly Pete said:

If I buy a telescopic rod with a loading strain of say 9kg how close can I safely approach it in line loading strain?

Would say 7.5 or 8kg result in a breakage?

It can handle 9kg but I suggest a weight in lb test that is double the number in kg. For example put 8lb line on a 4kg cane pole. Cane/ telescopic rods have no reel and so they have no way to reduce pressure when you have a fish on. A reel with a drag system allows you to push tolerances a bit more because of the drag and extra line on the spool..

Hello RockMic, usually we recommend that your setup strength goes in order from strongest to weakest as rod, reel, line.  That way your line should break before your expensive gear.  The best thing to do is look at the specs and go from there.

56 minutes ago, RockMic said:

Hello to all

Spoiler

I'm at level 12 and wanted to buy the Bolognese Syberia Linear 700 but what reels are recommended?
Thanks for any reply.

The load capacity on that rod is 8.5Kg so to keep from doing damage I would try the syberia dragon 30s or 40s as both are 6Kg reels the syberia gold 30 is 8Kg and would not stress the rod. also, for further help you can look at the Users guide found here: https://rf4game.com/userguide/ 

2 hours ago, RockMic said:

Thanks for the guys replies, but i ask you to buy the Syberia Gold that should be her, i must be liv20 how is this possible?

Greetings RockMic
My apologies for that. The Syberia Gold was a flawed advice. The Syberia Dragon is available at level 8 and would match your level and rod.

1 minute ago, RockMic said:

No problem, I just bought the Dragon as well.
For the launch of Bologna it would be useful to have the chance to launch near, such as those without reel, ask only.

I'm sorry, could you please rephrase that? I have trouble understanding your question.

On 28-10-2017 at 3:02 PM, adrenaline catch said:

just asking is there a length system in this game, etc 20 cm to a metre. I'm from Australia, having trouble getting my head around pole fishing to match and feeders.. ahh we just use,  over head (bait casters) and egg beaters on 4 foot 10 inch rods etcs and a breaking strain around 4.1.1 

There isn't a breaking strain or length system in the way you describe it. We use Load Capacity, diameter and length. 

1 hour ago, Axatzen said:

Heya, first of all thanks for an awesome game, loving it so far!

I've seen it asked before but haven't found a clear answer yet as to why we can't change the WASD keys to ZQSD. I too, as many others I suspect, play on an azerty keyboard and would like to not have to switch with shift-alt. Minor nuisance though.

I'll add my voice to the subject RockMic and Jack touched on too.

Reveal hidden contents

For me, irl, I have always used a "bolognese rod" specifically for overcoming the biggest drawback of a fixed line, no reel. I bought the EF S-Eagle Bolognese SB15 with this in mind, it only being slightly shorter then my 4.8m EF Telestick TL16 fixed line so still having the biggest advantage of a fixed line, pinpoint hook-on action on a floater, or so I thought.

Sadly it seems the bolognese rod has another hook-on action mechanic in the game, a hard jerk backwards instead of upwards, which makes it almost impossible to set the hook on small floater actions. As such it would be nice to either have a kind of "switch" button to make the hook action mechanic the same as a fixed line or change it to the fixed line mechanic altogether if that's possible.

Bear in mind I have only played with "slow" action fixed lines so far, and the bolognese rod I have is medium action so there might be a discrepancy there I am unaware of.

Next up is what fixed line I should buy as my next upgrade. Both my trusted TL16's have served me tremendously well, but I feel it's time to take revenge on those linebreakers,  at least some of them...

I've been ogling the Syberia Linear and the Model Two Telescopics, probably the 6m ones. What justifies these rods prices compared to each other? Or is the Syberia Genius worth it, drawback having only a 5kg  load and setting back my plans of exacting revenge.

Is it worth it, compared to saving up for a heavier feeder rod. I know I can justify it to myself because I just love watching a bobber do it's thing, but is it worth it game-wise in regards to the economics of things.

This has gotten rather lenghty so I will end here for now :)

Hi,  Axatzen.

Firstly, WASD cannot currently be changed.  we are looking into keybindings in a future update.

Secondly, could you please scroll up & take a look at Kache explaination on bolognese rods (Pg 1).

there is no short answer as all setups (Rods, reel, line) is all relative to your particular play style which is also the answer to your next part on what which line for fixed line rod, all relative to your particular style of fishing.

