I have asked a questions to de Dev team like a week ago regarding spin fishing if any improvements will come or not. Any reply from them?

I ask it again because of this bite increase on everything but the steel leader. I have lost track on how many lure I lost at Kouri due to pike. people on the spot lose lure at an increase rate, so 100 silver for each lure is that the future of spin fishing? I mean I play to replace the lures I lose?

Thank you.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, CadyDady said:

I have asked a questions to de Dev team like a week ago regarding spin fishing if any improvements will come or not. Any reply from them?

I ask it again because of this bite increase on everything but the steel leader. I have lost track on how many lure I lost at Kouri due to pike. people on the spot lose lure at an increase rate, so 100 silver for each lure is that the future of spin fishing? I mean I play to replace the lures I lose?

Thank you.

I am done...lost another lure since my last post.

Literally I fish to cover the lures I lost. I also need to repair and get new line. Whatever, I will check the patch note from future updates for a fix to this *** ( oh man I trie to calm down ).

Asking for some words from Devs here take Light years for a response.

11 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

I have lost track on how many lure I lost at Kouri due to pike.

Have you considered changing the spot where you fish?
- If you are fishing in "pike waters" you should use steel leaders.

- If pike isn't your target, move away from shores, grass and underwater structures. Some places may have an occasional pike but if you are using fluoro line/leader most times you will be fine.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, RF4mod said:

Have you considered changing the spot where you fish?
- If you are fishing in "pike waters" you should use steel leaders.

- If pike isn't your target, move away from shores, grass and underwater structures. Some places may have an occasional pike but if you are using fluoro line/leader most times you will be fine.

Ok so can you advice an old player of this game to where he might fish, a lake or river, without pike being there?

Second, We all know that fishing with steal leader is like fishing in a bucket...meaning NO Bite...like seriously....and I will not count 60gr fish.

Third, why will I want to fish in to other place than where the fish is? So your advice is to not fish in the "migration place" is that it? 

"Some places may have an occasional pike" ...I can't take this sentence seriously. If the pike is in the lake than...he is in the lake...everywhere. Maybe you are referring to some new upcoming updates from the test server?

...I am sorry but I can't take your reply as being serious. And as a disclaimer this is NOT ONLY MY Personal Experience, all the fish spinners have to go trough this.

And if your reply is all about trying to convince me that I do something wrong...than what can I say more.

Enjoy your game and see you on steam.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

lake or river, without pike being there?

Every water body currently presented in the game have Pike. But Pike, like any other fish specie in the game have its preferences to where their favorable habitat and diet. Avoid it and you will be fine.

6 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

We all know that fishing with steal leader is like fishing in a bucket

That depends on what you are fishing for. Trout/Salmon species, yes. Many other species don't mind steel leaders.

7 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

why will I want to fish in to other place than where the fish is?

There are many places with the fish at each water body. If you lack the desire to locate them, we can't help you as we do not announce where certain species are at any giving time.

10 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

I can't take this sentence seriously.

Then why are you demanding any comments from our team if you choose to ignore it?

11 minutes ago, CadyDady said:

If the pike is in the lake than...he is in the lake...everywhere.

You can't be more wrong than this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, RF4mod said:

Every water body currently presented in the game have Pike. But Pike, like any other fish specie in the game have its preferences to where their favorable habitat and diet. Avoid it and you will be fine.

That depends on what you are fishing for. Trout/Salmon species, yes. Many other species don't mind steel leaders.

There are many places with the fish at each water body. If you lack the desire to locate them, we can't help you as we do not announce where certain species are at any giving time.

Then why are you demanding any comments from our team if you choose to ignore it?

You can't be more wrong than this.

I can't believe you are using " this are not the droids you are looking for " strategie on me....that's funny:) 

"Every water body currently presented in the game have Pike. But Pike, like any other fish specie in the game have its preferences to where their favorable habitat and diet. Avoid it and you will be fine."

