LadyofGames

Spin Bait Casting Q&A

Just now, ayala2k17 said:

What about a good allrounder for a begginer hunting pike and what ells is there in the Wind River.?

There is zander and perch for a beginner spin fishing try any of the silver spinners and spoons i know they get good response at winding rivulet!

2 minutes ago, ayala2k17 said:

and which one is the hook here ?

Am i blind or there is no hook size in the info tab ?

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.8668_20171105_172849.png

At the very bottom it says components hook TRBHK101 s1/0

3 hours ago, nihues said:

How to retrieve 3-way rig?

You'll want to use a slow retrieve with this. Let the sinker drop on the bottom, then on a low speed reel in a little and let the sinker bounce on the bottom again. Wait a bit and then do it again. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 11:57 AM, Marvin said:

Hiya ppl any tip on what sinker to use on Super Duty S88XH and Sabre 60s, have got some loww end sinkers donno if they are good or not! myself not done three way rig fishing b4

Spoiler

gif.gif

Hi Marvin.

Your rod test is between 25 - 100g. You will require a Sinker for Jigging rig between this limit range.

1 hour ago, Lucaschevy said:

hello fishermen !, a consultation, how do I make the short movement ?. Sorry for my English, I speak Spanish, I leave video in case it is not understood. Congratulations for the game, the best of all!

Reveal hidden contents

Greetings Lucaschevy
To twitch, you need a specific lure, than hit RMB. The lures that you currently can twitch with are wobblers, topwater lures and jerkbaits.

17 minutes ago, ayala2k17 said:

Hey guys,can anyone help explain me how to increase my spin-fishing skill? I`m trying to unlock the wobbles and i feel like i`m going crazy i only get 0.1% every 7-10 fish.I know i need to fish for different species every so often and i`m doing that,but for some reason i just don't get any skill exp.i got big fish like 8-10 kg and small fish under 500g every day some other fish and it still do-sent  go up the skill exp.

So please help me get to that sweet 35%.Thx

Hey ayala2k17,

spinfishing will go way slower since you can't fish with more than 2 rods(trolling) at the same time and that makes it way slower than feeder or float fishing. Spin fishing is all about the fun and enjoyment about it so just keep on fishing and its gonna go forward. 

36 minutes ago, m3dic said:

Hey ayala2k17,

spinfishing will go way slower since you can't fish with more than 2 rods(trolling) at the same time and that makes it way slower than feeder or float fishing. Spin fishing is all about the fun and enjoyment about it so just keep on fishing and its gonna go forward. 

We can trolling with 3... setup 2 on the boat and the 3rd use on hand.... but you need to recover the lure to recover the other 2 rods.... (and is risky too if got 2 big fish with small setup at same time).

And since I went to kuori, I've found spin fishing going fast... or at least equal as feeder (I think it's the slowest of all 3), float is much faster, but now I'm only at spinning and at volkhov the spin passed all my other skills.

My suggestion is try to get different types of fish (use different lures), and other locations with different size of fish too.

I think I'm on spinning for 2 or 3 weeks... (playing around 2-4h/day) and now approaching 50% of spin skill, it's not fast either... use hypno 007 or 020, they work best at kuori and wobbles after 25%+, hypno 007 bites a lot, should help getting faster (try the black/yellow dots, yellow/black, green, reds).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Wanpug said:

Just for clarification, spinning doesn't really work at night, right? I tried and I haven't caught a lot and most of the time I don't catch anything. Just trying to pick up spinning and still struggling to catch many fish.

Wanpug, That is incorrect spinning does work at night as well. You're going to have to keep experimenting with your retrieve method and lure selection. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aibehn said:

Concerning skill increase gains,  the consensus on feeder fishing is to switch hook size and targeting different species. That means that now, with the new hook update on lures, Can we have more skill gains on spinning by switching hooks? For example, by using the same lure, but size 10, and size 1 hook.

Aibehn, Hook change effects the catch rate, ability to hold the fish on the hook longer and stronger etc. It has no reflection on the skill gain.

27 minutes ago, Wanpug said:

I know this has been brought up earlier but I still a little confused. When the message "stop and go", "jig step" and all the others are displayed we have an increase chance of bites? I remember how "drifting with current" for bolo fishing increases the chance of bites. Also I struggle to keep the message displayed through out the entire retrieve time, does that affect the bites too? Should I strive to have the message displayed the entire time I am retrieving? Thanks in advance.

