Azorees

RF4 Still losing Players and Streamers

Logged on to Twitch this morning and noticed only 2 Streamers streaming the game, 1 was followed and 1 was not.

1 Streamer had 2 viewers and the other had 4 viewers.

This is telling me that players are still leaving at a fast rate, imo there are 2 main reasons for this.

The biggest reason is the connection issues that lots of players are suffering from which is making the game unplayable for them.

All focus should be on fixing that issue which has been around for over a year.

Yes the issue was there over 12 month ago and the only thing that's changed is, instead of disconnecting you it leaves you connected unable to do anything apart from move around ( The Infamous Wheel Of Death ) this happens when you land a fish when the error occurs.

There has been a lot of so called fixes which might work for a short while for people but its not a permanent fix, I have tried many of these and I still get it from time to time.

There is a command you can put into the CMD which will generate a file you can forward onto RF4, this was done by lots of players a while back, me included.

I have followed lots of RF4 streamers and have noticed that nearly all of them are now streaming other games instead of RF4, Surely the Devs must see this and it must ring alarm bells but still die hard players still wait for a fix.

The other main reason is people struggling to find the fish they are targeting, High level players with high level gear need to be finding high level fish when using high level gear.

I don't mean every cast should produce a trophy or a close to trophy fish, On the loading screen it states " to catch bigger fish use bigger hooks " when I read this it makes me lol every time.

I have tested this with Floats , Spinning , Casting , and Bottom fishing and using a smaller hook produces the bulk of the bigger fish.

For example in the pond on Akhtuba I found using a medium 6 hook produced bigger fish than using a large 1 hook along with a higher bite rate.

What I found in my test was that the large 1 hook produced mainly untagged fish while the medium 6 hook produced mainly tagged fish some in double figures where as the large 1 hook struggled to bag a double figured fish.

Same result on Belaya when using the same lure, I swapped the hook size on the Akkilia Lure to a bigger hook and instantly catching untagged fish more often than a tagged fish, swapped the hook back to a smaller hook and back to catching tagged fish again.

The Devs have a great game here but  I feel that its being destroyed slowly by some wrong decisions being made.

I do stream the game and have done for some time and even after playing over 4000 hours I still listen to my viewers when they offer advice on what rig to use and where to use it.

I am no stranger to catching fish and how to catch them but even I find it a struggle to find the fish i'm after some of the time.

I used to stream 7 days a week for around 6 hours Roughly 54 hours a week , And now I only stream as and when I feel like it, this could be as little as 1 day in a week for 4 hours.

My bite rate sometimes gets to none exsistant and see people with less gear and level than me catching much better quality fish, it even got that bad that I had to message a Mod and ask them to check my account and see if there is a problem with my bite rate.

This was not happening just for a day or two this went on for weeks at a time which convinced me something was wrong with my account.

Devs please please please sort out this game, me like other players love playing this game but its becoming impossible for even us to stay with it and we don't want this game to die a slow horrible death.

• Like 12

I just joined the game about 3 weeks ago been streaming fine most of the time. I stream in English as well. I have found the community great the challenge amazing, though I have to say trophy bream has become my white whale. Every game and or community as migration, that's just the nature of the digital environment. 

• Like 1

@Azorees, you are welcome to express your opinions, but steam numbers mean very little to us. Our majority play on the standalone and many migrate to it once they come to love the game. 

Doomsaying has been a popular part of the forum as people who believe they have the ideal notion of what the game needs warn of impending doom. Most of these people seldom post anything positive and then take it as us attacking them if we refute or explain. Often it is simply a matter of them thinking they understand how things work when they do not. I am certain that you are both experienced and sincere and I am not attacking you or shooting down your opinion. I am just expressing my own opinion on doomsaying and what people may think is important as regards a niche game like RF4.

I do want to address a couple of items.

"For example in the pond on Akhtuba I found using a medium 6 hook produced bigger fish than using a large 1 hook along with a higher bite rate.

What I found in my test was that the large 1 hook produced mainly untagged fish while the medium 6 hook produced mainly tagged fish some in double figures where as the large 1 hook struggled to bag a double figured fish."

Bigger hook does not equal bigger / better fish. IDEAL hook size = better fish. 

We still don't get why people seem to think that bigger hook, more expensive gear will catch trophy fish. I guess because it is a mechanic in some other fishing games.

Ultimately please bear in mind that I am writing to address the hook size misconception and to express that steam is not our primary platform and that it is to be expected that a niche game is not going to hold the spotlight with the streamers. The disconnects are an issue but it is something the devs are focused on even as I write this.

