RF4mod

Farming experience points

1 minute ago, ayala2k17 said:

I`m not sure this is a bug or not.So when i try to find worms whit the shovel sometimes i get the worm but not the exp towards the "harvesting baits" skill.This happens pretty often like 3 out of 5 worms that i find it doesn't give me exp.

That isn't a bug. The more worms you dig up, the lesser % increase you will get. It's because you've 'mastered' it. You will still get % increase, but at a lesser rate. Try creating baits that are higher up in the skill tree and you'll get more % faster.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ayala2k17 said:

Thank you.I didn't thought about that.So basicly to get to 50% i no longer can dig worms but i need to craft baits?

You can still dig worms, but to increase your % faster, you should try making different baits like semolina porridge, sweet dough, garlic dough and so on.

3 minutes ago, akichy47z said:

I have a bug for when i catch a fish it dose not give/show how much skill xp i get, like 70% of fish do not give me any

It isn't a bug. That's how the player progresses through the game. To get more exp points you need to switch to catching other species of fish. Bigger, stronger, more rare specimens. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2017 at 4:27 AM, alecolos92 said:

It is already slow as hell for me with worms even if i'm 21%

Start crafting making the various dough balls and porridge.  

1 hour ago, Saldas said:

What is the cap (or is there one) for characters level? And what about skills in this game? I know we get 1 point each time we advance 1 level. But there are so many skills we can spend those points on. In Float fishing alone we have to spend 47 skill points to unlock/master everything. Spin has 61, Bottom 47, Harvesting 57, Groundbait 5 and Lures has an insane 85  skill points to be invested in. To become an ultimate master of everything you would need to be over lvl300 (lvl 302 if I count everything correct).  So I guess there cant be such a thing as a universal fisherman in this game. The skill system forces you to pick one type of fishing and invest heavily in it unless you happy to pay nearly 10$ everytime you decide to go fishing other styles. Please don't take it as a rant or anything like that but at the moment the pricing of gold is ridiculous. I happily spend my money in the games but in this one prices are so crazy high that I don't think I ever buy anything. I hope its just a prerelease prices as the players base is relatively small and devs do need money to continue the development. And I might buy a premium one day, but the gold is probably cheaper in real life then it is in this game :)

Hey Saldas,

we have no level cap in the game and each time you level up from 1-19 you will get 1 skillpoint from 20-29 you will get 2 skillpoints and this continues like this.

Then you talk about how many skillpoints you need but there are skill like "SpinningReel" that if you put 1 point in to them you will get 3 points, cause you will get 1 in spinning 1 in bottom fishing and 1 in float fishing there are many more skills that work the same or nearly the same way and we don't even have all skill trees implemented yet.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Marcoz said:

Do you get groundbait experience only through creating groundbites ? Because to get to 30% to unlock Anise oil ( for bream gb) it means I would have create minimum 150 groundbaits...(if i'm lucky and get 0.2% everytime, which we know is not going to happen ) look how much silver need to be spend to buy ingridients:( that's insane. no other ways of speeding the process up ?

Greetings Marcoz
The game currently is only at 35% complete. A lot of core features are still missing, like making more money through other means than only selling fish. Those features will be added in the future, the closest one are the orders that will help you generate more money to provide in financing crafting baits/lures and making groundbait.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fastd said:

Am I actually getting the 33% xp bonus  for being a premium member?

Spoiler

I have just levelled up to 19. This left me with 1.4k / 200k. these are figures easy to remember.

I Just caught a 10,300 xp fish and showed a 3400xp bonus. When I start to play again It showed my total as 11.4k / 200k. Surely this should be 1.4 k+ 10300 +3400 = 15100

Where did my premium bonus go. This happened earlier as I was approaching levelling up but I thought I must have fell short by a little bit but it seems it  may not be the case.

Are you telling me that the first xp figure is the total including the premium bonus? If so why do people say you get an extra 33% on premium? A bit of false advertising perhaps? 

