Please see some examples of possible set-ups you might want to try to get once you reach certain level in the game. Those are good quality gear for adequate level and you might want to give it a try when buying new fishing equipment. Please keep in mind that there are different rods and reels available that you might like more - those are ONLY examples of some set-ups that might help some players to choose their rods and reels.
Rod level 8 - Express Fishing Red Stick RS23 (Telescopic rod)
2.5 star quality Telescopic rod - 7m long with test 2-16 g and load capacity of 8.5 kg. For this rod I would use Mono Original 6.8 kg line 100m.
Rod level 16- Syberia Model One T700 (Telescopic rod)
3.5 star quality Telescopic rod - 7m long with 7-80g test and load capacity of 11.5 kg. For this rod I would use Snake Ultra Line 8.7 kg line 100m.
Rod level 22 - Falcon TL 800 (Telescopic rod)
4-star quality Telescopic rod 8m long with 3-15g test and load capacity of 22kg. For this rod I would use Snake Ultra Line 19.1 kg 100m. This is an excellent rod for targeting large fish species such as carp.
Rod level 18 - Model One Match M140MH (Match rod)
Reel level 16- Proton PRO 6000 (Spinning reel)
3.5 star quality Match rod 4.2 m long with 7-35g test and load capacity of 16kg.
3.5 star quality Reel with spool size of 6000 and max drag of 9.5kg.
For this rod and reel, I would use Snake Ultra Line 14kg 300 m
Rod level 30 - Rebellion Match 420H ( Match rod)
Reel level 26 - Everest 2 8000s (Spinning reel)
4.5-star quality Match rod 4.2 m long with 12-36g test and max load capacity of 41.5 kg - In my opinion the best match rod in the game at the moment. This amazing rod gives you 2 different bonuses: +5% to "Float fishing " skill and + 2 to the " Using a rig with the waggler ability".
3.5-star quality spinning reel with spool size of 8000 and max drag od 22kg.
For this rod and reel, I would use Ultra line 28.2kg - please note that this is only a wise choice when fishing in smaller lakes as you will only have around 112m of line on your spool. But using this mono line will save you some silver when it comes to the repairs. If you need more line you can use braided line + leader instead. This is a very strong setup for targeting a large fish species.
Rod level 8 - Express Fishing Persey FD140 (Feeder rod)
Reel level 8 - Sputnik Element Pro 4000 Spinning reel)
-Express Fishing Persey FD140 - is 2.5 star quality rod, this model length is 4.4m and test is 20-110g. With this rod you will be able to cast on fairly long distances.
-Sputnik Element PRO 4000 - is a 3 star quality spinning reel with spool size 4000 and max drag 6.5 kg. For this set-up I went with Simmons Mono Original line 18 LB 350m , but this is my personal preference.
Rod level 13 - Syberia Sentense FD340 MH (Feeder rod)
Reel level 12 - Sputnik Proton 6000 (Spinning reel)
-Syberia Sentense FD340MH - 3 star quality feeder rod with test 15 - 80g. Length of this rod is 3.4m. Load capacity 25kg. Very good rod with elastic blank that will help you to target even larger carp or tench.
-Sputnik Proton 6000 - 3 star quality spinning reel with spool size of 6000 and max drag 8.5kg. For this set-up I went with Simmons Mono Original 25LB 350m.
Rod level 15 - Syberia Model Two FD420H (Feeder rod)
Reel level 20 - Sputnik Alfa 8000 (Spinning reel)
- Syberia Model Two FD420H - 3.5 star quality feeder rod with test 30 -150g. This feeder got length of 4.2m Load capacity is 26.5kg. It is excellent choice for medium size species and carp fishing.
- Sputnik Alfa 8000 - 4 star quality reel with spool size of 8000 and max drag of 14.5kg . Excellent reel for the price, it can be used for bottom fishing and spinning. I am confident that you can use this reel even when targeting trophy carp at Bear Lake. For this set-up I used Snake Ultra Line 42LB BLU 300m - but again this is my personal preference.
Rod level 16 - Syberia Fortuna Carp 360 XH ( Carp rod)
Reel level 26 - Zeiman Z- Series 60S ( Spinning reel)
- Syberia Fortuna Carp 360 XH - 3.5 star quality carp rod with test 35-160g and load capacity 39.5kg. This powerful rod - length 3.6 m allows very long casting distance. This rod is excellent choice when targeting large fish like Carp, Russian Sturgeon or Catfish.
- Zeiman Z- Series 60S - 4.5 star quality spinning reel with spool size of 6000 and max drag 16.5kg. For this set-up ( Fishing at Sura river) I went with Simmons DevilBraid 58LB Green Xl and Simmons Mono Orig leader FD 55 LB. This very good quality reel that can be used when targeting medium and large fish species.
Rod level 20 - Westhill Wingate FF130XH (Feeder rod)
Reel level 26 - Trident Major 2 Ltd 6000s (Spinning reel)
- Westhill Wingate FF130XH - 4 star quality feeder rod with extra bonus +1 to the "Fishing with a feeder rod" ability - this bonus is giving a player extra skill point with casting distance, accuracy and control of the fish when fishing with this feeder rod. This excellent rod got 40-150g test and load capacity of 34kg. With this feeder rod you will be able to target even larger species in the game.
-Trident Major Ltd 2 6000s - 4 star quality reel with spools size 6000 and max drag of 19kg. This reel will help you to land even large fish species in the game. For this set-up I used Snake Ultra line 42LB Blue 300m but if you need more line on spool, you could use braided line and add mono or fluorocarbon leader to your set-up.