Tight lines and good will

Kache

• Like 4

@Azorees, quality post mate I of course agree with you. But dont expect much to change apart from obvious tech issues that happens and I`m sure will be sorted out. 

I would also like to thank you as you always been helpful to other players on the forums and in game.

I myself will be leaving and this is probably my last post since game is shaping simply in to certain way that I personally dont find encouraging and enjoyable. The game become like abusive relationship lately haha - I keep getting beat up but I`m coming back, this is not healthy for me :D

Big thanks to all the community for many great moments as you guys rocks!

3 hours ago, Kache said:

@Azorees, 

We still don't get why people seem to think that bigger hook, more expensive gear will catch trophy fish. I guess because it is a mechanic in some other fishing games.

Effort = reward, RF4 is still a game, and it should respect said rule. I sound like broken record but this is my biggest issue. The progression in game is slowest Iv seen in any mmo/game out there and when you finally after months of playing (or investing real cash in to gold) get your big gear with "+3 points to whatever" you as a player expect some sort of reward/satisfaction. 

signing off o7

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Kache said:

Steam numbers mean very little to us. Our majority play on the standalone and many migrate to it once they come to love the game. 

I started on the standalone version and migrated to Steam for convenience, after I came to love the game.  It's good that Steam numbers mean 'very little' to you, as they are the only verifiable means of showing the current player numbers.  It would be extremely interesting to see the numbers for the standalone version, to see the increase or decrease over the last 2 months, but of course that information is not available to us. It is extremely difficult to imagine that a loss of over 25% of your Steam players, in the last 2 months, would vastly differ from the standalone numbers. I do hope that we will be provided with the standalone player numbers in the near future.

• Like 2

It seems reasonable that Steam numbers mean very little because they represent a small proportion of the overall player numbers. However-- I suspect they represent a fairly accurate percentage of overall player numbers that have left the game because of the main issues Azorees wrote about. That should alarm the owner/s of RF4 and should have them scrambling to stop the bleeding. Instead, they offer a fairly feeble sale, tighten the screws on player progression and allow the technical problems to linger on. I've read a lot of doom and gloom posts in the last 2 years or so and the recent wave of complaints is worse than anything that's gone on before. Except perhaps during Boiliegate- that was a real low for RF4.

The Chiv's post perfectly represents the perspective of a new-ish player that is loving the game for all the reasons the game is so great. But it's practically a 100% guarantee that if he (or any random new-ish player) sticks around he'll experience the same frustration most of us old timers feel nowadays. I absolutely hate it that most of the friends I've made playing this game are gone. Hate hate hate that.

Regarding the bigger hooks/bigger fish topic- the "best" hook should get the bigger fish. Great feature of the game. But... better gear plus more experience should absolutely get a higher percentage of better fish too. Better gear means (usually) bonus points, more experience means better skill tree plus the use of the the best line, hooks, locations, times, baits, etc. The odds should be stacked for high level players that make good choices, as they would irl. I find this to be true for the most part but the devs have a little too much "tough luck" RNG to the game. Compromise there would be nice. 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 11:20 AM, Azorees said:

Logged on to Twitch this morning and noticed only 2 Streamers streaming the game, 1 was followed and 1 was not.

1 Streamer had 2 viewers and the other had 4 viewers.

How early is morning for you and in what timezone do you live? I have been watching RF4 streams for a long time now, almost every day, and I can't say that I have ever seen under 10 viewers in total for Russian Fishing 4 on Twitch. 

16 hours ago, Kache said:

@Azorees, you are welcome to express your opinions, but steam numbers mean very little to us. Our majority play on the standalone and many migrate to it once they come to love the game. 

Doomsaying has been a popular part of the forum as people who believe they have the ideal notion of what the game needs warn of impending doom. Most of these people seldom post anything positive and then take it as us attacking them if we refute or explain. Often it is simply a matter of them thinking they understand how things work when they do not. I am certain that you are both experienced and sincere and I am not attacking you or shooting down your opinion. I am just expressing my own opinion on doomsaying and what people may think is important as regards a niche game like RF4.

I do want to address a couple of items.

"For example in the pond on Akhtuba I found using a medium 6 hook produced bigger fish than using a large 1 hook along with a higher bite rate.

What I found in my test was that the large 1 hook produced mainly untagged fish while the medium 6 hook produced mainly tagged fish some in double figures where as the large 1 hook struggled to bag a double figured fish."

