You should use line if you want to go fishing with a pole. Without fishing line, there would be no fishing.

After many hours of fishing, your line will start to wear down, and it will reduce its effectiveness by the amount of wear shown ( 2%, 10%, 30% etc.). I recommend buying new line when the wear is around 20 or 30%.

about leaders, 

went to fish with friend on kuori and i have recomended him to try 17,5kg fluorocarbon leaders, he bought it 2 for trolling and in few mins of fishing both of them got cut by teth, on first one rod didndt even get bent, is it normal to this to happen or is some kind of bug, i was thinking you put leader so this things wouldnt happen?

1 hour ago, Argosy said:

about leaders, 

went to fish with friend on kuori and i have recomended him to try 17,5kg fluorocarbon leaders, he bought it 2 for trolling and in few mins of fishing both of them got cut by teth, on first one rod didndt even get bent, is it normal to this to happen or is some kind of bug, i was thinking you put leader so this things wouldnt happen?

It's easy...
From the last patch: 

-Increased influence of the visibility of the components of the rig (the thickness and type of the line, the material and thickness of the leash, the size of the hook, etc.) of cautious fish

That means that steel leaders that we all used prior to this patch are distracting the fish. Results? No bites = no fish

So players change steel leaders to less visible ones - fluoro - but they can easily be cut by fish teeth Results ? Bites = lost lures = No fish 

No fish, no money = you spend real money to buy gold to progress.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 17/03/2018 at 9:26 PM, Marcoz said:

It's easy...
From the last patch: 

-Increased influence of the visibility of the components of the rig (the thickness and type of the line, the material and thickness of the leash, the size of the hook, etc.) of cautious fish

That means that steel leaders that we all used prior to this patch are distracting the fish. Results? No bites = no fish

So players change steel leaders to less visible ones - fluoro - but they can easily be cut by fish teeth Results ? Bites = lost lures = No fish 

No fish, no money = you spend real money to buy gold to progress.

Yeah, I agreed with you. I changed my hook size and my fished has improved. Try use for bream, ide, barbel hook size medium 10,6,8 and for carps 4.2,1/0. 

No just grind longer..

i mean with predators Retrieve speed MAX double speed just like IRL so they dont get time to bite line and also pulling them so hard they cant really get ahead of the line.
very few predators have a weak mouth that hook will rip out of, like pike you could hook them in mouth and swing it around you head like a helicopter and it will never rip out.

Guys I have another question, I have been using mono line and sometimes braid and still I get a lot of small ones, can you recomend me some good line, leader and lure for trolling and attract more big fish? I have a syberia reel max drag 10 kg

hi

what is the point of adding lines 190kg, when reels are limited to 22kg for float/feeder and 27kg for spinng and rods are limited to 51kg for feeder, 40+ for float and arround 80kg for spining?

Why you dont add stronger reel first, and better lines after?

Edited by chey
edit
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, chey said:

Why you dont add stronger reel first, and better lines after?

Because then you will reverse the question and ask us "why you add reels when there are no lines for them ))
On a serious note - we add contend to the game as soon as it's ready (most of the time). If you look through your spinning skill tree, you may notice that there will be some additional reels introduced sometime soon.

Make it so if we buy line we cut off what we need and it wears that line not the entire spool we bought. when only 130m of 350m fit on rod I was spooled and had to replace line could still use the 350 I bought but it had 7 percent wear even tho it was the Unused part 

if we buy a line we should cut the line to what fits on reel and then that wears separately from spool it makes no sense that unused line left on spool had wear with this system we could buy 1000m line and put it on all rods saving silver and have emergency line in bag if we get cut. 

Edited by Ragebayne

Hi Guys

I done some testing today at Sura 8m hole with mono lines. I used Snake Mono Line 28.2 kg on my Everest 2 8000. I did manage to get few big fishes. The biggest fish I got was Russian Sturgeon 34 kg. I took me around 30-40 min (max) to pull him out with this line, it wasn't hard to stop it, you just need to make sure that fish is running against a current not with the current. Dmg to the reel was super low after fight with Russian Sturgeon - around 0.7 % on mechanism and 0.5 % -0.6 % on friction break - it is a lot less than my previous encounters with this fish when using braided line - 2.0% - 2.5 % on mechanism with similar size fish . So yes it is possible to use mono lines at Sura when fishing for Russian Sturgeon, not get spooled and get fish in without dmg your reel or rod 2 much. I am pretty confident that I would be able to take out even bigger Russian Surgeon with this mono line.

Levo

• Like 2

For new guys that might not know yet:

- Please remember that braided line is wearing of your rod and reel much faster than a mono line , so my advice is to where possible to use mono line instead of braided to save some money on repairs. Also remember that you not need for example 20kg line to pull in fish that weights 20 kg , you will be fine using a line for example 10kg .

#sayNOtobraided   - joke xD

• Like 1

Why does the braided wear down the mech faster, when it doesn't in RL. Why is this "a fact" in the game.

Let me quote an article by Duane Richards, from www.landbigfish.com

Braided line does not break rods; it does not ruin guides, or harm reels. Anyone telling you different needs some education, or has something to gain in the industry by placing these rampant rumors.

