Jump to content
Denis RF4

Old Burg Lake

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Goregrinder said:

 

Your screenshot seems to not work :(.

Ah  .. tried to edit it and it bugged out. Thanks for the heads up! Guess I'll repost it

 

Spoiler

rare tench-.png

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first trophy eel. 47:21, fish piece. Good weather for eels, 9°, raining.

 

Fish:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.72b33928b4c8175b16fdf03bbf77a0fe.png

 

Spot:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.651796c013f00a4c19326a227815a26c.png

 

Setup:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.19c57acfce906e1e576ec0e3d8eb2ae2.png

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I`m currently testing a decent bream spot.
61:40 casting in to 2,5 m hole - pea/garlic dough/redworm.
Hook 12 - 8 with bream/white bream groundbait.
Russian forum confirms same spot with trophies for normal bream.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing for a bit now and really enjoying the game, Old Burg even though one of the most used lakes in the game is one of my favorite spots I can access so far.

Here are some screenshots I've taken!

 

Spoiler

used (2).jpg

 

 

Spoiler

used (7).jpg

 

 

Spoiler

20181118011703_1.jpg

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:12 AM, bart86pl said:

I`m currently testing a decent bream spot.
61:40 casting in to 2,5 m hole - pea/garlic dough/redworm.
Hook 12 - 8 with bream/white bream groundbait.
Russian forum confirms same spot with trophies for normal bream.

 

Any follow up for this? My experience always showed that the Russians have different hot spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leivite said:

 

Any follow up for this? My experience always showed that the Russians have different hot spots.

 

I tried the 61:40 spot just after bart86pl broadcast it, and had poor results.

No disrespect to bart86pl as any info regarding new spots/areas and tactics are welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I confirm, for me the bream spot is very poor already. I did have a great session just after posting (no trophies but still) but later it ended. 

I`m still not 100% sure if Russian server has different hotspots ans I pretty much can see better results in the places they r posting. 

Still would like to hear at some point from the devs if we are just making fool out ourselves with chasing same spots or we on to something ;) 

Edited by bart86pl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where did all the fish go? I gave the game a break after hardly catching anything for a few days and then come back to the same thing again sitting here only catching small carp types? I've fished different spots and got the same thing, I used to catch a decent amount, never a lot but some and now very little?

 

Edited by Defyled On Youtube
grammar issues
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys :) After the last update i can't catch any Tench... Can someone tell me a coordinate for Tench and did it still work with worm/redworm ? Good luck everyone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zvezdelin said:

Hey guys :) After the last update i can't catch any Tench... Can someone tell me a coordinate for Tench and did it still work with worm/redworm ? Good luck everyone :)

I just caught a 5kg Tench over there and Im not going back  😪 I unlocked Old Burg a few days ago and have been 3 times. Each time I had to chase fish all around the lake lol. Im always worried about the wear and tear on my reel and figured stay away from big baits I should be okay but I only had a maggot on when the Tench took it. I swear that any fish over 2kg at that place, pre-book long haul flights. Im not going back until I can afford to buy a seine trawler and crew, or at least a good quality reel that doesnt need the brake on infinity :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Billie MCJingles said:

I just caught a 5kg Tench over there and Im not going back  😪 I unlocked Old Burg a few days ago and have been 3 times. Each time I had to chase fish all around the lake lol. Im always worried about the wear and tear on my reel and figured stay away from big baits I should be okay but I only had a maggot on when the Tench took it. I swear that any fish over 2kg at that place, pre-book long haul flights. Im not going back until I can afford to buy a seine trawler and crew, or at least a good quality reel that doesnt need the brake on infinity :)

I would suggest trying algae and nightcrawlers, and just to keep down the size of the hook with the algae so you don't hook a grass carp.

Edited by Crucian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 5:00 PM, Crucian said:

I would suggest trying algae and nightcrawlers, and just to keep down the size of the hook with the algae so you don't hook a grass carp.

Unfortunately I don't have access to those just yet but I took your advice and went back to Burg with smaller hooks and it was fine. I still think Burg is out of my league at present. I still have a lot to learn about fishing and tackle choices. For instance; For the past few days I have been pondering over a new reel to pair with my Kama Comfort spinning rod but today I caught a 10.6kg common carp on my heaviest feeder and wondered how the heck I got away with it.

I have watched countless videos and read the forum posts about balanced set ups and it all seemed to make sense until I sat down and looked at what just happened.

 

My heaviest feeder set up is

Kama Fantazia: Load capacity 14.5kg

Syberia Dragon Reel: Load capacity 6kg

Indiana line: load capacity 5kg

Common Carp; 10.662kg

 

Now I was in no hurry to wind it in and didn't try to bully it. I was cautious with the drag increase and decrease during the battle and wound in line when I could. The whole affair took 50 minutes real time lol and when I saw the weight of the darn thing I couldn't believe it. More than twice the capacity of the line and 60% more than the reel. How's that work then??

