Levo

Levo's Guide: Setup Suggestions

2 hours ago, Fender said:

@Levo Are you going to do a gear guide update?

Hi Fender

I will within a few weeks :)

Regards

Levo

• Like 1

So you spin with S88H (24.5kg) and Proton Pro 6000 (9.5kg) and Simmons 34LB (15.6kg). Why 15.6kg line on 9.5kg reel? Is it safe?

13 minutes ago, SirCatchAlot said:

So you spin with S88H (24.5kg) and Proton Pro 6000 (9.5kg) and Simmons 34LB (15.6kg). Why 15.6kg line on 9.5kg reel? Is it safe?

Hello, SirCatchAlot,
It's safe, yes, max drag isn't the same as max load it can handle, with 3,5+ star reels I suggest using line 1.5x stronger than your max drag, that way you will be able to use 100% of the strenght of your reel. Remember that you always can use a leader to be your weakest link on the setup, in that case he's using 15kg leader to snap before the line, preventing lose line lenght.
Regards,
Pindo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pindobinha said:

Hello, SirCatchAlot,
It's safe, yes, max drag isn't the same as max load it can handle, with 3,5+ star reels I suggest using line 1.5x stronger than your max drag, that way you will be able to use 100% of the strenght of your reel. Remember that you always can use a leader to be your weakest link on the setup, in that case he's using 15kg leader to snap before the line, preventing lose line lenght.
Regards,
Pindo.

Thank you for explanation.