Cursor stuck on screen

mrtiff29

Hi, i wondered if anyone has the same issues as me. Recently all of a sudden, I keep getting the in game cursor come up (similar to that of pressing Q) , and there is nothing i can do but quit the game and reload it. (i "think" it may be triggered by a double press of buttons arounf the awd area but im not sure as i cant replicate it)  Its becoming really annoying, is it a re install of the game? and if i do will it remember my progress?

thanks

• Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, mrtiff29 said:

Hi, i wondered if anyone has the same issues as me. Recently all of a sudden, I keep getting the in game cursor come up (similar to that of pressing Q) , and there is nothing i can do but quit the game and reload it. (i "think" it may be triggered by a double press of buttons arounf the awd area but im not sure as i cant replicate it)  Its becoming really annoying, is it a re install of the game? and if i do will it remember my progress?

thanks

Yes - please try a reinstall.

• 1 year later...

I can confirm that this is happening to me too. I understand that the game is considered still in beta, so it is what it is. Getting stuck at the water's edge happens way more for me than this chat bug. 
I was reluctant to reinstall as I have not tampered with the registry or the game files in any way, but after reading the previous post, I have even less desire to do that if I have confirmation that reinstalling doesn't fix the game bug. 
In my case it seems to be directly related to the opening and closing of the chat menu.

My temporary fix: just don't talk to people! I'm really fine with that, lol 🙂

8 minutes ago, Kothudin said:

I understand that the game is considered still in beta, so it is what it is. 
In my case it seems to be directly related to the opening and closing of the chat menu.

My temporary fix: just don't talk to people! I'm really fine with that, lol 🙂

Actually it's full release now, although the notice about that didn't last long here on the other regions forum, but these things happen no matter what stage a game is in.

I have had this bug maybe 3 times since Ladoga Archipelago release, and I had chat open each time as well 

• 2 months later...

do alt+tab to exit than again to maximise the game. maybe some application running in background takes over and becomes active and makes your game window innactive. so maybe alt+tab two times works or open task manager and see if any new program started , like some update. it never happen to me and i mentioned to other people too so it could be a program that only some players have, like some antivirus, VPN, discord, etc. Also what could happen is people binding some repeated command to shift key. pressing shift 5 times opens a window "sticky keys" that asks you if you are sure you want to activate sticky keys or not. The window may not appear on screen cause it's on desktop, but it can be active and that makes game window inactive even if game it's "on top" of desktop. next time it happens press shift 5 times fast and you may hear a bip sound. far fetched but i hope it helps.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kovach said:

Same thing happened to me twice, 'Q' won't help since keyboard isn't responding after this bug occur. Any solution?

Here are the three major causes:

1. Chat menu is open.
  2. Other application has taken focus.
  3. Sticky keys has inadvertently been activated.

For #1 use q to close. For 2 and 3 you will need to use Alt+Tab to find the offending application. Running RF4 as administrator can reduce the occurrence of #2.