 

I had intended to buy the Syberia Sabre at 9 or 10kg max drag to go with my spinning rod which is 11.5 kg max but now I find that a bit worrying. Even pairing it with another Syberia dragon at 6kg drag seems a bit dodgy based on today's experience.

Dashing off to the next lake as soon as I unlock it is suicidal lol. At the moment I am content to learn Mosquito lake and the starting ponds like the back of my hand, learn about species, baits, different fishing pegs around the lakes at different times and weather conditions etc. Build up my tackle knowledge and practical experience without throwing cash away and developing all the side skills. The odd trip to new lakes for a gentle foray will be fun but not a criteria for me.

This fishing lark is way too confusing at the moment and there is so much to learn but its great fun and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Billie MCJingles said:

Unfortunately I don't have access to those just yet but I took your advice and went back to Burg with smaller hooks and it was fine. I still think Burg is out of my league at present. I still have a lot to learn about fishing and tackle choices. For instance; For the past few days I have been pondering over a new reel to pair with my Kama Comfort spinning rod but today I caught a 10.6kg common carp on my heaviest feeder and wondered how the heck I got away with it.

I have watched countless videos and read the forum posts about balanced set ups and it all seemed to make sense until I sat down and looked at what just happened.

 

My heaviest feeder set up is

Kama Fantazia: Load capacity 14.5kg

Syberia Dragon Reel: Load capacity 6kg

Indiana line: load capacity 5kg

Common Carp; 10.662kg

 

Now I was in no hurry to wind it in and didn't try to bully it. I was cautious with the drag increase and decrease during the battle and wound in line when I could. The whole affair took 50 minutes real time lol and when I saw the weight of the darn thing I couldn't believe it. More than twice the capacity of the line and 60% more than the reel. How's that work then??

 

I had intended to buy the Syberia Sabre at 9 or 10kg max drag to go with my spinning rod which is 11.5 kg max but now I find that a bit worrying. Even pairing it with another Syberia dragon at 6kg drag seems a bit dodgy based on today's experience.

Dashing off to the next lake as soon as I unlock it is suicidal lol. At the moment I am content to learn Mosquito lake and the starting ponds like the back of my hand, learn about species, baits, different fishing pegs around the lakes at different times and weather conditions etc. Build up my tackle knowledge and practical experience without throwing cash away and developing all the side skills. The odd trip to new lakes for a gentle foray will be fun but not a criteria for me.

This fishing lark is way too confusing at the moment and there is so much to learn but its great fun and I am thoroughly enjoying myself.

 

Smaller hooks will bring smaller fish, but Old Burgh can definitely still be a daunting experience.  What you described is a solid idea. Learning Mosquito will get you used to learning maps and be invaluable as you progress in the game.  Speaking of which, that should always be your first move when you got to a new area.  Get the map.  It will help you decide where to start.  As for your fight with the carp, great job!!  That one can be put in the luck category.  Following the guides on the brake bar and keeping an eye on the alerts above it on the right will help you to keep from damaging your tackle.  For your setup, the fish would have spooled you and the line would break because it was the weakest link.  Normally that is how you want your setup to be.  You don't have to be quite as cautious, but Rod>reel>line is a solid bet.  I am very glad to hear you are enjoying yourself.  To be sure there are some monsters lurking at Old Burgh and even some decent sized fish at Winding Rivulet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After looking for Tench at 47:20 and a lot little fishes i catch this trophy Gibel Carp with my first records :) But not longer after that i destroy my 9kg rod with some heavy fish... :( Good luck everyone and happy holidays :)

 

Spoiler

dsadsa.png

 

 

Spoiler

ifgh.png

 

 

Spoiler

ere.png

 

Edited by Crucian
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 h and 50 min session: first spot 37:62 with 2 rods for common carp with coconut and cream 16 or potatoes for black carp and grass carp and baitfish crucian and gibel for pike at night i change with cornmeal or potatoes (spin fishing works too)  and second spot with 1 rod potatoes for grass carp and black carp very active the 2 spots and lot of fun too silver are very decent..i think for the first spot tench are active too with Nc or cheese..for the fisrt spot clip 13 and second spot clip 16..enjoy.

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115146.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115226.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115450.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115526.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115804.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_122603.png

 

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_115457.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there!

 

With the advices of @amun24 ;) (take a look at his post), I had great time too at Old Burg, fishing a bit differently.

For me it was 2 feeders + 1 spinning with topwater lures. There are many good pikes there! Works well with baitfishes.

I aimed the duckweed patch on the left for carps. Got nice carps and on tropy tench.

About the topwater lures, I cast directly on lilies/duckweeds/reeds. No problem if the lure lands on the ground on the overside. It's important to begin the "walk the dog" near the border.

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_012233.thumb.png.4fa10e12c76b453c5b1416c4b462c58e.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_004003.thumb.png.e1ac017a7f2752fc6222065e0db7550c.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11419_20190112_020512.thumb.png.873869d232f47cba8b187dc9c53873e6.png

 

Edited by Goregrinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...