Hello Wanpug,

JigStep, StopandGo and other messages increase your bite chance and you should try to keep that message over the whole retrieve. You gonna see that you gonna catch more fish. As soon as the message disappears your chance getting bit is going down as well at it goes back up when u catch a new retrieve. When trying around you maybe even able to catch more than 1 retrieve at the same time those gonna stack increasing your bite chance even more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aibehn said:

I thought that if you keep fishing the same species with the same size hook skill increases at a lower rate. However, if you change hook size often and therefore targeting different fish species, skill gain rate was higher. Am I wrong? I probably misunderstood that.

Aibehn, By changing the hook size you are catching different size of the same species or maybe an all together different species so it increases your chance of getting a skill increase, But not the amount of skill increase. It is not directly related to hook size to chance of skill increase. The chance of the increase it introduced because you are catching different size or species of fish.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Hi, do predators reacts to lures at night at this point ( is there any point spin fishing at night)? Are you planing to add special night fishing lures in the future? Thanks! 

Yes. I've caught Perch and Zander at night. I'm pretty sure you can catch Catfish and other species too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Badger5678 said:

No probs. It does seem a bit slower at night but definitely worth it. 

Any recommendation as far as color of the bait is concerned (I can only fish with spoons and spinners atm)?

3 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Any recommendation as far as color of the bait is concerned (I can only fish with spoons and spinners atm)?

Not sure exactly myself. I usually swap between my lures until one works. The ones I've been using lately are the Hypnotic 20 in red or green.

• Like 1

On 17-11-2017 at 7:02 AM, CadyDady said:

First I can say that again the game have an insane potential, now can someone please explain to me how can you progress in this game with spinning fishing?

Spoiler

So I created a new caracter for spinning and bought the starting gear for it reel rod spoon. Lv 3 now wile fishing with a float, switched to spinning, and caught like 4 fish Perch worth almost no experience in like 2 days in game. I have watched videos about spinning fishing and the bite rate is just to low-non existing.

My question is how you supposed to spin fishing and progress in this game? Ok I get it close to real life experience but...no one will want to catch 4 fish in 1 hour real life that worth no experience and no silver, progress?...

The 3 skill points I have are in spinning fishing, not much help there.

Make the game enjoyable by increasing the gite rate on lures. Thank you.

Hey CadyDady,

it is indeed very hard to progress on spinfishing. There are several factors that make spinfishing slower than all other types. For example the species you are able to target on spinfishing are way less than you would be able to target with baits. Then you have to make sure you learn how to fish your lures, this is a very important part, as JigStep and other Techniques that are shown on your TensionBar, are increasing your chance of getting a bite. Then there is deep/mid/shallow fishing for all kinds of lures that makes a huge impact if you get a bite or not. Slow moving bait, Fast moving bait, depending on what species you fish for, they maybe won't take a slow moving bait and last but not least you can fish with a maximum number of 2 Rods at this stage of the game with spinning/casting Setups and that only when trolling, else you have 1 rod in your hand that bring you in the fish. On the other hand with Float or Feeder you have up to 3 Rods out. Hope this helped you out a bit.

7 hours ago, MikeB20 said:

Can anyone tell me if using a heavy leader when spinning reduces the likelihood of attracting the larger fish?

I've been using a 30kg steel leader and I never, ever catch the larger trophy fish but I'll catch plenty of smaller fish.

I've noticed other guys using the 22kg leader with identical heavy rod and reel and line strength, fishing locations and fishing technique catch the larger trophy fish.

Some fish are indeed sensitive to obvious line or heavy leaders. Some species could care less if the bait was on a clothes line.

22 minutes ago, bogdac said:

Hi does anyone how to adjust the sound so that you can hear the line being taken of the reel ie the drag. the only way I can hear it is to turn the sound up, then it gets drowned out by the sound of owls, horses, crickets, or whatever!

Hey bogdac,

there is effects and background. Effects is your reel and rod and other sounds, Background is stuff like crickets, owl and so on.

19 minutes ago, bogdac said:

I did try turning the the background down,but it seemed to make little difference. should I turn the the general sound down or leave it?

Many thanks for your reply

Try a bit around until you feel comfortable we are still in beta at roughly 30% we gonna add more options to change different sounds later.

2 hours ago, Aibehn said:

I'm having some problems making tree-way rig to work properly. It seems inferior if you compare it with simple jigging. How its supposed to be retrieved? Any tips?