Ok so let's see...If fish bite on my Hunter 1 black and also attract pike, what should I do?  use another that lower the bite rate like 75% just to also lower the chances of a pike bite? And btw pike bite on ALL the lure...maybe I don't have them all to find the one that don't attract pike...I am sorry I don't have 100 hours a day and unlimited amount of silver to test the  million lures in the game. If the weekly record show people catching fish on Hunter Black....and I get bytes on Hunter Black....Hmmm what do you think I will use? And also, do you think those peoples that got those trophy, they did it on steel leader? ( was a rhetorical question ).

My all time record Seven Throuth on hunter black was on 13.5 kg line Simmon FC no leader...ONE trophy, since I don't know 2 weeks and in all this time I use this set up...what do you think I will get using steel?

"That depends on what you are fishing for. Trout/Salmon species, yes. Many other species don't mind steel leaders."

Tested by me and many more ( I have time now so I kind of 10 hours a day play so I know ) ALL The species in Kouri are affected by steel leader, meaning no byte...maybe you will get a fish here and there using steel, You cant be serious in suggesting using steel, You just can't.

"There are many places with the fish at each water body. If you lack the desire to locate them, we can't help you as we do not announce where certain species are at any giving time."

Fish migration. You just contradicted yourself from previous post regarding fish migration. At Kouri there are 2 spots I chose one of them....Pike is everywhere.

If I move 10 m from the spot guess what will I catch? ( rhetorical ) NOTHING.

"Then why are you demanding any comments from our team if you choose to ignore it?"

I Know I will get nothing of value from my rant, witch is a reflection of many players...It's a way to vent out the frustrations, until I hit rock bottom and get free of this game, so that I will not care and move on.

"If the pike is in the lake than...he is in the lake...everywhere."

"You can't be more wrong than this."

Your last reply is strait out of star wars...Jedi style...what you see is not what you see but what I say you see.

• Like 4

@CadyDady, it seems you'd rather write than read. You were giving enough information in my replies to read, pay attention, analyze and use it to your advantage. You chose to ignore it and keep on posting your "opinions" that, may I add, are very wrong. 
I will try, for the last time, to explain how (for example)  Kuori works for me as it is my favorite water body, where I spend a lot of my time when I have any.
Since the introduction of leaders and their effect on fishing certain species, I choose to stay away from such a popular spots as 72:102 as it has tons of pike. And I don't want to catch pike. I fish for trout and char species at Kuori. So I move around closer to the center of the lake away from shore and reeds. That keeps me far enough from pikes habitat for it not be a problem. Even if I get an occasional pike at the end of my line, by using fluoro and making sure fish get zero slack while I reel it in, I avoid any lure losses completely. The only one time I've lost a lure to pike since the leaders update was at my own fault as I tried to eat/drink while landing the fish and it moved towards me giving itself enough slack to cut the line.

Now, it's been what 3 weeks since the patch? I'm at Kuori almost every day successfully catching many different fish species, avoiding pike and not loosing lures. If you pay attention you can do that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh wow! I had no idea it’s the slack in the line that causes a pike to cut it! What the heck! That’s great information! When I go back to kuori for my burbot hunt, I’m going to go fluro again and make sure I don’t allow slack on the line and stay away from shores.

thanks for the advice!

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Oh wow! I had no idea it’s the slack in the line that causes a pike to cut it! What the heck! That’s great information! When I go back to kuori for my burbot hunt, I’m going to go fluro again and make sure I don’t allow slack on the line and stay away from shores.

thanks for the advice!

I can give you one more - if you see pike on the end of your line RMB right away and try to keep your rod up all the time.

• Thanks 1

I have caught plenty of pike in the last few days on fluro however i have also lost 5 hunter lures mostly the blue one which seems pike prefer it more than others, now i haven't had any slack in the line but its more when you try and turn the fish in the other direction he cuts you off and thats the problem when you as yet don't know if its a pike or trout on your line.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

thanks for the advice!

