RF4mod

Spinners

Share your knowledge, experience and technique with fellow anglers.  

10 hours ago, Eagle1 said:

is it possible to get a record on spinners , haven't seen any on the list?

Yes it is. There are number of fish that prefer fast moving lures such as spinners.

• Like 1

Spinners are tricky. But I found a formula that works after experimenting for awhile.

When using a spinner, try to put a smaller hook on. The 1st few spinners players have access to have like 1/0 - 2/0 hooks on them which is ridiculous! I replaced that with a size 1 or size 2 treble hook and I am having much more success.

Use willow blades (diamond shaped) when it is sunny and colorado blades (rounded) when it is cloudy and you will have pretty good results.

As for the retrieve, I have had many aggressive bites by simply reeling in at a 25 speed.

Choosing the right color and size can be tricky, but just be sure that you have the proper hook size on your spinners! This is the most important in my opinion.

• Like 2

I am lvl 11, and on Mosquito Lake or Rivulet, I can't catch anything on spinner with beginning equipment after the patch (4.09535). After this patch I haven't caught, anything spinning, my skill can't increase, so I can't open spoons. Also it seems "Jig step" reeling in technique isn't available anymore. 
Any tips on how can I progress with my Spin Fishing skil? Its only at 4.9% and I am not getting any strikes on my spinning equipment.

P.S. Also, I can't post on this forum, only reply ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miki.nis said:

I am lvl 11, and on Mosquito Lake or Rivulet, I can't catch anything on spinner with beginning equipment after the patch (4.09535). After this patch I haven't caught, anything spinning, my skill can't increase, so I can't open spoons. Also it seems "Jig step" reeling in technique isn't available anymore. 
Any tips on how can I progress with my Spin Fishing skil? Its only at 4.9% and I am not getting any strikes on my spinning equipment.

P.S. Also, I can't post on this forum, only reply ??

In regards to mosquito lake it is in my experience focused more toward float and bottom fishing. Winding Rivulet is focused more towards spin and bottom fishing. I have also noticed that when spin fishing at the start is slow. When I started spin fishing on Winding Rivulet I was fishing from the first beach you come to from town. The coordinates are 97:108, I would cast down river and do a slow retrieval. The retrieval speed is up to you. In regards to the jig step I have noticed that it is a stop and go method of reeling in. 

Thanks irish. About the Jig step:

I see tutorials about how people do it with reel only - reel in for 1 turn and then stop, repeat. I was able to consistently produce this Jig step indicator in the lower left by constantly reeling in on low speed while waving the rod: light jerk to the side lasting about a half a second, that would pull the lure, and then waving it back towards the line so it would be slack for about 3 seconds. Now this is impossible to achieve, at least while using the beginning spinner "Furry T01".

Jig-stepping with a spinner doesn't make sense. The best retrieve is simply to throw, and retrieve steadily. It's this way and real life and it should be in the game too.

• Like 1

spinning bait that produce most bites for me are the golden bell spinner, and the most expensive spinning bait with the high star rating. If you use the golden bell, you'll lose only 6 silver tho when a big fish tears it off or you get snagged. so buy the golden bell spinner. can't use spoons rite now at level 12 cause i put my ability points into the wrong perks. :(

Leveling through spinners (15%) was the most miserable gaming experience I've had in years.  Good luck.  Expect to average ~2 fish a day.

On 7/7/2018 at 6:57 AM, Tofflemire said:

Leveling through spinners (15%) was the most miserable gaming experience I've had in years.  Good luck.  Expect to average ~2 fish a day.

The new river hopefully has alot of fish that reacts well to spinners.

I have heard alot of players complaining about leveing with spinners, and i dont know if the fish just doesnt react well to spinners in mosquito and winding, or if we need a "bonus feature" for spinners other than speed up or stop and go as most starting players dont have equipment that will throw the lure far enough or fish in deep enough to actually be able to use those bonusses.

I am thinking about testing spinners on the new WB, just to see if they actually can catch anything other than small perch.

Hi im new . I actually thought they would be more info here on how to use spinners/technics to get the best out of them . Just got the new starter gear . So im open too suggestions ☺ Any help most welcome . 

