glasi

Float skill tree

I recently started to dig more into float fishing and looking at the skill tree, I noticed that different abilities have different bonuses and metrics.

For example, putting skillpoints in "Using a rig with a fixed line" gives you +5% in Fixed-line fishing technique per point.

Putting skillpoints in "Using a Bolognese rig" increases your chance to catch a trophy. (just like the Bottom and Spinning trees)

Putting skillpoints in "Using a slider rig" increases your chance to catch bigger fish ("The higher the technique, the bigger the catch").

My question is how do these relate? All things equal, would I catch bigger fish with 3 points in slider rig, or with 15% more in Fixed line?

Also, a more general question: Does "The higher the technique, the bigger the chance of catching a trophy" that is on some rigs/abilities/lures refers strictly to the chance of catching trophies, or does it mean we have a chance of catching bigger fish overall (not necessarily trophies)?

8 minutes ago, glasi said:

I recently started to dig more into float fishing and looking at the skill tree, I noticed that different abilities have different bonuses and metrics.

For example, putting skillpoints in "Using a rig with a fixed line" gives you +5% in Fixed-line fishing technique per point.

Putting skillpoints in "Using a Bolognese rig" increases your chance to catch a trophy. (just like the Bottom and Spinning trees)

Putting skillpoints in "Using a slider rig" increases your chance to catch bigger fish ("The higher the technique, the bigger the catch").

My question is how do these relate? All things equal, would I catch bigger fish with 3 points in slider rig, or with 15% more in Fixed line?

Also, a more general question: Does "The higher the technique, the bigger the chance of catching a trophy" that is on some rigs/abilities/lures refers strictly to the chance of catching trophies, or does it mean we have a chance of catching bigger fish overall (not necessarily trophies)?

Hello glasi,

All conditions being equal, meaning the rig is being used in the best possible situation, they all mean that you have a chance of catching bigger fish, not necessarily trophies.  Basically the best possible situation for slider, versus the best possible situation for fixed, they would have the same boost.  The general meaning is by increasing your chance of catching bigger fish, you also increase your chance of catching trophies.  I hope this clears it up a little bit.

Regards,
Crucian

• Like 3

Hi Crucian.

This helps a lot. The phrasing regarding trophies is a bit ambiguous, I was convinced most abilities affected strictly catching trophies and didn't bother putting points in them until I looked at the float tree and decided to ask. Thanks for the quick reply!

--Glasi

• Like 1