The 33% bonus is already included in the total xp the fish gives. So in thise case of that 10,3k xp 3,4k xp was the 33% bonus. When you are non-premium the bonus XP won't show. 

7 minutes ago, fastd said:

Just checked..Catch a fish say 300 xp...it shows 100xp bonus. Take the 100 from the 300...leaves 200...+ 100xp bonus to give the 300. 100 is 50% of 200. So premium members get 50% not 33.3?

Could you provide a screenshot please?

25 minutes ago, fastd said:

Just checked..Catch a fish say 300 xp...it shows 100xp bonus. Take the 100 from the 300...leaves 200...+ 100xp bonus to give the 300. 100 is 50% of 200. So premium members get 50% not 33.3?

Spoiler

Last time I tried to post a screen shot you blocked it....but those figures are correct. I have caught dozens of fish since and premium adds 50% not 33%..do the math or join me in teamspeak as you have the address as I can not work this forum as I am over 14 and dont understand forums ;)

I can't hop onto everyone's Teamspeak or Discord to have private chats. If you want to discuss it, this is the place for it. As for screenshots, we don't block those, we hide them - spoiler feature. Click on the > symbol in the post and it will show. So again, please provide a screenshot so we can take a look at it.

3 hours ago, TRX5811xITAx said:

hi guys,

im talking about skill points. how you can get a fish with skill points? i think if you are luky.

but it is an important part of the game...

thanks

If you mean how do you get skill point gain (catch fish that give you % gain) the key is diversity. Fish lots of different species, sizes, baits, hook sizes etc. The key is that you want to be catching fish you have not caught many of (size, species, technique.). Often one will find that they have been catch lots of big fish and not getting gains, they will then catch a small one and to their surprise they get skill gain. It is because they have notcaught a lot of small fish etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, willmal said:

hi guys, im dont read it all in here, but im acctually not understanding some thing about the #skill gain, like im getting nothing now sometimes, what i need to do to aways win %skill point on what im doing? what interferes in that?, like if i do this im not getting %, and if i do this im starting to get points again. tnks 

Hello Willmal,

For crafting skills like "Harvesting baits", "Making groundbait", "Making lures" you get skill % increase by crafting baits, groundbaits and lures. But if you make a lot of the same item you will start getting less and less skill % increase. When you start getting less skill % increase you should switch to crafting a different bait if you were crafting baits, different groundbait if you were crafting groundbaits or a different lure if you were crafting lures.

As for fishing skills like "Float fishing", "Spin fishing" and "Bottom fishing" you get skill % increase by catching different size and species of fish. If you start getting less skill % increase you should target a different species of fish or try targeting different size of that species. For example if you caught lots and lots of 1kg crucian carps and you are not getting any skill % increase, then you should target smaller crucian carps or larger crucian carps. If that does not help then switch to a different species of fish.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cns180784 said:

I've just unlocked being able to use hair rigs, but how do i use them? are they just automatically used for the bigger baits like boilies?

Hey cns180784, 

19 minutes ago, Murden said:

I'm new to the game and i was wondering, can you max all skills

Yes, there is no lvl cap (skill points), and you can max all skills percentage to 100%.

10 minutes ago, Philburt said:

I buy the spinning rod Siberia Inspiration S60UL for the "+100%XP" feature but it give me only "+50%XP".

Not really fair because in this case i never have bought this rod !

See the screenshots...

Please change this false information in the shop or adjust the multiplier in the game.

Very good game but surely the most unfair and unrewarding game i have ever played = the only reason why i will give no real money in this one for premium or gold !

Have a good day..

PB.

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171217_201436.png

Reveal hidden contents

rf4_4.0.8860_20171217_201509.png

Hello Philburt,

You are getting full 100% bonus xp. First xp is total xp you got for the fish with all added xp bonuses. The second one is how much you got from 100% bonus.
So by doing some math you got 30xp for that fish, 30xp from 100% bonus and your total is 60xp.

And I moved your post to the correct topic.

