Denis RF4

Skill tree discussions

RealRolandas69,

Here is what worked for me. Go to Mosquito - use latest unlocked rig and us boilies (strawberry 15 is hot atm) - use 5.4kg to 6.9kg fluro line or leaders and 14 hooks. Also drink the expensive Vodka. The boilies is important because it is a bait that is unlocked later than other baits. You will catch a lot of crucians and gibles which is what you want. Also a lot of trophies which is also what you want. Look at latest forum spots for Mosquito. Try this for happy hour and i am sure you will see a difference. Let me know if this worked.

2 hours ago, daggabull said:

RealRolandas69,

Here is what worked for me. Go to Mosquito - use latest unlocked rig and us boilies (strawberry 15 is hot atm) - use 5.4kg to 6.9kg fluro line or leaders and 14 hooks. Also drink the expensive Vodka. The boilies is important because it is a bait that is unlocked later than other baits. You will catch a lot of crucians and gibles which is what you want. Also a lot of trophies which is also what you want. Look at latest forum spots for Mosquito. Try this for happy hour and i am sure you will see a difference. Let me know if this worked.

Hello daggabull,

Alcohol in this game only gives experience. It doesn't provide any luck in skill gain.

Best regards,

-Gytis

In this topic "Skill tree discussions" several players including Levo said that it does. You say it does not. I am not 100% sure but would like to know for sure.

42 minutes ago, daggabull said:

In this topic "Skill tree discussions" several players including Levo said that it does. You say it does not. I am not 100% sure but would like to know for sure.

Hello daggabull,

It used to help when there was such thing as "luck" in the game, but after it got removed alcohol only gives experience.

Best regards,

-Gytis

• Thanks 1

Lol, I was drinking alcohol all the time thinking that it helps with getting % lol. 
Btw there was couple lucky days at volkhov and old burg so now I only need 0.2% but I cant get even 0.1% for 2 days now.

49 minutes ago, RealRolandas69 said:

Lol, I was drinking alcohol all the time thinking that it helps with getting % lol. 
Btw there was couple lucky days at volkhov and old burg so now I only need 0.2% but I cant get even 0.1% for 2 days now.

Nvm, tried to get some % with method, never used it, and got 0.1% from bream and 0.1% from trophy roach. 100% done. Thx for help

On 5/5/2019 at 4:12 PM, MagsHype said:

Hello folks, was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good overall skill build for say level 30? I would also like to craft my own lures too. Instead of specializing in one type of fishing i would love to see a good overall skill tree setup thats good for all fishing types.

thanks.

@MagsHype

Harvesting baits and making groundbait (preferable during happy hour if you have premium), and switch between float, bottom and spinning a lot so you get a nice even skill build.

Regards, Butcher™

I seem to be having an issue where I am not gaining double skill progression during happy hour. I am getting my happy hour experience whilst catching fish but not when I am making groundbait, harvesting bait and so on. Any ideas?

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered before although I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, RedArmyGoon said:

I seem to be having an issue where I am not gaining double skill progression during happy hour. I am getting my happy hour experience whilst catching fish but not when I am making groundbait, harvesting bait and so on. Any ideas?

Apologies in advance if this question has been answered before although I searched the forum and couldn't find anyone with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

@RedArmyGoon

During happy hour you`ll gain extra xp for every fish caught, but making GB will give you a skill gain every now and then, not with every gb you make.

Regards,

Butcher™

3 hours ago, Butcher1972 said:

@RedArmyGoon

During happy hour you`ll gain extra xp for every fish caught, but making GB will give you a skill gain every now and then, not with every gb you make.

Regards,

Butcher™

Thanks for getting back to me.

Okay so am I right in saying that you have a chance for a skill gain every now and again (by having premium) but you do not ever receive double skill progression during happy hour?

The only reason I ask is because, like most people, I wanted to find a quick way to unlock more groundbaits and the thing I read everywhere is to make groundbaits while you have happy hour active. 

Just now, RedArmyGoon said:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Okay so am I right in saying that you have a chance for a skill gain every now and again (by having premium) but you do not ever receive double skill progression during happy hour?

The only reason I ask is because, like most people, I wanted to find a quick way to unlock more groundbaits and the thing I read everywhere is to make groundbaits while you have happy hour active. 

@RedArmyGoon

Indeed, for making GB its not double skill progression, but the chance of getting a few % is bigger during Happy Hour.

Regards,

Butcher™

2 minutes ago, Butcher1972 said:

@RedArmyGoon

Indeed, for making GB its not double skill progression, but the chance of getting a few % is bigger during Happy Hour.

Regards,

Butcher™

Awesome, thank you very much for clearing that up.

On 5/27/2019 at 6:41 PM, RedArmyGoon said:

Awesome, thank you very much for clearing that up.

@RedArmyGoon

No problem, I saw that my answer can be explained in more then one way, so to be clear,

Happy hour does double the probabilities that you will gain a skill point in any skill compared to premium time.

