LadyofGames

Spin Bait Casting Q&A

1 hour ago, Levo said:

Hi Zvezdelin

No, you can't do that. You can't use bottom fish rod - carp rod, feeder rod and picker rod for spinning. I am afraid you might want to buy separate spinning and bottom fishing rod.

Regards

Levo

Thank you, Levo! Good luck :)

So i decided to make second accont purely for spinning and with premium im already at lvl 20...but now exp needed is alot more and would like to ask for info on exp gain when you only use 4kg drag UL setup.  Wich water body and what type of fish would be best for leveling faster? There is graylings and brown trout in Belaya...but they aint that often bites and huge chance to get spooled by some monsters there - is there any small fish that bites often and gives good exp(except perch/chub)?

7 hours ago, reelmeharder said:

So i decided to make second accont purely for spinning and with premium im already at lvl 20...but now exp needed is alot more and would like to ask for info on exp gain when you only use 4kg drag UL setup.  Wich water body and what type of fish would be best for leveling faster? There is graylings and brown trout in Belaya...but they aint that often bites and huge chance to get spooled by some monsters there - is there any small fish that bites often and gives good exp(except perch/chub)?

@reelmeharderWith a 4kg setup for UL spinning there is not a whole lot that will not strain your setup. I suppose Winding Rivulet and going after Ide/Asp/Pike might be ok, but you will still get some that strain that 4kg setup. On Belaya, grayling/brown trout do have a good bite rate, but you need a setup with a good casting distance to get them. Even then, a nice brownie is going to strain that setup. I would focus on Winding if I was going to stay with UL. Another option is to build a decent ML setup. You still get a 25% bonus, but fishing with it is much easier as it can handle most predatory fish except for the real monsters.

Just a friendly tip to all who jig and get tired of  all that action plus annoying engine monotone sound:   So maby its nothing new, but i discovered you can "troll"  wacky rigs in water body with current without engines on.   Like in volkhov, get to the dam/turn your boat in direction to the middle island/ throw both rigs in ~10m clip and enjoy peace and wait for zander/burbot to bite! Plus save your reel and mouse click alot!

As water current is perfect speed to slowly move worms on bottom! works like a charm :)

Edited by reelmeharder
  • Like 2

Can some mod post a list with mech breaking points for the spinning and casting reels?

I am particularly interested in the mech breaking point of the zeimann classic cst reel 23.5 kg, but would love to have the list of all reels ingame.

3 hours ago, Kingsie said:

Can some mod post a list with mech breaking points for the spinning and casting reels?

I am particularly interested in the mech breaking point of the zeimann classic cst reel 23.5 kg, but would love to have the list of all reels ingame.

@KingsieYou have been answered on Discord. We cannot tell you the exact breaking strain of each component. The information available to you in game is what we can divulge. You are welcome to test the claims of other players yourself, or find streamers using the gear you are interested in to get an idea of what they can handle.

2 hours ago, Tompasticni said:

Hi all i got one dilema, what stiffness to chose for what? Need some explenation, sorry for bad english and noobish question. Thanks

@Tompasticni

Hello sir, no problem at all. I think you`re referring to the stiffness of the rod, wich comes on a scale of 1 through 10. You want a rod stiff enough to not break when you are fighting a fish, but flexible enough that your line doesn't break if you put to much tension on the rod. Above all, pick a rod that you feel comfortable with, one that will suit your needs for the fish you will be targeting.

Regards, Butcher™

1 hour ago, MarshallMaz said:

A few questions from struggling beginner:

I have done only bottom fishing up to now and decided it's time for some lure fishing. Not having much silver I were able to get only a 6kg setup. I bought some spinners in 2 different sizes (7g and 16.5g) and different colors. As I am not allowed to use anything else than spinners that is the only lures I bought. I went to Winding Rivulet cause as I understand it that is the best starter lake for lure fishing. I started with the 16.5g spinners , but I changed their hook size to #6. They come with much bigger #1 hooks. Now my questions :

1. I do okish , but bite rate is rather low. In about 90 minutes real time I only caught 15 fish. Is this normal ? Or am I doing something wrong with the hook/spinner sizes at this lake ?
2. I only catch something during day time. At night I don't catch anything at all. Is this normal ?
3. I only catch perch and nothing else ? Can I not catch any other species on spinners ? ( Will I have to grind perch until 15% to use spoons ? )
4. Am I taking the correct route by starting at this specific lake with lures , or are there a better place given my overall level ? ( Info below )

Additional info :

- Color spinners I use: Silver, Red , Black with yellow spots
- Only used the 16.5g with #6 hooks as that's the best weight for my rod
- Tried various spots along the

west side where there are vegetation and trees in the water , haven't tried the east side yet.
- My overall character level: 20

- I did read the staff guide about spinning for beginners , but that doesn't really answer my questions. ( Except for spinners doesn't seem to work at night)
- Retrieve type I use 12 speed steady with occasional stop for the lure to sink a bit again.

