Jump to content
RF4mod

Old Burg Lake

Recommended Posts

I just got to this location. First hour I hooked a fish that I fought for 4 game hours then lost. Then I hooked and landed my pb- a 3.5kg pike. Those were both on lures [5.5kg setup], then I tried [5.5kg] Bolognese rig since my Telestic is pathetically under-powered here. 2nd fish hooked on the Bolognese spooled me- never even saw it so I don't know what it was. 

So my question- what would you recommend for a proper setup for Old Burg-- spinning and float?  Models are helpful but mainly I'm looking for kg ratings. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fishnatic said:

I just got to this location. First hour I hooked a fish that I fought for 4 game hours then lost. Then I hooked and landed my pb- a 3.5kg pike. Those were both on lures [5.5kg setup], then I tried [5.5kg] Bolognese rig since my Telestic is pathetically under-powered here. 2nd fish hooked on the Bolognese spooled me- never even saw it so I don't know what it was. 

So my question- what would you recommend for a proper setup for Old Burg-- spinning and float?  Models are helpful but mainly I'm looking for kg ratings. Thanks!

Spinning: 7,5-10kg should be enough to land everything, except for trophy pike, without too much of a hustle.
Float: id say 7,5kg and if you hook into a grass carp just open the reel and hope it gets off the hook ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grunzor said:

Spinning: 7,5-10kg should be enough to land everything, except for trophy pike, without too much of a hustle.
Float: id say 7,5kg and if you hook into a grass carp just open the reel and hope it gets off the hook ;)

And what hooks and baits do one need on that float setup to actually catch anything bigger than 500gr. I have been on Old Burg a while and only catch panfish. I'm so tired of one panfish after another. I have tried up to 6 hooks. Baits I tried maggots , worms , bark beetle larva , bread , semonila , casters , cheese , potatoes. But just betwen 50g and 500g fish is all I catch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully you'll get responses from people with more experience but I fished a couple hours last night and got larger carp- nothing over 3kg yet but mostly in the 1-2.5kg range plus a few grass carp, using potatoes on a size 14 hook. I have a suspicion that the spot where you fish determines the size of the fish, at least somewhat. One spot I got bigger carp is-- cross the bridge, turn left and go down quite a ways to where there are a couple of big dead trees in the water with lots of lily pads. Roughly 1.1m deep. This is a spot where I got 2 fish I couldn't land with 5.5kg gear. Now I have a 9kg float rig and 7.5 spinning. Yet to be broken off with them but I'm sure it'll happen soon- big fish in that lake!

Edited by Fishnatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarshallMaz said:

And what hooks and baits do one need on that float setup to actually catch anything bigger than 500gr. I have been on Old Burg a while and only catch panfish. I'm so tired of one panfish after another. I have tried up to 6 hooks. Baits I tried maggots , worms , bark beetle larva , bread , semonila , casters , cheese , potatoes. But just betwen 50g and 500g fish is all I catch

Depending on your level and your gear, you can opt for hooks #8-#2/0 with boilies, redworms, nightcrawlers, peas, lettuce or corn. Those type of baits tend to attract bigger fish.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good spot is up in the bay. Cross the bridge turn right and follow it all the way round till you come to a little bridge crossing the entrance to the bay. Go in the bay to spot 61.14 and try a size 2 hook with corn on for tench and carp . Also at night you can get the odd eel there too. I caught a few on night crawler's and pieces of fish on a size 12 hook. Once you in the bay people will more than likely tell you what is biting and on what bait . It's a good spot the bay has when you hook into a big fish you can fight it within the bay so it gives you a great chance of landing it...Good luck  Marshallmaz.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oui bon spot pour la pêche en GHI 8-9.

on y attrape aussi bien de la carpe ( commune,  black, crucian , gibel ) de l'anguille , gardon commun.

Appât : tout type de ver, patate, fromage fonctionne bien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 good spots that works very well at the moment :

53:13

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9219_20180114_155034.thumb.png.89f31f492dccd9a9a740606964fbb965.pngrf4_4.0.9219_20180114_121950.thumb.png.5ac956a774a163fd567cf34d64a7aad3.pngrf4_4.0.9219_20180116_080609.thumb.png.35b69e7186075dde039467c024b35986.png

16-68 :

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9219_20180114_130027.thumb.png.23ee6374891c90b56b041f33fb1c009a.png

Grass and black carps on potato, gibel on algae, crucian on redworm. Be careful, i got a 3Kg carp on tele with... bloodworm, and a 13Kg carp with a simple worm  ^^ also grass carps like to steal the cheese reserved for the tenches :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blood01 said:

2 good spots that works very well at the moment :

53:13

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180114_155034.thumb.png.89f31f492dccd9a9a740606964fbb965.pngrf4_4.0.9219_20180114_121950.thumb.png.5ac956a774a163fd567cf34d64a7aad3.pngrf4_4.0.9219_20180116_080609.thumb.png.35b69e7186075dde039467c024b35986.png

16-68 :

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180114_130027.thumb.png.23ee6374891c90b56b041f33fb1c009a.png

Grass and black carps on potato, gibel on algae, crucian on redworm. Be careful, i got a 3Kg carp on tele with... bloodworm, and a 13Kg carp with a simple worm  ^^ also grass carps like to steal the cheese reserved for the tenches :)

Thank you, I'll give it a try tonight :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest Crucian ever In the game I got at cold swamp :)

I plan to go try out black carp tomorrow. I’ve yet to catch one. Cold swamp just don’t have any for me lol.