6 hours ago, Abucarpmaster said:

Why does harvisting blood worms give less skillpoints then harvisting worms when the scoop cost so much and its at a higher lvl then worms

Hello @Abucarpmaster,

Worms are everywhere, so it's easier to get from digging even without skill points invested, other types of baits are harder to get, so it's harder to level harvesting experience on these.

Also, keep in mind that after some harvesting experience gained, it will slow down too.

9 hours ago, Abucarpmaster said:

But you gain nothing harvisting bloodworms where is the logic in that i put points in bloodworms and algae to gain no experience from them

With more skill points invested on harvesting blood worms or algae, you will get more of them, consequently faster experience gain, but they are harder to catch, worms are easier.

51 minutes ago, SteelHead said:

Can someone explain what all happens when you decide to reset the skill points. I am really wanting to do this but want to make sure what all I loose before I do this. Will I keep my currant percentages?  The update says it is free, but it looks like it will cost me 2 skill points- that is not really free .

All the skill points will be reset (you can spend again all the skill points), the percentage gained will stay the same, you can do only 1 time for free.

1 hour ago, SteelHead said:

Thanks for the answer. I currently have 14 skill points, it says that if I reset it I will only have 12 skill points. Are you saying that I will get all 14 ?

Moved your conversation to the correct topic. And to answer your question, if you've 14 skill points invested, you should receive 14 skill points back.

31 minutes ago, SteelHead said:

Okay , I just reset my skill points- 18, and I got 14 back= I LOST 4 Points....

This is why I was so worried about this. Can you Help me get them Back ? $ Points is a lot to loose in this game. 

I had equipment purchases that gave me points for there category, this my be the problem.  I am really upset about this.

Hello SteelHead,

You didn't lose your skill points. Some skills transfer points between different skill trees. For example if you spend a point on a skill "Using spinning reel" it will show 1 point on it in float fishing, spin fishing and bottom fishing, that way it will look that you have spent  3 skill points but you only used 1.
As for points that are on your equipment's information screen they are not show in your skill tree and they only apply on that specific rod.

And if we count your current level, that is 15 (at the time of this post). You start at level 1 and every level you get 1 skill point. So 15 - 1 = 14 levels and that is 1 skill point for every level so your total is 14 skill points..

For give me for not putting this in the correct area, I can not figure out the forum , I am trying to. I just purchased a feeder Rod that gives =1 skill point in "fishing with a feeder Rod".  I did not get any additional points in that area, I had 4 points there prior to the purchase, I still have 4 points in that area after the purchase. Can you explain why I did not get the +1 point in "fishing with a feeder Rod ? I was going to purchase a 2nd rod to get an additional point in that area, I am waiting to make that purchase until I get my +1 point . Thanks You, SteelHead

you only get the point when you are using the rod, but it doesnt show in your skill tree. So you have the extra casting distance and control, but only when using this exact rod.

21 minutes ago, Pobsta said:

Hey, Never knew whether this should go to discussions or questions here.  I want to level up my % in bottom fishing but no matter how much I seem to catch it wont move from 80.5%.   How can I best fish so this % number moves up?  Is using different baits and hooks or higher venues the way to make this move now its so high and seems to have stopped? Or is it just a case of having to catch very much anyway just for it to move even a fraction now?   Thanks

Hello Pobsta,

You get skill increase from catching different weight and species of fish, using different rigs, hooks and baits, but after you reach 70-80% at certain skill tree it becomes a lot harder to get skill percentage increase on that skill tree than  when you were 0-70% since you have caught a lot of different species and sizes of fish.  I would suggest using the best rig you have unlocked and catching different species of fish and various sizes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sauciflex said:

hi guys,

Where i can put my skill points i have 3pts for using a simple bottom rig and 7pts for feeder rod i want to fish only with feeder for now ( i can reset later), i use it for spining reel ?keep it for advanced fottom fishing skill? or maybe go for harvesting bait or ground bait?

I would advice maxing rod and reel first. Only after that put the points into the various rigs.