Sign in to follow this  
Grizdude

Both of my virus protection warn of trojan when updating.

I'm very leary of this game now after two Trojan warnings and because of them I can't update the game so I've uninstalled it until someone can explain why I'm getting these warning... can anybody tell me why I'm getting these trojan warnings? Absolutely none of the other games I play have such warnings.🙄

I dont get any warning from my AV software. What do you use? You can always set your AV to not scan the RF4 folder.

I use Avast too, no kind of problem. I have also Malwarebytes active on my computer. Never had a problem of this kind with RF4. Some antivirus softwares misinterpret things.

9 hours ago, Grizdude said:

I'm very leary of this game now after two Trojan warnings and because of them I can't update the game so I've uninstalled it until someone can explain why I'm getting these warning... can anybody tell me why I'm getting these trojan warnings? Absolutely none of the other games I play have such warnings.🙄

Hello - what antivirus software do you use?

1 hour ago, Grizdude said:

Malwarebytes(Premium) and Windows Security.

What it exactly tells you? That would be good to know. Can you make a screenshot?

I use Kaspersky (member) without problems.

If securitysettings for windows/antivireprograms is set to high it could cause this issue for games.

Edited by OwiHH
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grizdude said:

Malwarebytes(Premium) and Windows Security.

Please add an exception for RF4 in MalwareBytes - it is known to cause issues with RF4.

• Like 1

Thank you all kindly for your posts! I like to play this game, so I'll try to install it again and this time I'll make an exception! Thanks again!🙂

• Like 1

You dont need to install again, just go to the setting of AV and add exception. If the exe is in the virus vault go to the vault and restore the file. Only if the exe is deleted youll need to reinstall.

Edited by ZedMcJack
  • Like 1