Sign in to follow this  
LadyofGames

Grass Carp

g_carp_b.thumb.png.c5cc28e3961236515e19f53cbc549e90.png

The Grass Carp - also known as White Amur Carp - is a valuable commercial fish It is the only species of the genus white cupids, belongs to the family of carp. It Inhabits the waters of East Asia to southern China. The carp prefers abundantly overgrown ponds, because it feeds exclusively on plant foods. Moreover, it eats both aquatic and terrestrial plants (for example, in the form of mown grass thrown into the water). When artificial breed, it becomes omnivorous. The body is elongated and flattened laterally. Fins are gray, the dorsal and caudal are more dark. The coloring of scales on the back go from greenish to gray-yellow, flanks with golden tint. The belly is light golden. Pharyngeal teeth are two-rowed and can heavily serrate. The grass carp is a large fish, large specimens reach 30 kg and a length of more than 1 m.

Seen the Russian record of this and fell off my chair! I can’t believe how big these buggers get! 15kg had me fight for 40min on 10kg reel. 

For anyone who doesn’t know the records on Russian server. I won’t spoil. Just know our top record is many kgs smaller and we should all be scared lmao

Spoiler

I seen this video this morning randomly showed up on my YouTube. You prolly already replied to me haha. Awesome catch! He looked so fat coming in

Any tips for catching grass carp such as bait / hook size? I'd prefer searching for the fishing locations by myself.

A size #1 hook with corn nets me 6-10kg grass carp consistently. The cabbage leaf also works, it depends on what they're in the mood for.

Well i tried a medium 6 hook and got spooled within seconds on my 7.5kg setup with 350m line on it haha. So im not sure if i want to go up to a #1 hook size. Unless the larger hooks are for the smaller fish...?

7 hours ago, Mephiose said:

Well i tried a medium 6 hook and got spooled within seconds on my 7.5kg setup with 350m line on it haha. So im not sure if i want to go up to a #1 hook size. Unless the larger hooks are for the smaller fish...?

No opposite actually lol. However hook size is designed for baits used and type of fish your targeting. If you have 350m line you should be able to walk the fish anywhere. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mephiose said:

i can walk it nearly everywhere unless it goes around the island :(

Lol the island looks like you can’t follow it but you can easily walk and follow it either up or down the lake. I only ever had 200m line and never a problem to walk around the island from cold swamp

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Old Burg on maggot, decided to land it whatever it takes! Check my tackle :)

Spoiler

B1301D34-046D-4A64-BD45-D18041F99A6F.png

Spoiler

B16F6902-E2C8-4327-A9A4-7C364CD44A95.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Avenir said:

Old Burg on maggot, decided to land it whatever it takes! Check my tackle :)

Spoiler

B1301D34-046D-4A64-BD45-D18041F99A6F.png

Spoiler

B16F6902-E2C8-4327-A9A4-7C364CD44A95.png

Awesome! A grass carp that big takes line of a 22kg reel, it must have been a hell of a fight on a lacerti

27 minutes ago, PL69 said:

Awesome! A grass carp that big takes line of a 22kg reel, it must have been a hell of a fight on a lacerti

Took me about 30 real minutes :). 

I think this is the only setup to make profit of grass carps lol. I paid 10 silver to fix the reel and 4 silver for a new line. Sold this carp for 36 silver

• Like 1

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9979_20180525_214830.thumb.png.6027ada20005d3301748b86b6455034e.png

caught at 46:60 on bear lake

using method feeders with standard carp groundbait and salmon 20 boilies

hook was a deadly loop 1/0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayJay89 said:

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9979_20180525_214830.thumb.png.6027ada20005d3301748b86b6455034e.png

caught at 46:60 on bear lake

using method feeders with standard carp groundbait and salmon 20 boilies

hook was a deadly loop 1/0

wow , congrats

• Like 1

Forgot to post this, my best trophy carp yet on an inline rig with 0 points in it just before comp started. Was at location in recent bear lake post, north of the lake using potato / grass/black mix

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10498_20180819_105710.png