Sign in to follow this  
BayouBeaux

GENERAL QUESTION

i recently hit lvl 20 i been saving up for good reel for kuori lake Im extremely happy with the choice i made after speaking to pizza4everyone. However the xp and cash on this lake isnt what i hoped for at all. Of the lakes available to me ive spent alot of time on all the lower water bodies. ive not tried the lvl 20 lake YET. bUT so far it feels like beyla lake is by far the best Xp and cash lake i have open to me atm? DOes any1 have anything to help direct me or tell me im wrong? I know u can go to mosquito lake  and fill orders and catch a lot of fish but the xp from that area is trash. Anything is helpful as Beyla lake is hard to keep track of lure color and retreive spds i know in real life fishing things change alot so im not gripping about this im only asking is there a type of fish or area of fishing where decent xp/cash is open to me? Thanks in advance 

Beaux

Sorry to troll in your topic but I am really interested in the answer as well.

Just to mention I am lvl 16 and have similar experience to yours ( "just 1 step behind you" getting familiar with Old Burg) but want to improve in Belaya as I have no luck there at all compare with the other waterbodies. 

So question in regards with belaya.

How I can increase the casting distance with a spinning rod?

Is it mostly depends on the reel or reel + rod? 

@BayouBeaux have you read any of the staff guides about Kuori lake?  Of course fish locations and lure preferences are not always going to be the same, but we spent a lot of time collecting information and testing lures and methods there, and there is quite a bit of information in them.  Especially in the Sevan trout guide by Elwoodiath there is a graph showing the locations where fish were concentrated that could help you plot out trolling paths.  Trolling on Kuori can be excellent for both silver and experience in the right conditions.

@Rockwell6 casting distance depends a bit on both the rod and the reel.  You will want to make sure that you are matching the test of your rod to the lure weight.  Also, read the descriptions for the reels, they can be quite helpful.  Some reels are designed specifically for distance casting.  If you are having trouble getting bites at Belaya, try decreasing your leader size and using thinner line so you can fit more on your spool.  The fights will be harder and longer, but the fish should also be more plentiful and your bite rate should increase.

• Like 1

I personaly like Kuori lake alot. Im lvl 24. Trolling with spinnerbaits alot you can make good cash. But you need a good reel 14kg with a 15kg spinning rod to start with. I have one 16kg heavy in use with a 14kg reel and 1 16.7kg medium with a 10kg reel that works fine with fish up to 12kg. Fluerocarbon leaders requiet. Lightgreen sizeman or hornets bronze works great for me. Akilas purple  and red sometimes aswell. One big hint is on calm weater 0.0ms fish is HOT. over 0.9ms it depend on weather and time alot. But becarefull with big baits. If ou use small spinners and med hooks or up to large 1 you shouldt be fine. Somedays i make with both trolling 300 silver in 2 hours but kuori has 40kg fish and can be very expensive if you not carefull. I prefer kuori over belaya because biterate is higher in my taste. I dont know about Belaya i tried a few times all possible setups but cant catch asmuch as i can catch in kuori in the same time.

Edited by OwiHH

8 hours ago, Crucian said:

@BayouBeaux have you read any of the staff guides about Kuori lake?  Of course fish locations and lure preferences are not always going to be the same, but we spent a lot of time collecting information and testing lures and methods there, and there is quite a bit of information in them.  Especially in the Sevan trout guide by Elwoodiath there is a graph showing the locations where fish were concentrated that could help you plot out trolling paths.  Trolling on Kuori can be excellent for both silver and experience in the right conditions.

There is a extremely good chance that im going at it wrong i have 1 rod thats set up for there I been watching videos and such trying to get good idea but idk This post was more or less asking what others might been doing to give me a different perspective as im certain im doing something wrong.