• Like 1

Hi, I was thinking of buying the 3.5kg Fluro line!  for my telescopic rod to catch fish fast and the shy ones! :)   Im new so coming here for some wisdom!

So last thing I want is line to snap! Expensive for low level!

So my question is regarding hooks sizes. I know there is always a chance a big thing will come along but uses correct hook sizes reduces that.

I haven't found any info regarding this , so sorry if its posted else where!

so say 20 to 24 hooks catch around what KG of fish?

20 to 16 ?

16-12 ?

10-6 etc etc So what im basically asking is what weight/size of fish is each hook target at.Would be most helpful as I level up ! :)

Hard to say really. I have caught 3.5kg Chub, 2kg Tench, and 4kg Bream on a size 20 hook. Having said that, sticking to smaller hooks is generally a good idea for now. 

54 minutes ago, Quickai said:

Line color recommendations for the lakes and rivers ?

Hi Quickai

It is all dependence of color of the water and deepness of the water body/spot you are fishing in. Please keep in mind that color of the line visible by the fish won't be the same on different depths. For example red color in high depths becomes darker/black. On Kuori where the water is crystal clear I would use clear line or blue line but on Sura where water is much darker I would use dark green line.

Regards

Levo

9 hours ago, Levo said:

Hi Quickai

It is all dependence of color of the water and deepness of the water body/spot you are fishing in. Please keep in mind that color of the line visible by the fish won't be the same on different depths. For example red color in high depths becomes darker/black. On Kuori where the water is crystal clear I would use clear line or blue line but on Sura where water is much darker I would use dark green line.

Regards

Levo

Is the game using real world line color transformation or is this just guess-work. Because I know about green colors on green-tinted waters and how red color at deep parts will become invisible for fish. But these things are only valid if the real world translates directly into the game. With so many real world applications not being used in the game, it's for me just guessing what to use. I mean, Sura looks green-tinted to me, to I would use green lines there. But the game mechanics could dictate that it was blue-tinted or perhaps something else.

This is the main reason I'm asking.

My experience is that green colored line works great in both volkhov and sura. Especially the dark green line.

In Kouri i have had good success with orange and clear line, but i have also had good catches on green, so i dont know.

The difference is i use leaders in kouri and volk, i dont in sura.

I still think line color is a factor, but how much and how strict its setup, i dont know.

But i guess, like every other aspect of the game, we have to test it :)

We could try to gather findings either in discord or here, if ur up for it.

My playing time are limited these days, but if we get a few ppl to join the project, we might get a bigger picture very soon :)

3 hours ago, mqg said:

My experience is that green colored line works great in both volkhov and sura. Especially the dark green line.

In Kouri i have had good success with orange and clear line, but i have also had good catches on green, so i dont know.

The difference is i use leaders in kouri and volk, i dont in sura.

I still think line color is a factor, but how much and how strict its setup, i dont know.

But i guess, like every other aspect of the game, we have to test it :)

We could try to gather findings either in discord or here, if ur up for it.

My playing time are limited these days, but if we get a few ppl to join the project, we might get a bigger picture very soon :)

I'll be happy to test things. But as you know this is a RNG so short and medium term testing isn't really going to show much, I feel. We both know that two person with exact same setup, can stand side by side and only one of them are catching. Not saying we should, but just pointing out the meaning of what RNG does towards players.

I would much rather just have a clarification from someone who knows, that line color act like in RL, in this game or not. If it does, people can take their RL fishing experience to the game or look up articles explaining color selection for different waterbodies.

1 hour ago, Quickai said:

I'll be happy to test things. But as you know this is a RNG so short and medium term testing isn't really going to show much, I feel. We both know that two person with exact same setup, can stand side by side and only one of them are catching. Not saying we should, but just pointing out the meaning of what RNG does towards players.

I would much rather just have a clarification from someone who knows, that line color act like in RL, in this game or not. If it does, people can take their RL fishing experience to the game or look up articles explaining color selection for different waterbodies.

Hi Quickai

As in previous post I tried to explain in examples that RL color changes of the line does matter in the game and should be taken under consideration, let me just make it clear now that color of the line does matter. RF4 is based to real life fishing as much as possible.

Regards

Levo

1 hour ago, Levo said:

Hi Quickai

As in previous post I tried to explain in examples that RL color changes of the line does matter in the game and should be taken under consideration, let me just make it clear now that color of the line does matter. RF4 is based to real life fishing as much as possible.

Regards

Levo

Hi Levo,

Great. Thx for sharing.

I was following the discussion about line color and a question came into my mind. If line color matters, will fluorocarbon leaders override line color and make it mandatory? 

On 7/15/2018 at 2:17 PM, JunkyJuke said:

I was following the discussion about line color and a question came into my mind. If line color matters, will fluorocarbon leaders override line color and make it mandatory? 

Flouro leaders will indeed help make line color less important however they are not mandatory if correct line colors are used for the water conditions

12 hours ago, Kache said:

Flouro leaders will indeed help make line color less important however they are not mandatory if correct line colors are used for the water conditions

Good to know. Thank you Kache!