47 minutes ago, bart86pl said:

Having a hard time to get decent spot at Volkhov and sadly on other lakes as well :(

Yep same.Seems it gets worse with every update.I like that they try to make it so realistic as possible but people just wanna catch fish.Simple as that.

Here is the result of a 4 hour session at 71:100.

Setup : 2 feeder + 1 match rod with waggler (depth 4.75-5.25m, depending of where you cast).

Baits: bark beetle (worked great for small bream species, vimba and nase), maggot, bloodworm, caster, redworm

Gb: white bream and roach mix

Result: 90 checked fishes in the net + around 50 fishes turned into fish pieces, or baitfish, or just released (the spot is infested with 200g perches)

Money earned: 370 silver + 165 silver for the orders => 535 silver

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181009_123040.thumb.png.5d1fa0cc9c9e4acb40978c42e44218e9.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181014_000040.thumb.png.a3643ef764eaec3aa96f35d28e9c53b6.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181013_235915.thumb.png.f673d04895eb4e862ee480320ccfb36a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181014_003042.thumb.png.cb69aade388be88e7080c449936fbbf9.png

Edited by Goregrinder
  • Like 2

just some info to help other players

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_094345.thumb.png.82a1f28b55945575a95dbcfe70a3341a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_101013.thumb.png.5c1e2781f47a405a55e0e411a083d781.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_100958.thumb.png.af5e179f5f1cd8467a482e8ffc407e5b.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_093801.thumb.png.95a7aa785d11092f1a73cd09546742f7.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_094503.thumb.png.5ec5ae5993fc2cd0a8ec281fa48f6fa1.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_094043.thumb.png.ac16028f8778520520352d983736d30d.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_095306.thumb.png.06cbb2d94323ad759af4ca70fb7fbef6.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_100452.thumb.png.fa8f31a936bebc0e1303f8ac6c42a82d.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_094055.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.10788_20181017_094637.png

• Like 1

Your welcome but like i said i aint for sure yet either as to how it effects it but i do know the fish are under water and cant feel the wind LOL but the wind brings debris it blows gnats and bugs into the water it also blows seeds and grains orwhatever plants may be in teh area i mean so regardless of whether people think wind plays no part or not is up to them but the wind in real life does blow food items into the water and it will accumulate on teh bank opposite of where the wind is coming from but i still cant figure out exactly how it plays a role int hegame but i do know that when im fishing a good spot the wind will change and teh fish stop biting there so i have to move sometimes there is more bites in the diretion the wind blows towards sometimes not so gotta master it some more still 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:36 AM, leivite said:

I can accept that wind effects the fishing, but I cant agree that they all just up and move with the wind. I fished 71:100 for 9 days straight, every day, and caught non stop bream. They didn't just move with the wind. That is not to say it has no effect, but the bream never just vanished on a windy day.

Also, Ive been paying a lot more attention to the Russian forums over the last 3 days and Im starting to think that being on different servers, that their hot spots might be different. Ive fished all the spots they have mentioned in the last 3 pages of their forums and still haven't caught a single trophy bream in over a week. I caught 1 trophy white bream yesterday when i decided to do my own exploring.

Long story short I find it highly suspect that there may have been some updates made that didn't make the patch notes. It is too coincidental that a large patch comes out and all of us are scrambling to find the fishing we had before. They nerfed it, its done. I definitely wont be paying for premium again until I start catching fish like I was again. They do not have to jump on my bait, but it would be nice if poles didn't stay silent through prime bream time.

Also, before anyone says time temp and location, go check the last 3 pages of the Russian forums, and see how many locations they give out. Ive been to them all.

Your very lucky to have gotten hits like that in teh same spot for that many days and as i said im not saying its an exact science i seen somewhere on Lady of Games where she also said something about the wind but im now saying the wind is the only thing causing migration of fish temperature and weather in general will also effect them and then sometimes its like you just hit a lucky streak and you get hits forever in teh same area so I really dont know what is going on when that happens unless they start feeling sorry for giving us crappy fishing for a few days and decide to restock the lake or something i have no clue it really does feel like the Devs are controlling how many fish you catch on their own sometimes i have had problems for 3 days finding a good bream spot, i get a few but then its dead again and yes the wind has changed but sometimes it doesnt and it still dies, so who knows something surely doesnt seem right maybe they are trying to get everyone to go to the new lake but some of us arent able to go so i dont see how that is productive at all. Or maybe they are trying to make it more realistic but if thats the case there arent going to be many people get on here and sit for hours watching their poles be still in teh water if we want to do that we will go fishing for real where we can at least enjoy the nature around us as we sit lol  

same here i have not caught a single bream since Saturday, even the silver bream have dried up. Think i have covered most of the map, but lucky for me i can go to Lagoda been ok there

On 10/11/2018 at 6:37 AM, SwagnusSwagnusson said:

Great post.

