Jump to content
TpCatch

Your criticism for RF4

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, sirfishalot said:

Happening far too frequent. This game has rogue fish that will not stop running no matter what line you have on . The other day I had to chase a grass carp from the lake down the inlet to as far as you can walk . I had 27kg leaders and the Grass carp was 12kg . This is not right there is no way on earth that fish can run and run . If it wasn't for me running after it and reeling in the equivalent of almost 1000 meters of line it would of spooled me. The whole fight my reel was on red burn which is another falsehood . What do you think the drag is for? Please don't tell me that 12kg fish can tow 3 times their body mass plus the gear strength for an infinite time. IRL that fish would of gone on one limited run and been in the net in 5 mins. Just now again it happened 279 meters of 27kg line ripped off the spool without stopping and I know these fish are not big because every single one I have managed to be able to chase and land has been half the size of my gear. All I end up with is massive repair bills for friction burn and no fish and wasted time. I am fed up to my back teeth of these fish. Are we not supposed to catch these fish? I see 400 kg fish landed in records please tell me how when the highest rated gear is a fraction of that ? I cannot stress enough the settings on the fish strength is ridiculously high. Please fix this . thanksūüėČ

@sirfishalotI've moved this into criticism as it fits better into this topic. Another option would be to make a post in gameplay support and post your setup and time the fish was caught so that we can help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it that there are no UL rods that can cast 5g with a bonus to Texas rig and or Carolina rig? All of the current UL rods that would be an upgrade compared to using the Legend UL that give those bonuses can only cast up to 4g. With the current lure, hook and sinker weights there is no way to be within the weight requirements of casting only 4g on the upgraded UL rods. I love using my UL but I hate that to get the bigger fish using the boosted rods I have to go outside of using a UL rod. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BRDeAtHAnGeL

could you post of screenshot of the setup?

 

This is my setup on the Legend

 

Spoiler

rf4_4.0.12727_20191011_013136.thumb.png.d801854662e4e49bf36f26f43e88791c.png

 

 

 

If you use a 1gram quicker or other 1gram lure, it would work with the Vexillar as the weights would be within its 1 to 4gram limits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another technical restart and again fish "migrated". Thank you yet for another fish nerf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from monday to friday when I'm working and can't play - there is couple good hotspots to farm money, when weekend just starts and I can play, everyone is crying because all hotspots died and again I waste my time trying to find fish, without making any money.. 37lvl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dear RF4 team:

I don't know where to find help so I'm here to appeal that I am wrongly put into jail(i.e. penalty pond). It happens just now! I was fishing at Windind Rivelet with feeder rigs. While waiting for the bite, I usually switch back to desktop and do my coding. I don't think there is any single conduct which will break the game rule, though, I was kicked into the jail. I now request to cancel the decision of that, restore my account to normal state and clear any record of bad behavior since I was NOT doing anything  disobey the game rules.

I am playing RF4 via steam and my steam account is fibranc@gmail.com. You can contact me via this mail address.

Please help on this and feedback ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ericao13 said:

Hi Dear RF4 team:

I don't know where to find help so I'm here to appeal that I am wrongly put into jail(i.e. penalty pond). It happens just now! I was fishing at Windind Rivelet with feeder rigs. While waiting for the bite, I usually switch back to desktop and do my coding. I don't think there is any single conduct which will break the game rule, though, I was kicked into the jail. I now request to cancel the decision of that, restore my account to normal state and clear any record of bad behavior since I was NOT doing anything  disobey the game rules.

I am playing RF4 via steam and my steam account is fibranc@gmail.com. You can contact me via this mail address.

Please help on this and feedback ASAP!

Hi

In case of a ban, be it ingame, on the forums or on Discord, every player has a chance to state his/her case at admin@rf4game.com. 

Please send us an email

Thank you

Regards

Levo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Levo! Has sent the mail to admin@rf4game.com and support@rf4game.com, no reply yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may not be the correct place for my post, because it's not a critic. I have been playing this game for at least a year and a half and I really enjoyed the changes that will come in bottom fishing with the introduction of new rigs and new fishing tackle in addition to the new lake..

 

I find it essential to praise the work of the entire developer team as well as the community support team. So, I leave here my sincere thanks for being dedicated to making this game.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'Fish got away'.

