Engconn50

Can Drifting/Trolling Be Improved On Sura/Donets?

I really like drifting/trolling, as it is quite a nice method of fishing. Volkov/Tunguska drift/troll quite well with the current direction flow of the river. I really like these 2 rivers. Though may be a subtle bug, I would like to point out that drifting on Sura/Donets does not flow with the current. no matter where I place or start the boat from, the result always the same. The drift time doesn't get really going straight. Here are a couple of examples. The boat will immediately either go left or right or vice versa. I also like fishing in the west side of the map Sura (2m section) boat goes diagonally sharp and heads towards the banks. Though many times the boat turns itself around as well, but its trajectory will always go directly to shoreline. As well I tried to drift southwest corner through 4,5 hole but will drift Northwest instead and head towards the channel. Which is against the current and goes directly to shores. Anywhere on Donets is the same. Trolling has the same effect as well, the boat will immediately either go left or right or vice versa with or against the current. This diagonal effect is the same on Akhtuba as well but not so abrupt and width of the river I'm sure helps. I really hope & wish there is a cure for this! 

Im not sure do you have real life experience with rivers and currents, but the main current is usually consistent, but not always the same strength and direction. The water movement closer to the obstacles(banks, holes etc) is totally different and can go in opposite direction compared to the current and is common to circle or even stand without water movement. Beside water movement the wind also has greater or lesser impact on boat movement, so its not that simple.

• Like 2

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the feedback 🙂  Now for some really creative theory crafting fishing🤣