Spoiler

DC87B012-15A2-4DCF-A8C2-751C1F13F972.png

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one Enzo. Not tried bottom fishing in that spot yet, in fact I am currently back in Mosquito just realy starting to level that skill. (mostly with Pearl Barley and Bream species)  Still only around 9% as yet as I have done mostly float and spinning up to level 21. Not managed a Crucian over something like 2.4kg with float so far, so look forward to getting bottom fishing skills up and see what I have been missing all this time, Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blood01 said:

♫♫ Black Magic woman ♪  Got a black magic woman ♪♫ ..... xD

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9289_20180120_102847.thumb.png.70ea83ccee6bd2d5e21094649c8822a5.png

53:13 potato ;)

 

OMG!!!!!! O__O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey everyone,

I'm mostly feeder fishing in old burg, and i was looking for catfish and burbot, so i was bottom fishing in the biggest hole of the map, with nightcrawler and cutbait when almost three times in a raw the line was cut by teeth! I'm using the cheapest super line.

Anyone knows what species of fish can cut the line with teeth? Are catfish bread with wolves in Russia? O_o

Then i switched to braid, i know that it's not the best with bottom fishing but, is braid resistant to teeth as it is in real life? and is there another option to avoid tooth break?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randall said:

hey everyone,

I'm mostly feeder fishing in old burg, and i was looking for catfish and burbot, so i was bottom fishing in the biggest hole of the map, with nightcrawler and cutbait when almost three times in a raw the line was cut by teeth! I'm using the cheapest super line.

Anyone knows what species of fish can cut the line with teeth? Are catfish bread with wolves in Russia? O_o

Then i switched to braid, i know that it's not the best with bottom fishing but, is braid resistant to teeth as it is in real life? and is there another option to avoid tooth break?

 

Hey man, catfish will cut your line with the teeth when you're bottom fishing and when spinning pike for example, that's why you put leaders on!

Good luck.

Edited by Yoman2822

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yoman2822 said:

Hey man, catfish will cut your line with the teeth when you're bottom fishing and when spinning pike for example, that's why you put leaders on!

Good luck.

Ho ok thanks, yeah pike i know for sure but i was surprised for the catfish, in my country they are not big enough to cut mono or fuoro (and even big ones around the world should not cut your line, catfish they got loads of teeth but they are very small, it grips not cut any prey or dead fish), and i can't put leader on my bottom rig, not yet at least. So i guess braid is not that bad ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any good tench spots ?? using groundbait for tench and what hook size is good for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else have it at times were the fish just arnt there, goes for other lakes were it just goes dead. Do they click a button and say you’ve caught your 15 fish, play again tommorow. Can’t say it’s migration, seeing as though I try 20 other locations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/01/2018 at 11:28 AM, Randall said:

Ho ok thanks, yeah pike i know for sure but i was surprised for the catfish, in my country they are not big enough to cut mono or fuoro (and even big ones around the world should not cut your line, catfish they got loads of teeth but they are very small, it grips not cut any prey or dead fish), and i can't put leader on my bottom rig, not yet at least. So i guess braid is not that bad ^_^

Braid, fire line, is top market line. I use it in real life so ofcoarse I’m gunna use it on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KeNeK said:

any good tench spots ?? using groundbait for tench and what hook size is good for them?

hey Kenek, for me tench = lily  pads, so everywhere you can find them there is possibly some tench, here are 3 spots where i found them good;       16:68    71:52     61:14

As groundbait i can't make the tench mix so i use the ready-made groundbait with:   Ground cracker, Corn, Sunflower oil. And a lot of times i don't even use it, if they bite good right away.

For the hook size i use 8 to 12, but i don't know if this is the best of the best range.

And finaly as baits i found that Casters works even beter than cheese but i use both anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Randall said:

hey Kenek, for me tench = lily  pads, so everywhere you can find them there is possibly some tench, here are 3 spots where i found them good;       16:68    71:52     61:14

As groundbait i can't make the tench mix so i use the ready-made groundbait with:   Ground cracker, Corn, Sunflower oil. And a lot of times i don't even use it, if they bite good right away.

For the hook size i use 8 to 12, but i don't know if this is the best of the best range.

And finaly as baits i found that Casters works even beter than cheese but i use both anyway.

I'd like to add you can get them on corn sometimes, but cheese or maggots are better.
It's good to try it during cloudy nights, or better rainy ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the fight of my life, I learned how to use ground bait and throw it and suddenly my fishing was awesome again. Except.. this brute of a fish hit the wrong rod!

Most risky catch award, 8lb line, 3kg reel, Sorento FD100. over 30 minute battle lol

Also do pictures automatically go hidden? Sorry if it doesn't I don't know how to manually make them hidden content.

Light tackle craziness

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180123_111813.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180123_111831.png

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I had the fight of my life, I learned how to use ground bait and throw it and suddenly my fishing was awesome again. Except.. this brute of a fish hit the wrong rod!

Most risky catch award, 8lb line, 3kg reel, Sorento FD100. over 30 minute battle lol

Also do pictures automatically go hidden? Sorry if it doesn't I don't know how to manually make them hidden content.

Light tackle craziness

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9289_20180123_111813.png

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9289_20180123_111831.png

 

You can be proud of your catch! grass carp of that size can give a challenge even to strong setups!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caught these yesterday and today.

New PB for Black Carp and first ever trophy Roach and Tench :D

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9289_20180123_195459.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9316_20180124_122123.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9316_20180124_145612.png

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...