I'm a saltwater angler in the UK and on the stretch of coast i fish, from rocks, from beaches, or from a boat further out there is no point at all even leaving the house if an Easterly wind is blowing.

I mentioned this to somebody in chat when they were complaining, volkhov was 'dead' or that the fish population had been 'nerfed' and I was told that the wind had no effect on fish as they are underwater. Any real-life angler will tell a very different story, wind direction can be everything in fish feeding habits, and I see no reason why the devs wouldn't have made this a part of the game.

I've yet to work out which parts of which water body are affected by which wind, but as always, if the fish stop biting, either go elsewhere , or change tactics and bait. People remaining in the same spot continuing to throw out baits that once worked for them and complaining that the river is now 'dead' have to be more willing to change their methods.

Really good info in your post @gamesiren I'll try and make use of it next time I'm at Volkhov :)

sorry i tried to reply and accidently put it in teh wrong spot so now my reply is on teh next page somewhere it starts with your welcome LOL anyways what i was trying to say to people is that i have had multiple occasions where the wind changed and i  swear at he very moment it happened my spot where i had JUST got over 30 fish in a mater of minutes was dead NOTHING bit not even a ruffe took my worm so i started tying to experiment a bit and id find a spot somewhere in teh vicinity of where the wind was blowing towards, NOT directly in teh opposite direction but somewhere nearby IF the weather and time was also to the good for bream that is if the weather wasnt bream weather then i thought maybe they are at a differnt depth at another location closeby and sure enough i found them they were still on the opposite bank that teh wind was blowing towards. The wind was blowing FROM teh north and i found them not directly south because that hole was deeper but in teh more shallow hole a lil further up, BUT when it happened again it was different however it was also a different time of day when it happened and also you have to think about the pressure> If there is a cold front or a warm fron and how long that front has been going on because right before those pressures change it seems the fish in real life will bite but after it changes they go stale for a while till their bodies adjust to the new water temp. People can say all they want but unless you have really been into fishing in your life you never know how much the environment plays a role. THIS IS a GAME however so it isnt going to be exactly how it is in real life BUT SOME stuff is pretty close so why not have the weather wind and temp work as triggers for the games internal clock to determine when and where the fish move. ANd for those who do not know why wind plays a role in fishing because teh fish cant feel it, it really has nothing to do with the wind but to do with the food. The wind will blow bugs, grain, plant matter ect and it will accumulate on teh bank that the wind is blowing towards the fish will then follow the smell of that food and accumulate in these areas and that is ONE reason fish are effected by the wind but there are other reasons as well and since i am tired of typing i shall let you refer to the mighty internet to figure those other reasons out lol 

iM STILL CATCHING THEM BUT NOT NOWHERE NEAR LIKE I WAS i THINK IVE BEEN AT THIS RIVER FOR TOO LONG AND MY SUPPLY IS RUNNING LOW LOL, I KNOW WHEN I GO TO A NEW PLACE THE FISHING IS ALWAYS GREAT FOR A FEW DAYS EVEN WEEKS SOMETIMES BUT AFTER A WHILE THEY DRY UP. I WAS WNDERING IF YOU RELEASE FISH IF IT HELPS KEEP THE POPULATION UP. I MEAN I THINK THAT IF YOU ARE WILLING TO RELEASE A FISH AND LOSE OUT ON COIN THAT THEY SHOULD MAKE IT TO WHERE THAT FISH GROWS INTO A MONSTER AND HELPS REPOPULATE THE FISH FASTER OR SOME KIND OF INGAME INCENTIVE FOR THE LOWER LEVEL FISH THAT ARE RELEASED. i KNOW YOU GET EXTRA EXP FOR TEH BIGGER ONES IF THEY ARE RELEASED BUT IT WOULD BE SO COOL TO COME BACK A FEW WEEKS LATER AND RE CATCH THAT SAME FISH AND HES DOUBLE THE SIZE AND MAYBE HAVE A LIL POP UP THAT SAYS CONGRATS THE FISH YOU RELEASED BECAME A MONSTER AND GET EVEN MORE EXTRA EXPERIENCE FOR RECATCHNG IT LOL I KNOW THATS ASKING FOR ALOT BUT DANG IT IF THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE IT HARDER TO CATCH FISH THEY NEED TO BE THINKING OF WAYS TO MAKE IT MORE INTERESTING AT LEAST. I HAVE RELEASED A COUPLE SMALL ONES BEFIRE AND JUST WONDERED IF ILL COME BACK AND CATCH THEM AGAIN ONE DAY AND IF THEY WILL BE BIGGER OR IF THEY WILL SOMHOW HELP THE FISH REPOPULATE LATER IN THE GAME BUT USUALLY I KEEP EVERYTHING FOR SILVER BUT THAT WOULD BE A WAY TO PERSUADE PEOPLE TO RELEASE MORE OFTEN AND IT WOULD BE A GOOD WAY TO REPOPULATE LAKES AND IT IS A REALISTIC APPROACH AT DOING SO.

