kuori-lake.thumb.jpg.4d7c00a4d3cf668826b245fe54f0ef18.jpg

There is a lake named Kuori in the land of forest ponds and impassable thickets. Its smooth surface conceals a complicated terrain full of deep cavities. The lake is rich in underwater fauna and is perfectly suited for different methods of bank fishing and fishing from a boat. The fine architecture and cozy ambiance of the fishing base deserve special mention. Besides, there is a boat station at the lake.

To access this water body you have to be level 16.

6 hours ago, Dabson said:

guys any tips on bream fishing on kuori lake? 

I've caught them while casting from the narrow rock point extending out just to the left of dock. Look at map and cast toward the deeper water. I was using pearl barley and worms (bloodworms I think).

3 hours ago, dam76 said:

xD

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171209_012723.png

Wow. Grats on that rare.

Lets get serious now. We need exact location/time/weather/temperature/setup/bait and/or lure/skills/hook quality/hook size/contacts of the dev you bribed. :)

• Like 1

I'm guessing you all are using wobblers for these screen shots of really full keep nets?

On 12/13/2017 at 4:16 PM, Argosy said:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171213_220504.png

12 hours ago, Zmaj0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

oooo.png

4 hours ago, dam76 said:

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171217_230031.png

2 hours ago, Zilvinas said:

really...can anyone tell us location and setup?

i think they are trolling but idk anything else.

5 hours ago, Wanpug said:

i think they are trolling but idk anything else.

yes i do most of the time trolling with wobblers

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slatkus said:

Just did trolling after Sura river update. Either they broke something or I was extremely unlucky. Didn't get anything in 1 day. Watching paint dry is more fun than this...

Agreed. Three days of trolling (three!!!) and this is my poor net (the 3kg pike, the burbot and the sevan were not on trolling but from the shore in a moment of frustration). Seriously... I'm concerned. I made a wide rotation of my lures but so few bites and no trout or salmon at all. Where is the fish gone???

I'm going back to Old Burg, at least there's some fish there.

Spoiler

fish.jpg

Edited by JunkyJuke

On 20-12-2017 at 8:33 PM, Pinouchky said:

Play for 40 min, press "C", close the game.

Spoiler

lol.png

yup those two 10 kg set ups i made out for kouri are perfect for those 500g fish.

after reading patchnotes there is a changed thing:

- Fish movement throughout the water body have been optimized

hmm is that the change that affects the catching of fish on kouri entirely?

6 hours ago, Wanpug said:

to be honest i think they already fixed just had a really good run in kuori. 1 hour and half full keep net, made 200 silver. had some 5-7 kg arctic char and a 4 kg kuori char.  nothing crazy but i think its back to normal.

8 minutes ago, Slatkus said:

After small update yesterday evening it is all back as it was.

Thank god for that... I thought it was just me.. I know Kouri is hard work but damn..

2 hours ago, blood01 said:

Happy new year!

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180101_141449.thumb.png.9aa321441b1b44818615668a26b78cda.png

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180101_142449.thumb.png.afbb83d11013ccfbb534593c9585a868.png

Well done, I knew Kuori had some treasures! How long did that thing fight you around the lake though? 

Edited by fanta2234
  • Like 1

Well done, I knew Kuori had some treasures! How long did that thing fight you around the lake though? 

Well the bite was around 23h30, north west of the map (pike"s corner) and i finished the fight at the opposite corner, in the south east, at 10h00 (not sure), I followed it with the boat, risky but it worked. It was not easy, my energy bar was empty and no cola in the backpack ^^ Probably my best fight since i start playing RF4 :) Also the 500 silver was pleasant :)

28 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Also what is with 200g Vendace getting crazy over 2/0 extra large hook with Nightcrawler - those little fishes ate my whole supply of stuff :( 

There is no more pikes to eat vendace, so vendace are taking their place and are becoming dangerous predators, simple natural thing.

They even bite to my 25g veikko spoon (I forgot to take a screenshot)

Edited by Pinouchky
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kmartw0w said:

Good day,

I'm sure developers must be aware of people teleporting back to city while fishing at west lake's bank. Its really bad feeling fighting big fish for 20 mins just to spawn in city with message Fish Got Away. Just making sure its said on forums. Sorry for a post if it was mentioned already and thanks for other wise great game!

It happens at Old Burg too. Lesson learnt, when fighting a fish I try to ALWAYS stay far from the banks. 

6 minutes ago, JunkyJuke said:

It happens at Old Burg too. Lesson learnt, when fighting a fish I try to ALWAYS stay far from the banks. 

I hope you are not talking about falling into water. Because its two different things. I have fell into water at burg. But Kouri's west bank near rocks are super sketchy. Twitches and bumps of camera view too. Than boom out of no where you re back at city.

13 hours ago, JunkyJuke said:

A happy night ending came with a sweet depth monster!!! :o

Hide contents

trophy burbot.jpg

On 1/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, blood01 said:

Happy new year!

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180101_141449.thumb.png.9aa321441b1b44818615668a26b78cda.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180101_142449.thumb.png.afbb83d11013ccfbb534593c9585a868.png

Nice Going Guys, 

We need more of this kind of Pictures and Videos, this is quite inspiring for the game and motivating. Lets keep on posting them and make this forums super fun to visit and a learning experience for others who visit them. Remember no one is really favored in trophies, its just sheer luck. So i would even request if we all posted what locations if possible we caught these monsters at and what setups we used to catch them as provided by blood01.