Catch you there B|

just caught a pike on fluro half out of the water and obviously no slack he cuts me off, i think its more when the fish turns around which cuts the line

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, RF4mod said:

Nonesense. I trolled around Kuori a LOT and basically there's pike everywhere so dude....please...be serious ok ?? 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RF4mod said:

@CadyDady, it seems you'd rather write than read. You were giving enough information in my replies to read, pay attention, analyze and use it to your advantage. You chose to ignore it and keep on posting your "opinions" that, may I add, are very wrong. 
I will try, for the last time, to explain how (for example)  Kuori works for me as it is my favorite water body, where I spend a lot of my time when I have any.
Since the introduction of leaders and their effect on fishing certain species, I choose to stay away from such a popular spots as 72:102 as it has tons of pike. And I don't want to catch pike. I fish for trout and char species at Kuori. So I move around closer to the center of the lake away from shore and reeds. That keeps me far enough from pikes habitat for it not be a problem. Even if I get an occasional pike at the end of my line, by using fluoro and making sure fish get zero slack while I reel it in, I avoid any lure losses completely. The only one time I've lost a lure to pike since the leaders update was at my own fault as I tried to eat/drink while landing the fish and it moved towards me giving itself enough slack to cut the line.

Now, it's been what 3 weeks since the patch? I'm at Kuori almost every day successfully catching many different fish species, avoiding pike and not loosing lures. If you pay attention you can do that too.

It seams that no mater what we say we are ALWAYS wrong in your eyes.

After I have lost so many fish due to low tension I bind Shift on my mouse so every fish I get is reeled in force with shift and still get pike rape. I have fished from the Island and is not worth it compared with the bite rate you have on 72-102....

So you are fishing with fluoro at Kouri as you stated for " trout and char species at Kuori."...now what other species are at Kouri to justify using steel leaders? Pike? 

I have fished from the island IS NOT WORTH IT....so again you trie to justify the pike rape by advising us to avoid the place where the fish are, the Migration spot....briliant man, just briliant.

And btw, your advice is intended for new players, players that have just started the game and don't know about tension and how to not lose a fish, that incidentally some times work against pike rape. This advice I have gave on the spot to many people asking what to do against pike, so...we knew about it for a long time. For changing spots to avoid pike?...Pike is everywhere....You don't know when you have a pike on the line...to use a different strategie to reel it in...funny:)

Again my question regarding future updated to spin fishing was passed over to the REAL DEVS that work on the game by  jhendrix61978, at least he assured me that was passed over and waited for a reply. Any news from that?

• Like 4

see my post in campfire stories, 4 kg, 5kg pike  plus lots of smaller ones from the quay. u just cant avoid them and we are not fishing in the reeds etc.

Edited by sb farmer

@CadyDady They don't care in all honesty how bad bite rates or leaders make it to earn silver or lose lures.....Think back they robbed some of  the players with the boilies and gave us all the middle finger when we asked for a swap and lied saying we had been notified of this change ...Don't waste your time mate ....It's like they sit thinking up new ways to piss people off and slow silver earning to the bare minimum.....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CadyDady said:

It seams that no mater what we say we are ALWAYS wrong in your eyes.

I feel 100% the same way.

It's like in a restaurant you ordered a steak...but they only bring you half of the steak....when you complain they send in a waiter who tells you that everything is ok because red meat is not healthy...or they tell you to eat potatoes instead....

1 hour ago, DON DAPA said:

.It's like they sit thinking up new ways to piss people off and slow silver earning to the bare minimum.....

Yep...I've been saying that for the past few weeks. It's all about slow progress so eventually you start buying premiium and gold. That's so obvious but they still want to hide it under "simulation game" hoping we are stupid and won't figure this out.