• Like 1

something to test got some nice chubs on wobbler the blue crank in volkhof while im trolling between the harbor and the railway bridge.. casting 30 % and lock the reel when it hit the water . normal it can't work. weird

Edited by ID_kenny

On 10/18/2018 at 11:26 PM, gamesiren said:

Your very lucky to have gotten hits like that in teh same spot for that many days and as i said im not saying its an exact science i seen somewhere on Lady of Games where she also said something about the wind but im now saying the wind is the only thing causing migration of fish temperature and weather in general will also effect them and then sometimes its like you just hit a lucky streak and you get hits forever in teh same area so I really dont know what is going on when that happens unless they start feeling sorry for giving us crappy fishing for a few days and decide to restock the lake or something i have no clue it really does feel like the Devs are controlling how many fish you catch on their own sometimes i have had problems for 3 days finding a good bream spot, i get a few but then its dead again and yes the wind has changed but sometimes it doesnt and it still dies, so who knows something surely doesnt seem right maybe they are trying to get everyone to go to the new lake but some of us arent able to go so i dont see how that is productive at all. Or maybe they are trying to make it more realistic but if thats the case there arent going to be many people get on here and sit for hours watching their poles be still in teh water if we want to do that we will go fishing for real where we can at least enjoy the nature around us as we sit lol  

When i first got to Kuori I fished the Quay for a week straight, just the same, got non stop bream. Eventually of course, that spot died, and I moved on to volk, down by the railroad bridge, and fished there for another week straight on bream, then finally moved on to 71:100 for 9 days. I wasnt the only one there. The spot was hot for almost 14 real life days, then after the patch I can only catch white bream and vimba. I havent played in a week, I just keep an eye on these forums, which are nearly dead, so I assume the water is still dead too. Probably moving on from this game, its just not fun anymore. Not interested in fishing for a real life month for 1 upgraded pole setup to just catch the same small fish.

Volkhov is giving me crazy money and experience, more than when the trophy Bream were around!

Just think small....and big things will happens.

I cannot help but ponder this situation with the low bite rate and decline of Bream at least.  We often get a message "please wait" whilst catching a fish and it takes some time to display the fish.  I wonder with increasing numbers of people joining the game, and catching bigger numbers, if the servers are struggling to keep up with serving the images.  So then the numbers have been nerfed and a conscious effort has been made to get people on spin fishing, where less fish per minute will be caught.  If this is the reason then perhaps the fish images should have been saved locally on the users computer and not held on the servers, to preserve the Status Pro and balance the server information flow.  What RF4 need to realise is whilst people in the US do spin fishing we in Europe do more Feeder and float fishing with a lesser amount of spin fishing.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:10 PM, leivite said:

When i first got to Kuori I fished the Quay for a week straight, just the same, got non stop bream. Eventually of course, that spot died, and I moved on to volk, down by the railroad bridge, and fished there for another week straight on bream, then finally moved on to 71:100 for 9 days. I wasnt the only one there. The spot was hot for almost 14 real life days, then after the patch I can only catch white bream and vimba. I havent played in a week, I just keep an eye on these forums, which are nearly dead, so I assume the water is still dead too. Probably moving on from this game, its just not fun anymore. Not interested in fishing for a real life month for 1 upgraded pole setup to just catch the same small fish.

