Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think this can be considered a bug (ingame or just user guide):
Haven't checked ingame, but in User guide - Competitions you can clearly see you can create a competition starting from lvl 1, even there's a player joined from lvl 1 (on screenshots), but in the rules below it's said: Participation in the competition unlocks at level 10.

So which one is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LordLuba said:

I think this can be considered a bug (ingame or just user guide):
Haven't checked ingame, but in User guide - Competitions you can clearly see you can create a competition starting from lvl 1, even there's a player joined from lvl 1 (on screenshots), but in the rules below it's said: Participation in the competition unlocks at level 10.

So which one is it?

Hello LordLuba,

Competitions unlock at level 10. Screenshots were made on a test server and that's why it's showing lower level players joining competitions there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gytautelis said:

Hello LordLuba,

Competitions unlock at level 10. Screenshots were made on a test server and that's why it's showing lower level players joining competitions there.

Okay, at least it's this way. :)

Can you please make other screenshots as those can be misleading?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LordLuba said:

Okay, at least it's this way. :)

Can you please make other screenshots as those can be misleading?

I will ask if it will be changed to another screenshot later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!, I have a question about competitions. For what I have tested, after you create the competition you have a screen where you can chat, and after the ppl join that you could start it.

But, there's no way to schedule a competition? Like starting in 1h so ppl could just join that, keep fishing while it's starting.

Something like you see the competitions list, them you join the one that starts at the time you can play, and you can see if there's ppl joining that too...

Any future plans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did 2 competitions and loving it.
But there are a few downsides on it.

1 - You can't answer whisper on Competition waiting screen.
2 - When in competition chat, there is no pop up if you get a whisper from players and lake chat is also not showing.
3 - Personaly i would like to have some kind of anouncement if there is a competition waiting.
     now we need to check whole time, and we could be to late to join.
     and creators of competitions has no idea if people see it. (so global anouncement would be great)

That's about it, thank you for releasing this faster then was planned (within 2 weeks) 

P.S i lost both competitions :P

Edited by Smilies2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Aibehn said:

Hi!, I have a question about competitions. For what I have tested, after you create the competition you have a screen where you can chat, and after the ppl join that you could start it.

But, there's no way to schedule a competition? Like starting in 1h so ppl could just join that, keep fishing while it's starting.

Something like you see the competitions list, them you join the one that starts at the time you can play, and you can see if there's ppl joining that too...

Any future plans?

Hello Aibehn,

There is no way to schedule competitions, but you can simulate that by asking around what time would be best for certain players and then start your competition around that time.

As for future plans can't say anything about that, because we don't want to promise stuff and then not implement them and disappoint our players.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about announcing that a new competition has been created, on all chats? at least on the water body used for the competition.

Edited by Nagary
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Nagary said:

How about announcing that a new competition has been created, on all chats? at least on the water body used for the competition.

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that would spam the chat, so we cannot implement that. Just think, say 2000 players are online and 250 of those decide to start up a competition in a 2 hour time phrame. That would mean 250 lines of extra text in everyone's chat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smilies2017 said:

I did 2 competitions and loving it.
But there are a few downsides on it.

Spoiler



1 - You can't answer whisper on Competition waiting screen.
2 - When in competition chat, there is no pop up if you get a whisper from players and lake chat is also not showing.
3 - Personaly i would like to have some kind of anouncement if there is a competition waiting.
     now we need to check whole time, and we could be to late to join.
     and creators of competitions has no idea if people see it. (so global anouncement would be great)

That's about it, thank you for releasing this faster then was planned (within 2 weeks) 

P.S i lost both competitions :P

 

Moved to correct topic. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i really really really hope that scheduling and aplying to competitions will be a thing, cause as previous stated competions look and feel great, but nobody wants to sit in lobby for ages and wait for players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grunzor said:

i really really really hope that scheduling and aplying to competitions will be a thing, cause as previous stated competions look and feel great, but nobody wants to sit in lobby for ages and wait for players.

