Levo's Guide: Setup Suggestions

• 6 months later...

I have a question too.

I am using braided line 21kg for my spinning rod(13.1kg) and Alfa Reel(14.5kg) and a mono leader of 15kg.

after a few pikes, the braided line worn 30%. how this is happening? the line is the strongest link in the setup.

I would expect my rod to wear faster,...

2 minutes ago, NatureFly said:

I have a question too.

I am using braided line 21kg for my spinning rod(13.1kg) and Alfa Reel(14.5kg) and a mono leader of 15kg.

after a few pikes, the braided line worn 30%. how this is happening? the line is the strongest link in the setup.

I would expect my rod to wear faster,...

that setup is disaster waiting to happen. your strongest part of the setup must be your rod than your line , than your leader. on an alpha reel for example a decent pike setup would be 20-24kg line , 26+ kg rod and leader 1kg weaker than the line. In general keep your line 50% stronger than reel and leader weaker than the line , subject of variations ofcourse as you improve fishing experience. but NEVER have your rod weaker than any part of your setup. for example on your setup, a fish between 5 and 8 kg can completely break rod since your rod will be first to break as it's weakest. Not sure if you are joking/trolling or you really have that setup 🙂 i hope not. 

1 minute ago, Crapu said:

that setup is disaster waiting to happen. your strongest part of the setup must be your rod than your line , than your leader. on an alpha reel for example a decent pike setup would be 20-24kg line , 26+ kg rod and leader 1kg weaker than the line. In general keep your line 50% stronger than reel and leader weaker than the line , subject of variations ofcourse as you improve fishing experience. but NEVER have your rod weaker than any part of your setup. for example on your setup, a fish between 5 and 8 kg can completely break rod since your rod will be first to break as it's weakest. Not sure if you are joking/trolling or you really have that setup 🙂 i hope not. 

I am not joking, I got the rod from a kit, you know poor people buy kit. and then when I have silver, I bought a Alfa reel and that it. this rod caught me a 10kg pikes in Old burge lake so I am still using it and it is the heavy spinning rod I have now. 😞

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Unseen Light said:

I mean bolognese 

The main difference is in the availability of the rigs.  The bolognese setup does not offer the match and baitfish rig, and the match setup does not offer the bolognese rig.  You can read about the difference between the rigs in the rig description by going to any float rod, clicking on rig, then clicking on the separate rigs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crucian said:

The main difference is in the availability of the rigs.  The bolognese setup does not offer the match and baitfish rig, and the match setup does not offer the bolognese rig.  You can read about the difference between the rigs in the rig description by going to any float rod, clicking on rig, then clicking on the separate rigs.

Thanks

• Like 1

• TpCatch unpinned and unfeatured this topic