LadyofGames

Lures Q&A

Any one know what Spoons / wobblers pike won't go for ? I have been testing most of what I have and I seem to get pike on all of them .

I know they like red , yellow and tiger effect lures which I stayed away from testing but I also noticed they hit the solid colour ones and 2 tone ones that o have.

I do  know pike will take almost anything but there must be at least one lure pike run from instead of attacking :D.

Thanks

Lake - Kouri

Rig

Reel - Sputnik Alfa 8000 14.5 KG
Line - Snake Power Carbon 19.1 KG Fluro
Rod  - Super Duty S88XH 31 KG

Method - Trolling No leader

Here is my findings although it might not be 100% correct.

I trolled for a period of 3 days on each Lure and found that all Hunter 1 spoons along  with various other Spoons and Wobblers caught at least 1 pike.

I did however find 2 that did not catch a single pike

Veikko 14g 010 caught Lake Trout and Atlantic Char Bites was very slow on this lure but i got no Pike or Perch.

Veikko 14g 005 caught Kouri Char, Perch and Lake Trout again bites was slow but didn't get a single Pike.

I only tested the lures i had, and i have quite a few, i might have just been lucky with them 2 lures so please don't take this as 100% correct.
As weather and temps do play a big part in this game and the conditions could have just been bad when using them.

I conclude that given the bite ratio its more profitable to use Fluro with a steel leader and use all the common wobblers and spoons that all others use.

I find its even more profitable to use 19.1 KG line with no leader and use all the common lures others are using.
You will get bitten off eventually but the bite ratio that increases out weighs the bite ratio using a steel leader.

Maybe someone can shed some light on Fluro line / Leaders, we all know Fluro increases bite rates but if the line is thicker is it less likley to be bitten off by a Pike.

For example Fluro 15KG v Fluro 19KG , i find that they both produce the same amount of bites ( or its very close ) but is it more likley a 4KG pike would  bite through the 15KG easier than the 19KG line or is it just simply plain luck when they bite you off.

Pike will bite on almost any lure. I find that the heavier the fluoro leader, the bigger the pike needed to bite it off. That being said, it also seems that the bigger thr leader (flouro or otherwise) makes it easier for the fish to see which will decrease your bites per ig day. 

In my opinion, you're better off using a flouro leader just above your reel drag size and just accept that youre going to get bit off eventually. The amount of money you make on every leader outweighs the amount of fish you lose if you just use steel. 

Of course, dont fish with anything labeled as a pike lure ( most lures have descriptions that give you an idea what they should be used to target). Everything you spin for late game is a predatory fish, so avoiding pike is impossible.

Good luck and happy fishing /)

what is the shape to make the volga spoon?

On 8/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, marcelo said:

what is the shape to make the volga spoon?

Fiskarna Lower Volga Spoon Mold, can be bought at the workshop store.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, Pindobinha said:

thanks for answering but I do not know what it is you could tell me the name of what I should buy

On 8/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, Pindobinha said:

I found it thanks

Hello, last month I crafted 40 lures = 680 silver I took 0.01 point of skill and today I have the premium I craft 10 lure and I take no skill deck. It's normal? please
I am 86.6 at the skill of lure
Google Translate

@jimmy95That is normal, while premium does boost your skill up rate, it does not guarantee a skill up. The best time to grind up skills is during your happy hour - you get another boost to skill up during the happy hour.

• Thanks 1

Anyone have found out what type of lures work at night spinning?  Or no fish bite at night?

Currently usinf spinners and they do work pretty good for perch/chub/ide/asp and pikes too... but every bite ends at around 23.00 -24.00 and havnt had any bit up untill around 4 - 5 in the morning. Have tried more shiny ones like full silver/gold but without success.

6 minutes ago, reelmeharder said:

Anyone have found out what type of lures work at night spinning?  Or no fish bite at night?

Currently usinf spinners and they do work pretty good for perch/chub/ide/asp and pikes too... but every bite ends at around 23.00 -24.00 and havnt had any bit up untill around 4 - 5 in the morning. Have tried more shiny ones like full silver/gold but without success.

@reelmeharder I have good experience with dark colour lures, especially black.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Butcher1972 said:

@reelmeharder I have good experience with dark colour lures, especially black.

Thank you... so opposite of my understanding and what i have used... always tried brightest/shiny for night :) 

58 minutes ago, reelmeharder said:

Thank you... so opposite of my understanding and what i have used... always tried brightest/shiny for night :) 

@reelmeharder To expand a bit on what @Butcher1972 is saying. At night, contrast is important. Shiny lures are not as effective as there is not a lot of light to reflect off of them. Flat colors like solid blacks and solid whites can be quite effective. Also two tones with high contrast can work as well, like black and white. Try to stay away from the shiny ones as they are not as effective. Also, flat yellow and red can work good on nights with moonlight.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

@reelmeharder To expand a bit on what @Butcher1972 is saying. At night, contrast is important. Shiny lures are not as effective as there is not a lot of light to reflect off of them. Flat colors like solid blacks and solid whites can be quite effective. Also two tones with high contrast can work as well, like black and white. Try to stay away from the shiny ones as they are not as effective. Also, flat yellow and red can work good on nights with moonlight.

Thank you very much for better explanation!

• Like 1

Looking for a lure maker to make for sale hand made wooden jerk, blue one, smaller size (100), 10/10 q, pm me.

2 hours ago, SlaJaZz312 said:

does lure wear % affecting anything?

It affects the effectiveness of the lure. It is a small amount though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking for someone who can craft high quality wobblers. I will buy mats.

IGN Nawrly17

Shoot me a message if you're able to craft high quality wobblers, I'd really like to try some out!