Edited by Marcoz
  • Like 5

I ment to mention this before and that is if you see my setup in the  lake trout post i fail to see the need for a fluro leader using fluro line and not only that if you get cut teeth message  you have only lost the lure and not an unecessary leader and lowering you kg strength

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9603_20180402_051640.png

they really have to nerf the pike cuting rate... just yesterday i lost 4 hunters on Volkov 40:70 by random pike attack's... i got it they have sharp teeth but not scalpels, in this point im forced to use steel leader's and lose fish bites drastically only to avoid losing lures and they are not cheep, so silver is a nightmare atm. i stoped fishing on Kuori becouse of that now is the same thing on Volkov... im sure alot of ppl feel this way too

• Like 6

I don't want to become a "devil's lawyer" here, but it seems that some players struggle to keep up with the game's development. Nothing here is definitive and stable. Something that worked a charm yesterday may be drastically changed tomorrow because many things are linked together and if you cange one you have to change the other. A lot of changes will come and I expect even more experimantation and messing with stuff. We accepted to invest our time in a EA game, so we have to constantly adapt and ask for help from the devs and other players. Otherwise we will get frustrated and lose interest.

On the pike scissors question. It is clear now that the Hunter series lures will attract a lot of big pikes when used in proximity of the coast. Still you keep up with this self flagellation. Why? Because you don't want to leave your comfort zone. You act as the game was already finished and published. And you have this rod you put a lot of time and money into and you want to keep landing 20kg kuori char directly from the most risky spots of the lake. I think this mindset can only bring to dissatisfaction and frustration. 

Ok, there are still many things to work on, but it is clear that the devs (I hope their bussiness will have a reference name in the future :P ) have a plan/vision and they want to follow it, even if listening to the crowd requests (feedback). The leaders changes, the new bite indicators, the lantern tweaks and so on are a proof that they are listening, but to a certain extent. They can still decide to revolutionize everything without asking. And I expect even more changes to come once they hit Steam and start to cash in more funds for the development. 

So what's the point of my post? I adapted and I discovered I can completely avoid the scissors pike by using light and medium light equipment! But when I talk about this in the chat room it seems that I'm talking about aliens :ph34r:.

Fact is, my brave friends that the Super Duty spinning rods, gold 80 reels and hunter lures are not the only way to catch big trout, char and so on. I found that small lures are trout killers and when used on the correct equipment (you know... those weird 8 kilograms tackles) they can add a lot of fun to the fishing action. If I want to go for big game I'll switch to my heavy equipment and jump on the boat to keep away from the infested shores. Still I would prefer that they diminish or even eliminate the presence of pike from the kuori lake, but it is a personal thought. 

For the ones who can just understand the what rod, what reel, what lure language here it is an example of the setup that's giving me so much fun at Kuori since the leaders patch. I could catch up to a 5 kilograms trout and still I hope to test it on the very monsters of the lake (I'm confident I can because my best kuori char was on a 7.5kg Adriatica reel). 

(yeh my reel will need some repairs soon as I cought tons of evil lake trout!)

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.9636_20180407_120240.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 5:17 AM, JunkyJuke said:
Spoiler

I don't want to become a "devil's lawyer" here, but it seems that some players struggle to keep up with the game's development. Nothing here is definitive and stable. Something that worked a charm yesterday may be drastically changed tomorrow because many things are linked together and if you cange one you have to change the other. A lot of changes will come and I expect even more experimantation and messing with stuff. We accepted to invest our time in a EA game, so we have to constantly adapt and ask for help from the devs and other players. Otherwise we will get frustrated and lose interest.

On the pike scissors question. It is clear now that the Hunter series lures will attract a lot of big pikes when used in proximity of the coast. Still you keep up with this self flagellation. Why? Because you don't want to leave your comfort zone. You act as the game was already finished and published. And you have this rod you put a lot of time and money into and you want to keep landing 20kg kuori char directly from the most risky spots of the lake. I think this mindset can only bring to dissatisfaction and frustration. 

Ok, there are still many things to work on, but it is clear that the devs (I hope their bussiness will have a reference name in the future :P ) have a plan/vision and they want to follow it, even if listening to the crowd requests (feedback). The leaders changes, the new bite indicators, the lantern tweaks and so on are a proof that they are listening, but to a certain extent. They can still decide to revolutionize everything without asking. And I expect even more changes to come once they hit Steam and start to cash in more funds for the development. 