4 hours ago, Wanessa said:

Hi im new . I actually thought they would be more info here on how to use spinners/technics to get the best out of them . Just got the new starter gear . So im open too suggestions ☺ Any help most welcome . 

Try to find  on Youtube ... You will find many useful tips (Type "russian fishing 4 spinning techniques")

4 hours ago, Fender said:

Try to find  on Youtube ... You will find many useful tips (Type "russian fishing 4 spinning techniques")

Ok i take a look thank you. 

What method of retrieve would you say is best for spinners ? Arent they ment to be retrieved slowly ?  Then maybe use speed up ?  Not sure if spinners are ment for jig step and stop amd go. Sadly real life limits me from testing hours on end. 

Your views please. 

1 hour ago, FasTy said:

What method of retrieve would you say is best for spinners ? Arent they ment to be retrieved slowly ?  Then maybe use speed up ?  Not sure if spinners are ment for jig step and stop amd go. Sadly real life limits me from testing hours on end. 

Your views please. 

I've been using 25 speed, 4 turns then stop for 1 sec... casting always upstream

Observe the spinner as its coming in to you, kiori  is best place for this, i have seen some spinners not spinning but a quick drag will get them going again however we are unable to tell if this is the case once cast out. IRL you can feel the spinner working by the tip head of the rods trembling movement.

The blade should be spinning and not dragging forcing the lure to move sideways, too big a hook or too heavy a line can also cause this.

Im using 32 speed at times but depending on current, wind, time of-day. I vary it considerably after the first retrieve to the next one.

I saw one streamer hardly winding in the lure but still catching fish so its up too you to try all and everything in order to get the fish to bite it

9 hours ago, Pindobinha said:

I've been using 25 speed, 4 turns then stop for 1 sec... casting always upstream

Hi. So when fishing rivers cast upstream ? Why not down stream? Sorry im new😐

That method wont give you jig step or stop and go etc?. If im correct using certain methods gives you a better bite rate ie  keep jig step up all time . 

Again im new so learning curve. 

Regarding streamers. 

Can you recommend some who spin fish mostly. Im sure to learn alot from them😊

7 hours ago, FasTy said:

Hi. So when fishing rivers cast upstream ? Why not down stream? Sorry im new😐

That method wont give you jig step or stop and go etc?. If im correct using certain methods gives you a better bite rate ie  keep jig step up all time . 

Again im new so learning curve. 

7 hours ago, FasTy said:

Regarding streamers. 

Can you recommend some who spin fish mostly. Im sure to learn alot from them😊

Actually I never fished In real life with spinners, but I saw some videos and they say that you want the spinner running downstream, looking like a bug on the water going with the flow...
For streamers, we have Huzbuzz, that is a sponsored streamer from RF4, he mostly spin fish. I know that BigDrock is very known in the game for his hability on spin fishing. Both stream on twitch.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pindobinha said:

Actually I never fished In real life with spinners, but I saw some videos and they say that you want the spinner running downstream, looking like a bug on the water going with the flow...
For streamers, we have Huzbuzz, that is a sponsored streamer from RF4, he mostly spin fish. I know that BigDrock is very known in the game for his hability on spin fishing. Both stream on twitch.

Ok thanks, that makes sense about the spinners. Will check the streamers out .

Nah spinners are used upstream also , and they work even better as its like a little fish trying to escape but the current is stoping his progress, nothing to do with going with the flow,  Now if had said a fly as in fly fishing they are cast up stream and go down with the flow.

• Thanks 1

I’ve caught fish with spinners upstream and downstream both (a lot irl and some ingame). Most people prefer to cast upstream and retrieve downstream with the flow because fish usually face upstream while waiting for food to come to them (less work on their part). If it applies to fishing irl, then it may apply ingame as well...

On 8/12/2018 at 3:31 PM, Pindobinha said:

HI do you have a link for BigDrock stream please? Cant find him 😕

Found Huzzbuzz . 

Can you get stop and go using spinners ? Cant seem to get it to show ( . 

Spoons i can . 

Thanks in advance