Yes, we'll definitely look into it and see if we can make any adjustments. Please understand this is but the first phase of competitions that we have released. It will undergo some changes in the future, as well as adding to (like duels and team vs team). See this as the first test run of the competitions. We welcome all your input on this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i tried Creating a competition at KUORI, i like the idea very much.

1. After Creating the competition there is no other way to tell people that a competition has already been created apart from informing people in the chat window prior to starting the comp or by switching to another application and informing the players in your group of another app. So if no one is joining you just have to keep on waiting on that screen and can not do anything else. I created 2 competitions today and had to just sit on the competition screen idle (I did not enjoy that part) and if no one comes then neither you can start the competition nor do anything else and so the only option that remains is to cancel the competition.

2. I guess this is a bug but i'm not sure, After creating the competition, 1 person had join and then i think he clicked the I'm ready button or whatever it is and left thereafter. And guess what, the start competition button did not get disabled and i started the competition on my own. After the competition was started other players could not join. I would really suggest the ability for other players to be able to join an ongoing competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Competition system brought us not only the competitions but  a way to share money between players. My question is - will it be punishable if players will create fake comps just to transfer silver between accounts or this is totally legit action?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slatkus said:

Competition system brought us not only the competitions but  a way to share money between players. My question is - will it be punishable if players will create fake comps just to transfer silver between accounts or this is totally legit action?

Moved to correct topic.

That is exactly the reason why there is a competition fee, why the buy-ins are limited to a  maximum, and why players can create only a few competitions at the time. If players want to use this system to move money from one account towards the other, they will do so at a cost. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cannot edit above,  could we have the option to choose amount of rods allowed? i myself would like one rod matches, this way it's fair to new players aswell.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/01/2018 at 12:16 PM, Smilies2017 said:

I did 2 competitions and loving it.
But there are a few downsides on it.

1 - You can't answer whisper on Competition waiting screen.
2 - When in competition chat, there is no pop up if you get a whisper from players and lake chat is also not showing.
3 - Personaly i would like to have some kind of anouncement if there is a competition waiting.
     now we need to check whole time, and we could be to late to join.
     and creators of competitions has no idea if people see it. (so global anouncement would be great)

That's about it, thank you for releasing this faster then was planned (within 2 weeks) 

P.S i lost both competitions :P

Totally agree, this is the most problem when you create a competition and are in the waiting screen, you can't do anything.

I would like to see an annoucement for the new competition created too, if you add in the chat option in the chat setting, to enable or disable the competition annoucement, this will fix the spam problem, like that if you don't want to see it, just need to disable in setting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what you can do too is to create a new tchat tab only for competition annoucement, i think this is easy to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chey said:

what you can do too is to create a new tchat tab only for competition annoucement, i think this is easy to add.

A global chat in that case would help a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've looked into 3rd party options, and without clubs this is mostly a no-go as well. I wish they tuned up the chat system before competitions, its very bare bones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a more comprehensive guide on how the wind speed ,weather and temperature affects the behavior of the fish ? Would be nice to know when in competitions :D

Are there any hidden mechanics or this is as real as it gets and we "should Google and Wikipedia" pretty much any type of fish in the game ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yllian, At this time there is nothing written by us as a guide on those things, But yes Google and Wikipedia are great resources for figuring out what type of bait and times to fish.

Also LadyofGames and Kache both have some great tutorials on their YouTube Channels.

Lady: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYtanVQim36kFEw5GuiUTjg

Kache: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcp8KoB8tBPPRa4KAmppZ2A

Enjoy 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MikeB20 said:

Why is there a limit to number of competitors in competitions?

Yesterday,  I turned up at a competition within the time limit advertised in-game in global chat, only to be told that the competition was full and I could not enter.

There were about 30 players in chat at competition venue; doesn't seem to me to be a heck of a lot of competitors.

It cost me silver to show up, only to be turned away.

Might think twice next time.

MikeB20, Competitions are still fairly new to the game, When competitions were first introduced there were only 16 slots now there is 32 slots so i think as things progress we will see another increase for competitions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×