Jump to content
LadyofGames

Groundbait Q&A

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, amun24 said:

How can i make ide mix?  I know it was 80% skill but now it is at 30% is this a bug?

@amun24In a recent patch they adjusted what ingredients are unlocked at each unlock point. So yes, you can now make ground bait that you could not before.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,I was wondering if anyone might tell me where to get the bread crumbs for the tench mix?Thanks for your help and as always tight lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, topdog5050 said:

Hi,I was wondering if anyone might tell me where to get the bread crumbs for the tench mix?Thanks for your help and as always tight lines.

Hi topdog5050

You can buy them at the Tackle Store under groundbait in Additives section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,

 

I'm gathering Custom grounbaits on Streams, Forums and Discords.

 

Here what i have gather until now :

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRyMCoyst0RfD94F4XEqp5bd1TX6ymS8VR8Hf6GvtTZRYLxz_NQmkFZCEueRlEKX0GTsiIkaVQ1FnZE/pubhtml

 

Feel free to share some "working groundbait", and i will add your groundbait to the list.

 

Thight line ! (i hope it's ok to share those on the forum)

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shushi said:

Help!

How to unlock

Spoiler

QQ图片20181007220451.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2f35cf7a0730772414742f553a4e7060.png

Spoiler

image.png.c2fcc0f5b1256eb5d33d62bb618f01d5.png

Spoiler

image.png.f6469892617f2ed473e517b6b2255543.png

 

 

 
Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

Spoiler

image.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to get my GB to 100% for using PVA I was at 87.6% to start with and it cost me 300 - 400 silver to hit 100%.

 

The cheapest and best way to level your groundbait is to just buy the last base ( basic ) you unlocked, there is no need to add in additives or attractants, this will only make it a lot more expensive. Just use the base mix and discard it after each one, that's all I did and hit 100% in no time at all.

 

Question about PVA , how do others use PVA sticks, I use mine with a Basic bottom rig, would I get an extra benefit using it with a mesh feeder as well.

For example different mix in the PVA and a different mix in the Mesh but both mixes are based around the fish your targeting, I know its twice the expense but would there be any extra benefit.

 

PVA mix for sturgeon I found works pretty well.

 

Base : Rapeseeds                                                                                                                Base : Rapeseeds

Additives : Casters , Chopped Worm , Dried Crustaceans , Zebra Mussel.                Additives : Pellets , Chopped Worm , Dried Crustaceans , Zebra Mussel. 

Attractant : Crayfish                                                                                                             Attractant : Caviar Smell .

 

I have always made sure that Rapeseeds , Chopped Worm ,Dried Crustaceans and Zebra Mussel stays in the mix as I find these are a must when testing.

I have changed Pellets, Casters and about and tried things like Flaxseeds ( these worked too ).

 

Attractants I find work are the 2 above along with Crab and Mussel , Squid , Fish Oil and Salmon.

 

Post your best Bait mixes and PVA mixes so others can get an idea on what you use for targeting fish.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 11:58 AM, Azorees said:

I wanted to get my GB to 100% for using PVA I was at 87.6% to start with and it cost me 300 - 400 silver to hit 100%.

 

The cheapest and best way to level your groundbait is to just buy the last base ( basic ) you unlocked, there is no need to add in additives or attractants, this will only make it a lot more expensive. Just use the base mix and discard it after each one, that's all I did and hit 100% in no time at all.

 

Question about PVA , how do others use PVA sticks, I use mine with a Basic bottom rig, would I get an extra benefit using it with a mesh feeder as well.

For example different mix in the PVA and a different mix in the Mesh but both mixes are based around the fish your targeting, I know its twice the expense but would there be any extra benefit.

 

PVA mix for sturgeon I found works pretty well.

 

Base : Rapeseeds                                                                                                                Base : Rapeseeds

Additives : Casters , Chopped Worm , Dried Crustaceans , Zebra Mussel.                Additives : Pellets , Chopped Worm , Dried Crustaceans , Zebra Mussel. 

Attractant : Crayfish                                                                                                             Attractant : Caviar Smell .

 

I have always made sure that Rapeseeds , Chopped Worm ,Dried Crustaceans and Zebra Mussel stays in the mix as I find these are a must when testing.

I have changed Pellets, Casters and about and tried things like Flaxseeds ( these worked too ).

 

Attractants I find work are the 2 above along with Crab and Mussel , Squid , Fish Oil and Salmon.

 

Post your best Bait mixes and PVA mixes so others can get an idea on what you use for targeting fish.

ive spent over 1000 silver to get less then 5% this is with the mystical " happy hour" buff that you have 0 idea when its active because there is no visual buff and premium. so either your the luckiest guy alive, the admins just hate me and have penalised my account skill %'s or it cost you alot more then your saying

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey.

Do we need to use Groundbait if we have a Feeder/Carp Rod setup as Paternoster Rig and a feeder on the rod stuffed with 2 Groundbait?

 

I struggle to understand when and where is a musthave to use groundbait and when you overfeed something.. I try to find the sweet spot.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, does Groundbait recipe change biterate of a special type of bait?

 

I've been thinking about this for long times. For exemple lets take Grass/Black carp Mix :

 

1. Hempseed Flour

 

2. Flaxseed

3. Corn

4. ***

 

5. Coriander.

 

As you can see in the recipe, there is no sweet/meat flavour(Worm, mussel etc..) So if i add for the 4. spot, for exemple another corn that they like and use for the bait , a meat flavour one, as for exemple crab & mussel boilie, do will it have more biterate since i balanced the flavour between the bait and the groundbait?

Edited by vsmbenett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vsmbenett said:

Also, does Groundbait recipe change biterate of a special type of bait?

 

I've been thinking about this for long times. For exemple lets take Grass/Black carp Mix :

 

1. Hempseed Flour

 

2. Flaxseed

3. Corn

4. ***

 

5. Coriander.

 

As you can see in the recipe, there is no sweet/meat flavour(Worm, mussel etc..) So if i add for the 4. spot, for exemple another corn that they like and use for the bait , a meat flavour one, as for exemple crab & mussel boilie, do will it have more biterate since i balanced the flavour between the bait and the groundbait?

@vsmbenettEach component of the groundbait does have it's own attractiveness to the fish. Some will also repel fish of different species. Using groundbait with similar flavors to your bait can help it may or may not increase bite rate. Some days they just don't want what you are offering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×