Feeder fishing will be a good choice to gain silver.

For more information, please take a look at:

http://rf4game.com/forum/index.php?/forum/37-how-to-guide/

http://rf4game.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30-faq/

3 hours ago, Axatzen said:

Next up is what fixed line I should buy as my next upgrade. Both my trusted TL16's have served me tremendously well, but I feel it's time to take revenge on those linebreakers,  at least some of them...

When it comes to the cane rods that you asked about it is a matter of quality and materials. the Syberia model two is a three star rod made of high modulus (high stiffness) material.

The Syberia Linear is only 2.5  starts and medium modulus,  the practical difference is that model two will wear more slowly and handle stronger fish. However while the Genius is only rated at 5kg load capacity, the bonus to Xp and the 3 star quality make it avery worthy investment.

"most fishing styles have a skill to improve the chance of catching a trophy fish. I cant seem to find that skill for the fixed line rig. I did put points in the fixed line rig technique but it doesn't state that it will improve the trophy chance. is there a way to improve it? thanks"

Standard fixed line is the cane rod. Points put into it help with casting and the fish fight.

18 hours ago, Strings said:

So no way to improve the chance of catching trophy's with a cane rod?

I don't believe so.

55 minutes ago, Strings said:

Could you maybe ask the dev's to explain there reasoning behind this?

The fixed rig is the standard rig everyone starts out with. Therefore it isn't going to increase the chance of getting more trophies. As you become better, you'll also unlock other rigs. That will help you in increasing your chances. You can still use those rigs on your fixed cane and enjoy reliving your childhood memories. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Saldas said:

I was actually wondering is there any point in float fishing or is it just a beginners thing. But your answer gave me the motivation to carry on levelling it. Just wondering has anybody had any success catching trophy fish with telescopic rod. Please share if you did. Would be nice to hear what rig did you use and was it from boat or shore.

2 hours ago, Saldas said:

Sorry for double posting but I can't see Edit button. How can I increase my float fishing? Looks like very few species will give me float fishing skill in Mosquito Lake. Will use of new bait or new rod will help with it or is it purely depends on fish I catch?

Hey Saldas,

sure you can catch trophy fish with a Telescopic Rod. Myself for example caught some Roach, Chinese Sleeper and Crucian Carp in trophy size on the very Basic Setup. (First Telescopic Rod+Fixed Line Rig from shore). New Rod's can help you increasing your Float fishing as well as trying to target bigger or smaller Specimen of a Species. New Rigs/Setups you unlock do as well help you improving your skill faster.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sal OldGamer said:

1. Why some bolognese and match rods swinging so hard like i'm doing my best to do some damage or to get rid of fish? Never mind if i hold right mouse button  or not, rod always jumping if i got fish on. It happens when i use Syberia model one bolognese 700 and Silver fish elementary match 240. However if i'm using S-Eagle Bolognese SB15 everything looks just fine.

2. Last several (real time) days i'm using mostly float fishing rods and i can't remember last time i got at least 0.1% of float fishing skill points. I literally stuck on 72.5%. And yes.. I got a lot of fishes using latest achievements: wagller - Match rod and slider rig - bolognese rod. Next ability : sandwich bait requires 85% skill points and it looks quite unattainable.

1:Can you please provide a screenshot of your rod and reel setups and your skill trees please, so we can try to locate the issue and help you along. Could you provide use with a small clip of what is happening?

2:Try to target different fish and different fish size. Also, use different Baits and hooks.

45 minutes ago, Sal OldGamer said:

1. There's screenshots and video

Reveal hidden contents

2. I was fishing Lake trout, Seven trout, Char, common carp, grass carp, tench, bream etc.. Also i used different hooks sizes and baits

Reveal hidden contents

Skills_rigs.jpg

1: The rod in the video is moving up and down because of the fish fight is creating a pull and release motion causing your fisherman to react and pull harder on the rod when the fish pulls and when the fish gives in a bit the rod moves up.

2: As you progress into the higher skill percentage it is going to take longer to get a skill increase!

Last of all you should try to balance your setups a bit better you have some risk to breaking gear as some of them are a bit off.

You need at least a 15.7kg rod for a 15.6kg line... that's why you broke your rod.

If you use a Reel (Bolognese) you can catch double the kg, for example, a 5kg setup can catch a 10kg carp... or even more... but will be a hell of a fight.