Gotta stand up for the Devs here.

If there wasn't challenges like finding the fish, avoiding pike, loss of lures/gear, the game would get boring after awhile and lose replay-ability except for just grinding for gear, once you have the best stuff it would get old to just go and yank fish out nonstop without consequence. It would be a ez mode catching simulator(FP). Not a great and realistic fishing simulator.

You can tell that the people in charge of this game are real fishermen from not only the challenge but also many little details in the gameplay.

Also the game being available so early in development means there could be reasons for every aspect of the game at the moment that the player cannot comprehend or know because only the devs have a vision for the final product. So far I am happy with how the game is and look forward to seeing what more the devs do with it. After all, it is THEIR game.(Which I am enjoying for free, unless I make a decision to spend) So I will try to limit my demanding attitude about how I would make the game.

As far as slow progression and gold, I have been progressing nicely in the short time I have played, and have felt no pressure or need for the things that maybe I could only get for gold at my limited level(out of stock/travel limitations). Keep in mind I barely started playing just before 2 updates ago when people were saying that update hurt the bite rates. I have not paid for premium nor bought any gold. (lvl23, 87%bottom, 76%harvesting, 50%GB) I have not even been trying for xp for levels as of yet, mainly just silver and skillups that I have been going for. While the progression might be a little tight and the catch rate low at many spots, It is still not super hard to advance if you work what works and explore trying different methods to find the fish when you are not being successful.

This coming from someone who never watched a youtube video or twitch stream of the game before and went in totally blind. (and still feeling around in the dark)

I do plan on supporting the game and devs at some point, but am enjoying the challenge of xp and skills without the boost atm so I will stick with it awhile longer before investing in premium.

Keep up the good work devs,  It is an amazing fishing game you have here. Here's hoping it becomes largely successful in the near future. I wish you luck in finding ways to satisfy the demanding beast that is the Steam Gaming Community. You definitely will have a shining review from me.(fanboy already)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2018 at 2:06 AM, Marcoz said:

I feel 100% the same way.

It's like in a restaurant you ordered a steak...but they only bring you half of the steak....when you complain they send in a waiter who tells you that everything is ok because red meat is not healthy...or they tell you to eat potatoes instead....

Yep...I've been saying that for the past few weeks. It's all about slow progress so eventually you start buying premiium and gold. That's so obvious but they still want to hide it under "simulation game" hoping we are stupid and won't figure this out.

Last steak I ordered wasnt free to eat with the option to pay quicker delivery to my table.

Whats stupid is thinking you play a game of this scope for free and the devs do not implement a way to make money off their game. Whats stupid is thinking this is wrong or immoral or some kind of scam... ever played a ftp game before? Thats kinda the idea of them. Whatever the strategy, The fact that the game is a simulation type game is not any kind of attempt to hide it.(Since that makes no sense) You havent unraveled the mystery or figured anything out that is special.

Edited by Tenzen
added
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tenzen said:

Last steak I ordered wasnt free to eat with the option to pay quicker delivery to my table.

Whats stupid is thinking you play a game of this scope for free and the devs do not implement a way to make money off their game. Whats stupid is thinking this is wrong or immoral or some kind of scam... ever played a ftp game before? Thats kinda the idea of them. Whatever the strategy, The fact that the game is a simulation type game is not any kind of attempt to hide it.(Since that makes no sense) You havent unraveled the mystery or figured anything out that is special.

I'd really have to put much effort to find bigger crap then this...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marcoz said:

I'd really have to put much effort to find bigger crap then this...

More effort than providing some sort of rebuttal ? n1

Could someone please clarify something about the new flouro leaders?

Syberia Fine F-Carbon leader FD:

The description describes these as designed for feeder fishing.

Simmons Pure F-Carbon leader FD:

Again, the description describes these as designed for feeder fishing.

Simmons Flourocarbon leader:

Described as suitable for catching Zander, Perch and medium-sized Pike;

so I presume these are designed for spinning.

These come in only three strengths: 3kg, 6.5kg and 11.5kg.

As the spinning flouro leaders are only available in three strengths, are there any penalties(e.g. deterring the spawning of trophy fish) if we use a flouro leader designed for feeder fishing when spinning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2018 at 8:30 PM, MikeB20 said:

Could someone please clarify something about the new flouro leaders?

Syberia Fine F-Carbon leader FD:

The description describes these as designed for feeder fishing.

Simmons Pure F-Carbon leader FD:

Again, the description describes these as designed for feeder fishing.

