Gropiz

110% bottom

In terms of getting nice fishes, is there a difference between haveing 100 and 110% in bottom fishing?

Question 2

Haveing 100% bottom and a rod that gives +2 to a skill, is that rod better than a rod that gives 10% to bottom if u already have 100% in bottom?

Hello Gropiz,

First question: Yes.  Second question: The 10% is a superior boost.

Regards,
Crucian

• Like 1

What exactly will mean extra 10% to 100% skill? It will not unlock any ability, so better chance to get a bite? Or better chance to get a trophy?

I can understand the points in rigs, that will bring me extra chance to get a trophy.

I‘m also confused. What's the exact difference between 100% and 110% bottom fishing?  Since the rod skill bonus is for improving fish control and cast distance,does that mean the extra 10% bottom fishing works the same way?

The % increases fishing with that tree in general.  It slightly affects bite rate, and also quality of fish.

This that skill % was better than technique points regarding the chance of getting a trophy was brought up to me last week and I'm strongly doubtful.

How would that make sense? One is unlocking techniques in the skill tree and the other states things like "the bigger the catch" and "the greater the chance of getting a trophy", yet the former gives the better boost? Where's the logic in that?

But ok let's say that the 10% gives a slight general increase to everything and thus brings more total value than +2 for a specific rig.

Is it still more beneficial for me to use Royal over Bunessan when hunting trophy with loop rig?

And if so does this mean that the Royal in practice gives more than +2 to every rig?

Something is rotten in the state of hidden soft stats. 😆  

5 hours ago, AlternativeEgo said:

This that skill % was better than technique points regarding the chance of getting a trophy was brought up to me last week and I'm strongly doubtful.

How would that make sense? One is unlocking techniques in the skill tree and the other states things like "the bigger the catch" and "the greater the chance of getting a trophy", yet the former gives the better boost? Where's the logic in that?

But ok let's say that the 10% gives a slight general increase to everything and thus brings more total value than +2 for a specific rig.

Is it still more beneficial for me to use Royal over Bunessan when hunting trophy with loop rig?

And if so does this mean that the Royal in practice gives more than +2 to every rig?

Something is rotten in the state of hidden soft stats. 😆  

This question has been answered many times. +x% to a skill tree is better than +x to a specific skill. All of the bonuses gained are small, so a +2 bonus to specific rig is small and limited to just that rig and ONLY for size. +x% to the skill tree effects all rigs and has effects on bite rate and size but is also small. Let's say a low level player has invested points in basic bottom fishing, and a high level player has done the same - the high level player still consistently will come out on top even using the same gear because the overall skill in the tree is generally higher. This is why we limit some competitions to levels in a certain range - to mitigate that factor and make the competition a bit more fair. Still being in the right place, at the right time, in the right conditions, with the correct gear and bait is a much stronger factor in catching fish than any of the above. Knowledge is your biggest weapon in this game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Elwoodiath2 said:

This question has been answered many times. +x% to a skill tree is better than +x to a specific skill. All of the bonuses gained are small, so a +2 bonus to specific rig is small and limited to just that rig and ONLY for size. +x% to the skill tree effects all rigs and has effects on bite rate and size but is also small. Let's say a low level player has invested points in basic bottom fishing, and a high level player has done the same - the high level player still consistently will come out on top even using the same gear because the overall skill in the tree is generally higher. This is why we limit some competitions to levels in a certain range - to mitigate that factor and make the competition a bit more fair. Still being in the right place, at the right time, in the right conditions, with the correct gear and bait is a much stronger factor in catching fish than any of the above. Knowledge is your biggest weapon in this game.

Thanks. A bit broad and not as specific as I hoped for, but I do get the notion (even though you hold % higher) that I can go on with the assumption that the +2 will be better for me when using those rigs affected by that than a general 10% would then. I'm not all that interested in comparing my 100% fishing results to someone else's 60%. All I wish to know is if my 110% would have better odds at scoring a trophy over my 100% +2. I'm spending quite a lot of time on this and it would be a shame if I wasn't being optimal while doing so.

Maybe I should do Royal vs Bunessan first to three Donets Ruffe trophies to settle it. I'll come back in 2046 with the results.

Just now, AlternativeEgo said:

Thanks. A bit broad and not as specific as I hoped for, but I do get the notion (even though you hold % higher) that I can go on with the assumption that the +2 will be better for me when using those rigs affected by that than a general 10% would then. I'm not all that interested in comparing my 100% fishing results to someone else's 60%. All I wish to know is if my 110% would have better odds at scoring a trophy over my 100% +2. I'm spending quite a lot of time on this and it would be a shame if I wasn't being optimal while doing so.

Maybe I should do Royal vs Bunessan first to three Donets Ruffe trophies to settle it. I'll come back in 2046 with the results.

Ok you are not reading what I said - the relevant part here is: "+x% to a skill tree is better than +x to a specific skill." You read into it what you want to believe. You get a better effect for +x% to a skill tree than +x to a specific skill because as I stated, +x% to the skill tree effects bite rate AND size. Now all bonuses have small effects so don't expect instant trophies, but +x% to the skill tree is better. There is a reason people use Royals over Bunnessans once they can afford them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Elwood for that answer!

So what this means is  + x rig is ONLY size but % is size AND bite rate.

does this apply to the vex rods as well? is the ultima with its +10% a better jigging rod than the vex with +3? I don't mind a slower bite rate for larger fish/more trophies.

4 minutes ago, razor996 said:

does this apply to the vex rods as well? is the ultima with its +10% a better jigging rod than the vex with +3? I don't mind a slower bite rate for larger fish/more trophies.

im pretty sure the answer is yes 

1 minute ago, ScaNN said:

Thanks Elwood for that answer!

So what this means is  + x rig is ONLY size but % is size AND bite rate.

Well, according to the in-game content, + X rig only increases fish size or trophy rate; However, + % skill tree affects a little bit of both. You may check your skill tree for further information of all rigs.

3 minutes ago, ScaNN said:

im pretty sure the answer is yes 

Better than 3 now as well? Man I hope it's a no. Otherwise I have spent good silver on specialized rods when I could have just done it all with one. I mean it does make that certain part of the game less interesting if so. I'm trying to cope with 10% general being better than the precious points that I have held as my lord and saviour RNG-sus. I have not seen any actual numbers presented though so I'm still holding out. 🙏

20 minutes ago, AlternativeEgo said:

Better than 3 now as well? Man I hope it's a no. Otherwise I have spent good silver on specialized rods when I could have just done it all with one. I mean it does make that certain part of the game less interesting if so. I'm trying to cope with 10% general being better than the precious points that I have held as my lord and saviour RNG-sus. I have not seen any actual numbers presented though so I'm still holding out. 🙏

You will not get actual numbers. You have received an answer.

it does make the game feel less interesting. no need for specialty equipment. just 1-2 ultima rods for all spin fishing.

7 minutes ago, razor996 said:

it does make the game feel less interesting. no need for specialty equipment. just 1-2 ultima rods for all spin fishing.

Now this is getting offtopic, but there is much more to the rod than bonuses. Some rods are better at handling different presentations or are more cost effective depending on stats and repair cost. Same with reels. Most anglers worried about silver expenditure will not use vengas for carps, there are more cost effective reels for bringing in carps.