Three-way rigs are primarily for fishing in river current or when trolling relatively flat basins with softer bottom or little in the way of snags. 

5 hours ago, SevSaint said:

Really curious how effective the fish AI is. I have caught as many fish on just reeling in on slow speed to quick speed to jigging. I use spoons and spinners of all kinds and colors too.

Also curious if colors to weather matter and do certain fish, like pike, love hitting stuff moving quick. 

The AI fish move based on weather, temp and wind.  Certain patterns of spoons and spinners work best in some places and may not get a second look in others. Pike have variable preferences on lure speed based on light conditions, temp and lure color just like in real life.  As to what colors correspond to what conditions, we leave that to you to discover since the discovery arc is part of the games overall vision. 

12 hours ago, Tigsta said:

Hello,

I have a little problem with my spin fishing skill,

I dont get any % on it since a few days now, it stays on 34.1 % and dont move up, i dont know why.

Normally it always went up when i got a good fish like 0.2%.

Would be nice is someone could help me.

Hey Tigsta,

this depends for spinfishing on what kind of Rig you catch what kind of species in what kind of size and how often you caught it. So when you see that your % gain is going slower try changing rigs and try to swap your lure sizes if you caught many bigger specimen try target smaller one or the other way around. Since we are way more limited in terms of species on spinfishing we gonna have a harder time to progress than the feeder or float fishermen. Saying all that for spinfishing in the end it comes down to continue to fish and try to learn different techniques if you are able to master techniques you can target the fish better this is gonna help you progressing. Tight lines!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Perverius said:

Hi guys. I have odd problem with fish getting of the hook. I'm using mainly s11/s15 minnows, 9SP hijackers and jigs and hypnotics to the lesser extent. Whenever I get fish that has potential to be a specimen then it breaks off. I was trying various things like: dropping the drag setting and playing it nicely, putting rod to the side, reeling without shift pressed, pumping, lifting off the bottom, waiting till it stops hugging bottom on it's own, tightening the drag and trying to bruteforce. My mate has braid, I have mono and we have the same experience.

Sometimes that specimen fish will hit and drop off just after hit without any indication that fish got away, the other time it will break off after a minute of fight. I can get eg. chub in 3kg range, asp in 4kg, pike in 6kg and trophy salmon but possible trophy perch/asp/ide/chub/zander/burbot/pike will likely throw the hook.

Is there something we are missing? Like putting smaller/bigger hooks on lure, using top tier rod or something like that?

Hey Perverius,

can you please hook us up with a screenshot of your setup and your spin fishing skill tree.

29 minutes ago, Tigsta said:

Thanks for your answer,

Spoiler

Yes i really dont know i tried it with different lures with spoons, spinners, i tried it with the lure rig , with the spinning rig, i catch from small perch to zander, burbot , salmon even mussel.

I tried it with repairing all my gear, new line, and it still not changing.

I mean my friend is on the same spot and his spin fishing skill goes up... and he is on over 60% now... and i stuck on 34.1% and nothing is changing... he has no idea why it isnt going up either... thats why i asked here. I mean before it always went up not for every fish, but for some bigger ones i got 0.2% for it for example. I got now loads of fish in the last to days i reached easily 100 fish with spin fishing and not one little % not even 0.1% up nothing...

6 minutes ago, Hookjaw Jim said:

I am having the exact same problem..

Spoiler

Gains are so incredibly slow no matter what I try... I got tired of float and feeder fishing all the time and decided I wanted to try spin fishing. The lack of XP per fish, plus the lack of gains per skill is proving to be quite disconcerting to say the least..

It seems the game is tailored towards float and feeder fishing, especially early levels where you either, use feeders and floats to increase your level while spinning as a side thing to do or expect a very long process while trying to spin as a singular method. Unfortunate really, as there is a ton more fun with spinning, regardless of the limited species caught.

What lake are you fishing on? If it is Kuori lake and you are level 20, try going to Volkhov River. In Volkhov River you will be able to catch chub, asp, atlantic salmon, zander. Since these species can't be found on Kuori lake it should help you increase your skill %.

Just now, Tigsta said:

Im level 20 and i went to Volkov directly when i hit level 20.. i get  a lot of different fish with a lot of different lures , spoons , spinners but im not getting any % i will get on trying i guess

If you were fishing on Volkhov River then try going to Kuori Lake and catch lake trout, kuori char, char, sevan trout, arctic char. These species can't be found on Volkhov River.