Azorees

RF4 Still losing Players and Streamers

Hey guys,

I have left this post open so you guys can express your opinions about things and also to make it clear that we are not 'killing posts we don't like'.

However, keep the posts free of foul language or I will have to lock the thread. I am confident that you guys can be civil.

Thanks

Kache

On 8/4/2019 at 7:33 AM, Kache said:

Hey guys,

I have left this post open so you guys can express your opinions about things and also to make it clear that we are not 'killing posts we don't like'.

However, keep the posts free of foul language or I will have to lock the thread. I am confident that you guys can be civil.

Thanks

Kache

Each time the word 'opinion' is used, you are not only stirring the already boiling pot but you come across as being condescending which in all intents and purposes does not provide a positive look. As a user of multiple forums - chat rooms and blogs, pretty much all things internet related, I would suggest with the highest amount of respect that you change the use of the words used to address users without inadvertently adding additional cause for someone to retaliate in a negative attitude. 

The word 'opinion' can actually be a trigger to many debates and even flaming arguments because it directly taps into the part of the brain where you are perceived to be judging someone by their beliefs, which, they may or may not have a somewhat relevant amount of correct data to actually enhance their view giving credibility and followers which thus, could stoke the flames of the debate to undesirable or desirable outcomes. Where staff are concerned, neither are a benefit especially when said data can be used externally and uncontrolled. 

A more respectful approach would be to stay away from provocative words like 'opinion', the goal in any debate is not to end up banning or punishing a user unless absolutely necessary, this is a counter-productive method which can hurt reputation leading to a loss in a revenue, the goal is to reassure all parties that there is a middle-ground and a resolution that benefits everyone involved.

In the context of this thread, the word opinion should not be used as there is contradicting information throughout the game for example "Use bigger hooks to catch bigger fish" - this should be reworded "Use bigger hooks to potentially catch bigger fish", realism used as a selling point when cutting a 10kg catfish results in no fish pieces, these examples are two of many. As you can see, these are opinions but actual facts, thus again, with all respects due,  caution should be maintained when using words like 'opinion'.  

Please do not see this post as an attack towards you Kache, just some friendly advice.

21 minutes ago, Hookjaw Jim said:

In the context of this thread, the word opinion should not be used as there is contradicting information throughout the game for example "Use bigger hooks to catch bigger fish" - this should be reworded "Use bigger hooks to potentially catch bigger fish", realism used as a selling point when cutting a 10kg catfish results in no fish pieces, these examples are two of many. As you can see, these are **not** opinions but actual facts, thus again, with all respects due,  caution should be maintained when using words like 'opinion'.  

QUOTED : Since the edit function is limited beyond any real usability.... for some strange reason...

Don't really understand why with the loose of so much players communities still keep to isolate themselves .

As example :

polish rf4 competions don't reward steam's players ...

german rf4 forums put fishing spots topics in private ….

every community has there own RF4 tournaments but Don't share the competition Schedule (except the English Community we even wait for them sometimes when they have a their tournament just before … ).

All this is just killing the game by building smaller and smaller communities ...

Once the huge problems caused by recent patches are fixed will we see the devs change their attitude re. making it so difficult to progress/have fun? That's the big question. An easing up on how hard it is to make silver- that's going to make playing this game fun again and get players to spend money.

Almost every single player I'm in chat with has premium. Most of them buy gold bait. If RF4 isn't making enough money at this point they seriously need to rethink their business model because if they continue on the path their on now [harder to catch fish, fish pay less and less, etc.] eventually players will stop buying gold and premium and move on to other games. 

1 hour ago, Fishnatic said:

Once the huge problems caused by recent patches are fixed will we see the devs change their attitude re. making it so difficult to progress/have fun? That's the big question. An easing up on how hard it is to make silver- that's going to make playing this game fun again and get players to spend money.

Almost every single player I'm in chat with has premium. Most of them buy gold bait. If RF4 isn't making enough money at this point they seriously need to rethink their business model because if they continue on the path their on now [harder to catch fish, fish pay less and less, etc.] eventually players will stop buying gold and premium and move on to other games. 

i still have about a month premium left but i still don't bother playing

Tried again yesterday for about 40 mins for 1 bream, caught on potato.

Posted (edited)

They want the game to be challenging- that's a great concept and it is challenging but the devs take it way too far in a lot of cases. Noobs shouldn't have to struggle so much, intermediate players shouldn't have to grind so hard and high level players shouldn't have to put up with so much bs (harvest fails, 20g ruffe eating gold bait, 6 rl hour fights, etc etc etc etc) . Even now after a server restart/major fish migration fish can be caught if you check VK or search em out or just hang out with people on Twitch that know what they're doing. Fishing isn't good right now by any means but it's not fun either.