Bigger hook does not equal bigger / better fish. IDEAL hook size = better fish. 

Ultimately please bear in mind that I am writing to address the hook size misconception and to express that steam is not our primary platform and that it is to be expected that a niche game is not going to hold the spotlight with the streamers. The disconnects are an issue but it is something the devs are focused on even as I write this.

Tight lines and good will

Kache

you say Bigger hook does not equal bigger / better fish. IDEAL hook size = better fish.  but on the loading screen does the game not say and I quote " To catch bigger fish use a bigger hook " this is where people are getting that idea about using a bigger hook from.

In the pond on Tuba you have some nice sized carp there, Buffalo , Common , Grass , Bighead, Silver along with other types of fish like Cats.

A large 1 hook is not considered to be a big hook to fish there when a size 1/0 would suffice and even a 4/0 , but that being said hooks from medium 6 to a large 1 would be optimal hooks for that location.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Nansen said:

How early is morning for you and in what timezone do you live? I have been watching RF4 streams for a long time now, almost every day, and I can't say that I have ever seen under 10 viewers in total for Russian Fishing 4 on Twitch. 

I have seen the same amount at various times of the day during UK times I have also seen 1 or 2 streamers streaming late at night UK time from 10 pm onwards.

i'm not talking about Sponsored streamers btw as they will always get more than average amount of  viewers in their stream simply because of giveaways.

When I 1st started streaming a while back I saw a big list of RF4 streamers in twitch sponsored and unsponsored, I have seen them numbers get less and less and now your lucky to see 5 streamers on at any one time.

I followed a lot of RF4 streamers and often I see only one of my followed streamers streaming when I used to see 10 or more at a time.

There is no denying that this game has lost a lot of streamers and players like I said in my post, I still stand by what I say in my post as I find that to be a more accurate post as what many others are.

I don't BS about the game I just say how I feel it is, as well as posting negative posts there has been times when I have defended the game too and I still will defend it even now if I feel some one posts a BS comment about it.

There is some things that are spot on in this game but again there is things wrong with the game and at the moment the wrongs seem to be more prominent than the rights.

• Like 5

Thank you guys for all your candid input. I will admit that I stirred the pot a little so that people would not hold back.

I wanted to give this post some time before responding since I wanted others to have their say and my point is not leaping to the defense of the game. I guess, my intention was not clear. I was trying to support you Azorees .  We have indeed lost players and we are not the hot topic of streamers any longer. That is why I said, " I am certain that you are both experienced and sincere and I am not attacking you or shooting down your opinion." I was trying to note that while many practice 'doomsaying' that I felt your post was thoughtful. I also was simply trying to explain why you got the results you did with size 6 hook.

You do have some valid concerns, and the development team realizes that there are a lot of things that need to be addressed. The feedback is getting passed on. I hope everyone understands that things will change but will take sometime to change, and the work never stops. We don’t want to announce something that is not ready or complete, nor to give the wrong expectations, so keep an eye out for future announcements to be released as they happen.

The Team is working on some ideas to address some of the issues and a few big things are in the works as well. It is expected that with current issues streamers have a bit of a hard time producing new content and engaging players with exciting good streams. Viewership of the streams on the other hand is not low currently by any means (based on the stats).

When it comes to the player base, we don’t provide numbers, but as was mentioned before steam is only part of those numbers, and those numbers don’t have the same correlation. For example  when steam had 4000+ players that had dropped as some of you have pointed out, the total number of players of  the game had a much smaller change.  

Though we don’t announce much at the moment, I hope everyone keeps in mind that part of the reason for this is there were some occasions when we were saying or promising too much, and it had a negative effect when we had some unexpected issues with delivering on those promises or that created delays. So currently we are trying to introduce everything when we know there are no unpredicted problems.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

"Though we don’t announce much at the moment, I hope everyone keeps in mind that part of the reason for this is there were some occasions when we were saying or promising too much, and it had a negative effect when we had some unexpected issues with delivering on those promises or that created delays. So currently we are trying to introduce everything when we know there are no unpredicted problems."

Losing player have nothing to do with promising content not delivered.

Want to have the players back and a growing healthy population? Let the players catch fish. Yeas is that simple. Let players have a feeling of advancement in level ( get high lv gear than get better fish in size and number ).

At the moment the fish size you get at lv 1 you will get at lv 20 (mainly spin fishing, 80-90% of all the fish you get are under 1 kg).