Simmons Flourocarbon leader:

Described as suitable for catching Zander, Perch and medium-sized Pike;

so I presume these are designed for spinning.

These come in only three strengths: 3kg, 6.5kg and 11.5kg.

As the spinning flouro leaders are only available in three strengths, are there any penalties(e.g. deterring the spawning of trophy fish) if we use a flouro leader designed for feeder fishing when spinning.

I’m curious about this as well.  Anyone know?

• Like 1

On 23/04/2018 at 4:30 AM, MikeB20 said:

Not really seen a difference, large trophy predatory fish are rarer in my experience than catching with feeder or float. I have caught a few trophy using feeder leaders, more so in fact than the leaders designed for spinning.

The one thing I do find misleading however, is the text that states Simmons flurocarbon leaders for spinning and catching pike. Anything over 4kg has a large chance to cut the line and an 8lb pike is not really a monster in any accounts. 

Hello everyone, so i come here with one critical question;

How can i keep trolling in Kuori for trouts and chars without beeing cut of by pikes?

And by that i mean  is there a resisting pike leader without diminishing bite rate? I'm only trolling the deepest waters, never near the shore or the reeds and after 3 days (3hours) i've lost the same amount of silver in lures that i've earn in fish.

I tried steel leaders, no bite...  except pike (By the way EVERYWHERE, shalow water, deep holes, strait middle of the lake)

I tried to change my lures, spoons, wobblers, they all seems to catch pike.

And please, don't hit me with the usual lie "you'r not fishing in the right place" i went EVERYWHERE with the boat and there is an occasional pike on every location.

At this stage of the game development i'm quite sure the dev's are trying so bad on fish behavior that they don't even control them anymore seriously.

This is kind of my last stand with this game that i love, but this is just not fun to play anymore, i don't enjoy a too easy fishing game but nor do i with a too hard one. 

On 5/12/2018 at 5:53 AM, Randall said:

Hello everyone, so i come here with one critical question;

How can i keep trolling in Kuori for trouts and chars without beeing cut of by pikes?

And by that i mean  is there a resisting pike leader without diminishing bite rate? I'm only trolling the deepest waters, never near the shore or the reeds and after 3 days (3hours) i've lost the same amount of silver in lures that i've earn in fish.

I tried steel leaders, no bite...  except pike (By the way EVERYWHERE, shalow water, deep holes, strait middle of the lake)

I tried to change my lures, spoons, wobblers, they all seems to catch pike.

And please, don't hit me with the usual lie "you'r not fishing in the right place" i went EVERYWHERE with the boat and there is an occasional pike on every location.

At this stage of the game development i'm quite sure the dev's are trying so bad on fish behavior that they don't even control them anymore seriously.

This is kind of my last stand with this game that i love, but this is just not fun to play anymore, i don't enjoy a too easy fishing game but nor do i with a too hard one. 

@Randall The key to safely bringing in pike on non-steel leaders is to maintain proper line tension. Two ways to do this are to raise the rod tip using the right mouse button and/or use the shift key to increase the speed of reeling in the fish.

On 14/05/2018 at 3:18 PM, Elwoodiath2 said:

@Randall The key to safely bringing in pike on non-steel leaders is to maintain proper line tension. Two ways to do this are to raise the rod tip using the right mouse button and/or use the shift key to increase the speed of reeling in the fish.

Hum, yes thank's, i'm already doing it, while trooling my reels are set to 50 speed and i raise my rod and reel fast.

The day i asked my question, a pike cut me off on the bite, i was trooling, i saw the rod bend like crasy half a second and bim "line cut off by fish teeth". So the line was in full tension at the moment of the cut.

Holy crap this is the salties thread i have read in a long time.

If you have problems being cut off by pikes, you are doing it wrong or you are catching trophys on every bite.

If you complain about getting pike while trolling on kouri, then you dont realise the area your lures are actually fishing every time you do a turn.

Trolling on kouri and not getting a pike is simply not possible due to the size of the lake.

if u want to catch trout and char without pikes taking your lure. Stand and cast instead, that way you are sure to reach the area u want to target and pikes will most likely be avoided.

Get a grip!

Hi guys, what species can cut the line with teeths? I know the pikes and zander can, im correct?
there is other fishes who can?

Maybe you spoked about this before but mi english is too bad, sorry for that... but if i have a steel leader, i have less chance to get bites on my lure /fish meat? 

13 minutes ago, gastonSM said:

Hi guys, what species can cut the line with teeths? I know the pikes and zander can, im correct?
there is other fishes who can?

