Those last days on Sura have been interesting. Thank you very much to @tonio for infos .
A good variety of fishes and some good trophies were caught.
Location: 44:37 White Lake
Casting: 40/45m clip, aiming the big tree
Rigs: baitfish rig, loop rig, texas rig
Baitfishes: gudgeons, bleaks, white breams, ruffes, roaches, perches
Lures: Syberia Real Minnow 4-001 and the fluo green shad (sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot, don't know the exact reference)
Groundbaits: white bream mix, and custom mix made with zebra mussels+crab and mussels+chopped worms
Baits: Crab & mussels 14/18, Atlantic mussels 14/18, Halibut 14, nightcrawlers, bloodworms, algaes
Fishes caught: zanders, volga zanders, burbots, sterlets, wild/common carps, silver carps, blue breams, white breams, white-eye breams, pikes, catfishes, breams
Results and review:
- The best period is from 6:00pm to 10:00am the next day. There's a dead period from around 01:00pm to 06:00pm.
- Good café orders for trophy zanders, small/medium and trophy volga zanders.
- There are many volga zanders, they're quite abundant. Several trophies were caught, 2 for me. Mostly all caught on baitfishes, but they go well on soft lures like shads and real minnows.
- There's a good number of zanders too, 2 trophies also. One caught on Real Minnow 4-001, the second on white bream.
- Some sterlets can be encountered. I caught a 4.2kg one on Real Minnow 4-001, some other smaller. They bite also on nightcrawler.
- Wild and common carps reacted well to Atlantic mussels 14/18, Crab & mussels 14/18, Halibut 14. They seem to like algaes aswell.
- Blue breams seem to be active. Not caught big ones, but there's potential I think.
- Silver carps biting on algaes.