darkneon2002

Wear on equipment % displayed

I think wear on all equipment is displayed wrong in the info tab. It only shows the wear on the main part and not in overall giving the angler a wrong idea of the state and actual capacity of his gear. Since the wear on every single part lowers the capacity or strength of gear, I believe it would be best to show the total wear %.

As you can see in pictures below one of my rods would have 4.7% but in reality it has 22.2% and therefor it's down to about 30kg capacity and not 37kg!

image.png.eeaff080cfe3fb400c98afd70a7c7c76.png

image.png.b15099493b74e8934b575d0e3a44f929.png

The same for reels! 
Below you can see my Tagara 6000 at 9.1% but in reality it has 23.9% wear! Losing not 1kg strength but 4.44kg!image.png.4a07053411786796eda657765a51ed8f.png

image.png.251de3d452775be51297bdb43553b332.png

I agree it would be nice to show the actual capacity you are down to, but I don't think it adds up the way you think. For example the line guides, I don't think they influence the capacity of the rod at all, just the resistance/wear the line gets while casting and reeling in.

Also with your method you would get over 100% if say 3 parts are at 50%?

Moderators, correct me if I'm wrong 😉 of course i don't know the facts but this is what I guess.

8 minutes ago, Darkje said:

I agree it would be nice to show the actual capacity you are down to, but I don't think it adds up the way you think. For example the line guides, I don't think they influence the capacity of the rod at all, just the resistance/wear the line gets while casting and reeling in.

Also with your method you would get over 100% if say 3 parts are at 50%?

Moderators, correct me if I'm wrong 😉 of course i don't know the facts but this is what I guess.

Actually it does see this post: 

image.thumb.png.0b69a8e900b972802819045a43b59dd5.png

Yea I've read that too, but interpreted it like: the mech will break easier when the reel is used with friction locked, not like the friction capacity is reduced when the mech is worn.

Let's hope someone will care to explain 🙂 a bit more accurate, seems a bit odd wear on the rings would reduce the capacity of the rod.

45 minutes ago, Darkje said:

Let's hope someone will care to explain 🙂 a bit more accurate, seems a bit odd wear on the rings would reduce the capacity of the rod.

I read somewhere that wear on the line guides causes line to wear faster.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darkje said:

27 minutes ago, JaggedRiz said:

I read somewhere that wear on the line guides causes line to wear faster.

Here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

wear on line guides does not affect the rods load capacity it only affects wear on the line therefore in your example the rod would be at 35.26