Crucian

Float Fishing Q&A

Hi Djinn. Great information. The part about turning fish. Will put that into practice as ive been pulling the wrong way .😮 

1 hour ago, FasTy said:

Hi Djinn. Great information. The part about turning fish. Will put that into practice as ive been pulling the wrong way .😮 

Aye, give it a try. When you first go to hook the fish, sure, you are going to pull opposite direction to ensure a firm hook, then watch if it turns or continues to go in that direction and get your rod tip ahead of it and orient rod as its lifting to swing it in a little to turn it, may save you on a large fish. In some instances if there is room, you can walk along the shore, but that is suited more to reeled float fishing and risky on a tele.

btw, just checked map again for Mosquito, and it actualy is oriented NSEW, don't know why I thought it was not >.< Lol.

Good luck.

Is there anyone that is using sbirolino rig successfully and can give me some advice's where and how to try it as i am getting near to unlock it and would like to try it 

14 hours ago, FasTy said:

Should i max  the points  out with fishing with a tele rod? 

That will depend on how far you want to go with Tele's, or save the points if going for Match, Feeder and/or spinning. One point is better than none though as you will be using teles for a while to get float fishing up to 45% in order to get the ability to use leaders. On my character Sunlion, I will only be chasing tele, bolo and match rods, so I have maxed mine out along with fixed line and am now starting to add to bolo and spinning reel points. I hope to take tele's, bolos and match rods as far as I can on this account and see how long it takes to level before I hit a wall, if I do at all. I just like the challenge of seeing how far I can go with the poles too, as they are limited in test verses level. But match rods is this characters goal. I have another account, up to about level 16 I think where I am just using poles only, hehe, I like a challenge. :)

But if this is your main account and you want to mix it up with a wider set of tools to catch fish, then be a bit more sparing in point allocation till you start getting 2 points per level at 20.

Maybe others here who have got pretty high in level can advise better on best way to spread those points, as my main is only around level 24 as yet and I dropped spinning on him and just focus on match and feeder, when I have time from leveling my other accounts, Lol.

So when using a telestick rod.Anybody using the  slider rig on it? Or best to stick with using fixed line ? 

I know it prob for waggler fishing but thought i would just ask 😀As i dont fish in real life . 

1 hour ago, FasTy said:

So when using a telestick rod.Anybody using the  slider rig on it? Or best to stick with using fixed line ? 

I know it prob for waggler fishing but thought i would just ask 😀As i dont fish in real life . 

FasTy

I had more luck with slider rig when I was using it, it is a higher method in skill tree so it is better :)

Regards

Levo

11 hours ago, Levo said:

FasTy

I had more luck with slider rig when I was using it, it is a higher method in skill tree so it is better :)

Regards

Levo

Hey Levo ☺.Thanks for the information. Another question is it really looks worthwhile maxing the points in slider rig ? 

3 hours ago, FasTy said:

Hey Levo ☺.Thanks for the information. Another question is it really looks worthwhile maxing the points in slider rig ? 

Hi FasTy

If you want to fish with slider rig in the future, yes, but if you want to only farm skill as fast as you can to get to wagglers then no.

Regards

Levo

On 8/18/2018 at 10:26 AM, Levo said:

Hi FasTy

If you want to fish with slider rig in the future, yes, but if you want to only farm skill as fast as you can to get to wagglers then no.

Regards

Levo

Tvm Levo . Ive got a free point reset i can still use . So alls good for now . 

1 hour ago, shushi said:

Reveal hidden contents

123.thumb.png.ebdd8d577519a9c87006182863b59d28.png

tragedy

cautious Fishing line!

Hi shushi

I think the line you were using was a bit 2 heavy for this rods 

Please remember that line or leader must be weaker than your max kg rod.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

Yesterday I broke my rod and I'm curious how is that possible with following setup:

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180905_150041.thumb.png.10edf6f821968959315b90d6206697d6.png

I thought that line would snap first or am I missing something? That was a snag, I pressed left mouse button and rod broke immediately.

1 hour ago, TheBigFundamental said:

Yesterday I broke my rod and I'm curious how is that possible with following setup:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.10498_20180905_150041.thumb.png.10edf6f821968959315b90d6206697d6.png

I thought that line would snap first or am I missing something? That was a snag, I pressed left mouse button and rod broke immediately.

Hi TheBigFundamental

Your line is only 0.1 kg less than max kg of your rod. You also need to consider wear % on the rod and star rating of the rod.

I would advise having a min 10% -15% less kg line than your max kg rod, especially with low-quality ( low star rating ) rods.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Levo said:

Hi TheBigFundamental

Your line is only 0.1 kg less than max kg of your rod. You also need to consider wear % on the rod and star rating of the rod.

I would advise having a min 10% -15% less kg line than your max kg rod, especially with low-quality ( low star rating ) rods.

Regards

Levo

It must be star rating of the rod then, because rod wearing was at 0%. Thanks for the clarification Levo!

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but the way wagglers are represented in game is wrong. Wagglers were designed to be used on open waters when there is wind blowing.

On open waters wind creates a surface skim, this surface skim can pull line on or near the surface dragging it into a bow which makes striking at range difficult, and which also moves smaller floats out of position spoiling the presentation of the bait and making bite detection more difficult. IRL, a waggler would be dotted down so only a small portion is above the water, usually less than a cm, a little longer if surface chop makes it difficult to see. Once cast, the angler quickly buries the tip of their rod under the water giving the reel a quick turn or two to straighten the line to the float, and to bury the line below the water and the surface skim.

Edited by Hex_Caliber
Spelling error
  • Like 3