Maybe you spoked about this before but mi english is too bad, sorry for that... but if i have a steel leader, i have less chance to get bites on my lure /fish meat? 

Hi gastonSM

It is a pike and catfish.

Regards

Levo

On 7/19/2018 at 10:24 AM, Levo said:

Hi gastonSM

It is a pike and catfish.

Regards

Levo

Go ahead and add Salmon/Trout to the list.  I was literally reeling in a laker, char, or sevan Trout and i got the line bitten by teeth message and off he went.  It's really weird too because I have been fishing Kuori super hard the past 2 days and none of them have bitten me off.  I am using the Simmons Pure Fcarbon Leader FD21LB 9.7kg and have been using it on Kuori and have caught well over 100 fish here.  Not only that, but the line was super tight.  I was reeling down then RMB lifting the fish up because he was under the boat.  Been using this method a lot and never had anything bad happen.  When he was like 8 feet away under me with a tight line that is when the fish bite through the line.  He wasn't turning or moving or anything.  Just cut the line.  Made me lose a Terminator lure which is pretty expensive.  This is just weird to me because I have heard pike and catfish, but never Salmon/trout.  Yes, I saw the fish.  I know it was one of those 3 because they all look similiar in the water so I know it was one of those.  It was a really big one too.  Probably 4-8kg. 

31 minutes ago, Slinkyb said:

Go ahead and add Salmon/Trout to the list.  I was literally reeling in a laker, char, or sevan Trout and i got the line bitten by teeth message and off he went.  It's really weird too because I have been fishing Kuori super hard the past 2 days and none of them have bitten me off.  I am using the Simmons Pure Fcarbon Leader FD21LB 9.7kg and have been using it on Kuori and have caught well over 100 fish here.  Not only that, but the line was super tight.  I was reeling down then RMB lifting the fish up because he was under the boat.  Been using this method a lot and never had anything bad happen.  When he was like 8 feet away under me with a tight line that is when the fish bite through the line.  He wasn't turning or moving or anything.  Just cut the line.  Made me lose a Terminator lure which is pretty expensive.  This is just weird to me because I have heard pike and catfish, but never Salmon/trout.  Yes, I saw the fish.  I know it was one of those 3 because they all look similiar in the water so I know it was one of those.  It was a really big one too.  Probably 4-8kg. 

Okay this just happened again.  So, you guys increased the biting through the line ratio on Kuori?  This wasn't happening the last 2 real life days.  Lakers and such can cut line easily now?  Like I don't get this.  Which really sucks because when i put on a steel leader you barely catch anything.  This game went from really great to crap in 1 hour of fishing today.  I don't get why you would do this.

8 hours ago, Slinkyb said:

Okay this just happened again.  So, you guys increased the biting through the line ratio on Kuori?  This wasn't happening the last 2 real life days.  Lakers and such can cut line easily now?  Like I don't get this.  Which really sucks because when i put on a steel leader you barely catch anything.  This game went from really great to crap in 1 hour of fishing today.  I don't get why you would do this.

9 hours ago, Slinkyb said:

Hi Slinkyb

It wasn't a Salmon/Trout it was a PIKE. I just checked the logs and your leader was cut by a pike.

Only Pike or in rare cases Catfish cant cut your leaders with teeth.

Regards

Levo

14 hours ago, Levo said:

Hi Slinkyb

It wasn't a Salmon/Trout it was a PIKE. I just checked the logs and your leader was cut by a pike.

Only Pike or in rare cases Catfish cant cut your leaders with teeth.

Regards

Levo

So you are trying to tell me I can't tell the difference between a trout and a pike?  See this is why I wish I was streaming the game.  Because then you couldn't say it was a pike when I clearly saw a Lake trout or Sevan Trout.  It was right next to my boat.  Also, after i took that leader off and am just using straight line I am no longer getting bitten off by teeth from trout or salmon.  I will take a picture next time because obviously either you guys aren't telling the truth or your game is bugged.

7 hours ago, Slinkyb said:

So you are trying to tell me I can't tell the difference between a trout and a pike?  See this is why I wish I was streaming the game.  Because then you couldn't say it was a pike when I clearly saw a Lake trout or Sevan Trout.  It was right next to my boat.  Also, after i took that leader off and am just using straight line I am no longer getting bitten off by teeth from trout or salmon.  I will take a picture next time because obviously either you guys aren't telling the truth or your game is bugged.