Edited by Fishnatic
typo

i wasn't

i was fishing at bear lake because the first 30mins at kouri produces 0 bites

4 hours ago, Fishnatic said:

ps- why on earth would you intentionally fish for bream 😁

They want the game to be challenging- that's a great concept and it is challenging but the devs take it way too far in a lot of cases. Noobs shouldn't have to struggle so much, intermediate players shouldn't have to grind so hard and high level players shouldn't have to put up with so much bs (harvest fails, 20g ruffe eating gold bait, 6 rl hour fights, etc etc etc etc) . Even now after a server restart/major fish migration fish can be caught if you check VK or search em out or just hang out with people on Twitch that know what they're doing. Fishing isn't good right now by any means but it's not fun either.

fish are different for every account so watching a streamer is no help 

also there is no information in game, i mean hell,. im lvl 35 played for years and still have no idea what lines/lures/hooks/tracers im suppose to be using

I was just poking fun at the devs for removing one of fun things to do in the game- bream fish. Bream are pretty much worthless now. Gone the way of so many fun types of fishing which they removed to "balance" the game. Eastern bream will be "balanced" soon, no doubt :(

I was just poking fun at the devs for removing one of fun things to do in the game- bream fish. Bream are pretty much worthless now. Gone the way of so many fun types of fishing which they removed to "balance" the game. Eastern bream will be "balanced" soon, no doubt :(

Players abused the system, they sat on interfluve for weeks and months relentlessly farming bream so of course it got nerfed just like any game developer would. Personally I can't stand to fish the same fish and same spot for extended amounts of time but many players will, hence why hotspots don't last long anymore and the dreaded 1 hour cutoff has been implemented.

Fair enough- good point, but if the gear and repair costs weren't so brutal players might be/might have been more inclined to try other fish at other spots. With so few ways to make good silver the players gravitate to where they can earn decent silver, especially casual players. Also, the devs would have greatly benefited by moving the fish around, aka migrating, without flat out removing them like they did. Instead they went for the heavy handed approach of removing the fish and telling the players to look harder for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fishnatic said:

Fair enough- good point, but if the gear and repair costs weren't so brutal players might be/might have been more inclined to try other fish at other spots. With so few ways to make good silver the players gravitate to where they can earn decent silver, especially casual players. Also, the devs would have greatly benefited by moving the fish around, aka migrating, without flat out removing them like they did. Instead they went for the heavy handed approach of removing the fish and telling the players to look harder for them. 

Yeah I agree on migrating the fish, but who knows what their reasons are when they don't communicate.

But on the silver front its more of a case of many players not understanding the  basic economics of this game than a making silver problem.   Too many players repair reels when they really dont need repaired.  Too many players give away or neglect old gear like sabres and lacertis.  Too many players use braided line when its not necessary.   

6 hours ago, Jvan said:

Yeah I agree on migrating the fish, but who knows what their reasons are when they don't communicate.

But on the silver front its more of a case of many players not understanding the  basic economics of this game than a making silver problem.   Too many players repair reels when they really dont need repaired.  Too many players give away or neglect old gear like sabres and lacertis.  Too many players use braided line when its not necessary.   

which brings me to my previous statement - They do not give any information about items. 

It is weird that the devs seem to think it is a good idea to keep everything so secretive about what items do what.

I can't even work out what leader i should use and ive being playing for years

if you read the forums regularly on here and steam as well as talking to players in game you pick up things quite quickly.  There is no rule on leaders but more careful species like lighter leaders, however it puts you at risk from stronger fish.  Its a gamble you take.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:43 AM, bigfishlittlefish said:

if you read the forums regularly on here and steam as well as talking to players in game you pick up things quite quickly.  There is no rule on leaders but more careful species like lighter leaders, however it puts you at risk from stronger fish.  Its a gamble you take.

makes no difference at all.

I just fished for 30mins at bear lake, used a 2kg leader with potato and caught nothing, where as on the 30kg steel i caught a 1kg common

besides that i caught nothing so logged off bored

On 8/8/2019 at 1:06 AM, Jvan said:

This applies to a certain degree but the overall idea that players do not understand basic economics is a vague defence of mechanics currently implemented. Selling fish alone, paired with cafe orders is currently the only in-game way to accumulate silver which to be honest, is quite disconcerting and has been for for a long time. It was mentioned a long time ago that there would be a trading system where players could sell items for silver (auction house) and obviously this has not materialised yet or perhaps it never will. IF this is the case, then selling harvested baits, crafted ground-baits, lures and/or food should be a marketable commodity, sold to NPC's and added to their inventory which other players can purchase but is controlled by supply, demand, tax and player restrictions. If this is something that does not appeal, then at least previous items to be sold at a 50% to 75% reduction in price. Old items could also be salvaged and parts sold as excess to stores which applies a sense of realism which RF4 prides itself upon, a new skill could be introduced to cater for this.

