Ahoj you have no mistake in gold. I mean the prices. Your play is amazing. I hope somebody gets your mind there and withdraws the prizes. I'd like to buy Goldy. Premiak would be useful but not at these prices. I'll pay the rent for these prices and I have more to do. Thank you and hope for an early answer.

Hi @Callaghan1, probably this weekend. The idea is that as many players as possible can use it. We will write an announcement on all official RF4 channels.

KR,

Joe

Hello. I have a few questions about the game:

• What is the plans for boat tickets when they run out? Now we have to quit the game and login again if we are stuck on an island.
  • Is there any plans to adjust more in-game sounds, especially the boat engine sound?
  • Ability to use 3rd person a thing you are looking at?
  • Any plans to tweak the lightning a bit? After latest Unity update I have to adjust Contrast / Brightness regards to day and night.
  • Will you implement a better GPS where we can store fishing spots with information etc?

Posts this morning give us hope that the game is moving in the right direction. That is outstanding- I was happy to read that-- everyone looks forward to seeing the game improve and grow 🙂 But a broad area of concern that seems to be ignored is the miserly aspects of the game that serve only to frustrate. Things like "migrations" where the fish simply stop biting for extended periods of time, for instance. 

The game creators have their vision of what the game should be and part of that is being true to how things were in the old days but a compromise is needed as far as making the game true to that vision and true to real life fishing. IRL spending a day on the river is reward enough- catching fish is great but we get skunked occasionally and it's ok because we're on the water and not slaving away at work. In a computer game it's not really ok to go hours without catching a decent fish. Or not be able to use hundreds of silver worth of lures for your UL setup because the devs changed the specs. Etc.

• Will the fun-diminishing parts of the game be removed at least reduced?
Edited by Fishnatic
typo

Hey @Rudolf Nansen,

concerning the tickets, what I usually do is buy a couple of one-day-tickets and keep them as backup for emergencies. They won't run out until activated.

The other questions I can not answer because they are about future content and our philosophy on that is to talk about content when it is ready.

One thing I can tell you though is that all of these questions make sense and we are thinking about them as well 😉

kr,
Joe

• Like 1

Hi @Fishnatic, RF4 will never become a casual game, that is not our style and there are plenty of games out there that provide a more action-oriented approach to fishing. Still we are constantly thinking about balancing certain aspects of the game and migration is certainly one of them. We already rebalanced some water bodies like Belaja and it is not impossible that other places will recieve a similar treatment.

kr,

Joe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe316-RF4 said:

Hi @Fishnatic, RF4 will never become a casual game, that is not our style and there are plenty of games out there that provide a more action-oriented approach to fishing. Still we are constantly thinking about balancing certain aspects of the game and migration is certainly one of them. We already rebalanced some water bodies like Belaja and it is not impossible that other places will recieve a similar treatment.

kr,

Joe

Thanks Joe- I appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing the game improve. I think maybe you misunderstood a little bit- I don't want a casual fishing game. Just a little easing back on the harsher aspects of the game. Without the challenge the game wouldn't be fun so don't change that! But do change the migrations- those are heavy handed and need some careful adjusting. I realize it's asking a lot-- but fish moving to different parts of the map and changing taste preference should present enough of a challenge to keep it interesting. 

There are other things- like failing a harvest with a knife that costs 5000 silver with crayfish that you're lucky to get 5 in an hour, or having 30+% of your hard earned bait fish gone to fish-got-away without the rod moving, or the other stuff that's been mentioned in the forum. No shortage of suggestions 🙂

Good morning @Fishnatic,

no, I got you 😉 It is very tricky for us to ajust the balancing because we have players with very different time investment and experience levels. Some players farm up to 8000 silver a day while others might have an hour to fish after work. We need to try and strike a balance between those extremes.

But migration in general is something we are looking at. It should not feel like an off-switch.

• Like 1

migration is a gr8 idea but without ingame calendar and seasons is pointles..  make it easier to track and we l be fine.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Hello team,

I would have a few questions, seeing as your competition will grow very soonL

1) Is there a roadmap with the future content that will be implemented, and can we have access to it;

2) Will the P2W elements be removed and replaced with a subscription-like model (or other models);;

3) Active spots: currently it appears that only a small number of spots are active at one time. Are there any plans to extend the number of active spots?

