Jump to content

how long does groundbait last


madboi
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, Elwoodiath2 said:

Hello - it varies from recipe to recipe. Each recipe has the duration listed. Some ingredients can increase or decrease the duration.

in the rf 4 guide it said that the groundbait recipes is not ideal. whats the best recipe for all species of fish?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
7 hours ago, madboi said:

in the rf 4 guide it said that the groundbait recipes is not ideal. whats the best recipe for all species of fish?

there is nothing like a general groundbait... each fish likes something else (like the baits) so you can't generalize groundbait at all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Ragnarocek said:

there is nothing like a general groundbait... each fish likes something else (like the baits) so you can't generalize groundbait at all...

That being said, I have found that white bream mix attracts a wide variety of species. Ragnarocek is correct as well though. Really you want to tune your groundbait for what you are targeting for best results. See this guide for more details: 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2021 at 7:29 PM, Ragnarocek said:

there is nothing like a general groundbait... each fish likes something else (like the baits) so you can't generalize groundbait at all...

i know i know i mean like a spreadsheet of groundbait recipes for every fish

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, madboi said:

i know i know i mean like a spreadsheet of groundbait recipes for every fish

 

Check this out that was done by another player, great for all types of information including a spreadsheet on groundbait for each/most fish:

 

Kiltedjocks sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zP41qcHAHKnqYV4r6JuJ5vrqMeux2FLN9pLY3C54_Uc/edit#gid=1797575251

 

Also tons of useful links here:

 

Edited by JaggedRiz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JaggedRiz said:

 

Check this out that was done by another player, great for all types of information including a spreadsheet on groundbait for each/most fish:

 

Kiltedjocks sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zP41qcHAHKnqYV4r6JuJ5vrqMeux2FLN9pLY3C54_Uc/edit#gid=1797575251

 

Also tons of useful links here:

 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2021 at 4:59 PM, JaggedRiz said:

 

Check this out that was done by another player, great for all types of information including a spreadsheet on groundbait for each/most fish:

 

Kiltedjocks sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zP41qcHAHKnqYV4r6JuJ5vrqMeux2FLN9pLY3C54_Uc/edit#gid=1797575251

 

Also tons of useful links here:

 

seems like theres no perch groundbait recipe in the megasheet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...

Actually it is a good question . Back in the day ground-bait could last as long as 34 hours duration not sure but I think it used to make 10 balls? Easy to work out how long each ball would last. Now if it still works the same the 16 hour duration for example is for a batch of 60 . Am I right in assuming to get 16 hours game time duration from my GB I need to put the whole batch of 60 in the water? As of now I have been spoding and catapulting between 8-10 balls which I thought gave me 16 hours but if GB works as a batch duration of 60 5 in a spod or catty will last only 160 mins or 2.5 hours game time . Can you clarify if this is correct. 

 

Many thanks :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

Hello,

lasting time is not stacking, so if you throw stack of 60 portions of gb with 16hr lasting time, after 16hrs gb effect vanishes. So lets say if you use spod with 10 portions and with 16hrs duration, you must throw another spod after 16 hrs to keep the fishing place under effect of GB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ragnarocek said:

Hello,

lasting time is not stacking, so if you throw stack of 60 portions of gb with 16hr lasting time, after 16hrs gb effect vanishes. So lets say if you use spod with 10 portions and with 16hrs duration, you must throw another spod after 16 hrs to keep the fishing place under effect of GB.

But is the 16 hour a total for all 60 pieces or 10 pieces or 1  piece = 16 hours? So a 5 piece spod will last 5-6 in game hours roughly?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...