LadyofGames

Lures Q&A

10 hours ago, PortugalRadicalFishing said:

How to increase bait size? 

You mean how to craft more bait? By simply making more bait. As you make more bait, you become better at it. In return you will instead of 30 pieces, make 31 pieces, then 32, then 33 and so on. 

On 4-11-2017 at 3:06 AM, MikeB20 said:

I'm curious as to how the lure crafting will work out.

Reveal hidden contents

Currently, lure crafting can cost tens of thousands of silver to achieve mastery, invested in both tools and materials.

Working on lure crafting, I attempted to craft approximately 50 lures before I went from 0% skill to 10%.

A few levels later I attempted approximately 150 lure creations going from 50% skill to 60% skill(creating the tin lure unlocked at 50%).

So there is a reduction in success rate as we progress through the skill levels.

But if and when we succeed in lure crafting mastery, what happens to the market and leaderboards?

When we are routinely crafting top-tier lures, do the store-bought lures lose all value, disappearing from the leaderboards?

Or do the crafted lures achieve simply equality with the store-bought lures?

If so, then the crafted lures are vastly over-rated as they can cost a LOT in materials and tools to master.

So, what is the end-game plan of the developers regarding the success rate and quality of crafted lures, compared with the store-bought lures?

On 4-11-2017 at 7:48 AM, GypsyManz said:

Yeah, I was doing the math on lure crafting, you would have to craft thousands of lures to master it. Didn't consider the the other implications.

Greetings MikeB20 and GypsyManz
Lure crafting is indeed more expensive than crafting baits. The molds are a one time purchase, but you do need to purchase the other ingredients to craft them. However, they do last longer than regular bait - thus balancing the costs between how much is spend on ingredients for regular bait and for crafting lures. 
As with the other crafts, you start out by making low quality. As you become better at it, the quality increase. Some handmade lures will be better quality than store purchased lures. Some handcrafted lures will be cheaper than lures you purchase through the stores, when they share the same quality. And with the ability to craft your own lures, you can also make lures with a coloring you cannot get through the stores. Store lures will not become redundant though, as some people will rather choose not to craft their own lures. Or they want a quick and easy ready-to-go lure instead of going through the extra time to craft one. 
Remember that this game isn't finished yet. One of the features we will introduce in the future are Auction Houses. There you will be able to sell your handcrafted lures. This will help you overcome the initial expenses that you made when you started out. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PortugalRadicalFishing said:

Thank you Lady, but what I really wanted to know is whether to increase or decrease the size of the baits. I saw in a video the player to raise a sponge, I just do not know how he did it.

Can you eleborate on it and perhaps link to the video? I'm not sure what you mean.

On 11/6/2017 at 12:19 PM, MikeB20 said:

I'm currently working on lure crafting skill 65%-70%, making the West Siberian Figured Spoon, having just spent a small fortune in silver working through 60-65% making the West Siberian Round Spoon.The success rate when making the most recently unlocked lure does indeed seem to decrease as our lure crafting skill increases.

Spoiler

Making these lures out of Copper(cheapest material) seems to have an almost zero skill improvement chance, while making them out of Brass(about double the price of Copper) has about a one in six chance of achieving a 1% lure crafting skill increase. Can you confirm that the quality of the metal affects the success chance?

There are about five varieties of these lures, some being made very colourful by adding various chemicals.

Does making these lures of the fancy coloured variety, by adding various chemicals, improve the chance that our lure crafting skill will increase; it adds quite a bit to cost and I couldn't notice any success rate increase.

MikeB20, I my experience so far making lures the more expensive materials dose not matter as much as the variety of they lure creation, Meaning that if you vary the hook size and type of lures you are creating seemed to produce better results in the skill increase. 

I know Kache is speaking fish but the in game mechanism is the same.

The same is true in this example:

Usually this because you have caught many large fish of the species and only a few small ones. When the percentages gains stop on a species, you need to either target fish of another species that you have caught few of, or target a different size in the same species. While experience points used to level tend to be better for bigger fish, the percentage gains on skills are not based on biggest fish, they are based on variety in your catch, doing things that are newer. It is common for a player to start catching a type of fish and then start to push for the biggest specimens of that fish they can find, as a result they catch few of the small ones. For example I started pushing for the biggest common carp I could catch and caught a metric ton of them. However, eventually I stopped getting skill gain from them. At that point I switched up tactics to start catching the little ones. Remember that skill is gained by expanding your variety of species, size, and tackle.

5 hours ago, MikeB20 said:

Thanks for the reply jhendrix1978.
I presume you mean that we should make a variety of the latest unlocked lure type, not a variety of lures. With crafting, the latest unlocks seem to provide the greatest chance for skill increases. So, I should vary the size of hook, metal used and chemicals used to make a variety of West Siberian Figured Spoons? 

Greetings Mike
As Jhendrix explained, to increase the fastest, you need to start making the lures that you unlocked the latest. If you are at 65% and have unlocked new lures to make, yet you keep on making the lures that unlocked at 30%, the skill % increase will go really slow. It is not based on materials, nor do more expensive materials give you a higher % gain. 

Can we get confirmation from the developer on this?

I know it's a rare feature these days, trustworthy moderators that speak true. But on these forums there is no reason to question or doubt any of my moderators. These mods have received training and know the game inside out. If they don't recall the answer, they simply will not respond until they have received it from the devs. Therefore there  is no need to go over their heads and ask for more confirmation. So please, give these mods the respect they deserve and acknowledge their authority.