 

Could you please confirm that this is an economy balance issue and that nothing we can do will reduce the occurance of this happening.  The reason why I think it is an economy balance issue is that, when it was first introduced, it happened on rods that hadn't been picked up, whilst playing a fish on another rod.  This was such a big change that the community picked up on it straight away.  When the sturgeon were 'hot' (remember the good old days?) it was possible to have a fish being played and 2 biting on the other 2 rods.  After one software update you could end up losing all 3 fish to 'Fish Got Away' (From herein known as 'FGA')  This seemed to be 'adjusted' in a later software update and the occurrence of it reduced markedly.

 

A few weeks ago, it started appearing again in the plague proportions that we saw when it was first introduced.  I have heard all of the excuses... don't use hooks with any wear (even 0.1%), don't walk whilst playing a fish, don't pump the fish or use a 'lift and draw' fish fighting technique.

 

None of this has any effect, you can use the 'CTRL and RMB' method of striking, brand new hooks, steady retrieve whilst playing, feet firmly planted on 'Terra Firma' and what appear to be good quality, HIGH SILVER PAYING fish miraculously 'Get Away'.  It's never the smaller fish... always the one good fish for that hours fishing.

 

Could you please confirm that FGA is an economy balancing tool that can be adjusted.

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, philaitch said:

'Fish got away'.

 

Could you please confirm that this is an economy balance issue and that nothing we can do will reduce the occurance of this happening.  The reason why I think it is an economy balance issue is that, when it was first introduced, it happened on rods that hadn't been picked up, whilst playing a fish on another rod.  This was such a big change that the community picked up on it straight away.  When the sturgeon were 'hot' (remember the good old days?) it was possible to have a fish being played and 2 biting on the other 2 rods.  After one software update you could end up losing all 3 fish to 'Fish Got Away' (From herein known as 'FGA')  This seemed to be 'adjusted' in a later software update and the occurrence of it reduced markedly.

 

A few weeks ago, it started appearing again in the plague proportions that we saw when it was first introduced.  I have heard all of the excuses... don't use hooks with any wear (even 0.1%), don't walk whilst playing a fish, don't pump the fish or use a 'lift and draw' fish fighting technique.

 

None of this has any effect, you can use the 'CTRL and RMB' method of striking, brand new hooks, steady retrieve whilst playing, feet firmly planted on 'Terra Firma' and what appear to be good quality, HIGH SILVER PAYING fish miraculously 'Get Away'.  It's never the smaller fish... always the one good fish for that hours fishing.

 

Could you please confirm that FGA is an economy balancing tool that can be adjusted.

 

Thank you.

 

I can not confirm or deny anything due not actually knowing it 100%, but I can share/state a few things from my own experience (an official answer would be really nice though.)

 

I have on multiple Accounts a playtime from over 5k hours and I have less than 1% of my fishes gone away (ratio of fishes caught and lost), also I caught more Trophies than all of my lost Fishes combined, but how?

 

1.

You have to know that there are certain Fish species which tend to "not" bite / show no bite indication, like chub, Ide, stickleback and such stuff.

If you are targeting them, or at least have a slight chance of catching them at your position/with your used bait you should frequently check your rods by either picking them up and pressing R , or reeling in with Y and looking for tension/rod bending, or the most convinient way is --> if you have much stuff in your inventory you open it and scroll down, if a Fish is on your inventory will lag and jump without a Fish it is fluently scrolling.

 

2.

There are certain things which do/can increase the chance of a Fish being lost.

  1. Losing Line Tention is the most common and well know one. (confirmed)
  2. Having to much pressure on the Hook. (confirmed)
  3. Pressuring the Fish at a wrong angle: Sometimes the Fish is in an angle where you barely can fight him, the first Fish you will encounter bevahing like that are Tenches, when they are in a straight line with the tail towards you, you have the choice of force turning them or let them turn by themself, with force turning you need way more power and with light gear it does feel that you pull a rock. The same thing can happen with Carps, Sturgeons and so on and can have a way bigger impact due their weight, overpressure them at that angle and you can easily lose them. (unconfirmed, personal experience)
  4. Having the Rod wrong angled: You should fight a Fish always against his swimming direction, if he is pulling left you angle your rod to the right. That way you can better prevent tension loss at Fishes which do make fast hard turns like Grass Carps and stuff like that, also that should be realistically always a better angle for the hook. (unconfirmed, personal Experience)
  5. Shift speed reeling your Fish on the surface. (I lost a decent amount of Fishes when I impatiently shift reeled small Fishes (for instance Carps 1-9kg)  with heavy Gear quickly with them bouncing/surfing on the surface) (unconfirmed, personal experience)
  6. Overused Hooks: Rumors are there that as you said even 0.1% used Hooks do influence the chance of a Fish being lost. I personally did never experience that.