Its obvious it was a pike, they look at the data for last 6 months for your character and shows all of your "line cut with teeth" fish. If Levo says it was a pike, it was a pike... Believe what the moderator with access to the info says vs. what you think you saw. You say "clearly saw lake or sevan", It must not have been THAT clear, if you couldnt tell which species it was specifically.

10 hours ago, Slinkyb said:

Hi Slinkyb

Are you trying to tell me that I am lying to you? 

"I will take a picture next time because obviously either you guys aren't telling the truth or your game is bugged." - Before you accuse someone of lying make sure you got a proof. 

"I was literally reeling in a laker, char, or sevan Trout " - is there any species you left out that are on Kuori that you might hook here?

Did you come here to get an answer and help or just argue? Because if you came here to start an argument I am asking you politely to not do that anymore, we are here to help you guys but won't tolerate accusations or arguments. 

I already told you it was a Pike because I checked the logs and I also know what fish can cut the line or leader with teeth.

Topic closed Slinkyb

Levo

• Like 1

Just to clear this up . 

When using leaders for spin fishing it doesnt make any difference if u use the feeder ones ? 

Levo 😊??? If you would be so kind as to clear this up please . 

Hello,

First post so first of all, i would like to say that I really like this game, very challenging and intersting imo and I have already spent on this game more than I should have ^^

I fully understand the protective assets that lead bring to spin tackle a.k.a avoiding getting cut off by a pike.

But concerning feeder tackle, i can't find any good reason to use a leader (be it steel, fluoro or nylon). I mean I don't want this leader to be my weakest point (I want it to be my line) , and there are - correct me if I'm wrong - no species that can cut my line off.

So can you hint me about the use of leaders on feeders tackle

Thanks !

PS: I had the game on steam, is this possible to link my igaccount with the forum account?

1 hour ago, Grigny_91_zer said:

Hello,

First post so first of all, i would like to say that I really like this game, very challenging and intersting imo and I have already spent on this game more than I should have ^^

I fully understand the protective assets that lead bring to spin tackle a.k.a avoiding getting cut off by a pike.

But concerning feeder tackle, i can't find any good reason to use a leader (be it steel, fluoro or nylon). I mean I don't want this leader to be my weakest point (I want it to be my line) , and there are - correct me if I'm wrong - no species that can cut my line off.

So can you hint me about the use of leaders on feeders tackle

Thanks !

PS: I had the game on steam, is this possible to link my igaccount with the forum account?

@Grigny_91_zer If you fish with live baits, pike will take them off of bottom feeders sometimes so there is that risk. The other risk is large fish such as catfish and sturgeon that can put enough force on the line to tear it. There are two messages - "The line is torn by teeth" (almost always pike) and the "The line is torn" (snags or large fish). The main use for leaders on feeder tackle is to reduce line visibility in the water. Some species are very wary and will hit something on flouro more often than if you had it on mono or braid. For bream fishing I always use flouro leaders as I have much less luck with braid and mono. Everything is in the game for a reason and there are reasons to go with and without a leader based on what you are targeting.

Finally there is not a way to link your Steam account with your forum account. We can transfer your Steam account to a standard RF4 account. Should you choose to do this, contact support@rf4game.com to start the process.

Hello people.

Yesterday I had my line torn twice, I got spooled by a carp I think. I used leaders on both systems thinking if my line gets torn, I will only lose the leader and the hook, but both times I lost everything up to the bells. The leaders I was using both had load capacity lesser then the lines I was using. Is it suppose to work that way? Is there no point to leaders other then saving my lines from predator fish?

5 hours ago, skitter p0p said:

((Some places may have an occasional pike but if you are using fluoro line/leader most times you will be fine)) No you're not.. have lost every single decent sized pike since i started using fluoro leader, with the exception of when being very lucky and getting them really close.. otherwise when getting a pike bigger than 4 maybe 5 kg it seems almost inevitable that they will cut any of the fluorocarbon leaders.. 

@skitter p0p The trick to bringing in pike on Flouro leaders is to maintain proper line tension. Any kind of slack in the line and they will bite through. They may still do that even if everything is right, but it is a lot less likely. I fish with a UL rig almost exclusively, and have only had my line torn by pike once. This is on a 6.4kg flouro leader.The three most important things you can do if you think the fish is a pike is:

1. Use shift key when reeling, this ensures the line tension doesn't get much slack in it.
  2. Ensure your drag is set so that you stay just out of the red on your tension bar. Don't go into the red as this puts undo stress on your rig. Just under the red line is the sweet spot.
  3. If you still are having trouble with line tension, then raise the rod up with the right mouse button. This helps maintain good line tension.

Hope this helps!