Want to have the players back? return the game prior to "migration" patch more than 1 year ago. People where everywhere, people enjoyed their time in the game making friends and having fun by catching fish and felt like they advanced and have something to grind for...next lake, next reel or stick. Now? What's the point in getting a bigger reel or stick when you get the same 300g fish all day long?

Want to have the players back? Stop this strategy of adding money sink at every corner of the game and in the same time nerfing the income to sustain the already high costs for fishing....AKA the pike rape. Remove the ability of pike cutting the line.

And this are just a few things you can do to get the players back. Get as much as you can from the 1 million suggestions people have already posted in the specific thread and you will have more than what number of players you had back in the days prior to "migration" patch.

• Like 7

Probably no matter how constructive and civil the mods and admins try to keep this discussion it's going to be met with a lot of negativity. The devs cultivated an environment of love/hate with the many niggles, like fish cut by teeth, for instance. The devs seem hell bent on keeping the game brutal on noobs and old timers and the players... 

9 hours ago, CadyDady said:

"Though we don’t announce much at the moment, I hope everyone keeps in mind that part of the reason for this is there were some occasions when we were saying or promising too much, and it had a negative effect when we had some unexpected issues with delivering on those promises or that created delays. So currently we are trying to introduce everything when we know there are no unpredicted problems."

Losing player have nothing to do with promising content not delivered.

Want to have the players back and a growing healthy population? Let the players catch fish. Yeas is that simple. Let players have a feeling of advancement in level ( get high lv gear than get better fish in size and number ).

At the moment the fish size you get at lv 1 you will get at lv 20 (mainly spin fishing, 80-90% of all the fish you get are under 1 kg).

Want to have the players back? return the game prior to "migration" patch more than 1 year ago. People where everywhere, people enjoyed their time in the game making friends and having fun by catching fish and felt like they advanced and have something to grind for...next lake, next reel or stick. Now? What's the point in getting a bigger reel or stick when you get the same 300g fish all day long?

Want to have the players back? Stop this strategy of adding money sink at every corner of the game and in the same time nerfing the income to sustain the already high costs for fishing....AKA the pike rape. Remove the ability of pike cutting the line.

And this are just a few things you can do to get the players back. Get as much as you can from the 1 million suggestions people have already posted in the specific thread and you will have more than what number of players you had back in the days prior to "migration" patch.

In the chat I have been a part of for several months now a new player, level 7, just lost a lure to a pike. Pretty sure he's gone for good now. Wait- he stayed. I know this because I just saw his name with "fish got away". Seriously, in the time it took to type this he lost a lure and another fish. 

3 hours ago, Fishnatic said:

Probably no matter how constructive and civil the mods and admins try to keep this discussion it's going to be met with a lot of negativity. The devs cultivated an environment of love/hate with the many niggles, like fish cut by teeth, for instance. The devs seem hell bent on keeping the game brutal on noobs and old timers and the players... 

In the chat I have been a part of for several months now a new player, level 7, just lost a lure to a pike. Pretty sure he's gone for good now. Wait- he stayed. I know this because I just saw his name with "fish got away". Seriously, in the time it took to type this he lost a lure and another fish. 

@Fishnatic

Thanks for your feedback sir.

Regards, Butcher™

On 7/9/2019 at 6:38 AM, CadyDady said:

Dear devs

There are plenty of things wrong with this game, but there are allot of good things about this game also, i do stream the game because i do love it but this quote that i took i feel is the thing that is the most worth repeating, i got about 15-20 friends to play this game, they all loved it at first, the first week they only slept at most 2 hours because the game was so much fun for them, in a week they accumulated 100 hours in this game, then it happened they unlocked bear lake, looking at my profile and following my stream they were excited, their eyes lit up brighter than an African sun, they went there full of hope and excitement and they caught 6 fish for the first hour and 9 fish in the next hour, the thing that came out of the mouth of all of them was the same sentiment that i feel, i don't care about catching a trophy every hour yes they are nice but sitting for an hour and catching only 6 fish? and i quote from them "i can walk in real life to the lake and it will take me 25 mins, set up my gear takes me 10 mins, that is 35 mins then cast in and still catch more than 6 fish in the remaining 25 mins" i want them to keep on playing the game but its hard to explain to them when they are at the right spot and using the right bait and using the perfect gear why they are not catching anything, i usually say its RNG but that excuse is only valid for a couple of hours then they laugh and log off, this is a fishing sim yes i get it, but IRL if you go carp fishing in most lakes that stock carps you will catch more than 20 carps an hour, maybe not trophy size ones but at least the numbers are there, the problem is i feel that most of the community does not feel like you listening to them, people are  complaining about not catching fish and the responses we are getting is there is new stuff coming , the point never is that there is a lack of content, people have been saying that there is a lot of content but there is no point in new content if the new content is having the same problems and the old content is not being fixed, new content is not the problem for most of the community. The problem is the current content is not working because the fish is not biting. People can forgive lack of content if the current content is being improved on a regular basis and the current content is working, example what the community feels is someone said to me imagine you send someone to the store and ask them to buy some water because its hot outside you don't have anything to drink and you are dehydrating, you give them 5$, they come back with steak and a bread and it all cost 10$, sure they are bringing you in terms of money more than what you gave them but they did not bring you what you needed. That is what we feel like, we are just asking let us catch more fish that's all and the response we keep on getting is there is more content coming in the near future, that's great but it does not solve the need we have which is catching more fish. sometimes i play another game while fishing and its not even much effort as there is so little bites at the moment. i will repeat i love this game and there is no fishing game out there that i am capable of playing because of how good the fishing mechanics are in this game and how smooth it feels but then for people like me there is only one option when it fails to deliver to the standards the game was once at and that is stop playing it. That truly hurts because of how much i play the game and how much i love it and i cant handle a response of RNG and using the right stuff anymore because i am level 40 the guy above fishnatic is 41 or 42 and allot of players that stopped playing is also round about these levels. by this time when you get to high 30's and 40's i think we know what we are doing and i feel like when high level players starts complaining about the same thing it should hold water, we tried the game played it and became some of the most experienced players in the game, so if all of us start complaining about not catching anything then surely we cant all be doing things wrong.

This is not an attack nor is it negative towards the game or the devs or anyone, this is expressing a frustration being felt by the community about a great game that we don't want to see go under.  we have been telling you what we want and that's more fish, tell us as the community what we need to do then to get you guys to give us more fish, you feel like we (the community) only write negative things so tell us what can we do to help you help us then, because i feel that we will gladly do that for you in exchange for catching more fish. if anyone be it a dev a mod an sponsored person want to speak to me pm me and i will gladly give all my information so we can get in contact and take this to a private conversation. if this feels like another attack by a user i do apologize because it is not what this is meant for. all i want to get from this is that you guys try to understand us a bit more as the end users so you guys can better deliver to us what we want without having to guess or us being unhappy when you bring out something and its not what we wanted.

Kind regards

• Like 7

The mean-spirited actions of the devs has always cut deepest for me. 

Paying 5000 silver for a knife and having it fail? Losing numerous lures to pike, even with 45kg steel leaders? Fish piece harvesting fail? Groundbait making fail? Losing the ability to use the small Hunter lures on my [crazy expensive] UL set up because the devs "re-balanced"? Outrageous gear repair costs that are in no way true to the simulator spirit of the game? Having your drag weaken because you haven't had enough coffee? Baits being removed from the game after being told they wouldn't be? And more... 

Deeeep breaths 😁 Like Thrall, regardless of these things I love the game and continue to play, continue to respect the devs for making such a great game, but also continue to think bad things about them for their cruelty. 

And this should've been mentioned earlier in the thread-- the mods and admins deserve a huge amount of credit for dealing reasonably with all this complaining. Thanks guys.

• Like 7

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this topic with a lot of attention and I would like to add something to the "give more advanced players more challenge/rewards".

First of all, I'm a semi-experienced player (lvl 36) and I've spent money and time into this game cause I love the f2p model of the game and I think the realism of the game make the imersion possible and enjoyable.

That being said, I agree with the opinion that there is a need to have more incentives to this game.

Before you unlock all the lakes and most of the rig, you can feel your progression. I remember when I first went to kuori, I instantly felt the need to "master" this lake and so I farmed to buy spinning gear. It was a reasonnable long process and right after I upgraded my gear (effort), I saw a nice increase of my performance on kuori (reward).

Same for bear lake with carp gear (be it feeder or float tishing) and so on.

The frustration for me came around level 35 when all lakes are unlocked and I've bought most of the gear I need. At this point, i'm feeling quite stuck in the game because I don't feel the effort I put in the farm/the search for spots etc is correlated with the rewards I get... Other players have already explained this quite well before me.

I also think that the competitive side of the game is quite poor. Having a leader board is too RNG for me and feels boring after some time. I mean getting all trophies is almost impossible, being on a global all time leader board is very hard as well (which is ok), the weekly system can reward you some gold (which is nice) but I still think it's not worth the effort.