Regards, Butcher™

Hey legends - any tips on grinding out Bottom Fishing skill building in the higher %? I'm sitting at 80 % and trying to get to 85 % and it's not budging (I caught 100 fish @ Winding with no results. Sitting on premium but outside of happy hour).

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, oakface said:

Hey legends - any tips on grinding out Bottom Fishing skill building in the higher %? I'm sitting at 80 % and trying to get to 85 % and it's not budging (I caught 100 fish @ Winding with no results. Sitting on premium but outside of happy hour).

Catching new fish species and using new baits always seemed to help me. Even catching on a different boilie flavour could raise the skill.

Edited by Cap_L

4 hours ago, Cap_L said:

Catching new fish species and using new baits always seemed to help me. Even catching on a different boilie flavour could raise the skill.

It is indeed the case. New species, baits, gear, and methodologies all help. If you catch lots of big fish, aim towards catch small fish and vice versa, also change water bodies can help

Agree with Cap and Kache! Is easier for me getting up bottom fish skill than harvesting bait because to up harvest you have less variety of baits to do, however you have a lot of fish and a lot of baits and many diferent setup to use.

I have a question: if i use diferent reels, rods, hooks.. its make easier getting up the skill in bottom fishing?

On 7/5/2019 at 7:03 AM, gastonSM said:

Agree with Cap and Kache! Is easier for me getting up bottom fish skill than harvesting bait because to up harvest you have less variety of baits to do, however you have a lot of fish and a lot of baits and many diferent setup to use.

I have a question: if i use diferent reels, rods, hooks.. its make easier getting up the skill in bottom fishing?

Yes, it does have an effect. Anything new helps

• Like 1

Apologies if this is an obvious question - but which skill do I require to start simple bottom fishing? I think I need a Feeder Rod to do it, but then there's a Feeder Rod skill and a Bottom Fishing skill - so which one needs at least a point to start bottom fishing? Or can I do it without any points spent there? I'm talking about just a rod, reel, bell, line, weight, hook and bait - not a feeder yet.

14 minutes ago, Rejuvenile Delinquent said:

Apologies if this is an obvious question - but which skill do I require to start simple bottom fishing? I think I need a Feeder Rod to do it, but then there's a Feeder Rod skill and a Bottom Fishing skill - so which one needs at least a point to start bottom fishing? Or can I do it without any points spent there? I'm talking about just a rod, reel, bell, line, weight, hook and bait - not a feeder yet.

Hello Rejuvenile Delinquent

If you reach the required level that each gear has you will be able to do as you get skill points up..(Rig type)

The putting skills points in each Rig style (skill tree) will give you a higher chance of getting a better fish(Trophy) or other benefits if you put points on them.

You can fish in the basic Rig and you don't need to put points in them to bottom fish..

So in your case you will be able to use a feeder when you open "Paternoster Rig".

Best regards,

So.caL

28 minutes ago, so_cal said:

Hello Rejuvenile Delinquent

If you reach the required level that each gear has you will be able to do as you get skill points up..(Rig type)

The putting skills points in each Rig style (skill tree) will give you a higher chance of getting a better fish(Trophy) or other benefits if you put points on them.

You can fish in the basic Rig and you don't need to put points in them to bottom fish..

So in your case you will be able to use a feeder when you open "Paternoster Rig".

Best regards,

So.caL

Ah understood! Thank you :)

I have a fancy question:

If, let's say, i have a rod with +3pts in jigging. If i already have 3pts in jigging , does  it mean i will have 6pts (and what's the effect of 6pts comparing to 3pts) in jigging?

Thx for you answer.

7 minutes ago, Grigny_91_zer said:

I have a fancy question:

If, let's say, i have a rod with +3pts in jigging. If i already have 3pts in jigging , does  it mean i will have 6pts (and what's the effect of 6pts comparing to 3pts) in jigging?

Thx for you answer.

Yes, you are correct that you will then have 6 pts and therefore an increase in trophy chance.  As you will notice in the skill tree description, the exact % increase is not released.

• Like 1

Any tips for increasing harvesting skill more effectively? I'm on 82.2 % at the moment and it feels like it is some kind of day limit because I noticed I'm only gaining 0.3 % per day. I gain 0.3 % quite fast (~2h real time) and if I continue fishing for 3-4 or even more hours it just stops growing. Am I doing it wrong? I'm always digging with a shovel/collecting water stuff, also making fish pieces and livebait and still it growing soooooooo slow...
Should I try making honey dough or polenta instead of other ways I mentioned before? 

3 hours ago, EdNovi said:

Any tips for increasing harvesting skill more effectively? I'm on 82.2 % at the moment and it feels like it is some kind of day limit because I noticed I'm only gaining 0.3 % per day. I gain 0.3 % quite fast (~2h real time) and if I continue fishing for 3-4 or even more hours it just stops growing. Am I doing it wrong? I'm always digging with a shovel/collecting water stuff, also making fish pieces and livebait and still it growing soooooooo slow...
Should I try making honey dough or polenta instead of other ways I mentioned before? 

Egg dough is the grinder's choice ... do it in happy hour if you have prem. It will cost you plenty of silver though.

Edited by Cap_L
  • Thanks 1