We have 500+ registered members on this forums, the KUORI topics should have be over flooded by now guys. (Also the others too ;) )....

Loving the trophies btw. And its always fun to see other players catching those monsters. So lets share it all guys.

• Like 1

Just now, Yoman2822 said:

@muzamilsajid

Damn I would be scared to put that 19kg line on that reel, so in case you get spooled what breaks because even the leader is stronger than reel? Is the wear of a reel bigger? How strong of a line do you think I can put on my 10kg Syberia reel?

according to me u can put upto 15kg line on that mate. Well yeah the chances of the reel braking are high, but may be only the trophy Kuori char might have that power to spool it tht much. Not for sure tho. And yah on that syberia reel with a 15kg line you will get quite enough distance no worries.

9 hours ago, muzamilsajid said:

Nice trophies mate what lure?

the pike was on Funky S11-007 and the trout on Timid 10-002 :)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, muzamilsajid said:

7hrs at Kuori today

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9219_20180106_010420.thumb.png.d48b6f724eb928fc7544334c9a7f390c.png

How did you catch common carp?I still fail to find it :o 

On 1/3/2018 at 7:08 PM, Yoman2822 said:

@JunkyJuke @muzamilsajid

How do you calculate that kind of stuff, so I'm safe to put a bit heavier line on my feeder with sabre 10kg and persex 16.5kg rod?

U can keep 15kg and ull be completely safe. If u have a heavier rod u can go to 19kgs just be sure u use the braided lines. Just keep in mind that line shuldnt exceed reel max drag x 2 and max rod strength. Tight lines angler and join some twitch channels too ull get to learn alot. I think ladyofgames going live tonight on twitch.

Edited by essacksumra

5 hours ago, essacksumra said:

U can keep 15kg and ull be completely safe. If u have a heavier rod u can go to 19kgs just be sure u use the braided lines. Just keep in mind that line shuldnt exceed reel max drag x 2 and max rod strength. Tight lines angler and join some twitch channels too ull get to learn alot. I think ladyofgames going live tonight on twitch.

I will add for the sake of safety that wear % on a reel (and rod/line too) will reduce its max drag power by the same weight in %. So a 10Kg reel with 10% wear will have reduced drag down to 9kg that means 18kg max tolerance. That's why it will break if you put a 0% wear 19kg line on it and the fish spools you.

I have to say I like the RF4 gearing syestem. It is complex and requires some maths and calculations to outfit your rods correctly and mantain them. It requires some meta gaming, but I would like more infos on the hooks. Infact they could be used as weakest part of a setup to control how the entire setup will behave under heavy stress. But there is no way to know the exact breaking point of a hook based on quality. That could save a lot of head aches to spinning users because it could eventually save the expensive lures. Also I would like to see the introduction of terminals on rigs. It's common habit  in fishing to put a lower test line at the end of the mother tackle so you will break it first by only losing that segment plus the hook. In a certain measure we can already do that with leaders, but that cuts away float fishing rigs and feeder rigs. 

More informations, complexity and realism are welcome. 

Edited by JunkyJuke
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, JunkyJuke said:

Hey Smilies I feel you . Some days Kuori looks dead. And it's not fish migration. Simply fish go apathetic and wont bite, no matter what, where and how. I think there are two main cases it can happen.

Hot days: it will a pain to fish anything big enough to call it fish. And it can be two or three hot days in a row! Those days I give up salmonids because they become almost completely inactive. Even pikes that prefer sunny/warm days will disappear and the lake will fall mostly asleep. BUT you are focused on the wrong fish those days. Breams, crucians and other white fish will still be around and you have to switch tactics. Still you will be able to catch some random char on mayflies, but forget about trout, kuori char, salmon and burbots. Then it can happen you get bored and move to another wather body, but you get there and by bad luck  it's bad weather there too, so it seems there's no fish ingame. But it's only because of bad weather conditions and wrong target fish selection. You talk about simulation. Well... this is simulation! Many of us that are in trout fishing in fresh water rivers and lakes IRL know how hot days can kill trout activity. It happens I go to my spots three/four days in a row and fish seems gone. I don't know how profitable can be such a thing in a videogame, but you want simulation? here it is your simulation :P

Heavy fishing pressure: as a skilled player you have very high catch rates. You can literally fish dry an entire lake in a single game session. There are certain days I go crazy because my three rods start ringing at same time. I can catch 5-6 big burbots per night and a lot of fish on spinning. And when fish stops biting I move on another spot. At the end of my session the entire lake will become silent. Time to move to another map. Again, you want simulation? here it is your simulation. IRL I have some great spots for fly fishing, but if I go to the same spots for two or three days fish will start to ignore my flies and become suspicious. And I practice catch&release, let alone the anglers that bring fish home...

Hey junky, nice post there, but since its a simulation game and no goals set for it to achieve apart from looking for trophies and absolutes. There is something called personal preference... I like fishing at kuoriand kuori only and i like those fish only.. So i dont think the game should force me to go fish in another lake even if i dont like to... A lake can never go dry in all spots... Tht is not reality. Tht is forcism... Lol... Yes it shouldnt b completely easy but it shouldnt be boring and not to force players to go in all lakes either to fins fish they dont like to fish... Thts my personal opinion

• Like 1