I would really  like to see some sort of periodic competition with new challenges. For instance a weekly competition with the X best players of each region competing in a new lake in a limited but consequent amount of time (let's say one or two irl days I don't know). You could like this reward people who performed well during a week and give them a chance to win even more stuffs as a result of those competition.
For instance: pick the 10 weekly/monthly best russian  performers , 10 best chinese, french, etc... Give them something to reward their effort.
Then invite them to a monthly tournament in a new lake where they can battle to catch the best fishes and reward them accordingly.

That will incentive high level players and give other players some more end-game goals.  And I think It could boost streaming as well because people would like to see players battling in  a new environment.

Of course, I think priority should be given to technical problems as well. I mean yesterday i was in the mood to play this game after a little break. I was trolling then at  my 5th fish, wheel of death. So I didn't bother restarting and getting back to boat because it's a frustration to restart your game, go back to the boat, and do the path again to reach my spot. I tried of course to follow the guide to report the problem but the process of reporting is too long (I did it but I think a lot of people don't). So for me problem should be reported automatically if possible in the client (e.g: your experiencing  a wheel of death, would you allow us to collect data and send them to rf4 support ? yes/no ).

To conclude, the game has some great mechanics that got me hooked to the game :) I think the challenge for rf4game should be to be more robust technically speaking (no more wheel of death bugs) and to give high level players some doable challenges. Thank you for allowing us to express our opinion, see you in game !

• Like 3

wait for the fisher online come out soon. and leave RF4. the devs just dont care.

This has been discussed for more then a year now. the game has no fish fish and they call it.. migration......please

Posted (edited)

I think it would be a lot more rewarding and intuitive if the 'migration' were 100% replaced with seasonal/weather/temperature + time of day based activity. I.e. Some fish go to the deeper holes in hotter and sunny weather, as would be expected; wind direction affects where grazing fish and therefore also predators go etc. etc.

This would make it a lot more knowledge and skill based over RNG + (I read and copied what that guy on the forum did), and would therefor make the fishing a lot more rewarding in an intuitive and sensible way.

Of course, until the game is fixed, none of this matters. I haven't touched it since the patch from three patches back broke the netcode.

Edited by Callaghan1
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Two part post here-- one to vent, and another to start of list of the evil crap the devs do in the game.

The person calling the shots for RF4 has his own ideas for how the game should be and his ideas are pretty sick (not in a good way). Sadistic one might say. Some of the things that make for a terrible gaming experience for players that have been around a while are caused by inept programming that causes complete nerfs, like migrations, noodle rods, connection issues, etc. Pathetic, made a million times worse by their failure to be honest with the players. Migration is the best one I can think of. When first implemented salmon were removed from the game- just gone. For about 6 weeks they were gone then they showed up but in greatly reduced numbers. Callaghan 1's idea is vastly better than when RF4 has done with migration.

The terrible implementation of a potentially good idea was made a million times worse by RF4's failure to admit their changes resulted in the fish disappearing. Now, a year or so later, the migrations work very differently- a spot is hot for a while then it goes dead and the fish turn up downstream, or on the other side of the lake. Cool- that's a challenge and a decent implementation compared to simply removing fish for a month or two or forever [Sura].

A year later and how many players left in anger and frustration because of the migration fiasco? Well done RF4... not. Sura- what a waste of a map. Pathetic. 

Here's the start of a list of things that are just plain bs in the game. Feel free to add on-- but don't expect them to be changed. The guy that runs the company will have a good laugh reading this thread- that's about what we can expect here. So, vent away :D

-harvesting, groundbait making, cooking fails- should never happen

-lose absurdly expensive lures to pike 

-you need to buy absurdly expensive hooks to put on absurdly expensive lures

-rod and reel prices... stupid 

-rod repairs- should never have to pay for a rod to be repaired

-cooking... next big thing will be sewing- sew your own underwear! Woohoo! Stupid... poorly implemented as well

-boat motor sound... ffs just fix that

-gold bait (the concept in itself is deeply flawed) being eaten by crap perch, roach, ruffe, etc. 

-live bait... spend a day catching live bait and lost 20-30% to fga, plus 20-30% to crap perch, be luck to get a few good fish using a very high level technique

-spend 5000 silver on a knife to harvest 3 baits that are totally mediocre. oh yeah and the knife fails. a 5000 silver knife fails. 

-UL... the entire concept needs a re-work. Low and medium level players can't afford it and players that can afford it don't need 400xp per fish. Stupid.... 