4) Are there plans to adjust the way skills work in this game (requiring 100% to have all fishing methods active): e.g. By 50% you unlock all methods, everything that is over 50% will develop previous learned skills (or something else).

Thank you very much,

Pen

• Like 1

Good morning @penicillyn,

thx for your questions. First of all, we like the fact that there are more fishing games being created right now. We know that RF4 isn't for everyone with it's heavy emphasis on simulation. More choice is always good.
Regarding your questions:

1) There won't be a roadmap. Even bigger developers struggle with this sort of thing and we certainly learned, that things may take longer than expected. Our philosophy is to talk about content when it is ready or close to being finished.

2)We don't see our model as P2W. There are many players who reached late-game without spending money. We like this free-to-play approach ad we will stick with it.

3)It is not so much an issue of spots not being active, but of spots not being found. We will try to provide a better infrastucture for players to share spots in the future.

4)There will probably be some changes to the skill system in the future as more content is added. Whether those changes will be as drastic I am not able to tell you atm.

regards and nice Weekend,

Joe

Hey joe i have a question about bear lake, or "bare lake" 

Why has this water been nerfed so hard for players using feeder/carp setups? 

This is supposed to be the top carp lake in the game but the only players who have good sessions there are using "Match" rods with "sandwich baits"

If this "SIM" is indeed a sim, then the idea of going to bear with 3 carp rods, using groundbait & PVA should yield a whole lot more fish than a rod designed to catch roach & small bream , but this is not the case anymore.

If i had to level up now instead of 2 years ago & i got to bear lake the way it is now, i'd most probably quit, getting 1 fish using 3 carp rods in 45 minutes is not acceptable, especially when all guys in your chat are hauling in 10-30kg's every few mins using float rods/sandwich in the same chat.

This really needs to be fixed please!

Rant over lol.

On 9/12/2019 at 5:56 AM, Flash754 said:

Hey joe i have a question about bear lake, or "bare lake" 

Why has this water been nerfed so hard for players using feeder/carp setups? 

This is supposed to be the top carp lake in the game but the only players who have good sessions there are using "Match" rods with "sandwich baits"

If this "SIM" is indeed a sim, then the idea of going to bear with 3 carp rods, using groundbait & PVA should yield a whole lot more fish than a rod designed to catch roach & small bream , but this is not the case anymore.

If i had to level up now instead of 2 years ago & i got to bear lake the way it is now, i'd most probably quit, getting 1 fish using 3 carp rods in 45 minutes is not acceptable, especially when all guys in your chat are hauling in 10-30kg's every few mins using float rods/sandwich in the same chat.

This really needs to be fixed please!

Rant over lol.

I used to afk fish in bear when watching movies and series. Took a break from game, about six months and bearlake is dead. Nothing in feeders. Didnt find fish at all. I used to love UL fishing. Where is the fish ? Game that is focused on fishing but you cant catch anything ? 😄 Wtf happened to this game ? I dont uninstall yet but its close tbh. Too frustrating.

I have two questions for moderators and administrators

The first question is why the rig method which is the best way to fish carps in real life dead in this game?, and this game should be a realistic simulation.

And the other question is why a sandwich bait cannot be mounted on other rigs which is also possible in real life?

7 hours ago, ChikaKure said:

I have two questions for moderators and administrators

The first question is why the rig method which is the best way to fish carps in real life dead in this game?, and this game should be a realistic simulation.

And the other question is why a sandwich bait cannot be mounted on other rigs which is also possible in real life?

Hi 

Thanks for these questions. Method rig is very good for catching carp but choosing the best method depends on the specific water body, specific spot, fish species and more. The method is good for water bodies with standing water  - lakes, ponds, etc. I do understand that it might not very popular among the players right now and might not be effective as other methods. We will defiantly look into that, but please also remember that the most popular method is not always the best. Also please remember that game is not finished yet, not all methods are fully balanced yet or even implemented, please be patient and in the future, there will be more of new features and updates to the game.

Regards

Levo

The method rig suggestion brings up another point that should be looked at: the skill tree. Even at a high level I don't have points to spare for filling up the method rig skill. There are a few that you should consider lumping together-- like method and loop, carolina and texas, and spoons and spinners, match and waggler too. 

Along similar lines (hah) some of the skills are presented too late. UL and sbirolino come to mind. Both coming a bit earlier seems more appropriate.