3.

There are still unavoidable Fish lost scenarios, you can make everything as clean as possible and will still lose a Fish every now and then without any reason, but they removed those on RNG based lost Fishes atleast if you have fought them for a certain amount of Time, this Time does for sure differ though from species to species.

 

4.

Gear wise from my experience the only thing influencing it, is the Quality of a Hook itself (1-5 star rating).

 

5.

A untouched Rod with a Fish on has a way lower chance of the Fish getting away, sometimes they are on for 3-4+ RL hours, smaller Fish Species tend to get away quicker though.

As soon as you pick up your Rod with the Fish on it is seen as "active" and the Fish will get away way sooner, this is especially a "problem" with "greedy" float fishing, if you Fish with 3 float rods you sometimes tag 1 or even 2 more Fishes during fighting another one because you don't wanna miss them, but those rods are seen as active right away due you setting the hook and the Fishes will get of really soon,. I fthe Fish does bite "suicidal" by itself (mainly happening during bottom fishing) the rod is only seen as active when you touch it the first time, till then the chance is way lower.

 

I don't know how experienced you are, but this might help atleast some other people :-)

 

Gl & HF

 

Ps: as stated, an official anwer would be still nice, thanks <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, philaitch said:

'Fish got away'.

 

Could you please confirm that this is an economy balance issue and that nothing we can do will reduce the occurance of this happening.  The reason why I think it is an economy balance issue is that, when it was first introduced, it happened on rods that hadn't been picked up, whilst playing a fish on another rod.  This was such a big change that the community picked up on it straight away.  When the sturgeon were 'hot' (remember the good old days?) it was possible to have a fish being played and 2 biting on the other 2 rods.  After one software update you could end up losing all 3 fish to 'Fish Got Away' (From herein known as 'FGA')  This seemed to be 'adjusted' in a later software update and the occurrence of it reduced markedly.

 

A few weeks ago, it started appearing again in the plague proportions that we saw when it was first introduced.  I have heard all of the excuses... don't use hooks with any wear (even 0.1%), don't walk whilst playing a fish, don't pump the fish or use a 'lift and draw' fish fighting technique.

 

None of this has any effect, you can use the 'CTRL and RMB' method of striking, brand new hooks, steady retrieve whilst playing, feet firmly planted on 'Terra Firma' and what appear to be good quality, HIGH SILVER PAYING fish miraculously 'Get Away'.  It's never the smaller fish... always the one good fish for that hours fishing.

 

Could you please confirm that FGA is an economy balancing tool that can be adjusted.

 

Thank you.

 

I took a look at your catches and losses.  For the time period I looked at which was approximately 3 days, you caught 511 and lost 6.  Of the ones lost the longest fight was 155 seconds.  No trophies were lost and no high paying fish were lost either.  Fish got away is most definitely based on factors while fighting the fish and a small factor of rng.  It is absolutely not an economy balancing tool which can be adjusted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you'll see from today's fishing log, I fished for 6 minutes and got my first loss, the biggest catfish I got in that 6 minutes was 20.11kg, the one that got away was no trophy but was bigger than the 20.11kg. If it is not an economy balancing tool that can be adjusted, why has it become more prevalent for a lot of anglers recently? It's not just myself that has noticed it

 

The past few days I was fishing for whitefish and donets ruffe, all of which come in easily and have a high proportion of other species as by-catch, none of which are of high silver value.  Hence the high catch to loss ratio.

Edited by philaitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, philaitch said:

As you'll see from today's fishing log, I fished for 6 minutes and got my first loss, the biggest catfish I got in that 6 minutes was 20.11kg, the one that got away was no trophy but was bigger than the 20.11kg. If it is not an economy balancing tool that can be adjusted, why has it become more prevalent for a lot of anglers recently? It's not just myself that has noticed it

 

The past few days I was fishing for whitefish and donets ruffe, all of which come in easily and have a high proportion of other species as by-catch, none of which are of high silver value.  Hence the high catch to loss ratio.

What you are saying actually proves the point further that fish got away is based on factors while fighting the fish.  There are way too many factors to consider to have a definitive answer on specifically why people are losing more fish if indeed they are.  You would need to have all factors for a set sample of fish be exactly the same in order to form a concrete conclusion and that just isn't feasible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...