So what's the point of my post? I adapted and I discovered I can completely avoid the scissors pike by using light and medium light equipment! But when I talk about this in the chat room it seems that I'm talking about aliens :ph34r:.

Fact is, my brave friends that the Super Duty spinning rods, gold 80 reels and hunter lures are not the only way to catch big trout, char and so on. I found that small lures are trout killers and when used on the correct equipment (you know... those weird 8 kilograms tackles) they can add a lot of fun to the fishing action. If I want to go for big game I'll switch to my heavy equipment and jump on the boat to keep away from the infested shores. Still I would prefer that they diminish or even eliminate the presence of pike from the kuori lake, but it is a personal thought. 

For the ones who can just understand the what rod, what reel, what lure language here it is an example of the setup that's giving me so much fun at Kuori since the leaders patch. I could catch up to a 5 kilograms trout and still I hope to test it on the very monsters of the lake (I'm confident I can because my best kuori char was on a 7.5kg Adriatica reel). 

(yeh my reel will need some repairs soon as I cought tons of evil lake trout!)

Hide contents

rf4_4.0.9636_20180407_120240.png

Exact same set up I use except i use the red hypnotic with black spots, the grayling love it and it draws the trout as well.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2018 at 3:06 AM, Marcoz said:

I feel 100% the same way.

It's like in a restaurant you ordered a steak...but they only bring you half of the steak....when you complain they send in a waiter who tells you that everything is ok because red meat is not healthy...or they tell you to eat potatoes instead....

Yep...I've been saying that for the past few weeks. It's all about slow progress so eventually you start buying premiium and gold. That's so obvious but they still want to hide it under "simulation game" hoping we are stupid and won't figure this out.

From my years on this earth it still makes me smh. It seem you(devs) spend thousands of hours coding a game to take to market and forget the one thing that makes the game a SUCCESS (your players-customers). The customer tells you (more than a few players(customers)) what's the problem(s) are and you(DEVs) still want to prove them wrong. 

You (DEVs) kill your own game by not listening to the players and in fact YOU again wants to tell everyone  how YOU will take care of your baby (game) and sour the experience for the MAIN reason your game exits for enjoyment and making a profit. 

When the game starts to die you want to make the changes the players were asking for and NOW it's too LATE. I hope you understand by opening it up to STEAM community you will cause the game to speed up the death of RF4. Gamer community reaches very far and they know how the devs wants to prove everyone they know their baby and will not change even if it kills their baby (new game).

You still have time to save RF4 stop trying to be right ALL the time RFmod and provide customer service and check your ego. Because when i checked my bank account I can't deposit "I will show them or I'm right and you are wrong checks".

• Like 2

@shadowdune"Gamer community reaches ....."

Ask yourself this question :

This game is for gamer community or angler community?

When there is no more fish :

-gamer say : F***** GAME

-fisherman say : it's a bad day, i'm in wrong place/moment/setup....

You can use whatever label you choices. When there are issues with the player base and you get no answers or answers that tries to tell you are wrong in every way it's NOT a good business model. I like the game with reference to game. I get it, some games will challenge you and people will take up that challenge. Most only want to enjoy playing a fishing simulator after real life kicking you in your butt. My point is once you get a cash grab label it is very hard to remove it. Also, Companies or groups works very hard to get a good game to the public and screw it up with bad support and customer service. The response I read from a admin isn't  good customer service and will add to the issues that this game seems to have. Full disclosure I'm a network/programmer executive (25 years in the trade) for a large technical company so my response is coming from experience. I hate to see a possible classic fishing game go down like the ones that's on the market now. 

hint: A lot of people just want to throw the line in and a get a bite in a timely manner and progress to the next level. Not setting up an excel/notebook tracking program to find the fish etc... It's only a game and it should be fun and relaxing. If you find yourself stuck in the mechanics of the game and progressing it starts to feel like work. 

Edited by shadowdune
  • Like 3