Sign in to follow this  
charliesheen1

Catfish Stories from Real Life

Good evening, dear anglers.

I once heard a story from my home country (Bulgaria) about the death of 2 "anglers", which were fishing in a forbidden waterbody and since they couldn't use lights or any sound at all which would reveal their location to the security, they decided to tie the line to their ankles in order to know when the fish is biting, but apparently they got drunk and fall asleep. Well.. the next thing that happened was that they died, because something bit the bait and pulled them in the water where they drowned. It is not an urban legend or something.. it got covered on the news and on the next day when they sent divers to look for the bodies, they went in the water and some minutes later they came out terrified and said, that on the bottom some gigantic catfish are laying on the bottom like pigs and the divers said that they wouldn't go there again without a cage.

So what do you think guys.. just a story from my home country if you have something similar to tell feel free to do it.

Tight lines 🙂

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 8:39 PM, charliesheen1 said:

Good evening, dear anglers.

I once heard a story from my home country (Bulgaria) about the death of 2 "anglers", which were fishing in a forbidden waterbody and since they couldn't use lights or any sound at all which would reveal their location to the security, they decided to tie the line to their ankles in order to know when the fish is biting, but apparently they got drunk and fall asleep. Well.. the next thing that happened was that they died, because something bit the bait and pulled them in the water where they drowned. It is not an urban legend or something.. it got covered on the news and on the next day when they sent divers to look for the bodies, they went in the water and some minutes later they came out terrified and said, that on the bottom some gigantic catfish are laying on the bottom like pigs and the divers said that they wouldn't go there again without a cage.

So what do you think guys.. just a story from my home country if you have something similar to tell feel free to do it.

Tight lines 🙂

Hey mate!

I think it's fully possible, particularly if people get drunk 😅. There are some stories like that on Rivers Monsters (show animated by Jeremy Wade) with different fish species. And wels catfishes are particularly strong! By the way, if a big fish drags you into water, it would be very difficult to escape. Jeremy Wade determined by testing that a 12kg fish can already make you drown (he was swimming with a 12kg weight, and could not stay at the surface of water).

36 minutes ago, Goregrinder said:

Hey mate!

I think it's fully possible, particularly if people get drunk 😅. There are some stories like that on Rivers Monsters (show animated by Jeremy Wade) with different fish species. And wels catfishes are particularly strong! By the way, if a big fish drags you into water, it would be very difficult to escape. Jeremy Wade determined by testing that a 12kg fish can already make you drown (he was swimming with a 12kg weight, and could not stay at the surface of water).

Thanks for answer dude, yeah it is as you said fully possible and is actually pretty terrifying.. i absolutely love that show with Jeremy Wade, especially the episodes from like Amazon river or something.. would be nice to see Amazon river in RF4 tbh.

2 hours ago, charliesheen1 said:

Thanks for answer dude, yeah it is as you said fully possible and is actually pretty terrifying.. i absolutely love that show with Jeremy Wade, especially the episodes from like Amazon river or something.. would be nice to see Amazon river in RF4 tbh.

Yeah, episodes with exotic fishes are awesome (like the one with the fish which bites men's "dingdingdong" haha).
But I doubt there would be an "Amazon" map on RUSSIAN Fishing 4 ^^. But I know there's some places in Russia, closer to asian countries, with river where belong some exotic fishes like the snakehead. It could be a player's suggestion 😉.

• Like 1