Rod level 16 - Syberia Model One Picker 300MH (Picker rod)
Reel level 16 - Syberia Sabre 60s (Spinning reel)
- Syberia Model One Picker 300MH - 3.5 star quality picker rod with test 9-41g and load capacity of 26kg. Very good rod to target small and medium size fish species.
-- Syberia Sabre 60s - 3 star quality reel with spool size 6000 and max drag 10kg. Very popular reel that is used by many players. For this set-up I used Snake Power line 28LB GRN 300 m. With this reel you will be able to land small to medium size fish species.
Rod level 24 - Westhill Bunessan Picker PF98XH (Picker rod)
Reel level 20 - Zeiman Comandor 40S (Spinning reel)
- Westhill Bunessan Picker PF98XH (Picker rod) - 4 star picker rod with test 12-45gr and load capacity 15kg. Excellent rod with extra bonuses (+ 2 to the "Using a loop rig; +2 Using paternoster rig and +2 Using an in-line rig abilities" ). With those extra bonus points, this is an excellent choice for targeting small and medium size trophy fish species.
- Zeiman Commandor 40s - 4 star quality reel with spool size 4000 and max drag 11kg. This well build spinning reel can be used not only for bottom fishing but also for fishing with float and spin fishing. For this set-up I used Snake Power Braided line 39LB SMO 300m with fluorocarbon leader FD30LB.
Rod lvl 32 - Legacy Ti 13.-4.50 - Carp rod
Reel lvl 30 - Venga 10000 - Spinning Reel
- Legacy Ti 13.-4.50 - Carp rod - 5-star carp rod - the stronger bottom fishing rod in the game atm. Test 70-220g and load capacity 80.5kg. This is an excellent rod with +7% bottom fishing skill and + 3% to the fishing with carp rod bonuses. Best rod to cast for large distance and to target even very big fish species. This rod is also very good for bait fishing as the est is 220g.
- Venga 10000 - 5 star spinning reel with max drag 32kg. Very strong reel with 10000 spool. This reel will allow you to use mono line more often when fishing at different water bodies.
For this setup, I would use min 36kg monoline ( to get as much line as possible) or if needed 45kg braided line.
SPINNING AND BAITCASTING:
Rod Level 16 - Onega Ethnic SPM68UL ( UL spinning rod) - ULTRA LIGHT SETUP
Reel level 20 - Sputnik Alpha 1000 ( spinning reel) - ULTRA LIGHT SETUP
- Onega Ethnic SPM68UL - 4-star quality spinning rod UL for ultra light setup with test 1-5 g.
- Sputnik Alpha 1000 - 4-star quality spinning reel with test 1g - an excellent choice for ultra light setup.
For this setup I chose an Extra Silk 4kg braided line, you will need to also add fluorocarbon leader for more effective fishing. I would suggest a 3-4kg leader.
Rod level 10 - Syberia Linear S88H (Spinning rod)
Reel level 12 - Sputnik Proton 6000 (Spinning reel)
- Syberia Linear S88H - 2 star spinning rod with test 12- 45g and load capacity 15.5 kg. This rod model had length of 2.7m that is why you can use it in limited space but also if needed cats on fairly long distances. Optimal rod for targeting small and medium size predator fish species.
- Sputnik Proton 6000 - 3 star quality spinning reel with spool size of 6000 and max drag 8.5kg. Optimal spinning reel for all occasions. For this set-up I used Simmons ExtraSilk Braided line-30 LB Bl Xl 300m and fluorocarbon leader 11.5 kg.
Rod level 12 - Syberia Super Duty S88H (Spinning rod)
Reel level 16 - Sputnik Proton PRO 6000 (Spinning reel)
- Syberia Super Duty S88H - 2.5 star spinning rod with test 14-70g and load capacity 24.5 kg. This model length is 2.7m what make is perfect fro casting in limited space or on fairly longer distances. This is perfect rod for targeting medium or larger predatory fish species like pike.
- Sputnik Proton PRO 6000 - 3.5 star quality spinning reel with spool size 6000 and max drag 9.5kg. Another excellent reel for all occasions. For this set-up I went with Simmmons Extra SIlk 34LB Bl Xl 300m and Simmons Steel Leader 15 kg (targeting a pike).
Rod level 26 - Heaven Creek Evora CST CSSL98H (Casting rod)
Reel level 30 - Zeiman ZM- Steelness ZMS60 (Baitcasting reel)
- Heaven Creek Evora CST CSSL98H - 4 star casting rod with 12-60g test and load capacity 49.5kg. This rod gives an extra bonus +10% to casting distance. This is excellent rod for targeting medium and large predatory fish. With extra bonus this rod gives you a chance to cast baits at long distances.
- Zeiman ZM- Steelness ZMS60 - 4.5 star baitcasting reel with spool size of 6000 and max drag 17.5 kg. This excellent baitcasting reel for all occasions. This reel have a light spool what makes it perfect baitcasting reel for casting at longer distances with even relativity lighter baits. For this set-up (fishing at Kuori lake) I used Snake Power Braid 39LB SMO 300m and Simmons Pure fluorocarbon leader 38LB.
Few important informations:
- Please remember that rod should be the strongest point in your set-up and line or leader should be the weakest.
- When choosing your line please check your max rod capacity, spool size of your reel and max drag of your reel, you also should consider wear damage of your tackle and always check the whole set-up that you are using before starting fishing.
- Remember that better quality equipment (more stars) wears of slower, so you not need to repair it or replace it as fast as lower quality equipment but you might need to pay a bit more once you will repair or replace parts of your equipment.
- Using braided line makes your equipment wears off faster. When using mono line your fishing equipment wears off slower but you will have a less line on the spool.