If the lure experts can help me with some advice I will be grateful. Thanx

@MarshallMaz

1. Catching fish ingame depends on a lot of things as in real life like time of day, weather used setup etc.. To check if the #6 suits your spinner you can open your inventory and click on the spinner. Under "parameters" you`ll see a section called "Allowed hook sizes" wich tells you if the hook your using is suited for that spinner, but my guess it thats #6 is an oke size.

2. Spinfishing at night is most often worse then during the daytime, but using colors like blue and black you will catch some fish even at night.

3. You can catch a varity of fish on spinner, i.e. Pike, Zander, Chub, Asp, Brown trout, Grayling, lake trout etc., but each species has his own prefference of color and retrieval speed. Pike for instance likes lures with green, yellow and red colors, Grayling likes more the silver color. Retrieval speed for Pike is betweeb 10 - 20 but for some trout species it can get up to 40 - 50 so trying as many colors and speeds as you can and you will catch more fish and species.

4. Winding should be oke, but Belaya can be really good for spinning also, try every waterbody you have acces to.

Regards, Butcher™

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tompasticni said:

What stiffness is best for bait casting rod most trolling and using spoon? I know that stiffer is better for wobler. Thanks

@Tompasticni

I would reccomend stiffness 5 - 8.

Regards, Butcher™

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2018 at 2:19 PM, m3dic said:

Hey acrturus,

with the Ultra light setups you can definitely bring in bigger fish with just a bit of a longer fight, but they aren't made for fishing for big pike or salmon. They point of UL rods is to fish for more cautious fish that can get scared quite easily by line or big lures. Another reason many people use UL rods is because they wanna have fun fighting the fish and not just muscle them in. For example Lake Trout,  Grayling, Perch and even Zander are nice fish to target on UL.

Hi,

"...because they wanna have fun fighting the fish and not just muscle them in." -exactly this is what I am interested in! But how to fight a fish to not "muscle them in"? If the fish is small, I can just reel it in, but if it is big it will spool some line and I just wait until it will be tired and reel it in again. So please let me know how to "not just muscle them in"? I would really love If I was able e.g. turn the fish in the water to let it swimm in another direction or something, but either it is just a small fish so no fight or a big one and I can not turn it just waiting till it get tired, let him spool some line and after pull it in. (Does not matter if it is spinning or feeder.)

Thank you,

Z.

Hi, What is the best Reel for Spinning? 

How do you know which one it works for?

Thanks 

10 hours ago, aronpz said:

Hi, What is the best Reel for Spinning? 

How do you know which one it works for?

Thanks 

Hi there.  Your question is quite general, but there is a post here on the forums and a video by one of our admins that should help you get started.  Then if you have more specific questions we can try and assist you further.

Spoiler

Hi all! Just bought a new rod, zeiman legend and I wonder does that plus skill counts when I troll and rod is not in hand? Thanks in advance. 

15 hours ago, Tompasticni said:

Hi all! Just bought a new rod, zeiman legend and I wonder does that plus skill counts when I troll and rod is not in hand? Thanks in advance. 

Hello Tompasticni,

Yes those skills apply to that rod if you hold it in your hand and when you are trolling and when it isn't in your hand. But remember that it only applies to that rod. Other rods don't get a bonus to skills from that rod.

Best regards, 

Gytautelis.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kmartw0w said:

Hello, 

Does anyone knows if ULL rod type counts towards UL record table?

Yes it does.

• Thanks 1

Hello, please help me out:

I`m ready to upgrade my casting and spinning setup and I`v noticed Syberia SteelHead 600-R 16kg reel. For its kg`s its pretty cheep.

So whats the catch? Spool size, wear and tear ratio? 

Same question regarding spinn reel Syberia Gold 80s - 14kd costs "only" 1,985 silver.

Pretty sure there is a info that I`m missing. 

Thanks in advance! 

9 hours ago, Jessica Tim said:

Hello, please help me out:

I`m ready to upgrade my casting and spinning setup and I`v noticed Syberia SteelHead 600-R 16kg reel. For its kg`s its pretty cheep.

So whats the catch? Spool size, wear and tear ratio? 

Same question regarding spinn reel Syberia Gold 80s - 14kd costs "only" 1,985 silver.

Pretty sure there is a info that I`m missing. 

Thanks in advance! 

Hello,
Spinning reels are just a line reeler, while a baitcaster works like a crane, with way more torque than a regular spinning reel.
As for durability, the baitcasters tend to be more durable as well.
Each brand has it's characteristics, Zeiman is known to have reliables reels for durability, while Express Fishing isn't.
Syberia reels are good option to start upgrading your gear from low level to mid levels.
It's all about brands and its characteristics, you will have a lot of the same kg rating, but you can differenciate it on star rating, level restriction, and brands which will make some difference on your reel overall quality.
My personal opinion, both are great reels to start with once you reach level 20ish and will carry you long ways.

Regards,
Pindobinha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A really good set up to upgrade to from the old Soviet set up is the 9.9kg medium heavy casting rod that's like 110 silver and the low profile with the steer logo on it. It was such a big improvement for me and cheap cheap cheap too.

@Pindobinha thank You for reply! I bought both reels and I can honestly recommend them in a heartbeat - very good equipment for a good price. Especially the SteelHead 600-R.

• Like 1