-groundbait bug... ffs just fix that already. yeah, small team beta blah blah blah. just fix it

-

Edited by Fishnatic
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fishnatic said:

So, vent away :D

-harvesting, groundbait making, cooking fails (should never happen)

-lose absurdly expensive lures to pike 

-need to buy absurdly expensive hooks to put on absurdly expensive lures

-high level rod and reel prices and repairs are stupid

-rod repairs (should never have to pay for a rod to be repaired)

-cooking... next big thing will be sewing- sew your own underwear! Woohoo! (stupid... poorly implemented as well)

-boat motor sound... ffs just fix that

-gold bait (the concept in itself is deeply flawed) being eaten by crap perch, roach, ruffe, etc. 

-live bait... spend a day catching live bait and lost 20-30% to fga, plus 20-30% to crap perch, be luck to get a few good fish using a very high level technique

-spend 5000 silver on a knife to harvest 3 baits that are totally mediocre. oh yeah and the knife fails. a 5000 silver knife fails. 

-UL... the entire concept needs a re-work. Low and medium level players can't afford it and players that can afford it don't need it

-groundbait bug... ffs just fix that already. yeah, small team beta blah blah blah. just fix it

-reel screeching bug... ffs just fix that already. yeah, small team beta blah blah blah. just fix it

-UL scenario changed so many lures purchased specifically and only for UL use can no longer be used. refunds due. (devs say hahahahahahahahaha)

-reel drag actually weakens as player energy goes down (requires absurd amount of coffee to keep energy up)

-expensive boat rentals for boats that don't have working anchors and THE BOATS ARE TOO LOUD

-

I really don't understand why there is not a slider to specifically adjust boat engine sounds, one has to consider adjusting the setting for all sounds in that category and that in itself poses a substantial problem regarding large fish and how much line it is stripping. 

I never knew that reel drag weakens with energy consumption of the player, that is far from realistic and seems to be a bug. Working as intended related to that as a reason for not fixing such silliness would be a tragic chip off the core enjoyment of RF4. I can also see there is still a style of militaristic moderation which tells me a great deal about the products decisions makers.. 

Where is the auction hall? A few years back trade was supposedly to have been implemented in a meaningful way, where a player could sell their lures or old equipment which would help with the sting of silver farming. I would assume that the setting of Russian Fishing 4 would cater for trading between players I mean, you can buy stuff from an NPC building. 

As for gold baits, I thought that was never going to be a thing with the reasoning that you can farm them naturally with the relevant skill level. 

Madness really, still, the game itself still brings a sense of exploration so I guess it has that right.

EDIT : What in the ungodly hell's are wrong with Caspian Brown Trout?! Caught a 16kg yesterday and my boat nearly set on fire from the friction of my reel.... 

By far the worst thing in RF4 for me is that almost all this big water bodies, lakes and rivers have only 3-4 active spots and if you move a bit, few steps you just dont catch anything. This is pure waste of whole fishing area. I hate point fishing, where you need to cast in exactly one place to make some good catch. There were few fishing games before that, same like RF4 was using only 5% of whole water bodies. I hope i get someday good fishing game, where i can walk everywhere and i have chance to catch anything everywhere not only in given places (and by that i mean that you have to be exaclty in given coords and cast in exactly given distance). Who is making that decisions? Its like that any new or old fishing game has to use a point fishing thing. Whats the point of making this big lakes nad rivers then while you use only 5% of it? Make a pond 10x10m if rest of fishing area is not needed.

Second worst thing is prices for all fishes, they are just joke. And by this you make rich players even more richer, poor players still stay poor. Cause rich player that have good equip gonna catch all those big fishes like sturgeon which pays really nice money so they catch, they earn nice money and they dont complain about new equips cause they can afford it easier. But in the same time low and mid-fisher catching day by day low price fishes and from time to time they catch a trophy worth a bit more. Is it hard to let some mid and low lvl fishers give more money? I remember first time i hit the "big wall" to buy new reel. It was like i need 22k silver and i was earning like 150-200 in most water bodies per hour, that was really big thing to pass on, cause you need to spend $%^#@^ of hours in game to buy 1 new reel. This or any game not supposed to be second shift work but fun and enjoyable for players. Most of devs think that most players have 10h+ or more to grind day by day, but they are wrong. Most people have families and busy life and they play like 2 max 3 hours in game. If you play max 2 hours daily and you make by this time like 200-300 silver then math is easy how many days you need to play to buy 22k silver reel  (+you need to repair a lot and buy food and other stuff to fish).

Aucion house supposed to be here allready and still no single words on it.

