Sign in to follow this  
Zaon90

Buffing Float?

Hello.

So today i've watched multiple people catching trophys over and over again. All on Bottom Fishing of course, some with PvA and some without.

As I just love playing with Match Rods/Waggler's is there anything you will do to upgrade the bite rate or increase the chance of actually catching a trophy?

It's no critcism, i'm just loving float fishing alot. But since the lack of Trophys and the slow performance of bite rates im really tempted to go back to Legacy Ti.. since it's so overpowered from my perspective. I'm using Spod/GB/Cobras and it isn't really that effective as PvA. Played with a friend just to see the difference for a few hours. He landed 3x Commons Trophys, and my biggest was 19.897, robbed I know. Using Flouro Leader's and smaller waggler's but didn't do anything.

Is there any chance that PvA might come to it or anything else that might help us Match Fishermans increasing our chances?

Thank you for reading,

ZaoN

Edited by Zaon90
  • Like 2

I want to support this topic, the question is really important and interesting!

• Like 1

I have to agree with you.

carp rods and pva is superior to match rods and match is even harder since you need to hook the fish aswell.

maybe a new tab for "float" could motivate more ppl to start using match without modifying any silver/bite rate

we have tabs for ul and telesticks i dont see why we couldnt have one for "float" 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i wonder why bottom has autohook anyway. If you play with carp hair rig or similar setups the bait is on the ground too. So both are groundtechnics but one has autohook the other dont. Unfair. Remove the autohook from bottom since its unreal anyway.

Edited by OwiHH

Its not unreal, autohooking is possible because you have heavy sinker there, that will cause the hook to set.

• Like 1

I agree, fishing for bottom is easier, take less effords, and you can stay Afk.
float fishing or spin is way harder, and less efective for troffys.

But in my opinion this is what makes more fun to me... 

Float fishing and feeder fishing is part and parcel of my everyday set ups on the match circuit in the UK and the game puts bottom fishing on a much higher bite rate than you would get IRL. Remember we usually target larger species with bottom rods so in itself unless the places you fish are just crammed with big fish the bite rates are way way slower than float fishing. I have never in almost 50 years of fishing ever come close to a catch rate on bottom rods as I do with float. It is much faster and more direct and believe it or not you miss less bites. You also get more bites as you are fishing with lighter tackle. I would love to use my float rods but it just doesn't pay when most of the time you strike at air or you prick the fish on the strike. Also trying to hook up with the rod on the ground is pretty near impossible. The float might be gone but so is the fish. There is no comparison between bottom fishing and float fishing . Float fishing has no balance compared to other methods. The poles which are actually known as speed sticks are hardly speedy. It needs to be overhauled and the line from the float back to the rod is more like tugboat rope than line and should never be that tight . Bring some love to the float fishing please. I had to reskill because it's so bad 😞