Can some 1 tell me the actuall difference of Snake power/heave/ultra lines?Description doesen't say that much... i see there are lvl and some minnor strenght difference but the cost is drasticaly different... am in dilema what to get ultra or heavy... cuz they are basically the same but ultra is pricier,tho heavy is cheeper and has thicker-stronger diammeters way more then i need i dont see why is ultra better for that minnor difference in strenght for the same diameter?

Edited by Aceq

So each water body has different water colour . What colour line is best used for each water body so the fish dont see the line ☺x kouri need clear line thats the only one i know x 

is that the thickness of the line effects Flouro leaders even Flouro line is invisible in the water?

10 hours ago, Kaviii said:

é que a espessura dos efeitos de linha Flouro líderes até a linha Flouro é invisível na água?

Not totally invisible, but it is more difficult for the fish to see it, for the monkey fish see easier.

I don't want to put this in Report Bug section because maybe ther's a logical explanation. So here's my question:

Let's say I've got 350m of line....my reel can only hold for expample 200m. So I've got still 150m. I know that I can't use the remaining 150m...ok...

But if the 150m part of my line is not used then why all 350m get damage ?? It's kind of unfair. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marcoz said:

I don't want to put this in Report Bug section because maybe ther's a logical explanation. So here's my question:

Let's say I've got 350m of line....my reel can only hold for expample 200m. So I've got still 150m. I know that I can't use the remaining 150m...ok...

But if the 150m part of my line is not used then why all 350m get damage ?? It's kind of unfair. 

Hi Marcoz

Yes it is not a bug - it is a part of the game but the good news is - the longer the line that you are using the less dmg it gets :) 

Regards

Levo

Hi!
I have a question. I am collecting money, because I am planning to buy a new feeder setup. For my level, the best rod I can buy has 26 kg load capacity, the reel has 7,5 kg max drag. My question is, how much is the line's maximum load capacity I can put on my reel? I know the golden rule is that the line must be the weakest, but in this case the toughest line I can put on my reel  has 6,8 kg max drag and it's not a big step from my current setup, my current line has 5,5 kg max drag. And I would like to aim bigger fish. I saw some videos, pictures with a line that has bigger drag then the reel's load capacity. So how much % is the most, my line load capacity can be over my reel's max drag without risking my reel's condition or make it wear faster? Could you suggest me something?
Thank you for your answers.

9 hours ago, Cyprinus said:

Hi!
I have a question. I am collecting money, because I am planning to buy a new feeder setup. For my level, the best rod I can buy has 26 kg load capacity, the reel has 7,5 kg max drag. My question is, how much is the line's maximum load capacity I can put on my reel? I know the golden rule is that the line must be the weakest, but in this case the toughest line I can put on my reel  has 6,8 kg max drag and it's not a big step from my current setup, my current line has 5,5 kg max drag. And I would like to aim bigger fish. I saw some videos, pictures with a line that has bigger drag then the reel's load capacity. So how much % is the most, my line load capacity can be over my reel's max drag without risking my reel's condition or make it wear faster? Could you suggest me something?
Thank you for your answers.

normally the line can be atleast double what the brake is on the reel. depending on what reel it is i would only go to at most 10 kg to make sure the reel isn't overpowered. what reel are you looking at getting. the quality of the reel is what really helps with the load capacity of the line you can put on. the higher the quality the closer you can get to the load capacity of the rod.

Thanks for the answer irishman. I would like to have the following setup: Rod: Syberia Model Two, Reel: Sputnik proton 4000. So, according to your suggestion, if I choose a 10-12kg line for this reel, it can be safe.

23 hours ago, irishman said:

normally the line can be atleast double what the brake is on the reel. depending on what reel it is i would only go to at most 10 kg to make sure the reel isn't overpowered. what reel are you looking at getting. the quality of the reel is what really helps with the load capacity of the line you can put on. the higher the quality the closer you can get to the load capacity of the rod.

Hi Forum,

Perhaps an admin related question, but here goes.

What's the reason behind the limitations of lines in the shops. Why can't we just have all kinds of lines in every thickness/weight possibilities. Just like you have in RL.

And also the length you want. 100m spools, 200m spools, 300m spools, 400m spools up to 1000m, in all colours too. This shouldn't take more than 1 min to add in the game.

Also leaders of all kinds, mono's, flouros and steel. Give us way more options.

2 hours ago, Quickai said:

Hi Forum,

Perhaps an admin related question, but here goes.

What's the reason behind the limitations of lines in the shops. Why can't we just have all kinds of lines in every thickness/weight possibilities. Just like you have in RL.

And also the length you want. 100m spools, 200m spools, 300m spools, 400m spools up to 1000m, in all colours too. This shouldn't take more than 1 min to add in the game.

Also leaders of all kinds, mono's, flouros and steel. Give us way more options.

Hi Quickai

Please don't forget the game is not finished yet. We might have more options with lines, leaders and gear in the future.

Regards

Levo

I have question, My setup a principal line of 23kg and a leader of 13.8kg 

I go to casting and I forgot this rod lol

But I don't understand why all breack all my principal line (hooks, sinkers and line...) Why is not the leader to breack? 

Thanks

hey guys, any suggestion for good snake line that will fit with super duty s88xh rod + alfa reel? i would go for 17kg fcarbon leader..

cheers

PS and dont know should i go with BL, Mono or fluorcarbon line :/ so many options :)

Edited by Bugiardo

Some fish are classified as cautious and flouro line is the best way to increase your bite rate for those fish.

Mono is often the cheapest line and also supposedly deals the least damage to your reel with normal use.

BL is a tough line with a lot of performance per dollar but deals the most damage to your reel.