Boat sound, players asking for little boat sound slider cause its too loud and annoying and its like a year or more where i see peoples are asking for it and yet still no sound slider for boat in game. 

This game is great on mechanics but i have also put it on shelf waiting for better times. And i hope that this fishing game not gonna reach the point where in the past most fishing games reached and just dissapeared. 

P.S. There was like a week long problem with protocols and disconnects, do fishers gonna get some compensation for this? Especially ones with premium?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Yares said:

By far the worst thing in RF4 for me is that almost all this big water bodies, lakes and rivers have only 3-4 active spots and if you move a bit, few steps you just dont catch anything. This is pure waste of whole fishing area. I hate point fishing, where you need to cast in exactly one place to make some good catch. There were few fishing games before that, same like RF4 was using only 5% of whole water bodies. I hope i get someday good fishing game, where i can walk everywhere and i have chance to catch anything everywhere not only in given places (and by that i mean that you have to be exaclty in given coords and cast in exactly given distance). Who is making that decisions? Its like that any new or old fishing game has to use a point fishing thing. Whats the point of making this big lakes nad rivers then while you use only 5% of it? Make a pond 10x10m if rest of fishing area is not needed.

Second worst thing is prices for all fishes, they are just joke. And by this you make rich players even more richer, poor players still stay poor. Cause rich player that have good equip gonna catch all those big fishes like sturgeon which pays really nice money so they catch, they earn nice money and they dont complain about new equips cause they can afford it easier. But in the same time low and mid-fisher catching day by day low price fishes and from time to time they catch a trophy worth a bit more. Is it hard to let some mid and low lvl fishers give more money? I remember first time i hit the "big wall" to buy new reel. It was like i need 22k silver and i was earning like 150-200 in most water bodies per hour, that was really big thing to pass on, cause you need to spend $%^#@^ of hours in game to buy 1 new reel. This or any game not supposed to be second shift work but fun and enjoyable for players. Most of devs think that most players have 10h+ or more to grind day by day, but they are wrong. Most people have families and busy life and they play like 2 max 3 hours in game. If you play max 2 hours daily and you make by this time like 200-300 silver then math is easy how many days you need to play to buy 22k silver reel  (+you need to repair a lot and buy food and other stuff to fish).

Aucion house supposed to be here allready and still no single words on it.

Boat sound, players asking for little boat sound slider cause its too loud and annoying and its like a year or more where i see peoples are asking for it and yet still no sound slider for boat in game. 

This game is great on mechanics but i have also put it on shelf waiting for better times. And i hope that this fishing game not gonna reach the point where in the past most fishing games reached and just dissapeared. 

P.S. There was like a week long problem with protocols and disconnects, do fishers gonna get some compensation for this? Especially ones with premium?

That bold comment at the top- exactly! If the devs could pull that off it'd the best thing the game has ever seen. 

Posted (edited)

What is even more amusing is that, folks still continue to play. The truth is quite simple, it is obvious that things are not going to change and a year or so back those problems still existed. Two options, keep on playing or move on to other things. It was also said that RF4 was going to die if things didn't change and here it is, still plodding along. No I am not over the moon with how things are, but I still play on regardless, maybe because there is nothing else which compares.

I can see it now........ *Hands motion in a way that resembles a clairvoyant predicting the future.* ... In the year 2020- 2021 - 2022 - 2023 and beyond, players will still be hoping for change and will still be disappointed but strangely, they are still playing. 

I am not defending either, I just think it is a waste of time as it is falling on deaf ears.. 

Edited by Hookjaw Jim
  • Like 1

every time i log in i end up bored as hell after 20mins due to catching nothing and promptly logging out

which is sad because this used to be my fav game, but tbh i don't think ill bother with it anymore. 

Games are created for fun, sadly as much as i love the game, i can not remember the last time i had fun within it.

you guys need to add more information

1- add recommended hook sizes/leader types for each species, I'm level 35 and still have no idea what i'm suppose to use and due to the random results it makes it impossible to know.
2- add a fishing report? so sick of wasting my time for hours looking for a bite. At least tell me where the hot spots are or something wow

EG- it could be a simple 10silver purchase to ask a local fisherman his thoughts, and a reply from him could be " i hear some decent pike are up the river" but actually have the pike     up the river.....

3- repair costs-  sorry but there is no other way of expressing how bad these costs make the developers look. Money grabbing from people that have already paid good $$ to you is lame. 

4- sending items- let us send in bulk.. we already pay you $$ to be able to send, don't waste our time.

• Like 3