BayouBeaux

Hello all

So i picked up this game after seeing an old Hawkeye video. Like many of u i cant go out fishing due to c19 lockdowns and such but i love this game  but outside of game im also a fisherman feel free shoot me msg 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BayouBeaux said:

So i picked up this game after seeing an old Hawkeye video. Like many of u i cant go out fishing due to c19 lockdowns and such but i love this game  but outside of game im also a fisherman feel free shoot me msg 

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Nice fish. Did the channel croak when you grabbed him? I usually go under the belly right behind the pectoral fins. I don't trust that dorsal at all. I love the largemouth too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

Nice fish. Did the channel croak when you grabbed him? I usually go under the belly right behind the pectoral fins. I don't trust that dorsal at all. I love the largemouth too.

I'm the exact opposite now that I've had 2 inches of pectoral fin go into my hand between thumb and pointer finger. Had a fat channel cat when I was a teen that was croaking nonstop, to which my dad told me I was "holding it too tight".. soon as I loosened my grip, a sideways flick and I was barbed. We ended up having to cut the fin off the fish (it was kept and eaten) and used pliers to pull on it while I cut away the meat of my hand that was coming out of the puncture site with a felet knife because of those barbs. Truly painful experience that taught me a thing or two about firm grip. I've never had a problem with the dorsal fins lol

• Like 1

some times yes they bark at you and well tbh i been finned so many times in my life it hurts no less i grab however works without me being stabbed.  I save up fish for while then fry them up. I mostly bottom fish esp during winter around here thats when you can get then monster cats. I love all fish though some for sport others for eating, Normally in the fall I fly up to OR and do the salmon run at an uncles nothing like brook trout or steelhead. during this pandemic ive had time to work on my fly fishing some and get better at it. 

• Like 1

Nice post man ^^.

Also welcome on the game/forum 🙂 .

Do blue catfishes have some venom in their fins like those black bullhead catfishes? (here in France we have black bullheads, extremely invasive specie in our waters).

1 hour ago, Goregrinder said:

Nice post man ^^.

Also welcome on the game/forum 🙂 .

Do blue catfishes have some venom in their fins like those black bullhead catfishes? (here in France we have black bullheads, extremely invasive specie in our waters).

Well a catfish if it fins you you have a chance to catch a fever and infection that can become bad if not treated. No matter if its bullhead/blues or channels. They do have glove you can buy at local tackle shop that prevent the fish from being bale to cut your hand though. I been meaning to pick up a pair but by time i rember its usually after i haul in a few lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayouBeaux said:

Well a catfish if it fins you you have a chance to catch a fever and infection that can become bad if not treated. No matter if its bullhead/blues or channels. They do have glove you can buy at local tackle shop that prevent the fish from being bale to cut your hand though. I been meaning to pick up a pair but by time i rember its usually after i haul in a few lol

Lol.

Is this fish good to eat?

I love them i usually take  fillets  then bread them you can also make catfish nuggets kinda like a chicken nugget but with fish i perfer 3lbs to 10lbs to eat on blues the channel and bullheads i dont eat often well bullheads i never eat

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 3:30 PM, Goregrinder said:

Lol.

Is this fish good to eat?

If you ever make it to the USA there are two freshwater species you gotta try - Catfish and Crappie. If you come to Nashville, I'll take you out to catch your own 🙂

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

If you ever make it to the USA there are two freshwater species you gotta try - Catfish and Crappie. If you come to Nashville, I'll take you out to catch your own 🙂

Oh thank you so much dear Elwoodiath, would be awesome 😄 .
If you go someday to France, we'll go carp, and european catfish fishing 😄, but we probably would not eat them haha, not premium to eat. Here the best is zander 🍽️, very very good meat 😍.

Just now, Goregrinder said:

Oh thank you so much dear Elwoodiath, would be awesome 😄 .
If you go someday to France, we'll go carp, and european catfish fishing 😄, but we probably would not eat them haha, not premium to eat. Here the best is zander 🍽️, very very good meat 😍.

We have two species from the same Genus as zander here and both are tasty. Walleye and Sauger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sander_(fish)

1 minute ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

We have two species from the same Genus as zander here and both are tasty. Walleye and Sauger: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sander_(fish)

Wow, I knew about the walleye, but not about the sauger. This one looks a bit strange, but beautiful also!
I saw many documentaries about walleye fishing at the big lakes in the North of America. Huge populations, extreme fishing, just paradise haha.

image.png.dff91b241219cd1134085bd1342baee1.png

On 1/18/2021 at 11:14 PM, Elwoodiath2 said:

Speaking of crappie my brother inlaw pulled thi one in yesterday when we went was slow day we caught many but most where to small to keep the lake we went to has a slot limit where fish has be a certain size in order to keep they must be 12 inchs long 

14 hours ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

• Like 1

Ive not been for walleye or sauger to my knowledge they dont have them here in texas. I got family lives up there mostly in ripley and mason tenn when i visit we normally head up to Fort Loudoun Lake to fish 

• Like 1