yeah its isnt like it used to be i have found good holes that fished well for a few real life days but never that many days in a roll and not explosively good all the time just better than what is going on right now HOWEVER i havebeen at this  river now for days actually got the acheivment for spending the most hours in one location for so long maybe its because im fishing here so much IDK maybe if i go fish somewhere else for a few real life days without moving back and forth then maybe i can come back here and it will be better IDK but i do know that in real life  cold fronts and warm fronts can make fish bite or not bite for long periods of time. If i look at the weekly forcast and it is getting ready to be a cold front move in on the last day of that i week i know that right before it comes through there will be fish, but  according tohow long that cold front lasts it will be dead but if that front lasts a long while towrds the end of it things might starts picking up because the fish get used to the temp and start biting again , i KNOW thats how real fishing is and i have seen if happen similar on this game at times. It was hot with a light wind for aabout  2 in game weeks at the begining of that week it was a little slow but halfway through it it picked up big time and i looked at the weather and see that it was going to shift in temp drastically and sure enough it was dead as hell  for days and that was before this latest update at a totally different location problem is it dont say anything about the pressure in weather description so it could just be a extremey hot or cold day and have nothing to do with pressure  and i do know wind plays a roll in real life fishing its not that the fish feel the wind its because the wind blows food into certain areas if youve ever been to a lake and seen an accumulation of leaves and junk on top of the water the wind blew it there in that direction and there is more than likely fish there and i have had that stategy work for me multiple times BUT there are times it doesnt maybe because its too cold all of a sudden maybe because a cold front or warm front just moved in maybe because teh current in certain locations plays a role in moving the debri to other locations IDK but i am still sitting for about 2 hrs real life time and making around 150 silver so its not that its really that bad im just not getting alot of bites all at one time anymore and i aint seeing the trophies i used to catch and i aint finding actualyt hot spots anymore. Its scattered and it takes a lot fo running back and forth and trolling for me to get what i am getting like ive been going to the islands and sit one pole on each end of the island in different holes, and runing to each one and which ever one gets the most hits in the least amunt of laps is the one i settle on for the last few hours of bottome fishing and still sometimes cant catch anything but ruffes or roach which just drives me mad so idk what it is but i guarantee there is a reason why its happening other than latest patch because i HAVE had it happen before as well and then it pick back up again dramatically, I guarantee there is a system depending on temp weather time of week time of day and noone has mastered it yet. There has to be an internal system within the game that calculates when the fish are biting and where they move to and the only thing that they are sure to give us is weather wind ect and i dont think those are put in the game for nothing. If it didnt mean anything why would they even let us know that stuff why even go through the hassel of making another menu and page if it didnt mean something. If i was making a game where weather and time didnt matter i wouldnt bother with making a weather forcast page, or placing all that stuff for us to have access to so there is a system to it and when and if anyone ever figures it out i would love to know the secret but i doubt that anyone will reveal it even if they do figure it out cause they are going to want a leg up when it comes to competitions and stuff

2 hours ago, AnglerDangler said:

I cannot help but ponder this situation with the low bite rate and decline of Bream at least.  We often get a message "please wait" whilst catching a fish and it takes some time to display the fish.  I wonder with increasing numbers of people joining the game, and catching bigger numbers, if the servers are struggling to keep up with serving the images.  So then the numbers have been nerfed and a conscious effort has been made to get people on spin fishing, where less fish per minute will be caught.  If this is the reason then perhaps the fish images should have been saved locally on the users computer and not held on the servers, to preserve the Status Pro and balance the server information flow.  What RF4 need to realise is whilst people in the US do spin fishing we in Europe do more Feeder and float fishing with a lesser amount of spin fishing.

There is no difference in overall "bite rate" everything seems the same after this last update to me as it has always been. After every update or hard reset of the servers the fishing is kinda slow for a period of time, weather is average or bad for fishing at alot of the water bodies and you have to choose your spots/ lakes carefully, then all of a sudden the weather is good at more and more places and the spots become more solid and reliable. (Which is what is happening right now it looks like)

Also there is cycles of which fish are active and what their preferred baits and conditions are. This has happened so many times with the bream. When they are not super active other stuff is (ie. ides, silver bream, white-eyed bream, blue bream, vimba) And almost the same money and trophy hunting can be made off of them when you find the best spot. (My steam account has been catching lots of trophies at 66:100 when I decide to log on and go there when temps are cooler)

There is a bunch of water bodies to choose from, and there is always a spot or way to make good money going on. You just have to test water-bodies with good weather or draw on clues from what other people are catching or get connected with some people on the water body fishing and find out active spots.

All this stuff goes in cycles though, people will be back posting their full nets with bunch of trophy bream again. I am sure of that.

12 minutes ago, diggersby said:

Roach infestation ... for every 10 fish i catch 8 are roach

Change baits to one they dont eat as much, or change spots, or take your GB off and just catch them on worms or pearl barley, something cheap so you still profit and have a chance to skill up, there is several ways to make the best of that  situation or change it.