Jump to content
LadyofGames

Competitions Q&A

Recommended Posts

Hi

can you explain the count in the competitions?

last competition on old burg - maximum weight of three species - tench/silver bream/bleak

 

in the ranking are players with a lower total weight or players who do not have all three species.
Only to understand, how is the counting done?
Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cla1061 said:

Hican you explain the count in the competitions?

Spoiler


last competition on old burg - maximum weight of three species - tench/silver bream/bleak

 

in the ranking are players with a lower total weight or players who do not have all three species.
Only to understand, how is the counting done?
Thank you

 

 

 - The player or the team that caught the heaviest fish of the selected three species wins. Results are calculate by the following formula; Res = (a.weight / a.maxWeight) + (b.weight / b.maxWeight) + (c.weight / c.maxWeight), where weight – weight of the fish of the set species caught by the player or team member, maxWeight – maximum weight of the fish of the set species caught during the competition.

More info here > Competitions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest CycleDave

Do frogs count if you're catching fish. If so, why? They're an amphibian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend and I opened a comp just 4 fun but none of us were able to get the target fish. So what happens to the entree fee then? Is it reimbursed to the competitors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the competition states "Maximum weight", is that defined as total weight of the species caught, or biggest fish of that species caught?

quality or quantity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, f1shbee said:

if the competition states "Maximum weight", is that defined as total weight of the species caught, or biggest fish of that species caught?

quality or quantity?

@f1shbee normally it means the biggest fish of that species caught. so if you catch a common roach that is 1kg you will need to get a bigger common roach to get it to show a bgger fish in that species. hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might have missed it, but will there be a option to turn off the competiton or tournament spam in chat? This is very annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, f1shbee said:

do multiple spots get paid out for comps?  how long do payouts usually take?

@f1shbee Payouts usually occur within 24 hours. Payout structure is below.

PAYOUT STRUCTURE

Up to 50 participants:
1st place – 10
2nd place – 7
3rd place – 5
Top 5 get 7 days of free premium.
 
51 to 100 participants:
1st place – 15
2nd place – 10
3rd place – 7
Top 10 get 7 days of free premium.
 
101 and over participants:
1st place – 25
2nd place – 17
3rd place – 10
Top 15 get 7 days of free premium.
 
If we get full 300 participants room:
1st place – 35
2nd place – 27
3rd place –15
Top 25 get 7 days of free premium.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi the new payout says top 3 get full setup according to their level. I’m level 28, if I am to get a top 3 would I be able to request a carp feeder setup with an Everest reel? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Hi the new payout says top 3 get full setup according to their level. I’m level 28, if I am to get a top 3 would I be able to request a carp feeder setup with an Everest reel? Lol

This new payout is only for low level comps, i think is good change.

 

Also, i think that 2 hour comps should have better prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  had rods in water at start of comp. i heard the gunshot and all of a sudden in a split second i had a 15.9 Kg Grass Carp on my line. It took 3/4 of the comp to land the fish and it didn't even count. Can a moderator or someone else check and see if this fish was on my hook before the gunshot? if it were after there was a problem in the comp.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just a quick question

hello now we do open comps do the russian server have more chance of winning than the eng server its just the russian server catch more and bigger fish than the eng server or is that not the case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28-5-2018 at 5:29 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

Hi the new payout says top 3 get full setup according to their level. I’m level 28, if I am to get a top 3 would I be able to request a carp feeder setup with an Everest reel? Lol


The top 3 of low and medium level comps receive a setup. They can choose between float, spinning or a bottom setup only. The actual setup is created by the staff and fits the level of the player. They cannot request a specific rod and/or reel. For high level competitions the top 3 receives gold instead of a full setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28-5-2018 at 5:38 PM, Various said:

This new payout is only for low level comps, i think is good change. 

Also, i think that 2 hour comps should have better prices.


Two hour competitions are in general created for fish that are harder to target (donets ruffe, golden tench) or take longer to land (sturgeon, catfish). At this stage we have decided to leave the payout the same. Having that said, the competitions are a work in progress. We keep a close eye to the results and will make adjustments if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fishinbuddy said:

I  had rods in water at start of comp. i heard the gunshot and all of a sudden in a split second i had a 15.9 Kg Grass Carp on my line. It took 3/4 of the comp to land the fish and it didn't even count. Can a moderator or someone else check and see if this fish was on my hook before the gunshot? if it were after there was a problem in the comp.

 

Thanks


You hooked it prior to the competition.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, blute2 said:

just a quick question

hello now we do open comps do the russian server have more chance of winning than the eng server its just the russian server catch more and bigger fish than the eng server or is that not the case


This isn't true. The reason you see bigger fish on the Russian servers has several reasons:
1. It has been around roughly 6 months prior to the English server being released. The Russian players have more experience playing the game.
2. The Russian players share their knowledge freely with others on their server/forums. This causes more players becoming familiar with how to attract the bigger fish and landing them.
3. There used to be a big gap between the amount of Russian players and English players. More players means more fish being caught. 

I understand why seeing the Russians have bigger/more fish might lead to the assumption their servers have more and better fish. But that notion is false. We have the exact same fish and weights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LadyofGames said:


This isn't true. The reason you see bigger fish on the Russian servers has several reasons:
1. It has been around roughly 6 months prior to the English server being released. The Russian players have more experience playing the game.
2. The Russian players share their knowledge freely with others on their server/forums. This causes more players becoming familiar with how to attract the bigger fish and landing them.
3. There used to be a big gap between the amount of Russian players and English players. More players means more fish being caught. 

I understand why seeing the Russians have bigger/more fish might lead to the assumption their servers have more and better fish. But that notion is false. We have the exact same fish and weights.

okay thx for reply

one more question let's say if im fishing at bear lake and i've been there for 4 rl hours and filled my net
then i joine a comp on bear lake will my chance of winning drop because i've already had a full net prier to the comp thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blute2 said:

okay thx for reply

one more question let's say if im fishing at bear lake and i've been there for 4 rl hours and filled my net
then i joine a comp on bear lake will my chance of winning drop because i've already had a full net prier to the comp thx


No, a full net does not affect your catching rate at all, whether you're in a competition or not.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Lady if i fish on one spot for lets say 5hours and comp starts i have probably depleted that spot and i will have lover bite rate than a player that just came on same spot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Argosy said:

But Lady if i fish on one spot for lets say 5hours and comp starts i have probably depleted that spot and i will have lover bite rate than a player that just came on same spot


That is correct. I would advice then to change spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no mid lvl comp today?

 

On 9-6-2018 at 2:02 AM, Tenzen said:

Whats with the mid level and low level comps now? So you need to be under lvl 20 to be able to participate in 2/3's the comps now basically. Excludes much of the player base and just encourages people to make a bunch of alts. There is like10-20 people who are even participating in those mids which only includes players that are a specific 4 levels.


yea it needs to be like atleast 16-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s incredible the participants with global especially sura. Making top places in those would be great! Beating out 200+ others you can feel like a champ lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought but a LOT of competition announcements show no Area/lake/destination- for eg last Sura Com- just came up 19mins before start of comp-  Is this me?  Surely everyone needs to know where comp is?-  Apologies if its my lack of Tech knowledge & i hve this wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Faldang said:

Just a thought but a LOT of competition announcements show no Area/lake/destination- for eg last Sura Com- just came up 19mins before start of comp-  Is this me?  Surely everyone needs to know where comp is?-  Apologies if its my lack of Tech knowledge & i hve this wrong

Hi Faldang

It happens sometimes when a competition host wants to surprise the players with the water body. But once the competition registration is open, you will see water body where competition is held.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...