Jump to content

Recommended Posts

bear-lake.thumb.jpg.3832f16d1a33811567ad8c7fc7c97d23.jpg

A lovely water body that has appeared as a result of the construction of a water mill on a small river. It was then that carps were introduced into these waters, that after a while reached absolutely amazing size. Nowadays almost nothing is left of the mill, but the lake with a beautiful name Bear Lake keeps pleasing anglers with huge carps. Lake’s overgrown banks attracts various animals, including bears, which has doubtlessly affected its name.
Bear Lake’s banks are sloping, therefore for successful fishing you would need a tackle that enables long-distance casting. A long-range feeder rod or a carp rod would be a perfect tackle for this location. Float fishing enthusiasts may use a match rod, equipped with a waggler.

For access to this water body you need to be level 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nivster1 said:

hi first time at this lake and prob a dumb question but where is the tackle shop and repair centre.All i can find is the admin building fish market and grocery store????

 

6 minutes ago, nivster1 said:

so you have to leave to get to a store each time????

 

Hey nivster1, 

on Bear Lake is no tackle shop there is only a Grocery Store, an Administration building and a Fish market. If you need tackle you either have to buy it before going there or you need to travel back to another lake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.11.2017 at 6:51 PM, krokenosterfant2 said:

45:60 is good near the camp, I haven't had much luck elsewhere

Can confirm, I had a few nice carps there yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm not too sure about this waterbody, when i cast there dosn't seem to be any noise from the bait hitting the water, so i tried just dangling my bait up and down when reeled in and still dosn't seem to be any sound, also i'm not sure if it's finished but the long weeds in the water that are in square chunks look like they are from minecraft or something, not very pleasing to look at..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Anybody has some hints on Golden Tench, still cant get this guy.

I cought some on maggots. Try in the shallow waters to the south. They usually bottom feed near weeds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JunkyJuke said:

I cought some on maggots. Try in the shallow waters to the south. They usually bottom feed near weeds.

Thanks, it kinda worked because I got many fat Tenchs, still no golden one but will keep trying :D

Edited by bart86pl
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Thanks, it kinda worked because I got many fat Tenchs, still no golden one but will keep trying :D

Happy to help :)

maggots are the all around bait in many cases ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bart86pl said:

Anybody has some hints on Golden Tench, still cant get this guy.

I caught a 1.2kg golden on cottage cheese and have heard others mention getting their first one on cottage cheese. Might be worth a shot if you have some.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jmf said:

Honestly has this water-body have any fish at all in it? Been trying to catch anything decent without any luck. Does anyone know a decent spot?

 

bear lake was one of the best lakes in the game  but now it's like the devs nerfed it in the past fish for 4 real life hours and make something like 600 silver now just 200 silver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frenki said:

Hello that is what i catch in Bear Lake for 1h 8 min. rel life time 

  Reveal hidden contents

looool.jpg

 

not even 100 silver for 1h  o well  on the bright side your gear will last longer  haha

 

Edited by blute2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, adrenaline catch said:

Bear lake. Is like a lake from the Jurassic period. The carp there are on steroids, don’t go there on level 20! 

Nah you'll do fine on lvl 20, it just takes much more time to reel those monsters in :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/01/2018 at 2:12 AM, LordLuba said:

Nah you'll do fine on lvl 20, it just takes much more time to reel those monsters in :)

Repairing my drag after every fish lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/01/2018 at 11:29 PM, blute2 said:

best day for a long time  :x

  Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.9289_20180122_220839.png

 

nice kg, but lot of info is missing

spot?

bait?

stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adrenaline catch said:

Repairing my drag after every fish lol

How do you manage to do that? A bit aggressive reeling perhaps? o.O

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Hit level 18! Was so excited to try this lake. I was being stubborn with my low quality gear lol and first fish was a 14kg common. Back to old berg until I upgrade. That place has some scary fish swimming around :)

It has indeed, but if you have line long enough it can be manageable (and takes longer time to reel that monster in). The worst part is if you have multiple feeders on and you get too big of a fish on 2 rods, then you can choose which one you try to catch and which one is proly spool you and cut the line (learned this the hard way)... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KeNeK said:

i have not tried fish here.. to scare for the carps =) hehe i skipped it and was at old burg till lvl 16 the kuori =)

Well I was on Oldburg till lvl 20 and then I checked the Bear, with couple of Perseys with Sabres and still not quite enough. Back to grinding on Old burg :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/01/2018 at 11:25 PM, LordLuba said:

How do you manage to do that? A bit aggressive reeling perhaps? o.O

Not at all mate. Gets too the point we’re you have to tighten the drag up , just too get anywhere with the fish. Back to old burg, untill I reach  lvl 26 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, adrenaline catch said:

Not at all mate. Gets too the point we’re you have to tighten the drag up , just too get anywhere with the fish. Back to old burg, untill I reach  lvl 26 

Well, I reeled in a 15kg grass on a basic bolognese (is it 5.5kg?) with Lacerti reel, or a 34kg cat on a Persey with Sabre - this one took 2.5 irl hours, but I still got it.
Didn't notice that much of an increased dmg to rod/reel... Maybe 3-4% in that Friction item with that cat, dunno exactly.
But even with that why should I repair even after that not that significant dmg? That's why I'm kinda surprised with your statement about repairing after getting a fish reeled in. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LordLuba said:

Well, I reeled in a 15kg grass on a basic bolognese (is it 5.5kg?) with Lacerti reel, or a 34kg cat on a Persey with Sabre - this one took 2.5 irl hours, but I still got it.
Didn't notice that much of an increased dmg to rod/reel... Maybe 3-4% in that Friction item with that cat, dunno exactly.
But even with that why should I repair even after that not that significant dmg? That's why I'm kinda surprised with your statement about repairing after getting a fish reeled in. :)

Why should you repair after insignificant damage? Well, perhaps when you hit the higher end reels you will take a back seat on this comment and understand why. The repair costs are constantly a niggling problem, leave it too long and your equipment explodes. Repair too often and your end up bankrupt, line a little worn? extra damage to your equipment. Try and find the mid way and end up bankrupt anyway. When you finally get passed these issues, you then have repair times where logging off pauses the process and have I mentioned that it takes longer to repair better items? This is supposed to be the most realistic fishing sim on the market currently, considering all the mechanics and whatnot are absolutely top notch, the repair system is perhaps one of the most frustrating and spoke about areas since a playable version was released. What has been done to help alleviate the problem? Not a sausage. Why? Cause its a way to force players into buying gold. Nothing more. 

Instead of trying to educate players who obviously know what they are talking about with irrelevance, try and look from others perspective. 

As for your example about catching 15kg grass carps and whatnot on low end gear, this is not an achievement, it is easily achieved depending on the water body you reside on. Max out the length of line on the reel, follow the fish so it never reaches it maximum length, wait for the fish to become exhausted and then spend half a month reeling it in. Catfish? Another fish with plenty of complaints about, they are not hard to get in, they just take an age and damage your equipment. Considering their value when sold, unless you can find a cafe order they are pointless to catch which is why most folks just open the bail arm and wave them good bye. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hookjaw Jim said:

Why should you repair after insignificant damage? Well, perhaps when you hit the higher end reels you will take a back seat on this comment and understand why. The repair costs are constantly a niggling problem, leave it too long and your equipment explodes. Repair too often and your end up bankrupt, line a little worn? extra damage to your equipment. Try and find the mid way and end up bankrupt anyway. When you finally get passed these issues, you then have repair times where logging off pauses the process and have I mentioned that it takes longer to repair better items? This is supposed to be the most realistic fishing sim on the market currently, considering all the mechanics and whatnot are absolutely top notch, the repair system is perhaps one of the most frustrating and spoke about areas since a playable version was released. What has been done to help alleviate the problem? Not a sausage. Why? Cause its a way to force players into buying gold. Nothing more. 

Instead of trying to educate players who obviously know what they are talking about with irrelevance, try and look from others perspective. 

As for your example about catching 15kg grass carps and whatnot on low end gear, this is not an achievement, it is easily achieved depending on the water body you reside on. Max out the length of line on the reel, follow the fish so it never reaches it maximum length, wait for the fish to become exhausted and then spend half a month reeling it in. Catfish? Another fish with plenty of complaints about, they are not hard to get in, they just take an age and damage your equipment. Considering their value when sold, unless you can find a cafe order they are pointless to catch which is why most folks just open the bail arm and wave them good bye.

You didn't have to start that angry attitude. I know about all the issues you wrote, following closely what's on forum and playing it by myself.
I know it's not that of an achievement, for someone, for me it was quite a thing. Even that catfish, I was cheering up, after I got it in net, still cheering up after checking xp gain. I won't even mention that disappointing part after I went to sell it. Everyone here knows, I knew it even before.

This game is slowly turning into P2P, but it's not for discussion here.
I was only asking you what's the reasoning to repair stuff right after some insignificant dmg, because I read the dev response somewhere on forum it's better to wait a while. I don't agree with that system, not pricing, but I was curious about your way of things. You're telling me to look at ti from others perspectives, damn that's why I was asking you...

If you're so frustrated with things, I'm sorry about it, but you won't help a thing by trying to point that at me. I can feel you, I can't help you and in the end I don't care. And to finish it, this is sliding way off from the topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×