But I doubt this will happen and more streamers will lose their sponsored status and really, why? There is so much that could be done to better improve the experience, increase incentives with premium would be a major plus point, reducing the cost of gold would help also, provide a way to sell excess of something or items and allow trade between players without the ridiculous "YOU MUST BE PREMIUM TO TRADE ITEMS" stupidity PLUS add tradable silver...... I mean why not? What absolute nonsense is that? 

And yes, I am wasting my time.... 

It certainly looks like you're wasting your time. Just about every single thing the devs do is towards lowering our rewards and making the grind longer and more frustrating. Even now, with the disconnects ruining the game for so many players the devs dramatically lowered the bite rate. That just seems crazy. Kicking us when we're down, so to speak.

Regarding catching fish-- at Bear the pattern is to consistently do well for the first half hour or so then nothing for as long as I can stand the boredom. Belaya is decent, the pond at Ahktuba is ( heard one person say they did well for Sturgeon down at 122:57), Bear is quite good for a few minutes, Kouri has had some good fishing, Ladoga has been ok too. I guess they just want us to spend our silver map hopping every half hour. 

I see so much frustration in chats nowadays- the chat is mostly just hostility and this is from loyal players that love the game, or used to.  

• Like 1

Not sure how well you can see the times but for the first hour of this session I got 10 fish. Nothing big but at least I was catching fish and having fun. Then nothing for about a half hour then one tiny fish. And nothing since that one ten minutes ago. 

33 minutes ago, Fishnatic said:

Not sure how well you can see the times but for the first hour of this session I got 10 fish. Nothing big but at least I was catching fish and having fun. Then nothing for about a half hour then one tiny fish. And nothing since that one ten minutes ago. 

I purchased Premium for a month.. a month ago, used a few weeks of it then died of boredom. Considering how long the sim has been released it just seems things have gone from bad to worse. Okay, to probably answer your picture with a reason is simply that the weather was bad, your hooks were the wrong colour made from the wrong material, your line was one shade of green or blue or whatever, the wrong colour. Continuing on, the sun was half a degree too hot, the wind was blowing from the south to a north-easterly direction which blew the fish to winding rivulet and, the clouds were the wrong shade of grey while the birds were whistling a tune in the wrong key. Your rod was 0.1lbs less sensitive than it should be, your reel made the wrong clicking sound when retrieving, your bait was the wrong flavour AND it was to big for the hook which was attached to the wrong leader type. You fished in the wrong location while the reeds were moving violently enough that it made the fish migrate to Jupiter. Killer frogs moved into the swim which were preyed upon by bigger pike who got destroyed by an army of perch which still reside in the swim, in fact this applies to every single swim in existence, those perch are bad, bad enough to set up their own syndicate of swim-destroying badasses..Talking of which, 40g perch caught on anchors, dedicated is not a strong enough description for these little horrors.. 

Back to playing tiddly winks me thinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So what could be done to retain players imo?

There already is a bonus to lower level players for catching fish and they dont seem to be affected by the 30 minute - 1 hour timer that cuts the bite rate down to nothing.  They seem to have fun and many times out catch me in places like belaya and kouri.   Somewhere around level 30 is where that stops, not sure exactly but we've all experienced it and then the real grind sets in and many players stop having fun so they quit.

Outside the bug fixes and DCs  here's what I think should happen:

1. More active fishing spots on maps,  e.g. ladoga I go there and its always dead except for 1 spot sometimes 2.   Tuba is a different story, you can usually find many spots with many different fish to catch but its a challenge to find due to map size, having to rent a boat and the time it takes to find the right spot.  Then you find that sweet fishing hole and you get 1 hour and the bite rate falls off the cliff.  Infuriating.

2.  Adjust the bite rate cut off period to where you can at least fish a spot for 2 or 3 hours before it slows down.  30 minutes or 1 hour is ridiculously annoying,  and I hate having to change locations and often entire tackle setups so quickly. 

That's really it, if those changes were implemented it would bring back some players who quit,   and restore some of the addictive fun this game used to have, while making the silver grind more tolerable. 

/wasting my time

• Like 2