25 minutes ago, MikeB20 said:

It's not that I don't respect the mods but I do know that some of the mods are relatively new to the game and therefore may not have all the answers.

As I explained in my response, all moderators receive training. In the case they don't know the answer or can't recall it, they get it straight from the devs. And they will not respond until they got that info. Therefore, there is no need to ask for any further confirmation. 

1 hour ago, MikeB20 said:

That is why I asked for verification by the developer. 

Mike, you are stretching the discussion. You have received the answer to your question and I've explained twice there is no need to doubt my moderators when they give an answer. Please refrain from continuing the argument. If you do decide to continue, you leave me no choice but to take official action.

1 hour ago, Thiago said:

Could you explain how stars work on lure? I know that on rods/reels it increses the durability, but what on lures?
Also, does lure color makes a difference on catching fish?

Hello Thiago,  The stars on the lures represent the quality of the lures. As far as color different fish are attracted to different colors and water/time conditions also effect the lures success

6 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Do higher quality lures also increase the chance of catching more or bigger fishes?

Hi Thiago.

Higher quality lures increases your chances of catching Bigger, not More fish than a lure of lower quality.

Please also take a look at the following links for more info:

On 14.11.2017 at 4:31 PM, Wanpug said:

A quick question on lures in general. I noticed that there is two different hypnotic lures, the 20 and the 07, I assume that they differ only in size. So my question is, do smaller lures attract smaller fish? In other words, a smaller fish is more likely to bite on the 07 than the 20, and a larger fish is more likely to bite on the 20. Is my logic correct?

Hey Wanpug,

this all depends on the fish species. Let's take pike for example, pike have a very big mouth and that gives them the possibility to eat even the biggest bait they want. On the Other hand we take Zander for example. They have a way smaller mouth even tho they grow about the same size than a pike, that's why they prefer to eat smaller fish.

16 hours ago, Argosy said:

one question, when would be smart to replace lure with new one at what wear percentage?

Spoiler

i seen from patch notes november 11. this line

– The state of the lure now slightly affects the fish biting. 

Hello Argosy,

Lures will work till they are 0%. When to stop using it is a personal preference. The difference isn’t very significant.

I did some testing on Volkhov with Blast funky minnow S11 and S15, same color, trolling them for about 2hours and over 90% bites was on S11, only few pikes not even perch didnt bite :) 

for what fish did devlopers made this lure is it for some new bigger fishes that you will introduce or when you are going for trophy fish 

I would like to try some crafted lures with good quality can someone make me something like Hijacker 75F-001 or West Siberian K 004 and what would you want in a return, 

tnx

Hi I was crafting some spinners about a week ago and on some of them the hooks disappeared. The graphic shows that a hook is on it but the slot is empty. If I change the hook on it, the currently equipped one doesn't show up in my inventory. I have a few in my inventory like that.

5 hours ago, Cajune said:

Hi I was crafting some spinners about a week ago and on some of them the hooks disappeared. The graphic shows that a hook is on it but the slot is empty. If I change the hook on it, the currently equipped one doesn't show up in my inventory. I have a few in my inventory like that.

please check the allowed hook size in lure information.

14 hours ago, irishman said:

please check the allowed hook size in lure information.

This was before the patch when hook sizes didn't matter. 

Why is my postin Q&A? It was a bug report lol.

Edited by Cajune

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:30 AM, Argosy said:

I did some testing on Volkhov with Blast funky minnow S11 and S15, same color, trolling them for about 2hours and over 90% bites was on S11, only few pikes not even perch didnt bite :) 

for what fish did devlopers made this lure is it for some new bigger fishes that you will introduce or when you are going for trophy fish 

S15 seem to attract fewer but bigger fish.

Speaking not so much from experience but checking the leader boards.

I'm at 60% crafting lures skill.

Is it worth while my crafting lures at this skill level, having invested zero in any of the crafted lures proficiency?

Will my crafted lures be competitive with similar store-bought lures?

Not sure I want to progress any further at the moment in lure crafting as the costs are prohibitive; might invest further silver into it when I'm richer.

I can tell you from personal experience the crafted crankbaits are excellent at higher quality levels. I have several ofthem I had crafted for me and they really do catch fish better. If you plan on spin fishing alot, then I would say yes - you would want access to these lures. If you don't spin fish alot then just find one of the guys who crafts them and have them make them for you as needed.

• Like 1

Just unlocked simple wobblers. Should I buy the cheap or the expensive knife in order to be able to craft them? That's the difference between the two?
Many thanks to all!

On 3/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, Cajune said:

This was before the patch when hook sizes didn't matter. 

Why is my postin Q&A? It was a bug report lol.

Because your issue is not a bug, it is that you can only put hooks of a recommended size on a lure

On 4/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, Retvolki said:

Just unlocked simple wobblers. Should I buy the cheap or the expensive knife in order to be able to craft them? That's the difference between the two?
Many thanks to all!

According to my investigation on the knives You need the good one for anything more than basic wobblers

On 3/23/2018 at 7:54 AM, Elwoodiath2 said:

I can tell you from personal experience the crafted crankbaits are excellent at higher quality levels. I have several ofthem I had crafted for me and they really do catch fish better. If you plan on spin fishing alot, then I would say yes - you would want access to these lures. If you don't spin fish alot then just find one of the guys who crafts them and have them make them for you as needed.

Agreed, I love my hand crafted cranks and spinners.

• Like 1

If anybody wants custom spoons or spinner baits made, contact me here or in-game and I will be glad to make them if provided the mats.

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10149_20180616_220100.png

• Like 1