Fact is most people are lazy, and people looking for bite rate just use fluoro everything. Those targeting large fish that deal much damage to your gear are using mono, because the differences between braid and mono are hard to difference.

Leaders also make a big difference. In general, there is established knowledge that using smaller, thinner lines increase your bite rate. But you must be able to handle a trophy of that species, so consider carefully. For example, bream fisherman often use 6.4kg leaders because that is closest to their weight and strength without making each catch a battle. If you are targeting smaller species, you cannot go wrong with a 3.1kg fluoro leader no matter what line you use.

Hi there!

I have some questions to ask.

A friend bought a Tagara 10000 reel, and he has a Fortuna carp rod 39.5kg.

He would like to know what line would fit good on this reel to fish carps on Bear Lake (his favourite fishing).

Can he go up to something like 33kg line? Or will it spook fishes and make biterate decrease?

What would you advise to him?

Thank you for attention :) .

4 hours ago, Goregrinder said:

Hi there!

I have some questions to ask.

A friend bought a Tagara 10000 reel, and he has a Fortuna carp rod 39.5kg.

He would like to know what line would fit good on this reel to fish carps on Bear Lake (his favourite fishing).

Can he go up to something like 33kg line? Or will it spook fishes and make biterate decrease?

What would you advise to him?

Thank you for attention :) .

Hi Goregrinder

Yeah 32-33 kg mono line will be perfect for that setup when targeting carps.

Regards

Levo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering if i should switch to braided line instead of mono for my bottom rigs. I've heard that braided causes more damage (rod or reel?) but its thinner and stronger. Also, i dont know how much more damage does braided line cause compared to mono. Any info would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Gillete00 said:

I was wondering if i should switch to braided line instead of mono for my bottom rigs. I've heard that braided causes more damage (rod or reel?) but its thinner and stronger. Also, i dont know how much more damage does braided line cause compared to mono. Any info would be appreciated.

@Gillete00Braided does cause more damage, but it is exceptionally strong for it's diameter, so you can get more braid on a reel, than say mono or flouro. If you are using just braid, then making sure the color matches the water your are fishing in is important. It is also important to note that braid does not stretch like flouro or mono. What this translates to is braid will tend to snap quickly when force over it's test is applied to it. Mono stretches the most but has better abrasion resitance than flouro. Flouro has less 'stretch' but is practically invisible under water due to a negative refraction index.

For RF4, I use braid with flouro leaders except for the biggest game, where I use mono leaders with braid. This is because I like having a lot of line on my spool. Your personal preferences may vary. Here are some articles that might help you when thinking about your setups. They are primarily for North American freshwater fishing, but should help explain some things. Also, superline = braid. Some North American anglers call braids superlines.

https://www.bassmaster.com/tips/ask-experts-what-line-should-i-use

https://www.bassresource.com/fishing/choosing-fishing-line.html

There are many more articles like that, so read up! Also talk to your fellow anglers in streams and on discord to get their opinions.

Hi all 

I do not understand this on a lp real 419 m of line but the circle not full in game  tried other line got 125 m  circle is full

here a images thanks for any help Beau 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_111013.thumb.png.34b81ca605fd4d874dec8f3fcaa2ac7b.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_111027.thumb.png.9bbb2f137d5778e18d63eed045f93b9a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_110956.thumb.png.3fe9ec35b9a8af742f1c788372317c4a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_110937.thumb.png.a5abe65e5aaab4e2d39f44078ee32610.png

10 hours ago, beau76 said:

Hi all 

I do not understand this on a lp real 419 m of line but the circle not full in game  tried other line got 125 m  circle is full

here a images thanks for any help Beau 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_111013.thumb.png.34b81ca605fd4d874dec8f3fcaa2ac7b.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_111027.thumb.png.9bbb2f137d5778e18d63eed045f93b9a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_110956.thumb.png.3fe9ec35b9a8af742f1c788372317c4a.png

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.11882_20190416_110937.thumb.png.a5abe65e5aaab4e2d39f44078ee32610.png

the reel can fill up to 419m line but the line u use only 300m long..use devilbrail 450m for full reel circle

I'm using thin (0.2) braided lines for float fishing which seems to work out pretty well even though the guide says they're completely worthless for that. Caught enough to go from lv 8-9 to 12 in mosquito lake on a RL day of gaming, got maybe close to 150 silver selling things at the shop, not to shabby for a newbie. Bait is way more important for float fishing than your type of line i've concluded

5 hours ago, theodorfisher said:

I'm using thin (0.2) braided lines for float fishing which seems to work out pretty well even though the guide says they're completely worthless for that. Caught enough to go from lv 8-9 to 12 in mosquito lake on a RL day of gaming, got maybe close to 150 silver selling things at the shop, not to shabby for a newbie. Bait is way more important for float fishing than your type of line i've concluded

You actually gave the answer in your first few words. You are using a very thin braid, this is much less visible to fish than a thicker line, also the color can help it to blend in depending on the color of the water. An important thing to know is that different line types have more or less stretch and shock absorption.  Mono is the most elastic, Fluorocarbon is second and braid is the least elastic. So bear in mind that when you use braid, it is the rod that provides the majority of elasticity. This raises the risk of rod wear as a result.

Guest esox2510
22 minutes ago, Kache said:

Fluorocarbon is the most elastic, Mono is second and braid is the least elastic. So bear in mind that when you use braid, it is the rod that provides the majority of elasticity. This raises the risk of rod wear as a result.

Mono isn't more elastic than fluorocarbon? 

1 hour ago, esox2510 said:

Mono isn't more elastic than fluorocarbon? 

Actually, you are correct, mono is more elastic. I did the cut and paste from note pad in the wrong spot. Good catch and many thanks. Fixed in the original post now.